Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > Site Issues > Archive > CounterPoint Archive

Old 12-11-2002, 10:15:29   #201
maroule
Intermittent du spectacle

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkodrom

As for different goals... they aren't that different. In one case you have Palestine as the trigger, the other Northern Ireland.
agree with all except this point,
AQ ranks that as only his third grievance, the first being the 'occupation of sacred muslim places' in saudi arabia. Frankly they couldn't care less about Palestine, and besides you won't find many Palestinians in AQ (the closest will be jordanians, but most will be saudi and paki). If AQ cared, they would direct their actions against Israel, but they don't even pretend to try.

The Palestinian cause has be the figleaf of a lot of dubious causes and arab nationalistic mumbo jumbo, but in the end they're always on their own...
Old 12-11-2002, 11:07:42   #202
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Location: Drowning in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
Hmmm... yep. That's a fair point. Why is the Saudi issue mentioned so infrequently?

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/attac...838292,00.html

Quote:
A sombre Tony Blair last night revealed that British intelligence is delivering fresh warnings every day of a terrorist attack, and predicted that the threat to Britain will only be repelled at a painful price.
I actually quite like this speech even though I get the feeling that the talk of helping the muslim/arab world might be lip service to us liberals and it's basically a prepare for war speech.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:10:05   #203
The Shaker
Bag of Cabbages

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Yadda , yadda, yadda Shaker, your telling me you know shit.

How many airliners did the IRA crash into buildings in Britain?

How many Royal navy ships where attacked by the IRA?

How many British embassies were attacked by the IRA?

The truth is, your comparison is simple minded, because Al Qaeda is a different kind of enemy with different goals then the IRA.

In short, you know jack.
Suppose i've got to reply to this although other did a better job of it.

Airliner....None.
Cars, Trucks etc...lots.But they wern't american so they don't count in your opinion.

Ships...None that I know of. I assume you mean the USS Cole and not the french freighter.
Army vehicles, Helicopters, Bases, Police stations...lots, but they wern't american so they don't count in your opinion.

Embassies? All those kenyans getting killed?

I'm not sure we bother having an embassy to ourself in our own country...but i'll assume you've got some sort of retarded point here. Maybe you mean Canary wharf, shopping centres, churches, public transport etc etc etc. But they weren't American, so they don't count in your opinion.

In truth Chris you know Fuck all about the History over here, you seem to have some sort of hollywoodesque attitude to the whole thing. 'Baddies attack us because we're the best and they are jealous, we beat them because we're the best. End of story, go home to bed'

Given the fact you don't even argue any points anyone else makes apart to say 'you're wrong shithead' i've no idea why any of us are bothering . Fuck, you certainly do a good job of turning peoples opinions against you when they were originally sat in the middle. Have you though about being a politician?
Old 12-11-2002, 16:35:30   #204
Deacon
Washes his hands.

Terrorists are like roaches, except that roaches don't want power. I figure we'll step on a few, then when everybody feels good again, we'll elect some Democrats and bask in the new-found security until next time.

Save Karyn!!
Old 13-11-2002, 03:21:34   #205
Chris
really doesn't pay attention

Gee Shakey, what a well thought out post, you don't agree so I'm "Hollywoodesque" and a budding politician.

Ever enter your mind you could be wrong?

Nope, I know it didn't, your like most euro-jerks, you ASSUME Americans don't know about the IRA and what it did, then you accuse, condem, and act on your assumption.

As usual, like most of you assuming folk, YOUR WRONG.

In fact, I do know about the IRA, and they and Al Qaeda are different animals, and have different goals.

Your self-righteous tirade, while entertaining, was just damned silly.

You better start waking up to the fact that you could kiss Al Qaeda's ass, and they would STILL kill you, they HATE you for what you are, NOT what you say or do.
You jerls keep trying to say "US policy" makes arabs hate the US, that is only true because of ONE reason.
Jews.
THAT'S the real and ONLY reason, they even lie to their own people, and fabricate things, but it ALWAYS comes down to Israel in the end.

