The Bursar
___/\______\o/___

nice one Cali
Old 12-08-2002, 19:15:08   #103
Caligastia
Beer Bather

Quote:
Originally posted by Herman

The enjoyment has left a long time ago. I've decided just to let people know what I think of them before stopping posting here and Poly altogether.
is that a fact?
Old 12-08-2002, 19:15:43   #104
Caligastia
Beer Bather

Quote:
Originally posted by The Bursar
nice one Cali
thanks, but I missed
Old 12-08-2002, 19:16:05   #105
The Bursar
___/\______\o/___

I know. Thus the praise
Old 12-08-2002, 19:16:11   #106
Herman

Yes, I've already asked Ming to restrict the account after the banning is over with anyway just incase I feel the urge to come back.
Old 12-08-2002, 19:17:01   #107
Caligastia
Beer Bather

can we continue this pity party here:
http://www.counterglow.net/forum/sho...&threadid=6407
Old 12-08-2002, 19:20:23   #108
Chris
really doesn't pay attention

Well, if you want that, go for it dude.
Old 12-08-2002, 20:03:12   #109
Sean
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally posted by Scabrous Birdseed
Allitteration! Allitteration! *taps desk with wooden ruler in teacherly way*
Alliteration! Alliteration! *Taps Scabrous† Birdseed with wooden ruler in teacherly way.*

† I typed Sagacious first .
Old 12-08-2002, 21:11:56   #110
Scabrous Birdseed
for your usergroup and post count

What I mean is that he just missed a great opportunity to introduce some middle school poetry into this thread, something it'd definately have benefitted from.
Old 12-08-2002, 23:35:09   #111
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

So why did you 2 get banned anyway?

Look, I don't care any more okay?

Old 13-08-2002, 01:50:23   #112
*End Is Forever*

Quote:
There's not much I wouldn't do when someone attacks my family.
Well then, I hope you're going to get very mad at yourself for mutilating your son...
Old 13-08-2002, 02:33:56   #113
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Jesus...what business is it of yours? Do any of you little shits have kids? My God...who'd have thought?
And Asher, I do believe that calling someone's child a bastard is pretty much an attack. Don't know about the rest of you parents, but I sort of take exception to that.
Like my 13 month old child can defend himself.
Old 13-08-2002, 02:47:22   #114
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

I'm not going to take this any further.

Last edited by BigGameHunter; 13-08-2002 at 02:48:47.
Old 13-08-2002, 02:57:11   #115
Herman

Quote:
And Asher, I do believe that calling someone's child a bastard is pretty much an attack. Don't know about the rest of you parents, but I sort of take exception to that.
Like my 13 month old child can defend himself.
Just what do you think a baby born out of wedlock is called, Sneak?
I obviously wasn't calling him a bastard as in an asshole or a jerk, but as a...bastard child.

And that's what he is, unless you managed to timetravel back in time and marry before he was born?

Last edited by Herman; 13-08-2002 at 02:59:29.
Old 13-08-2002, 04:05:12   #116
walruskkkch
A minor deity, but trying harder.

Location: Walrus, Great Protector of Hookers, God of boredom chick pic posting
Does anyone actually pay attention to that anymore?

2002 Musical Babe -- Faith Hill

Quis penetrat penetrantes ?

Bain of the cheese-eating, surrender monkeys.
Old 13-08-2002, 05:16:08   #117
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
All my kids are bastards

Well actually that isn't true - only the last one is a bastard

His birthday is Thursay

One years old, lol

Old 13-08-2002, 05:42:32   #118
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Damn... Ash, that is a volley on family members. Regardless. The wee one isn't a poster, remember? It's okay to attack someone's family if they post, but not if they don't.

Humm... you know, sometimes I listen to Chris. But don't tell him. We don't want him getting a big head or something, do we?

Are you leaving forever? People that do that, leave. They don't say "I'm leaving this forum forever cause you guys are all dicks! With tiny, tiny, tiny tinklers!"
They - Just - Leave.

Otherwise you will be seen to be whining for attention.

