Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > General Discussions > CounterPoint

Old 21-12-2017, 18:40:03   #1
paiktis

well

I've been to arabia.
Some observations: they are very very poor.
Greece is a whorehouse (also known as unorganised place) but it is still a european whorehouse.

There are arabs that are good and honest and worthy people. Then there are others that will try to con you (like everywhere)

Unfortunately you do tend to stand out. You have to be careful, they are not open european like societies.

The people have been betrayed by their leaders.
Islam might be holding some things back.

I made good one or two friends.
Others tried to con me (they failed).

Yeah North Africa is not South Europe not by a long shot.

Hopefully these people will get a good representation and be lifted from their poverty.

Also south Europe represents a great hope for these people
paiktis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 18:51:28   #2
paiktis

The first thing that strikes you is the poverty. The buldings the people. No wonder they want to come to europe. There is nothing for them there.
All of them speak french. Which made for very easy communication. I got friends with some people that way.

The ways in which some of them can con are PhD and nobel price worthy.
But you can't con a greek baby we invented this shit

Another thing. The male factor. You walk down the streets and it's just males. Where are the females. Let the females out. Liberate them and the country will get automatically 2 times richer.

Hmmm what else.

Yeah they say europe is diverse but really africa is diverse.
Old 21-12-2017, 18:56:59   #3
paiktis

Also arabian girls are very beautiful (when you get to see them)

Jihadism is a problem for them as is for anyone. They don't like it, the average person.
They are also not particulalry keen on the arab spring thing. Generally I think maybe some equate democracy with corruption and authoritarism with stability. Including some very decent people.

Last edited by paiktis; 21-12-2017 at 18:59:17.
Old 21-12-2017, 20:24:02   #4
paiktis

The food was nothing special although some recipees did stand out. They do good things with the spices. Their refreshmenets are very refreshing. A mixture of lemon and menthol in the drink and you think you can erase your thirst even in the desert (where I didn't go).

The mediteranean sea is the big connecting centre of all. One time I felt a bit homesick and in a different world, but then I took a stroll on the shores and thought this is the same sea that caresses my home's beaches, and it was very relaxing. The sea, great
Old 23-12-2017, 19:18:20   #5
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Where you in Tunis, Algeria, or Morocco?
Old 12-01-2018, 16:52:15   #6
paiktis

The one that "arab spring" allegendly "worked"
Old 12-01-2018, 17:08:05   #7
paiktis

the next trip is on european soil so it will be relaxed.

also have to go to primarkt and get stuff

one thing that happened and it was something was that I was walking leuven (belgium) and going on some old places I lived and things like that, leaving a church (https://www.tripadvisor.com.gr/Attra..._Province.html) then on to a plaza, there were two people there, young people, just chatting

and the weather was just fine (for belgium's standards) and I just felt so relaxed....

just like my body was 100% relaxed a feeling unprecedented and like my cells were pouring down the cobblestone streets like god said: come and live here.

a zen feeling complete and pure. I never can remember feeling so relaxed.

very strange and welcomed

now I scan google map to see where that has happened and I can't find it. It's like this plaza has dissapeared.
Old 14-01-2018, 23:11:14   #8
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiktis View Post
The one that "arab spring" allegendly "worked"
Ahh, Tunsia... Where they are currently rioting again. "There are not enough jobs and the economy sucks so lets burn things down!" later "Well that didn't work and the few businesses which were here left because we burned them down... I know! Let's burn more stuff down! That will work!"

The logic of these people is amazing and it is coming to an unassimilated ghetto near you soon.
Old 14-01-2018, 23:15:45   #9
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Western Beligium is actually an up and coming new wine region. You wouldn't think the climate there would be great for wine but Climate change has really helped them out. It has much more favorable conditions for growing wine grapes than most of England yet England still manages to produce some award winning wines so I expect great things from Belgium's new wine industry in the future.
Old 15-01-2018, 16:52:03   #10
paiktis

talking about english (or belgian for that matter) wines is like talking about greek blood pudding. there is no such thing. at least compared to true wines which are greek french and italian.
belgium has amazing beers, literally the best in the world and they also have a strong industry I don't think they'll have a problem (unlike the UK)

tunisia is rioting yes but people have had it. you need to stop thinking of people like a solid one thing mass.

If i say americans are gun totting maniancs do I talk about republicans? liberals? democrats? anti - violence?

the average tunisian has a lot of problems, one of them being the fast devaluation of the currency. also things are very expensive (like some places in africa).

So you can't have the same price in meat with greece when greece gets payed 6 times more on average. etc

The tunisians have great beaches and they need to prop up their tourism industry. that's the solution. that means cracking down on jihadism as well as developing a tourist friendly mentality on the resorts and quiting the con schemes.