Well, we won't let them be exterminated like you jerks almost did, and that's tough shit if the arabs don't like it, they want a real war, bring it on.
Old 13-11-2002, 03:27:04   #206
GP

Fucking A. We'll teach them not to bring a boxcutter to a Jihad!
Old 13-11-2002, 03:28:57   #207
Chris

I have had enough of the bullshit Navy, we both know the truth.

Our misguided euro-twats better start understanding that if we go, THEY are next.
Old 13-11-2002, 03:33:53   #208
GP

Don't let em get to you, big guy. I've got your six.
Old 13-11-2002, 03:37:06   #209
Chris

These pooftas?

Lightweigths.

They are good kids, but they need a visit to the real world, they accuse Americans of not knowing the score, yet they pontificate from the saftey that OUR guys gave em, little twats.
Old 13-11-2002, 08:23:49   #210
maroule

another thorough examination of international relations

really enlightning

like talking about Kant with your gold fish
Old 13-11-2002, 08:50:46   #211
Dyl Ulenspiegel
voorvechter van modernearchitectuur

This armynavy lovefest reminds me of this thread.... http://www.counterglow.com/forum/sho...&threadid=7271
Old 13-11-2002, 09:46:11   #212
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

@ Roland

Quote:
They are good kids, but they need a visit to the real world, they accuse Americans of not knowing the score, yet they pontificate from the saftey that OUR guys gave em, little twats.
Only because you demonstrate that you don't know the score with every post on the matter. It's impossible to discuss anything with you when you assume (yes, it is YOU that is doing the assuming, not us) that everything you think is correct and everyone else is wrong. You don't discuss anything just dismiss it as wrong if it disagrees with you. It's retarded, it's like arguing with a smug 5 year old who resorts to insults when they haven't got any comeback. If it looks like we are trying to explain basic things that you know then it's because from what you say it's clear to us that either you don't know them or you don't understand them.

Here are some of the misconceptions that you keep saying even though they are utter bullshit.

1. We want to kiss Al Qaeda's ass.

WRONG! Find me any quote from any European poster or leader that says that we should let Al Qaeda get away with their terrorism or that we should allow them to do more. The issue is HOW we deal with them, not whether we should or not.

2. We don't understand the threat. WRONG!

In fact we seem to understand it better than you. According to you Al Qaeda is a headless entity incapable of carrying out attacks. We are sure that isn't the case.

3. We keep saying US policy makes Arabs hate the US.

I haven't said that but I have heard it said. It's wrong of you, as I did, to ignore the Saudi question. Al Qaeda is a Saudi led and funded group. As Maroule said their primary stated objective is to get foreign toops out of Saudi Arabia. There is also a huge issue with Israel as you said. So... basically you are saying that, yes, US policy does make the Arabs hate the US. I am certainly not saying that the Arabs are right to hate the US.

4. We don't want to invade Iraq because we're cowards.

WRONG! There are so many issues involved in attacking Iraq that it's not something to just charge into on your own. What almost every European nation is saying is that first we need to try the weapons inspectors, war is, and should always be, the last resort.
Old 13-11-2002, 10:00:19   #213
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyl Ulenspiegel
This armynavy lovefest reminds me of this thread.... http://www.counterglow.com/forum/sho...&threadid=7271

Spoon, it's not a swear word.

1st CG Hardcore Belt Royal Rumble Winner
Old 13-11-2002, 10:33:16   #214
maroule

that's hilarious

Funkodrom, don't waste any more energy
there is this quote from Guitry 'I don't talk to idiots, I might educate them'
Old 13-11-2002, 10:43:01   #215
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Old 13-11-2002, 10:54:10   #216
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
I rather run in the special olympics.

Old 13-11-2002, 10:58:28   #217
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

You'd lose.
Old 13-11-2002, 10:59:42   #218
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

And still be a retard.