Now, why is this house of spam getting ego serious? And I'm not on one or the other ends of this? There aren't many people licensed to make themselves UberAsses here. Maybe most people are just smarter then to get a UA license.
Old 13-08-2002, 05:49:49   #119
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Quote:
I'm not going to take this any further.
Famous last words

Old 13-08-2002, 05:55:20   #120
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Darkstar, this the source of all the angst-and-whatever you just witnessed above:

http://that incredibly nerdy civ site.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=58266

I found it worthwhile to go through, for the amusement value.

Millions wouldn't.

I will crush you. With happy little apples.

I am a happy little sig. virus. Please put me in your happy little sig. so I can continue to happily replicate. A little.

Old 13-08-2002, 07:28:18   #121
Roland
The Happy Little Yodel Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean

Alliteration! Alliteration! *Taps Scabrous? Birdseed with wooden ruler in teacherly way.*
Scabrous is dead ?

Old 13-08-2002, 12:54:45   #122
Herman

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
Damn... Ash, that is a volley on family members. Regardless. The wee one isn't a poster, remember? It's okay to attack someone's family if they post, but not if they don't.
It wasn't attacking the kid, it was describing his situation as a result of Sneak's "success". He had a bastard child, he got married at a quickie joint in Vegas, and he's a car salesman.

If he takes this as being offensive to his kid, perhaps he should have thought of that before having the kid prior to marriage? Sometimes the truth hurts, deal with it.
Old 13-08-2002, 13:03:49   #123
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Quote:

He had a bastard child, he got married at a quickie joint in Vegas, and he's a car salesman.

If he takes this as being offensive to his kid, perhaps he should have thought of that before having the kid prior to marriage? Sometimes the truth hurts, deal with it.
This is not meant to be offensive?

Old 13-08-2002, 13:06:47   #124
Herman

Not to the kid. I couldn't care less about the kid, I don't know him.
Old 13-08-2002, 13:10:51   #125
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

It was a low blow.
Old 13-08-2002, 15:15:47   #126
Chris

By a little punk.

Run home little boy, your shit here.

DS, I don't listen to me either.
Old 13-08-2002, 17:16:55   #127
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

So it's ok to call you a pillow biter or a fruit or a faggot or sodomite or queer or whatever, and that's not offensive? Since it's true, it isn't an insult, according to your logic. The word bastard has NO negative connotations whatsoever, right? So to say you are any one of the following things is not a perjorative, it's like saying "hi, buddy, how's it going?" So you'd walk up to someone on the street who you knew was born out of wedlock and say "hey, bastard" and when he said "hey ankle grabber" you guys would just give each other high fives and cruise on down the road?
Ok...I see how it works. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I'm going to have to try that out on some people...didn't think it was acceptable before...but since you say it is so, it must be!
Brother...
Old 13-08-2002, 18:02:24   #128
Herman

Quote:
So it's ok to call you a pillow biter or a fruit or a faggot or sodomite or queer or whatever, and that's not offensive? Since it's true, it isn't an insult, according to your logic.
There's a slight difference between "pillow biter", "fruit", "faggot", etc because those are all purely derrogatory slang terms. If you called me bisexual I'd have no problem with it, and the technical term for your son is a bastard child as well.

Quote:
The word bastard has NO negative connotations whatsoever, right?
It does when you're using it as an insult, not when you're describing someone technically. Like if you called the average person gay, they'd probably be offended. That doesn't mean it's offensive to call a gay person a gay.

Just because you're offended by someone reminding you your son is a bastard child isn't any excuse for anything you've done.

Quote:
So to say you are any one of the following things is not a perjorative, it's like saying "hi, buddy, how's it going?" So you'd walk up to someone on the street who you knew was born out of wedlock and say "hey, bastard" and when he said "hey ankle grabber" you guys would just give each other high fives and cruise on down the road?
I don't do anal, if it means so much to you.
And no, I wouldn't randomly say "hey, bastard" to him. If we got into an argument about what a shining example of humanity his father was, I'd surely bring up that he was a bastard child. See the difference?

Quote:
Run home little boy, your shit here.
This doesn't even make sense, Chris. Drinking again? Drowning away the sorrows of your life? Little early for that, don't you think?

