Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > Site Issues > Archive > CounterPoint Archive

Old 24-05-2002, 07:59:22   #151
Roland
The Happy Little Yodel Freak

Ah, uber Schnurzenbacher furken den weging glacken, ja ?
Old 24-05-2002, 08:02:06   #152
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
That'll teach 'm.

Spoon, it's not a swear word.

1st CG Hardcore Belt Royal Rumble Winner
Old 25-05-2002, 06:58:30   #153
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Howdy Cowpokes! Today's lesson is "How to Respond to Criticism Without Really Making Any Salient Points" Or "The teacher's bored and this is a rather easy game for him to play."

Intro:

Someone has just written a lengthy post criticizing you. Most likely it is long and probaby difficult to read as your reading skills are subpar. Don't worry. With these simple tips, you'll be able to post responses and think smugly to yourself, "Ain't I smug?" So let's begin, shall we?

Point I: How to open

There are two general approaches to opening a thoughtless response to criticism. The first, and easiest, mind you, is to simply begin quoting from your adversary as quotes will make up the bulk of your response anyway. Why waste your few braincells writing profuse paragraphs when quoting can add tons of lines to your post. Not only do you get your opponent's words, which are probably smarter than yours so adding them to your post must make you look smart as well, to take up lines but you also get extra lines from the "quote:" indicator and the separation lines. You can also put several spaces between your words and the quotes to make your threads look longer. Remember, if you have no ideas, then you want a long post. Longer posts make you look smart.

The second approach is a little more difficult. For if you don't quote, you must make some general comment about your antagonist's approach. WARNING: This may actually require thought. But I'm here to help you get around this, so don't fret.

Firstly here you should make a general unsupported attack on your opponent. Call his post trash or poor. You may want to stick to simple words here, because, as I said before, you are dangerously treading thoughtful ground. Keep it short and simple. Let's look at an example:

Dashi your poor quality post more than any other proves my point about your arguments being both ill concieved and closed minded.

This is exactly how you should open, if you are following the second approach. In fact, I recommend copying this and putting it on your hard drive for further use. The only flaw is the use of the other poster's name. That means you'll have to remember to change it, when you use it again against someone else.

Notice the buzz words here: 'poor', 'ill concieved,' and 'closed minded.' Don't worry about the missing hyphens. Who can remember where those things go anyway? You may be thinking, "Doesn't he have to prove those comments?" If you're thinking that, this may not be the class for you. In fact, the truly 'special' portion of this opening is the 'proves my point about your arguments.' It's wonderful because he didn't even make a point yet. How can he prove a point that doesn't exist. But it sounds damning, doesn't it. And that's the key.

Point II: Help! Metaphors!

How many of you have taken high school English? I didn't think so. Well, at some point in your life, you've must have come across poetry. You know, that jumbled mess of words that don't even seem to form proper sentences, if they make any sense at all. They're usually talking about unicorns or this demon thing. That's fantasy! And you've got football games to watch. Well, those little poems tend to contain metaphors. Yup, those unicorns aren't really unicorns. And those demons come from your soul rather than the pulpit. No wonder you stick to straight forward reading. Words that mean something else?!! What are these guys on? You may even be wanting some right now.

Anyway, these poets are playing little tricks on you. And now, your adversary is doing the same. So what do you do? First, quote it. Don't worry if your supposed to keep the neighboring sentences or not. Just quote something, you don't understand any of it anyway. Now use your ignorance to your advantage. Treat the metaphor literally. I mean, don't worry about trying to figure out what it might mean. Instead answer it as it is.

Here's a good example:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DM, you want logic? You dropped nukes to stop an invasion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't a war friend, I just traded insults for insults. No need to about it.

Take special note of the spaces here (labeled and put in bold). 3 spaces between the quote and the response to it. That's like adding 3 points to your IQ!!! 80, here you come.

Now our poster's adversary threw a metaphor at him and a rather tricky one for our poster as well. Nukes? Invasion? This is an internet forum, and you're just a computer geek. What do you know about these things? Well, it might not be clear, but he's really not talking about war. He's making a metaphor about the actions on the forum comparing them to war. Don't try to think about it.