Old 13-11-2002, 11:28:22   #219
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

But at least you'd still be the happy tree guy.
Old 13-11-2002, 11:58:43   #220
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

I am.

Old 13-11-2002, 12:10:16   #221
Dyl Ulenspiegel

"There are so many issues involved in attacking Iraq"

Your wrong again like most euro-jerks, America KNOWS how to deal with them. We will cover the country with twenty thousand McDonald outlets, I've SEEN those plans. You need a visit to the REAL junkfood world. I've been eating this stuff for YEARS, and my brother works at McDonald's.
Old 13-11-2002, 12:12:46   #222
maroule

Old 13-11-2002, 12:22:57   #223
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Old 13-11-2002, 13:17:10   #224
Sean
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally posted by walruskkkch
Perhaps he knows Sean?
My granddad’s name was Jack, so perhaps that was it.
Old 13-11-2002, 13:26:23   #225
Venom
Look out behind you!

I'm not going to make any flaming arguments and mock everyone like the supposed intelligents here are doing...

But gee, the inspectors don't look like they are going to work. And they sure didn't work before. Why keep trying the same things that don't work? The whole things screams of appeasement to me. And many here. So I think that's where the coward thing comes from. You've done more to assure everyone that you don't want to fight than you have to assure everyone that you will.

Old 13-11-2002, 13:27:57   #226
Sean
Rhubarb

I don’t think we do want to fight .
Old 13-11-2002, 13:32:59   #227
Venom
Look out behind you!

Then you're ignoring the problem. Or do you have another solution?

Old 13-11-2002, 13:38:27   #228
Sean
Rhubarb

I don’t want war, but it is probably necessary if the inspectors aren’t satisfied.
Old 13-11-2002, 13:42:20   #229
Venom
Look out behind you!

Not many people ever want a war. I'd prefer there be another way so my family and friends and their families won't have to trudge off to die. But I'd rather be on the offensive rather than wait for another attack.

Old 13-11-2002, 13:48:42   #230
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom
I'm not going to make any flaming arguments and mock everyone like the supposed intelligents here are doing...

But gee, the inspectors don't look like they are going to work. And they sure didn't work before. Why keep trying the same things that don't work? The whole things screams of appeasement to me. And many here. So I think that's where the coward thing comes from. You've done more to assure everyone that you don't want to fight than you have to assure everyone that you will.
No-one should want to fight. War is bad. Like I said, it's a last resort. Not wanting war doesn't make you cowardly it makes you sensible.

And as for ignoring the problem... which bit of which problem are we ignoring exactly?

If it's the fact that Iraq may or may not have weapons of mass destruction that it could use on other countries in the region? If it is that then why is the US talking North Korea which has admitted it has nukes but wants to invade Iraq which best evidence shows hasn't got them?

If it's the terrorism thing then there's still no evidence that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11 and there are tens of other countries that sponsor terrorism that we should be invading. Including the UK and US of course.
Old 13-11-2002, 13:50:45   #231
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

So yes, there is a problem which needs dealing with, and that might mean war. But you don't just rush into these things without thinking about it and you try other means first.

And you combine it with policies which bring the world community closer together, not ones that push it further apart.
Old 13-11-2002, 13:54:45   #232
maroule

sure
but we're in this situation because Bush senior botched it the first time. It was both stupid (refusing to take bagdad when it was the easiest) and criminal (arming kurds and chiah muslims and letting them be slaughtered). He botched it because in the middle of it he happened to realise he didn't know what the fuck to do with Irak without Saddam.