Last edited by Herman; 13-08-2002 at 18:03:38.
Old 13-08-2002, 18:25:25   #129
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Well, Asher...I think you're in a majority of one here, no matter how much you'd like to dissuade people to the contrary. You know very well that the "technical" term would be "illegitimate" long before "bastard".
But if you'd like to think that it's ok to refer to someone's child in that fashion, that's fine by me. My son had nothing to do with the circumstances of his birth, just like everyone else in the world.
If you think the fact that he was born before I signed a piece of paper with his mother lessens or cheapens his value as a human being, or in any way dampens the extreme love I have for him, that is also your choice.
This kind of reasoning on your part only serves to validate other's observations that you have no experience, no perspective and no value system to refer to when making your observations on what is accurate and, even more importantly, functional in the real world.
The sad thing is, you try to hurt me by slandering my son and then don't even have the balls to admit to it, rather, you retreat into a wishy washy semantic defense that is so opaque as to be transparent to anyone with even the smallest amount of insight.
I've gone beyond dislike for you...you really are rather sad and pitiful, truth be known. I hope you grow up and realize that the world is not nearly as pat and easy to categorize as you seem to think it is. Bottom line, life is going to teach you that, whether you think you have all the answers now or not.
I honestly hope it isn't too hard a lesson, as I sense a decent human being in there, somewhere, under all that insecurity and confusion.

Last edited by BigGameHunter; 13-08-2002 at 18:29:01.
Old 13-08-2002, 18:39:17   #130
Herman

Quote:
Well, Asher...I think you're in a majority of one here, no matter how much you'd like to dissuade people to the contrary. You know very well that the "technical" term would be "illegitimate" long before "bastard".
I wasn't in a mood to play it nice with you, and it's not an incorrect word for it. It's the truth either way.

Quote:
But if you'd like to think that it's ok to refer to someone's child in that fashion, that's fine by me. My son had nothing to do with the circumstances of his birth, just like everyone else in the world.
I never said he did have anything to do with it, if you'll recall at the time I was discussing what a great person you are. I wasn't talking specifically about the kid, it's just that he is the result of something that shows what a wonderful and upstanding man you are.

Quote:
If you think the fact that he was born before I signed a piece of paper with his mother lessens or cheapens his value as a human being, or in any way dampens the extreme love I have for him, that is also your choice.
Give me a fucking break, I never said anything remotely close to that. Are you really that stupid, or are you just trying to twist the words around?

Quote:
This kind of reasoning on your part only serves to validate other's observations that you have no experience, no perspective and no value system to refer to when making your observations on what is accurate and, even more importantly, functional in the real world.
Or even more, you apparently still don't understand what was said in the fucking thread because you seem to think I was attacking your son, when I was attacking YOU. It was YOUR fault he was born as an "illegitimate" child, not his. Stop trying to use him as a shield.

Quote:
The sad thing is, you try to hurt me by slandering my son
Are you really this fucking stupid? Honestly, give it a rest.

I was slandering YOU, and YOUR ACTIONS.

Quote:
I've gone beyond dislike for you...you really are rather sad and pitiful, truth be known.
Wait, weren't you the guy who was threatening to look up the address to a kids' parents and out him to them? You're the one that's sad and pitiful, and what's more is you've shown yourself to be so truly stupid you thought when someone makes a big long list of "bad" things you've done, they include a "bastard child" comment, you get all weepy-eyed and scream at the person for insulting the son, for saying you have less love for the son, and all of that bullshit. You're the one saying that, I merely said you had a quickie marriage in Vegas and a bastard child. And that is undeniable.

Quote:
I hope you grow up and realize that the world is not nearly as pat and easy to categorize as you seem to think it is.
Someone feel free to point out what relevance this has in anything. I've never thought the world was pat and easy to categorize, black and white, or any of that. I just know a pathetic moron when I see one.

Quote:
Bottom line, life is going to teach you that, whether you think you have all the answers now or not.
More misplaced and useless "I'm older than you and therefore a wiser man" -- it's not true for everyone, and it's certainly not true for you. Once again, feel free to explain the relevance of this.