Now our poster responded perfectly here. Look how he added an extra sentence in the quote that isn't related to the metaphor and that our poster doesn't even address. Those keeping count of characters used will notice, and you'll be ahead of the game. See, this poster doesn't even worry about the metaphor. Just simply dismiss it, if it's to complex. This poster wasn't certain about the metaphor, but cautiously covered his ground, just in case he was zinged. With a simple reinteration of your original stance (no proof necessary, otherwise they might know you're wrong), he defends what could be a devastating blow.

And why should the intelligent posters get to play these games. Fight back with your own brand of nonsense. His "No need to about it" doesn't make any sense where it is. What "need to?" What "it?" These inane remarks should leave your opponent scratching his head, while you sit back thinking, "Moron, it doesn't even mean anything."

And I can't reiterate this enough, keep your responses to quotes short. Yes, long posts make you look smarter, but it was probably a long post that got you into this mess. The longer your response, the more likely that you'll continue to say stupid things and give your opponent more opportunities to counter attack you. Look at the field day he probably had with your original post. Remember, this isn't about right or wrong. This is about pride. You only need to look right. Keep using the tricks to make your post look longer, but keep your own responses short. That's the sure way to false victory.

Point III: I think he may have gotten me

I'm sure at many times why reading your antagonist's criticism, you feel beated, dejected, or just angry. You think he's gotten you. And you're probably right. But that shouldn't stop you from responding.

Remember, if you don't know anything, logic is your friend. Logic is so easy to twist around that you can prove any point from it. For example: Women wear make up. Women are attracted to men. Clowns wear make up. Therefore, all clowns are gay. Remember, when twisting logic like this, keep it simple. There are so many other factors out there that'll just prove you wrong, such as your mom running off with a clown. Ignore them and make generalized conclusions. As long as it sounds correct.

Oh boy! An example:

quote:
You call that justice. Two wrongs makes a right? Or an atrocity is justified by a wrong? Justice is blind.

So we shouldn't punish crimanals since locking a man up in a prison is wrong. Even if he stole something or assaulted a person.....cause two wrongs don't make a right. His stealing does not justify taking away his freedom. You're full of crap.

Notice the spaces again and how short this response is. This guy knows what he's doing. Now here his adversary is questioning the posters meaning of justice. What does justice mean? Don't worry, it doesn't matter here as you can see from the response. Our poster simply defends himself by taking a simple, unspecific situation and using it to make a point. What's the point? Why that two wrongs do make a right, of course. How does he twist his logic here? Where's the catch? Do you see it? Ok, I'll tell you. He makes the general, unsupported assumption that locking someone in prison is wrong. That it is a bad thing. From here he draws a 'logical' conclusion. He doesn't mention that justice is about fairness and equality and protection of the innocent. That justice requires impartiality and intellect. And see how he ignores that atrocity remark. That must have been devasting to his argument being criticized so he made the right move by not responding to it.

If you're uncertain that you've effectively twisted logic to make your point look right, then just say his point is wrong period. This poster didn't feel confident about his response so he added, "You're full of crap." This is great work. So read it, remember it, use it.

Another example:

quote:

So now what? Devilmunchkin doesn't like you anymore ( ).

You presume very wrongly.

This is a good example of short and sweet. No real defense, just dismiss his argument. You're too good for this anyway. Heh. Heh. I wonder what was in those paranthesis.

Last edited by DaShi; 26-05-2002 at 05:25:44.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:00:04   #154
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Point IV: Heh. Heh. I've caught a mistake.

Oh baby! Your opponent made a mistake. Well, if he's at your level, then just lay on some insults. "Stupid" "Loser" "Idiot" are all excellent choices. Remember keep it short.

However, if you're opponent is smarter than you, the only mistakes you can probably find are careless ones. Well, go after them. You may ignore quality paragraphs of your adversaries' posts, but don't let a spelling or grammatical mistake slip by. Sure, they don't really prove anything, but pointing them out must make you look good, especially when you have no ground to stand on.

I think we have an example here. Hmmm. Let's see. Yep, here it is:

quote:
This forum, which wasn't involved until devilmunchkin.

Until she what?