Bush junior doesn't know either. Are we condemned to a groundhog day again? attack and then think?

on the inspector alone being the solution, I'm not sure either. If done properly, it will be enough to hamper him from getting the bomb. Irresponsible states with the bomb don't bother the US so much (N Korea, Pakistan, etc.) that they can't live with one who is by most account quite far from getting it. As for curtailing terrorism and AQ, it's not the proper target either : much more effective would be to
1/ force Israel to accept to end its illegal occupation of colonies,

2/ clean up this very unsavoury ally that S Arabia is (where AQ gets most of its funding)

3/ help this unsavoury dictator (Mucharaf) control his islamists

4/ help rebuild afghanistan to curtail all AQ return there

but that much more difficult, long term and less telegenic. And yes, it takes a lot more COURAGE. The cowards are not those you think : it doesn't take much courage to bomb irakis from 10.000 feet.

Last edited by maroule; 13-11-2002 at 13:56:22.
Old 13-11-2002, 13:58:43   #233
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Old 13-11-2002, 13:59:00   #234
Venom
Look out behind you!

I'm not certain that we view North Korea as the same kind of a threat as Iraq. They've not done much invading recently. Though they do like to supply people with naughty devices.

And as for the other means the inspector thing has been tried before. Why try it again? If you don't want to jump right to war maybe we should have tried something different?

It looks to me like we're starting with the greatest problem area. Who knows what future actions may be taken? Hoping maybe that things will iron themselves out. And did anyone (including the Saudis) ever think that after Iraq we may leave the so called holy lands? Would that solve everything/anything? Yes we still have to try and protect Israel since no one else will but I think the way that we will be able to do that will be drastically changed if we get to pummel Hussein.

Last edited by Venom; 13-11-2002 at 14:10:52.
Old 13-11-2002, 14:02:32   #235
Sean
Rhubarb

Quote:
And as for the other means the inspector thing has been tried before. Why try it again?
Give Iraq a second chance?

Quote:
Yes we still have to try and protect Israel since no one else will but I think the way that we will be able to do that will be drastically changed if we get to pummel Hussein.
Could go either way, I guess. Still, there’s a chance of a positive outcome.
Old 13-11-2002, 14:07:17   #236
Venom
Look out behind you!

A cross post which with I somewhat agree. Especially about Saudi Arabia.

The whole courage bombing from 10k feet issue is such a cop out. We keep our troops safe and make attempts to attack valid military targets. Is it out fault our battle tech is design for a field where all combatants could fight at 10k feet? Would you like us to show our courage by suicide bombing mosques and clubs? Is it couragous to attack innocent people?

I've said it before but I actually do not have that much of a problem with the attack on the pentagon or the Cole. We are and were at war and didn't realize it and those are valid military targets but to attack civilians makes you a coward. No matter what so called brave method you choose to do it.

And how far back do you want to go to find out who botched everything? Because you can go back and point fingers at the UK for turning it's back on Palestine or I'm sure even further to other countries that are outside of my knowledge.

Old 13-11-2002, 14:26:47   #237
maroule

Quote:
The whole courage bombing from 10k feet issue is such a cop out. We keep our troops safe and make attempts to attack valid military targets.
Exactly, the coward point is absurd. Then it'd be a (small) relief if some gun-ho republicans (are you listening, GP and Chris?) could stop dumbing the issue by saying europe 'lacks courage'. It's equally absurd.

Bombing civilians is despicable, either done with home made bombs or with F-16. Agreed too. So you'll agree that Israel's bombings of Gaza strip or of Lebanon are not exactly constructive.

The blaming game. Yes, England has it's part of the blame (Balfour and all, but then again you can find at least some English involvement in anything that went wrong for the last 2 centuries, especially hair style in the 80's), and yes it's pointless to indulge in that for past actions. It's interesting, however, to see each other's reponsibilities in the current situation. The first Iraki war was led by the US, it was quite an achievement to muster the international coalition, and it was done with minimal casualties on the allied side. All the credit to the US. But, frankly, my points remain valid about Bush senior failing to win it and creating such a mess (and allowing Saddam to gaz kurds, after having sworn to protect them).
Old 13-11-2002, 14:29:07   #238
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Did you have English coaches at the World Cup?