Quote:
I honestly hope it isn't too hard a lesson, as I sense a decent human being in there, somewhere, under all that insecurity and confusion. [/B]
Confusion? WHAT confusion?
And what insecurity?

Do you even know what you're talking about, at all? Are you once again throwing out words hoping no one notices you're talking out of your ass?

I thought the general consensus was I was a narcissistic asshole, and suddenly I'm insecure?
And that confusion comment just came out of left field.
Old 13-08-2002, 18:41:12   #131
Caligastia
Beer Bather

ooooooooo good comeback
Old 13-08-2002, 18:48:16   #132
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

I thought so too.
He seems to be unraveling a bit.
All of my cards are on the table. Apparently, the way in which I got married, my occupation and the fact I didn't get married in a timely fashion are all he can come up with. If that's your best shot, Asher, it isn't very good.
We could go into what your parenting is like, seeing as how you cannot share your orientation for whatever reason--a situation that will not exist with my child--but I don't think you want to go there.
Old 13-08-2002, 18:50:21   #133
Caligastia
Beer Bather

go there!!! go there!!!
Old 13-08-2002, 18:52:23   #134
Herman

Quote:
I thought so too.
He seems to be unraveling a bit.
All of my cards are on the table. Apparently, the way in which I got married, my occupation and the fact I didn't get married in a timely fashion are all he can come up with. If that's your best shot, Asher, it isn't very good.
Isn't it? I know I'd be unhappy with myself if I were in your shoes. Maybe I just have higher standards than you.

And "your best shot" is that I'm a "spoiled brat". By that, do you mean I'm spoiled because I need to pay for my own college? Or is it that I'd need to pay for my own car and my own insurance if I want to drive? Is it because I take public transit everywhere? Is it because I have a job? Just because my parents have money doesn't mean I do. They don't want to spoil me, it gets you in a bad habit for the rest of your life when you don't need to work for anything.

Quote:
We could go into what your parenting is like, seeing as how you cannot share your orientation for whatever reason--a situation that will not exist with my child--but I don't think you want to go there.
I'm not telling them because they don't need to know, it's none of their business.

And you're kidding yourself if your child will tell you. All it takes is one tiny little comment that's offensive to gays in the entire life of the child and they'll ALWAYS remember that when they think about coming out to you, and I've seen how you talk about homosexuals on that incredibly nerdy civ site. Your kids will come out to you if they're gay after they're out of the house and away from you, unless you change your whole approach on the matter before he starts remembering things.
Old 13-08-2002, 18:54:06   #135
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Nah...he's obviously aware of what he has to contend with on that issue. Since I don't know the facts behind why it has to be a secret, I will not assume to make a detailed assumption, only note that it certainly is not the ideal. I guess the bottom line is that, in my world, you can be a bastard, have "low-caste" parents and a dad that's a moron and still be able to be who you want to be, without fear of reprisal. I may not be able to give my kid a mansion and a fancy car to drive, but I will give him a comfortable identity.
Amazing what money can't buy, isn't it?
Old 13-08-2002, 18:56:00   #136
Herman

Spoken like a true idealist without any real experience with a gay kid.

Unless you radically change your opinions from what you've said on that incredibly nerdy civ site, your kid will not come out to you before he's 20, regardless if you tell him it's okay if he is after you've already talked about how gays are different in his life.

Coming out to your parents alienates you. It tells your dad you're not one of the guys anymore, everyone assumes everything about you based upon what they heard and see on TV.

But hey, you've taken psychology, why am I telling you this?

Last edited by Herman; 13-08-2002 at 18:57:03.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:00:04   #137
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Asher, my son has a lesbian aunt and a gay uncle--I doubt he's going to be feeling too repressed in our family. My wife and I have absolutely no qualms with homosexuals and our son spends equal amounts of time with his gay and straight relatives. That doesn't change the way I personally feel about promiscuity among gays or whether or not I accept a gay man's views on penile health over an MD's. You're comparing apples and oranges.
I would be worried if my son were gay, given the lifestly that generally exists in that community. I would be equally concerned if he weren't inclined toward monogamy in his heterosexual lifestyle as well.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:01:50   #138
Caligastia
Beer Bather

are you gay asher?
Old 13-08-2002, 19:03:26   #139
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