Uh oh, our poster must have some very tenuous arguments to bring this up. Yup, looking at the original he skipped over a lot of other points against him to post this. Don't worry, most people don't look back at other posts. They just see this mistake and think that it represents the bulk of the post. Though this is pretty obviously a careless error by his adversary, but that didn't stop our poster. He is probably wise to do this. Again, this isn't meant to prove anything. Just score some points.

Point V: What if I'm forced to cite examples?

So your enemy is directly contradicting your argument. Need not worry, you must have had some basis to make that argument, right? Well, just reiterate. Try to use your opponent in your response as well, even if he isn't related to your original argument. Points!

See here:

quote:
This forum, whose core members (and majority of those who posted anything in the related threads) were kind, open, nonjudgemental, and tried to make this a place on sensible conversation (compared to the bullshit you pulled elsewhere).

Yeah nonjudmental and open like Orange who said I should be shot, Ming who called me an asshole and didn't want to talk about it and you who say I'm "just an ass".

What have we got here? One guys saying the members are good, the others saying the members are bad. How did our poster respond? Again short and sweet. He was able to answer this one with two examples in one sentence and follow up with a reference to his enemy. Is Orange a core member? Do three people make up the majority here? Are the facts cited here related at all to the original argument? The answer is probably no, as we're becoming quite familiar with this poster's MO. Hopefully, you'll be able to copy this style and make such posts yourself. Just remember short and go for points.

Point VI: Ooo! I think I know something. Can I use it?

At some time in your life, you must have learned something. No matter, if you didn't, I'm still here to help you argue without knowing anything. However, for those of you who do know something. You're probably itching to use it. Becareful, you may not fully understand what you know, and even worse, you may not realize that you don't fully understand it. Use knowledge with caution. If you really want to use it. KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE. Just name it. Don't go into detail.

Exhibit G:

quote:
And yet you blame this forum in the name of justice. Prosecution requires proof. So unless you can prove that over 133 posters (and they had all better be forum regulars) did what you accused them of, you don't have a case.

Can someone say: Straw Man!

I was obviously refering to my critics.

Clearly, our poster made an overgeneralization and his opponent is calling him on it. What's he to do? Wait he remembers reading or hearing about something once. Yep, straw man, let's use it. Does it make sense? While an intelligent poster probably has an idea what it means, let's look at a definition anyway: The author attacks an argument which is different from, and usually weaker than, the opposition's best argument. Lot's of buzz words here. But does it fit? The critic's argument is that our poster hasn't provided enough evidence for his claims.
Our poster's argument must have been a generally inclusive accusation. So I guess they are different arguments. He's not saying that our poster is wrong, just that he needs evidence. So our poster's argument must be that evidence isn't needed . Also, the adversary is using the legal context of "burden of proof," which probably strengthens his side a bit more. Confusing huh? Apparently, it was for our poster as well, which is why he didn't go into further detail. See how that type of behavior could kill you.

Our poster must be aware of his opponent's intelligence. So he must have guessed that the poster would see the ignorant usage of his straw man claim. So he follows up by changing his original argument. He just makes it more specific. As I said before, our poster must have been very general in his original arguments. Perhaps now you can see the trick his adversary used. No? Here it is, the poster wanted to point out that our poster overgeneralized poorly, but didn't want to say it plainly. The lessons taught here would have defended against that. So he approached it from a different angle, confusing our poor poster and forcing him into a desparate situation of using his little knowledge and a concession. In hindsight, our poster probably should have avoided this one altogether.

Point VII: Use the Straw Man

Tee hee. I'm glad I explained that for you above. This is quite simple for you to do really. Just ignore your opponent's argument and focus on something else. That way, you can avoid the attack and still be right. Win win baby!

You'll probably need an example:

quote:
You didn't get Tia off devilmunchkin's back (threats from moderator's did), you incited them even further and made it more difficult to simply walk away.

Really? Like when Ming threatened her and she called me "shit" and didn't get banned? Or when Ming said "Next one who starts anything goes" and they thread jacked DM's birthday thread and got away scot free? Those kinda threats?