(Good post)
Old 13-11-2002, 14:32:09   #239
Venom
Look out behind you!

I'm solidly convinced Bush 1 left the Gulf War the way it was so we would have a reason to be there in the future. Never said your points weren't valid. We're there now. We're the target now. We're not as stupid as you would like to think and like to make us think.

Old 13-11-2002, 14:33:37   #240
Sean
Rhubarb

Their players played for English clubs.
Old 13-11-2002, 14:35:12   #241
Venom
Look out behind you!

As for Israel, everything I've ever seen makes them look retalitory for actions taken against them. It sucks for them that their enemy doesn't wear a uniform and likes to hid in civilian areas.

I don't doubt I'm missing information, but until I see enough to convince me otherwise I am entirely on Israel's side.

Old 13-11-2002, 14:44:47   #242
maroule

Quote:
I'm solidly convinced Bush 1 left the Gulf War the way it was so we would have a reason to be there in the future.

I hope not, because that would be purely criminal (dead rebels + dead from sanctions probably amount to hundred of thousands). Even though Saddam and not the US are to blame for these deaths, not stopping a criminal when you can is criminal in itself.

Israelis get terror attacks because for 50 years their policies have reduced entire populations to despair. If any of us were young palestinians, we'd be rabidly anti-israelis. If your policy make everybody (including normal sensible individuals) hate you, then it's probably a wrong policy.

And I never though 'americains' were 'stupid' (or that the US government was made of morons). You can be smart and implement stupid/disastrous policies (we're good at that throughout Europe). But I, among other point, regret the lack of humility, the binary way of thinking (good/evil), the ideologic rigidity (on Israel, environmental policy) etc.

Last edited by maroule; 13-11-2002 at 14:47:22.
Old 13-11-2002, 14:48:34   #243
Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by Funkodrom
Only because you demonstrate that you don't know the score with every post on the matter.
Bullshit Mikey, this kind of statement is EXACTLY why so many Americans hold you guys in contempt.
Quote:
It's impossible to discuss anything with you when you assume (yes, it is YOU that is doing the assuming, not us) that everything you think is correct and everyone else is wrong.
Oh really?
Seems that Shakey claimed I was "hollywoodesque and such, because I didn't agreee with him, in other words, your full of shit dude.
Quote:
You don't discuss anything just dismiss it as wrong if it disagrees with you.
Not true, say something worth discussing.
You guys love to say "you Yanks are all no nothing twits, and follow-up with backslapping smily posts, like you see above.
Quote:
It's retarded, it's like arguing with a smug 5 year old who resorts to insults when they haven't got any comeback.
It's funny you say that, because that's exactly how I feel talking to a lot of you, and I'm not being facious here, just honest.
You guys do have massive egos, I do also, but you guys are off the hook.
Quote:
If it looks like we are trying to explain basic things that you know then it's because from what you say it's clear to us that either you don't know them or you don't understand them.
Again, I feel, as do most Americans, EXACTLY that about you guys.
Quote:
Here are some of the misconceptions that you keep saying even though they are utter bullshit.
Here's where the problems start, you ASSUME, then you act on it.

Quote:

WRONG! Find me any quote from any European poster or leader that says that we should let Al Qaeda get away with their terrorism or that we should allow them to do more. The issue is HOW we deal with them, not whether we should or not.
What is actually at issue is that most of you REFUSE to act, and deny facts placed right in front of your face.
An example:
I have said, as have others, there is a DIRECT link between Al Qaeda and Saddam, you guys deny.
Today, OBL released an audio tape warning of dire consequences if IRAQ is attacked.
No link?
They just showed you there was.

Quote:
2. We don't understand the threat. WRONG!