They have everything they need to succeed (but the society NEEDS to move on)
Old 15-01-2018, 16:59:57   #11
paiktis

the taxi driver I got (we talked in french) had a daughter in paris he warned me of all the dangers gave me great tips on what to do and not do when in the city and was 100% true to the deal we made. So I gave a tip that was like half his monthly salary. 'cause he earned it.

there are hard working people there that need to work together.
Old 15-01-2018, 17:04:44   #12
paiktis

he also refused to accept front payment.

"When I see honest, I recognize it" he said
Old 15-01-2018, 17:07:14   #13
paiktis

anyway

next trip new york

and tokyo

and those won't be work related.

new york with the SO and her sister and husband. I told them I want to go there to walk the streets, to talk to the people to eat street food. if you want posh things go away.

I think we have an understanding
Old 16-01-2018, 02:07:09   #14
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Quote:
talking about english (or belgian for that matter) wines is like talking about greek blood pudding. there is no such thing. at least compared to true wines which are greek french and italian
And Australian.

And Californian.

Also Spanish and Portugeuse.

Oh, and Germany.

Of course, there's also Chilean, Argentinian, Oregonian, Washingtonian, and Kansan.

I will crush you. With happy little apples.

I am a happy little sig. virus. Please put me in your happy little sig. so I can continue to happily replicate. A little.

The Mad Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 02:08:34   #15
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I saw a Greek wine on the market...

I am a happy little sig. virus. Please put me in your happy little sig. so I can continue to happily replicate. A little.

Old 16-01-2018, 02:19:26   #16
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

I hear NYC is currently having a street food problem. Lots of illegals work in the street food business because it is still mostly a cash business and you can be self employed. ICE has been doing a lot of raids to round up illegals and it turns out one source of information they have been using has been tickets handed out for selling street food without a license. That info is public info and includes the offenders name, address, and date of birth so ICE can run them through a data base, indentify illegals and know exactly where they live in order to find them. This can be automated by bots and the offenders even recently broke tge law thus legally justifying ICE to come get them.

It is great that illegal aliens are getting deported but it also means many street food venders are now either gone or in hiding.
Old 17-01-2018, 16:13:13   #17
paiktis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Monk View Post
Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I saw a Greek wine on the market...
You live in Kansas. You're lucky the internet exists so people don't just think it's a terminal disease or something.

Hardly representative, if at all (same goes for the whooooole of murica)
Old 17-01-2018, 16:14:12   #18
paiktis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I hear NYC is currently having a street food problem. Lots of illegals work in the street food business because it is still mostly a cash business and you can be self employed. ICE has been doing a lot of raids to round up illegals and it turns out one source of information they have been using has been tickets handed out for selling street food without a license. That info is public info and includes the offenders name, address, and date of birth so ICE can run them through a data base, indentify illegals and know exactly where they live in order to find them. This can be automated by bots and the offenders even recently broke tge law thus legally justifying ICE to come get them.

It is great that illegal aliens are getting deported but it also means many street food venders are now either gone or in hiding.

I thought all of you were illegals
Old 18-01-2018, 16:54:45   #19
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

I have to admit, it can sometimes seem like everyone is an illegal when you visit L.A..
Old 19-01-2018, 00:36:04   #20
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Los Angelenos all come from somewhere
To live in sunshine
Their funky exile

Old 19-01-2018, 00:43:58   #21
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Quote:
You live in Kansas. You're lucky the internet exists so people don't just think it's a terminal disease or something.

Hardly representative, if at all (same goes for the whooooole of murica)
Are you even aware of Concha y Toro?

Old 20-01-2018, 02:31:38   #22
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Monk View Post
Los Angelenos all come from somewhere
To live in sunshine
Their funky exile
You make it sound like Funko has moved to L.A..
Old 20-01-2018, 02:52:08   #23
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Billy Joel is coming to Kauffman Stadium.

Old 23-01-2018, 12:52:18   #24
paiktis

I thought muricans were facists but it turns out they are not.

I mean they will not make fun of jews A PRIORI like all right wingers of greece will.

they will not make fun of blakcs, minorities etc like right wing will.

So I have concluded that there are enough facists in one's own country so one doesn't have to go looking for others in other countries.

and that democracy is fun (and left wing)
Old 23-01-2018, 12:53:46   #25
paiktis

not that oerdin is not fascist because he is.

But he is a sweet redeamable fascist. one that, if you rub him hard enough, will turn into a fluffy cucumber

mad monk is german cherokee with all the complications that this entails
Old 24-01-2018, 17:36:08   #26
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Ahh, I love you too, man.

I am not a fascist though I do what my country to have sensible policies wrt immigration. You are seeing a great many generally liberal people recognizing the problem and finally demanding anwsers:

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...outputType=amp

A system more like Canada's or Australia's would be extremely desirable and in no way fascist.