He's bi-sexual.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:03:44   #140
Herman

Quote:
Asher, my son has a lesbian aunt and a gay uncle--I doubt he's going to be feeling too repressed in our family. My wife and I have absolutely no qualms with homosexuals and our son spends equal amounts of time with his gay and straight relatives. That doesn't change the way I personally feel about promiscuity among gays or whether or not I accept a gay man's views on penile health over an MD's. You're comparing apples and oranges.
I would be worried if my son were gay, given the lifestly that generally exists in that community. I would be equally concerned if he weren't inclined toward monogamy in his heterosexual lifestyle as well.
This is precisely why he won't come out to you. And you can't even see it.

Whether he has gay relatives is moot. Chances are he knows there's no problem with it, but all it takes is a father that expresses opinions, at least once, similar to what you've just said that stereotypes the "community" based on what you've seen on TV.

That's one reason I don't like telling people IRL. They automatically assume I'm a clubber (I hate clubbing), they start asking me fashion shit (I hate fashion), I don't get invited to the hockey game unless I ask after I find out, people even assume I like anal (when it disgusts me). And seeing that you've had the same attitude my dad has expressed before, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if your son never came out till after he moved away.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:04:23   #141
Caligastia
Beer Bather

Quote:
He's bi-sexual.
ah, a faggot
Old 13-08-2002, 19:05:01   #142
Herman

Quote:
Originally posted by Caligastia
ah, a faggot
Bend over and take it like your wife did.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:07:40   #143
Caligastia
Beer Bather

Quote:

Old 13-08-2002, 19:10:29   #144
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Well, I disagree, Asher. I am not a conservative. Far from it. I don't see how a kid growing up and seeing his father has gay friends and relatives he is close to and regularly socializes with is going to be sending any mixed messages. And, aside from internet forums, I generally do not discuss the topics that are so sensitive in our society, namely, politics, religion and sexuality. If anything, he will see me in defense of homosexuals, as his aunt and uncle have been ostracized by his mother's family, which my wife and I find unacceptable.
That's not to say that a particular gay person can't be a jerk, either. If you are trying to tell me that promiscuity in the gay lifestyle is an urban myth, you are sorely deluded. The fact that AIDS targets this group makes it a troublesome situation. But I'm also not saying that I am unaware of many gay couples that have long term relationships as well. I've seen both sides of the coin.
Believe it or not, I judge people by their attitudes, actions and words--and I don't generally hold grudges or deny people the ability to redress their wrongs.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:10:52   #145
Caligastia
Beer Bather

Asher while hes getting his arse pumped - "Dont assume Im enjoying this"

Old 13-08-2002, 19:12:47   #146
Chris

Quote:

Bet you wish it was, eh fruit boy?

Oh, I forgot, you only suck dicks.

Sorry.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:15:00   #147
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

Come on, guys...we're finally having a somewhat rational discussion here.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:15:07   #148
Herman

Quote:
If you are trying to tell me that promiscuity in the gay lifestyle is an urban myth, you are sorely deluded. The fact that AIDS targets this group makes it a troublesome situation.
The problem with this is people don't have any fucking idea what's going on. It's actually a minority of gay people that are so very promiscuous in the gay scene, and they do have a very high AIDS rate, and they're also the most publically visible. They're the people dancing down Main Street new screaming and shouting at the gay pride parades. The majority of gays are embarassed so much by that stereotype that they either stay closeted or only out to a few people.

I know far more gay people than you do, Sneak, and the promiscuity thing isn't an urban legend, it's just a very visible minority that the straight community sees.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:17:16   #149
Herman

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Bet you wish it was, eh fruit boy?

Oh, I forgot, you only suck dicks.

Sorry.
You've got a lot of sexual angst, don't you? You somehow randomly feel the need to repeat that, and it wasn't even a joke?

Are you upset that even the gay men won't look at you?

Quote:
Asher while hes getting his arse pumped - "Dont assume Im enjoying this"
I'll never do that. Hell, you'll probably do it more in your life than I will.
Old 13-08-2002, 19:18:15   #150
Chris

Yes, your so clever!

All that wisdom, how do you do it?