Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > Site Issues > Archive > CounterPoint Archive

Old 22-08-2002, 00:48:53   #351
Provost Harrison
Registered (alcohol ab)User

I am replying to your talk of restrictions and threatening me with meaningless number changes and things. However much effort or how many clicks you make makes no difference. Remember, I moderate a vBulletin site, I know exactly how to ban, unban, PCR, etc. But I couldn't care less about your little bouts of self-importance is what I am saying.

Or abbreviated: stick it where the sun don't shine.
Old 22-08-2002, 01:02:43   #352
Ming
Off Duty

PH... what the hell are you talking about. You broke the rules, you were suspended. Believe me when I say I have no feeling of self importance because of an internet site.

I have feelings of self importance when I see my family. An internet site is just not important to me. Is it important to you?
Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un b‚tard, Ming Ť un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bÍkartem, Ming šr en horunge, Mingas yra benkartas, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
and if you don't understand any of these... Ming. Bastard is he. yesssss.
Old 22-08-2002, 01:06:03   #353
Provost Harrison

Not important to me, so why do you get so stressed, resolving all these nonexistent problems, enforcing your authority and 'online spanking teenagers'? Never mind the sheer amounts of capitalisation you used in the ICQ conversation last night

You've seen how I function, you've seen how I moderate at CGN. I'm laid back. Believe me, my feathers are not going to be ruffled by a cyber-neo-nazi like you.

And your excessive use of smilies indicates that you are using them to mask your true sentiment.

As I have said, I have far more pressing problems in my life. Although the way you and that incredibly nerdy civ site staff react so predictably is humourous. It reminds me of those lab rats I used to work with
Old 22-08-2002, 01:13:52   #354
Ming
Off Duty

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Not important to me, so why do you get so stressed, resolving all these nonexistent problems, enforcing your authority and 'online spanking teenagers'?
Believe me when I say I'm not stressed about this at all. It has nothing to do with "enforcing my authority"... it has everything to do with doing the job MarkG and DanQ has asked me to do.
As a mod, you should understand that.

I have far greater problems right now to be stressed about. But those are real life problems... not some insignificant problems on an internet site.
Ming is a bastard, Ming es un bastardo, Ming est un b‚tard, Ming Ť un bastardo, Mingus bastardus est, Ming ist ein Mistkerl, Ming jest bÍkartem, Ming šr en horunge, Mingas yra benkartas, Ming korcs, O Ming ine bastarthos, Ming on rakastajani...
Old 22-08-2002, 01:14:29   #355
Lefty Scaevola
curmudgeon

Quote:
Believe it or not Ming, you don't actually wield any power, you moderate a bulletin board.
That is correct, as Ming, AoA, Stormerne, I and other OLDER Moderators well know. The is no significant status or honor to the posistion, it is only a dreary task done for the site owner in gratitude for the site they have provided. We have weilded real authority at various levels in the real world. We have supported ourselves and our families Some of have have been involed multiple levels of Politics (It is even goddamn dirtier than you imagine it to be). I have had the future and economic well being of many clients in my hands. MtG has likely had the lives of several persons in his hands. We know what power is at many levels
Old 22-08-2002, 01:31:45   #356
Provost Harrison

Well my mandate is 'to keep control' and to obviously follow rules. But sensibly, to exercise discretion, not be monolithically inflexible about them.
Old 22-08-2002, 01:38:23   #357
Ming
Off Duty

Quote:
Well my mandate is 'to keep control' and to obviously follow rules. But sensibly, to exercise discretion, not be monolithically inflexible about them.
Well.. it's a matter of opinion. I've heard many complaints about your modding style... I usually just ignore what people say about you because they come from people who have had action taken against them, and are usually just whining