So what was the point made against our poster? That he didn't do something. And that he made it worse, it seems. Ouch! That may require some thinking to defend against. Best to leave it alone and look for something you can argue for. Yup, he left an opening for our poster. Those paranthesis are nice, additional information ideal for straw men like yourself. Now let's take away those words in the paranthesis. You didn't get Tia off devilmunchkin's back, you incited them even further and made it more difficult to simply walk away. Ah, now we can see the main point of this clearly. Our poster's discussion of Ming or threats, now doesn't make any sense rather that just little. Although, he could probably use his response anyway using the nonsense metaphor approach (in case you didn't notice, it's one of my favorites). Take some time to study this one. Following this example, you'll be able to find straw men in stacks of needles (lengthy posts, I mean, sorry for the metaphor).

Last edited by DaShi; 26-05-2002 at 05:36:39.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:01:16   #155
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Point VIII: Attacks using Character

I mean character in the legal sense here. Not insults, though can seem that way. What has your adversary done to you? Well, he's demonstrated that your behavior is part of the conflict. Something about your personality affects the outcome of events, and thus affects your arguments. These are usually hard to see. You're perfect afterall, you don't let human attitudes play a role in your conflicts. The most common use of this is credibility. If your opponent shows that your are not credible, then he can demonstrate how that affects your interactions with others as well as weaken all your arguments. A good general approach. How to defend? The best way is to make a bad trait sound good. Greed=frugle. Liar=good with secrets.

What's that? You want an example?:

quote:
You didn't exposed any betrayal, you credibility was gone with your behavior.

Well then it's a good thing my exposure of Tia was based on her confession and not my testimony now isn't it? The whole "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" Machavelian BS.

Here the poster claims that our poster's poor behavior caused a loss of trust, and thus, our poster didn't accomplish anything. Nullifying his argument that he did. Got that? Don't worry, neither did our poster, yet again. Isn't he a great example for you. He doesn't try to defend his character, too hard as it requires thinking especially when you really do have poor character. Instead, he sort of agrees with his opponent. They can't both be wrong. Good approach, but puts you on equal ground. He wants to score. The question mark is a good touch. It makes it look like he's making a better point when he's really just giving the his opponent what he wants. In fact, without the question mark, this would be a loss. Remember, if you're forced to agree with your enemy, make it look like it was your idea all along, otherwise put a question mark. And since his response does have a little concession in it, he follow up with some good ol' unrelated nonsense. Good boy!

Point IX: He said, She said

Good arguments for you. But how to get them. Often your critics won't just flat out say that you are wrong, but will provide some sort of back up for that. Well, this ain't the frickin' NewYorkTimes, so your response can ignore all that supporting evidence. It's really easy to do. Just look for a sentence where your opponent makes a basic claim that you are wrong. There may be evidence around that sentence, but ignore it. Just quote the accusitory sentence and follow with a nice, "no, you're wrong." How can you lose?

Check it out:

quote:
If anyone added more to this, it was YOU.

No it was your people's over-reacting and double standards. The whole "ignore everything online dm....while we get really pissed about what LR said" standard comes to mind.

Look at that beauty. What was 'this?' Who knows? Who cares? It's just ripe to be taken away from it's framework. And the smooth, follow-through response. "No, you're wrong." Great. The only flaw was that he tried to add a little example. Remember: Short and sweet. Not here, he uses an argument as an example. Rather than citing evidence, he makes a claim. And from what we've seen of his other points, this doesn't seem related to his main argument as well. In fact, it supports his opponent a bit. We can see from the quote that his adversary is focusing on our poster's behavior being the problem. Here our poster makes a statement that confirms that his behavior negatively affected the outcomes. This is a very good example of what to do (he said, she said + short and sweet), and what not to do (add any additional comments related to the quote---use nonsense instead, if you do anything).

Point X: Scoring Quick and Easy Points

Isn't that the whoe point of this exercise. Yup, pick something. Really anything from your antagonist's post will do. Then follow it with an insult or sarcasm. Sarcasm is always your friend. Use it profusely.

How many more examples do we have?:

quote:
When everything seemed to calm down a bit. You kept showing up to play the macho man and make it worse.

How creative.....

Wonderful! Simply wonderful! This is the kind of stuff that made me glad I entered this career. Look at the quote. The poster is basically reinterating one of his main arguments. Most literary-type people would call that emphasis. But not our poster. He fits in a beautiful cheap shot. Using sarcasm, nonetheless. Wow!

Point XI: What if he says something I agree with?