In fact we seem to understand it better than you. According to you Al Qaeda is a headless entity incapable of carrying out attacks. We are sure that isn't the case.
Your #2 assumption, and again dead wrong.
You give them TOO MUCH credit.
In fact, they have been hurt, and now resort to what we in the military call secondary objectives.
The primary target remains the US, but now it isn't as easy, we recognize they will attempt something, but we also know it won't be a 9/11 type show.
You guys think that was some brilliant master-stroke, when in fact, it was US stupidity in ignoring the warning signs.

Quote:
3. We keep saying US policy makes Arabs hate the US.

I haven't said that but I have heard it said. It's wrong of you, as I did, to ignore the Saudi question. Al Qaeda is a Saudi led and funded group. As Maroule said their primary stated objective is to get foreign toops out of Saudi Arabia. There is also a huge issue with Israel as you said. So... basically you are saying that, yes, US policy does make the Arabs hate the US. I am certainly not saying that the Arabs are right to hate the US.
There is an added factor here, the US can't just attack nations at random, it needs a reason, and then it still will recieve a world of opposition.
I have spoken out against the house of Saud repeatedly, but it's actually the fundementalist mindset that is the enemy.

Quote:
4. We don't want to invade Iraq because we're cowards.

WRONG! There are so many issues involved in attacking Iraq that it's not something to just charge into on your own. What almost every European nation is saying is that first we need to try the weapons inspectors, war is, and should always be, the last resort.
This is the most annoying of all.
How much is enough?
How many times do you play the same dance over and over?

Mikey, the truth is, you guys act so smug you make me and a few others call you Euro-twats, this smuck is the perfect example:

"Funkodrom, don't waste any more energy
there is this quote from Guitry 'I don't talk to idiots, I might educate them'"

This dickhead blew in from nowhere, and starts throwing insults.
Maybe he's a long time friend of yours, maybe not, but I don't know him, and he starts tossing insults, and he expects to be taken seriously by me?

Most of us know each other for awhile, so we know that insults are mostly of the harmless nature, but I don't know this guy, but he's the poster boy for arrogant Euro-twat.
Old 13-11-2002, 14:52:25   #244
Venom
Look out behind you!

Quote:
Originally posted by maroule

Israelis get terror attacks because for 50 years their policies have reduced entire populations to despair. If any of us were young palestinians, we'd be rabidly anti-israelis. If your policy make everybody (including normal sensible individuals) hate you, then it's probably a wrong policy.
The only reason I disagree with this is because I believe a change in policy won't help Israel (and the fact that just because some people don't like a policy doesn't mean it's not good/right/helpful). They'll continue to be assaulted until they are destroyed. Arafat had his chance for a compromise and blew it because he was greedy and wanted more. Now neither side can budge without looking weak. And if either side looks weak, they will assuredly be destroyed.

Old 13-11-2002, 14:57:17   #245
Dyl Ulenspiegel

"Today, OBL released an audio tape warning of dire consequences if IRAQ is attacked."

Can't be. He's dead.
Old 13-11-2002, 15:01:30   #246
Chris

It could be a fake, or his older speaches matched, or even an impersonator, nobody knows.

If your asking what I think, I still believe he's dead, an audio tape is just more suspcious, if he's OK, why not a video?
Old 13-11-2002, 15:03:09   #247
Dyl Ulenspiegel

"Israelis get terror attacks because for 50 years their policies have reduced entire populations to despair."

Not only. Israel serves as a lightning rod for each and every problem in the arab world. And the occupation of the westbank and gaza is the result of an arab policy to wipe out Israel. Israel is however standing in the way of a solution with this godforhaten stupid settlement policy. Which is related to:

"Arafat had his chance for a compromise and blew it because he was greedy and wanted more."

I think Arafat should have taken the deal, but that is a common misrepresentation of what was on offer. It would eventually have left the palestinians with something like 90 % of the westbank, but nothing like a state - Barak reserved extensive restrictions wrt water, borders, and security that you could not have called that palestinian entity a state.
Old 13-11-2002, 15:06:56   #248
maroule

Quote:

This dickhead blew in from nowhere, and starts throwing insults.
Maybe he's a long time friend of yours, maybe not, but I don't know him, and he starts tossing insults, and he expects to be taken seriously by me?

Most of us know each other for awhile, so we know that insults are mostly of the harmless nature, but I don't know this guy, but he's the poster boy for arrogant Euro-twat.

yesss, I exist

Chris, I asked you about 5 times serious questions (once by copying the exact same question I had posted a week earlier) that you've never condescended to answer to. I'm sorry if I come across as being arrogant, but from what I see I probably know your country history, your language and the state of the current affairs a lot better than you. I have also carefully refrained from flaming or 'tossing insults'.

now, just for the fun of it, to explain a bit what logic means :

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is actually at issue is that most of you REFUSE to act, and deny facts placed right in front of your face.
An example:
I have said, as have others, there is a DIRECT link between Al Qaeda and Saddam, you guys deny.
Today, OBL released an audio tape warning of dire consequences if IRAQ is attacked.
No link?
They just showed you there was.

Plain bad reasoning. There is not causal link between the two. Another explanation : OBL knows a US intervention would badly upset the Arab world, so he jumps on the bandwagon. Whatever happens, he wins (Irak gets trampled, as is certain, he stirs discontent, US gets bogged down he appears the winner). He has been doing that with the Palestinian cause for a while, a cause he cares very little about (and certainly doesn't fight for)
Old 13-11-2002, 15:21:51   #249
Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by maroule
yesss, I exist
Only as an example of all that has become bad about CG lately dude.

Quote:
Chris, I asked you about 5 times serious questions (once by copying the exact same question I had posted a week earlier) that you've never condescended to answer to.
Where?
If you stuck them in long threads, the odds are I didn't see it, like most of us, I don't read every post, especially if it's long.
Quote:
I'm sorry if I come across as being arrogant, but from what I see I probably know your country history, your language and the state of the current affairs a lot better than you.
Who knows, maybe you do, but I wouldn't count on that if I were you.
Quote:
I have also carefully refrained from flaming or 'tossing insults'.
This place isn't about that.
When Mikey calls me a cunt, he's not trying to hurt my feelings, nor am I trying to hurt him when I call him a twat.

Quote:
now, just for the fun of it, to explain a bit what logic means :
You do have an air of arrogance, there is no doubt of it, it marks you as a Euro-twat, likely college level, active or interested in politics, and not used to dealing with those whom disagree with you.

Quote:
Plain bad reasoning.
Only because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't nulify it.
There's your arrogance showing again.
Quote:
There is not causal link between the two.
If there were NO OTHER proof, then, and only then, would you have a point, yet both Blair and Bush presented considerable informatrion showing other links, which supports my interpretation.
It was a nice attempt by you to avoid one explanation you disagree with by ignoring fact.
Quote:
Another explanation : OBL knows a US intervention would badly upset the Arab world, so he jumps on the bandwagon.
Again, in light of Afghanistan, your answer is not well thought out, the same "band-wagon" scare tactic was used then, yet the Arab world did nothing.
Quote:
Whatever happens, he wins (Irak gets trampled, as is certain, he stirs discontent, US gets bogged down he appears the winner).
A warning wasn't needed for that, what your attempting is called "circular logic", produce an explanation that fits the facts while ignoring events.
Quote:
He has been doing that with the Palestinian cause for a while, a cause he cares very little about (and certainly doesn't fight for)
This shows a complete lack of understanding of Al Qaeda, from DAY ONE OBL stated that ANY infidel presence in what he considers Muslim lands is an act of war, and Israel is the BIGGEST affront to this.

See what I mean dude?

Two sides to everything.
Old 13-11-2002, 15:28:30   #250
Dyl Ulenspiegel

Quote:
You do have an air of arrogance, there is no doubt of it, it marks you as a Euro-twat, likely college level, active or interested in politics, and not used to dealing with those whom disagree with you.
[/B]