MOBIUS
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Inception

Blood 'ell! That was double plus good!

9/10
Old 30-07-2010, 15:18:19   #2
protein
a dirty rotter.

walked out halfway through. too cgi-matrix-pretentious-twaddle for my liking. if i want to see clever graphics i'll watch a car advert. if i want to see sepia tones and earnest dialogue i'll go watch a sixth form poetry contest wearing sunglasses.
Old 30-07-2010, 16:00:30   #3
Funko
Pubs Minister

I wouldn't watch a car commercial whatever the graphics were like.

Anyway, you've made it sound good.
Funko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 18:45:59   #4
Venom
Look out behind you!

Really enjoyed this. Hell even the ol' ball and chain liked it. Though it needed lots of splaining.

Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 19:12:23   #5
mr_B
me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Really enjoyed this. Hell even the ol' ball and chain liked it. Though it needed lots of splaining.
Old 04-08-2010, 19:13:37   #6
Walrus Feeder
Turnip plantations are vital

Just seen it. Never really like the look of the trailer and my judgement didn't change. Overlong, overscoped, contrived meaningless load of twaddle. Agree with proteins's sentiments entirely. Nearly felt like walking out after 30 mins but i've never done that before and always give a film a chance. I didn't even think it was entertaining or edge of your seat stuff. No i didn't think i totally understood it so i might check out some reviews and blogs about it and write again in a day or two but i'll never say i liked the film. Whilst leaving the cinema a studenty couple summed it up perfectly for me 'We'd have even been better off seeing Twilight.'
Walrus Feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:07:21   #7
MOBIUS
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Yeah, hindsight is a funny thing. There's a lot in it where you have to suspend disbelief, such as the whole 'chase scene' etc. In fact once you start thinking about the way the heroes interact with the 'defences', you start thinking it was incredibly far fetched and utterly implausible. But then, I suppose you could possibly explain those issues within the realms of the film itself.

It did drag mightily towards the end and I think I was just carried through by some of the incredible scenes and the concept as a whole to give it such a high score without really thinking about it. Now it would be more like a 7/10. I would still want to see it again as I have a feeling that, equipped with knowing how it ends and what it's about, that there is a lot that I may have missed the first time around...
Old 08-08-2010, 13:22:26   #8
JM^3
colossal bender

I thought it would be overrated.

It turned out to be fast paced, enjoyable, and an OK presentation of the central conceit. I wouldn't mind seeing it again some point in the future (probably not in the theater).

[size='1]A lot of people have thought it was all in the dream world, which explains why the image of the children was always the same (even at the end, except when he saw the faces), and some of the other stuff.[/size]

JM
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50:41   #9
Debaser
Badass Monkey

Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote