Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > General Discussions > Games

Old 21-10-2014, 15:53:05   #1
Balthagor

Supreme Ruler Ultimate Official Release

Greetings! I come to you once again with a press release from our studio;

Quote:
Ancaster, Canada - BattleGoat Studios is thrilled to announce the release of their latest Real Time Geopolitical Strategy / Wargame, Supreme Ruler Ultimate.

Lead Designer and Co-Founder David Thompson commented, "This title represents fourteen years of what has been a labor of love. Supreme Ruler Ultimate is the culmination of all the design revisions and content we've created since forming the studio in 2000 and there should be something for everyone, whether they want to re-play WWII or take over the world from a near future Scotland or an independent Texas!”

Link to Official Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCH3LOD23E

Link to Steam Store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314980

BattleGoat's Lead Programmer and Co-Founder George Geczy added, " Supreme Ruler Ultimate brings together our vision for a truly epic strategy game that encompasses some of the most turbulent times of human history - World War II, the Cold War, and the challenges we face in the near future. We're proud to have made one of the most detailed and comprehensive series of strategy games ever created." Previous BattleGoat titles in the Supreme Ruler series are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020. Supreme Ruler Cold War, and Supreme Ruler 1936.

Thompson went on to answer questions about the future of the series. “Right now we are quite happy with what the Supreme Ruler series has achieved. Ultimate gets us to what we originally envisioned and we will continue to supply additional content for our players and support to our modding community. While we do not currently have plans for another Supreme Ruler stand-alone title, we will still update and enhance the game based on community feedback. Everyone at BattleGoat feels indebted to our players and we continue to appreciate the support they provide us!”

Supreme Ruler Ultimate is available now for PC and Mac through Steam and other vendors.

About Supreme Ruler Ultimate

The pinnacle of fourteen years of development on the Supreme Ruler series of Real Time Geo-Political Military Strategy Games for PC and Mac. Supreme Ruler Ultimate incorporates the stories, campaigns, scenarios, and features from our previous releases and expands on them in our improved game engine. Take control of any nation in the world from World War II through the Cold War and into the near future as our world lurches from one crisis to the next! Play historical or modern campaigns with specific objectives, attempt one of the many Set-Piece Scenarios for a shorter game, or customize your gaming experience by picking any nation in the various era sandboxes and choosing your own preferred Victory Condition. With so many options to choose from, Supreme Ruler Ultimate provides virtually unlimited replayability!

- Play Historical or Futuristic Campaigns and Maps.
- Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of an era.
- Start in 1936 and progress well into the 21st century for an Epic Game-play experience.
- Challenge yourself with Set-Piece Scenarios for a faster-paced game.
- The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
- Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
- Guide your Nation through an era of unprecedented Scientific Advancement
- Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
- Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
- Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
- Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet (PC Only)

About BattleGoat Studios

BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to developing leading edge "Intelligent Strategy Games". BattleGoat’s game design history dates back to the first text-based Supreme Ruler game in 1982, making Supreme Ruler one of the oldest computer gaming franchises still in development. The design team firmly believes that Strategy Gamers are looking for more sophisticated games that also remain fun to play. BattleGoat insists that their approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily researched environment assuring players an entertaining and immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020, Supreme Ruler Cold War, and Supreme Ruler 1936.
As always, I'll watch for replies and questions.
Balthagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 00:36:39   #2
JM^3
colossal bender

Just to be sure, because I have been interested but not bought your games in the past... I can start at 1936 and play to near future?

JM

(it is my birthday soon... )

(nice to see that OS X is already there...)
Old 22-10-2014, 01:21:22   #3
Balthagor

Correct, the tech tree spans technologies from ~ 1901 to 2075. There is fixed end date in Sandbox games.
Old 22-10-2014, 20:17:41   #4
MDA

Location: updated his email address and can look but not post
...but I just got 1936 a few months ago!

It's not for the faint of heart, maybe I shouldn't have started as Egypt for my first game.
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 20:45:08   #5
Balthagor

There is a discount currently in place for SR1936 users to reflect the content overlap but that discount ends next Friday IIRC. (Oct 31st).

All the new features and engine changes made for SR Ultimate are being pushed back to SR1936 users, just not the content.
Old 23-10-2014, 15:52:48   #6
jsorense
Kinked Rockist

Chris, if I still played games I would play this one.
Yeah, rock and roll still lives on. "
jsorense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 22:27:57   #7
MDA

Location: updated his email address and can look but not post
I wasn't complaining, SR1936 was up for a great price on Steam.

I like the idea of expanding/combining timelines into one big game.
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2014, 17:50:56   #8
jsorense
Kinked Rockist

Well, just do it and tell me how much fun it is.
Old 26-12-2014, 15:13:57   #9
JM^3
colossal bender

This is what I went with for Christmas. I probably won't be giving a review.

JM
Old 26-12-2014, 15:42:13   #10
JM^3
colossal bender

I want to start with Japan, China, Chile, South Africa... something like that.

Anyone have any experience with those nations?

JM
Old 26-12-2014, 18:49:43   #11
Finn Willi (5)
Pink & Yellow.

Nope, never been to any of those.
Old 30-12-2014, 03:02:05   #12
JM^3
colossal bender

Not sure if this or HoI3 is better. They are both monstrous. This one is apparently easy to play in a 1936-2070 game. HoI3 can theoretically be played 1000AD-1948AD (but not easily).

This is very unforgiving. I had just built an Intelligence Academy and decided to put down some spies... I have 50 spies with one Academy so I decided to put them all down.

Big mistake, ~1 billion cost. To give a sense of scale, normally I was buying/building things for ~2 million.

Earlier I had accidentally clicked on the build at pointer button and built a lot of extra coal plants. I was always low on power so I decided to let them be (they were building slowly because I was low on industrial goods and other resources anyways).

JM
Old 31-12-2014, 04:40:18   #13
jsorense
Kinked Rockist

So, what is happening?
Old 31-12-2014, 17:10:56   #14
JM^3
colossal bender

I restarted, as SA. They have a smaller army but a better economy.

This is still a war game although it gives more options than HoI3 (HoI3 real failing is that it doesn't work well before WW2 starts). There are full technology lines and goals you can have besides just war. War gets the focus though, there are tons and tons of units and developments there. Although I would say that the peace and development portion could use more development. It is very abstracted and unclear.

The UI isn't as good as HoI3. As an example, nuclear war is a front and center choice while moving units as groups is deep in and confused.

JM