These can be tricky. You may be best to avoid them. As stated above, they will probably put you on equal ground, but tend to look like concessions, which cost you points. So, make it look like it was your idea to begin with or use sarcasm. A good "duh" is about all you'll need.

It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an example:

quote:
Devilmunchkin, who is far too good for you

I'm glad we both agree.

Short and sweet, how I love thee. Damn Kentucky marriage laws!! This is nice. A sort-of-concession, but he really doesn't lose anything here. It may even win points with the girlfriend. Especially, if she is of like mind as our poster. Nice and safe. Plus, it adds to the length of the post, which is always important.

In case you missed the last one:

quote:
so add spending the next couple of years kneeling at her feet to this

I do it anyways.

Again, these are both great. Search through your opponent's post for them. Remember, the longer your post, the smarter you look.

Point XII: Attacks on your values

These can't be ignored. Or they can, if you can't come up with a quick defense. Basically, your adversary is saying that you don't understand something that is dear to you: such as football, communism, English. Of course, you're the expert in these fields. At least, you think you are. But that doesn't matter. You are the expert, so you don't have to defend yourself at all. Just take a deep breath and let out a nice hrrmfph and say that your opponent is simply just wrong and you are right. The more arrogant you say it the better. Afterall, you're the expert.

Did I mention that I love these types of examples:

quote:
You don't know shit about logic so abandon it

After you posted:

Lovely sarcasm. Remember sarcasm is great for making you look smart. You can thank television for that.

Point XIII: Look for cheap shots

Cheap shots are the backbone of your response to your critics post. Remember, he probably spent a lot of time planning out his response. Though some just write casually and quickly out of disrespect. Eitherway, there is some form of effort put into it. And effort is what you're trying to avoid. Knock down that house of cards (sorry, carefully built argument metaphor), with some cheap shots

Cheap example, only a buck forty:

quote:
I don't know what you know about logic

Such inconsistencyshows that you possess a great understanding of it.

Our poster has better ones in the previous examples, but I think this one makes a special point. Most good cheap shots should have a grain of truth, but it is not necessary. As our poster shows, just say they're wrong. This is a nice cheap shot formed out of no basis. Remember, you're not bound by rational thought. Let them suffer with it. Also, note the arrogance as this is also an attack on our poster's values.

Last edited by DaShi; 26-05-2002 at 05:48:21.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:01:46   #156
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Point XIV: So you want to try to disprove something

Your enemy has made a statement, that you feel pretty confident that you can directly disprove. Warning, dangerous ground. This may require thought. If you're going to do it, keep it simple. Cite what needs to be cited, but don't add to it. And remember, to add a "no, your wrong" for further emphasis.

No, you're wrong, I do have an example:

quote:
and all the crappy books that have warped your mind.

Gee logic and philosophy text books, books by Michael Shermer,Ray Bradburry,Richard Dawkins,Isaac Asimov, Stephen J, Gould and Paul Kurtz....real crappy books.

Well, our poster feels that he can defend himself from an insult. Let's see how he does. Opens with sarcasm. Great. Cites some books he has read, nothing impressive. Note: if you are citing sources for your knowledge or abilities, don't cite high school level books (and definitely don't cite SciFi, I can't tell you how many times I've seen that end in painful laughter for my poor students). Then he ends with more sarcasm. Ah, sarcasm, the common man's logic. He'd probably have done better with just the sarcasm. The books don't really impress and add nothing to his status. Don't worry, most of you won't need to cite books, you're attitude is your status symbol. But remember, this isn't a scientific journal, what you say doesn't have to be true. You can cite books you've never read. It's not like you have to explain them. Our poster didn't. They make nice status symbols on the internet and are hard to verify. Just pick some good ones.

Point XV: When in Doubt: Insult

If your opponent hits a nerve, just strike back. You might not be as insightful as him, but the dictionary is full of big bad words for you to use. Keep it short and sweet and you don't need to worry that you may be using them incorrectly.

Examples R Us:

quote:
And if you really care for devilmunchkin, act like a real man. Take some responsibility for your actions. Apologize. Show her that you care for her as a person, not as some conquest in your sick "logic" game. In short, drop the arrogant charade, and be a friend, boyfriend, or just a human being.

You are very presumptuous and very arrogant. Crystal knows I care about her otherwise she wouldn't be staying in Cali with me dumbass.

Oooo. I like this one. Uses arrogant to defend agaisnt arrogant. Why waste your time looking for words, when your adversary just provides a post full of them for you. The next sentence might be too much, but it doesn't really relate to the quote which is good. However, the quote does imply that he doesn't show enough affection toward his girlfriend. Yet he doesn't respond to that. Instead he tries to prove that she likes him. So that narcissism could hurt him with points from the girlfriend. Plus, you should never look that defensive, it shows weakness. But the dumbass ending was a good touch.

Point XVI: Follow up---Nigh End

Now you don't want to look like you've just been responding to quotes with out adding any of your own ideas. Though I've seen it done a lot. A good follow up that covers a lot of what you already said in the response is fine. Good emphasis, which is less important to you. Good length, which is more important to you. This is your chance to throw in a few paragraphs that make it look like you've actually put some work into this. Plus, since you're just repeating what you've said earlier, you need not think at all.

Exampleman, Exampleman, can do anything an Example can:

Maybe this issue as well as logic is nothing more then a game to you, but to me it's a matter that requires serious thought. Something you seem incapable of as evident by your post.

Regardless, you didn't refute a single one of my points or even stay on tangent. (Saying "NO, you made it worse" over and over is hardly convincing evidence).

The first sentence here is weak. In fact, it shows weakness. It shows that he was actually hurt and affected by the comments his rival made against his logic theories. This is not a sissy sport. I don't want to see any of you doing this. The better approach would be to maintain the simple arrogance such as: "Me gud at logic. U r a gay twat." Insults are good so the next sentence is fine. Maybe he should have started with an insult. You know, start with a bang, not a whimper. The last part is nice. Just a simple "no, you're wrong." And insults. Maybe he should have added a few big word insults, but I think that it works the way it is. Again, he makes no actual argument, but it looks good and that's what matters.

Point XVII: Additional Comments if necessary

You may find that this approach tends to make you unpopular with other posters. Well, this isn't really a popularity contest. As long as you think you look good, then you've done your job. And I mine. My slogan: "If you don't think you look good, we don't think you think that you don't think that you don't look good." You can thank Ming's Marketing Enterprises for that one. Anyway, you may still want to address all your other critics out there. Since you're probably wrong anyway, you're bound to have a lot. Again, something short and smug. Establish your superiority. Much like the harmless butterfly has creepy eyes on its wings to dissuade predators (this is a simile, not a metaphor, in case you were curious), you must display your over-bearing arrogance and knack for making long, pointless posts, like I've just taught you, to detract any other critics from entering the fray, while you flutter along hopelessly into a the windshield of a Ford Pinto.

The last of the examples:

As for the rest of my fan club:

quote:
I expect all responses to this to be short as I know none of you can refute me point for point in a rational or moral manner. That is why I don't respect a single one of you. Or take a single thing you say seriously even if Crystal does.

Ta ta.

Just perfect. Offend everyone right off, whether they're really involved or not. Hey, you don't have any friends in real life and got by just fine, why deal with such assholes online. Maybe a little provocative. Though this poster needs to work at sounding as intelligent as he thinks he is. More intelligent posters may mark him for easy pray and just play games with his personality disorders. Which is why you should not show your weaknesses.

Well, I hope that this lesson has been helpful to you. I'd like to see more responses to criticism without any real thought or effort. The internet would become boring, if everyone made salient points and there weren't losers to pick on.

Anyway, if you want more examples just head over to www.that incredibly nerdy civ site.com. Counterglow isn't the best place to practice, as most people here can see through you and will probably just aggravate you in passing as they devote themselves to more pressing concerns: Beer!

Cheerybye!

Last edited by DaShi; 26-05-2002 at 05:58:20.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:05:57   #157
notyoueither
a loyal subject

Old 25-05-2002, 07:09:24   #158
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Sorry, sometimes I just feel like writing. You can dig up my essay on lucky days. That was also created under an urge just to write.

There's quite a bit in this thing, if you bother too read it. Very little is cut 'n paste.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:11:33   #159
notyoueither
a loyal subject

Write good. Encourage DiM bad.

Although that lot might just choke him on volume.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:12:46   #160
notyoueither
a loyal subject

I read the beer bit.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:15:14   #161
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
I read the beer bit.
Definitely the best part.
Old 25-05-2002, 07:30:21   #162
Spartak
_

Half way through that lot my brain tried to escape through my ear.... maybe you could have just summarised your point with "Long posts bad, Beer good". Thats more my level.....

"Ignore" works really well for DM - It takes half the time as it did before to scroll through his threads .....
Old 25-05-2002, 07:38:30   #163
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Ah, this wasn't really about him. He just happened to be the target. Don't worry about finishing, I think it lost something near the end as I got more tired. It is 3:30am here and I'm starting type like my Chinese students. I think Yale might be making me more ambitious. Yesterday morning, I sent a lengthy proposal to a friend in China whose an English major (linguistics) on a theory I recently conjured on linguistics, despite that the only experience I have in it is taking a few foriegn languages. No real studies on it's theories. So I should be getting a nice, polite "your theory is bullshit" response. Actually, if it is any good, I'll probably let her steal it.

Though this post does have me worried for my sanity. Bah, no more unstable than usual.
Old 25-05-2002, 08:48:35   #164
Resource Consumer
Guardian of All Things Holy

Thank you for a good laugh. Now why don't you put your glasses on and fuck off to that incredibly nerdy civ site and post your Jerry Springer crap there where I think it was intended.

I do not know you or who half of these people are. Having actually taken the trouble to read your post I conclude that I do not know, do not wish to know and, really, do not care.

As Noisy eloquently put it, fuck off.
Old 25-05-2002, 08:55:57   #165
Herman

I condemn this thread to the depths of that incredibly nerdy civ site
Old 25-05-2002, 09:17:22   #166
Spartak
_

I have DM on "ignore" - Makes it a lot easier to stomach this thread.
Old 25-05-2002, 09:17:56   #167
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Quote:
Originally posted by Resource Consumer
Thank you for a good laugh. Now why don't you put your glasses on and fuck off to that incredibly nerdy civ site and post your Jerry Springer crap there where I think it was intended.

I do not know you or who half of these people are. Having actually taken the trouble to read your post I conclude that I do not know, do not wish to know and, really, do not care.

As Noisy eloquently put it, fuck off.
Wow...DaShi did bump the thread, but I don't think he deserved that.

I will crush you. With happy little apples.

I am a happy little sig. virus. Please put me in your happy little sig. so I can continue to happily replicate. A little.

Old 25-05-2002, 09:22:22   #168
Spartak
_

Own Goal! (In case) - I suspect RC was responding to DM...
Old 25-05-2002, 09:28:26   #169
Resource Consumer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Wow...DaShi did bump the thread, but I don't think he deserved that.
LOL. Yes, I should have stuck in the quotes I suppose. That was aimed at DiabolicalMeathead not DaShi.
Old 25-05-2002, 09:49:41   #170
Sean
Rhubarb

DaShi, I read all of those posts. Bastard .
Old 25-05-2002, 10:06:50   #171
The Mad Monk
The REAL Nick Fury!

Sooo...can you 100-0 someone who replied in earnest after someone else has already Own goaled you?

I will crush you. With happy little apples.

I am a happy little sig. virus. Please put me in your happy little sig. so I can continue to happily replicate. A little.

Old 25-05-2002, 12:27:22   #172
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
DaShi, I read all of those posts.
I don't read posts longer than about a paragraph.

Look, I don't care any more okay?

Old 25-05-2002, 15:26:51   #173
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Location: Drowning in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
Can someone just quote me the beer bit? I can't be bothered to find it.
Old 25-05-2002, 15:51:51   #174
Fry
Out of work

DaShi is a twat for writing all that.
Old 25-05-2002, 16:00:20   #175
The Shaker
Bag of Cabbages

couldn't find it.
pah too painful to read
Old 25-05-2002, 16:11:27   #176
Chris
really doesn't pay attention

Looks like DaShi was bitten by a radio-active mutant Dark Star.

BTW, senior dickhead managed to get himself banned from poly and FFZ, which is why he is here.
Old 25-05-2002, 16:17:16   #177
The Shaker
Bag of Cabbages

Senior dickhead?
Which one, the list is endless here
Old 25-05-2002, 16:21:41   #178
Chris

Ah, too true.

That would be the DM pisshead.
Old 25-05-2002, 16:26:02   #179
The Shaker
Bag of Cabbages

With my lack of bothering to read anythngi properly do you know how long it was before i realised that DM wasn't DM but was DM
Old 25-05-2002, 16:42:17   #180
Spartak
_

Which one is DM and who is DM?
Old 25-05-2002, 18:27:05   #181
Chris

Easy.

DM is DM, except when we are referring to DM, in which case DM isn't DM, but is in reality DM.

Isn't that simple?
Old 25-05-2002, 18:46:03   #182
Spartak
_

No!
Old 25-05-2002, 19:08:48   #183
The Bursar
___/\______\o/___

Those were the best long posts I've read here. I had to take alchohol breaks every few lines though.
Old 25-05-2002, 19:11:56   #184
The Bursar
___/\______\o/___

dm = dm
DM = DM
Old 25-05-2002, 19:24:55   #185
KrazyHorse
Habs Fan

Old 25-05-2002, 21:37:15   #186
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris

First Laz, now DaShi - who will be next

Old 25-05-2002, 21:51:23   #187
The Shaker
Bag of Cabbages

YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25-05-2002, 22:13:48   #188
Resource Consumer

Quote:

BTW, senior dickhead managed to get himself banned from poly and FFZ, which is why he is here.
Ah. Thanks Chris. That explains the magnetism towards us here. The unwanted is attratcted to the place where it is unneccessary perhaps?

Interestingly, even the HARDMAN did not bother to reply to the retard so HARDMAN must be a bit smarter than we thought.
Old 26-05-2002, 05:59:40   #189
DaShi
Hooray for Earth!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
DaShi, I read all of those posts. Bastard .

Get this man to a hospital. I just did a quick edit and nearly passed out from seizures. Who knows what longterm damage it may cause.
Old 26-05-2002, 12:06:22   #190
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Its like moths to the flatulence.

Old 26-05-2002, 20:02:05   #191
Chris

"Ah. Thanks Chris. That explains the magnetism towards us here. The unwanted is attratcted to the place where it is unneccessary perhaps?

Interestingly, even the HARDMAN did not bother to reply to the retard so HARDMAN must be a bit smarter than we thought."

He brought his act to FFZ when ejected from Poly, when he managed to get banned from there (almost an impossibility, but he did it) he brought it here, not realizing that nobody gives a rat's ass here except about what the regulars are up to.

Even HARDMAN is to classy for this fool.
Old 26-05-2002, 20:34:10   #192
Vincent Fandango
La tristesse durera toujours

So am I.
Old 26-05-2002, 20:37:11   #193
Spartak
_

Old 26-05-2002, 20:38:59   #194
Vincent Fandango

You don't believe me? I'm a man!
Old 26-05-2002, 20:42:11   #195
Spartak
_

Are you Fucking a man though?
Old 26-05-2002, 20:43:00   #196
Vincent Fandango

God knows I'm fucking a man. And what's wrong with that? Nothing!
Old 26-05-2002, 20:47:50   #197
Chris

You want it to much.
Old 26-05-2002, 20:47:55   #198
Spartak
_

No, Nothing.....
Old 26-05-2002, 22:27:44   #199
Resource Consumer

Quote:
"Ah. Thanks Chris. That explains the magnetism towards us here. The unwanted is attratcted to the place where it is unneccessary perhaps?

Interestingly, even the HARDMAN did not bother to reply to the retard so HARDMAN must be a bit smarter than we thought."

He brought his act to FFZ when ejected from Poly, when he managed to get banned from there (almost an impossibility, but he did it) he brought it here, not realizing that nobody gives a rat's ass here except about what the regulars are up to.

Even HARDMAN is to classy for this fool.
Fine. As nobody seems to know who half these losers are maybe some kind soul will point him to the way out so he and his friends can get reacquainted.
Old 26-05-2002, 23:36:51   #200
Noisy
Post Quality Analyst

Regulars, smegulars.

Yesssssss!

(I stopped the All Bran, but I'm drinking a lot of cranberry juice.)
Currently reading: 'Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid' by Douglas R. Hofstadter.
Synopsis: Towards a definition of consciousness from mathematics and logic.