He hasn't banned you already?
Old 01-05-2009, 15:05:16   #3
Lurker
CG Economist & Canadian of the Year

Huh?
Old 01-05-2009, 15:44:20   #4
MOBIUS
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Jingle Mordor is now one of poly's OT mods...
Old 01-05-2009, 15:46:54   #5
Lurker
CG Economist & Canadian of the Year

Really? Well, we all knew he was nuts.

J/k Jon. Actually he might be pretty good. He's pretty laid back, which imo is a big plus.
Old 01-05-2009, 16:42:00   #6
Provost Harrison
Registered (alcohol ab)User

Hang on, Cybershy is an administrator, Ming and Rah have gone, Jon Miller is an admin. WTF is going on?
Provost Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 16:50:02   #7
JM^3
colossal bender

I'm actually not an admin, and I agreed only to assist temporary.

Also, another CGer was also asked to mod the OT...

JM
Old 01-05-2009, 17:08:00   #8
Provost Harrison

MOBIUS?
Old 01-05-2009, 17:14:21   #9
KrazyHorse
Habs Fan

KrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 17:34:11   #10
Asher
Token Black Guy & Yank of the Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Hang on, Cybershy is an administrator, Ming and Rah have gone, Jon Miller is an admin. WTF is going on?
not only that, but two of the MeltdownMods (Locutus and Dale) have joined with Solver to leave and form their own Civ site. They even spammed about it in the Poly community form.

They have truly outdone Poly when it comes to asstacular design: http://www.weplayciv.com/

All indications are it'll be a heavy-handed moderated community. They call it a "peaceful OT". The three of them were part of the internal admin factions that wanted to permaban me to make peace on the site and take a heavy-handed approach to "OT trolls". They lost the battle, left with their ball...
Old 01-05-2009, 17:36:48   #11
Asher

Quote:
Originally posted by JM^3
I'm actually not an admin, and I agreed only to assist temporary.

Also, another CGer was also asked to mod the OT...

JM
I assume they declined?

They didn't ask me.
Old 01-05-2009, 17:42:18   #12
Japher
King of the Who

Probably Provost...
Old 01-05-2009, 17:43:30   #13
Asher

I'm going to guess it was Laz. :b:
Old 01-05-2009, 17:44:35   #14
Japher
King of the Who

Laz is barely there enough to mod the place. They need to find the biggest losers they can.

Hence, Jon and PH.
Old 01-05-2009, 18:35:55   #15
Japher
King of the Who

Hey Jon. Ban Ming!
Old 01-05-2009, 18:41:19   #16
Asher

Ming's been banned before. While he still had powers.
Old 01-05-2009, 18:43:08   #17
Venom
Look out behind you!

Funko

Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 18:53:39   #18
self biased
Logic Box Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Ming's been banned before. While he still had powers.
that was for the 'guess who's ming' incident, right?

failing that, it could always be VENOM.
Old 01-05-2009, 19:26:37   #19
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Quote:
I'm going to guess it was Laz. :b:

Nope. Wasn't asked, and wouldn't have had time to do it anyway.

Even though Winston's subsequent tantrum would have been a whole new league of hilarity.
Lazarus and the Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 22:00:03   #20
Provost Harrison

Quote:
not only that, but two of the MeltdownMods (Locutus and Dale) have joined with Solver to leave and form their own Civ site. They even spammed about it in the Poly community form.

They have truly outdone Poly when it comes to asstacular design: http://www.weplayciv.com/

All indications are it'll be a heavy-handed moderated community. They call it a "peaceful OT". The three of them were part of the internal admin factions that wanted to permaban me to make peace on the site and take a heavy-handed approach to "OT trolls". They lost the battle, left with their ball...
Yeah, it seems like they're putting on a happy, united face with it all, but it looks like some serious shit has hit the fan somewhere along the line.

But banning the OT trolls? I think they liven up the place, otherwise the place would be rather dour nowadays (someone must have been handing out humour bypasses to many of the posters on there).

But anyway, no, it wasn't me who was offered (unless I have received an "offer I cannot refuse" in the past few hours ), I honestly don't post there that often nowadays.

And finally, may I add the following:

Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly Poly
Old 01-05-2009, 22:02:09   #21
Turd

This web site is going to shit.
Old 01-05-2009, 22:32:25   #22
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

So why did all those mods get all pissy and resign?
Old 01-05-2009, 22:40:26   #23
self biased
Logic Box Refugee

because someone brought up a valid point: why would we entrust the same management who let things get as bad as they are now lead 'poly's resurgence?
Old 01-05-2009, 22:41:15   #24
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Link please.
Old 01-05-2009, 22:51:38   #25
self biased
Logic Box Refugee

i want to say it's somewhere in here:
Old 01-05-2009, 23:05:11   #26
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

I remember that thread.
Old 01-05-2009, 23:15:02   #27
MOBIUS
Ho! Ho! Ho!

That WePlayCiv seems to be a Dale ego vehicle...

I guess he took his cronies with him, making the Ferret Brothers bail at the first opportunity they could hang the site onto a couple of naive unsuspecting suckers...
Old 01-05-2009, 23:42:08   #28
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Hey Asher. Dale says you would be welcome on their new site.
Old 01-05-2009, 23:46:42   #29
Provost Harrison

I've still not got round to looking at this WePlayCiv site thingie...
Old 02-05-2009, 00:49:22   #30
Asher

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Hey Asher. Dale says you would be welcome on their new site.
I've got several PMs begging me to come over. There's even a thread there asking people to get me to post there to "add some colour".

I give it 2 months.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27:43   #31
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

More likely it will be around for several years but with virtually no one posting in it. That's the fate of most new forums.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19:09   #32
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

I just noticed someone registered HARDMAN!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:31:25   #33
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Threads: 117, Posts: 2,018, Members: 101, Active Members: 101
Welcome to our newest member, HARDMAN
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40:10   #34
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Ah, it's good to see the old ways are still respected.
Old 02-05-2009, 16:57:28   #35
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

God, that Grandpa Troll is all over it. It's like being trapped in a never-ending sermon by the world's most pointless vicar.
Old 02-05-2009, 17:22:51   #36
Immortal Wombat
carbon-based

with animated gifs
Immortal Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 17:36:19   #37
Asher

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
God, that Grandpa Troll is all over it. It's like being trapped in a never-ending sermon by the world's most pointless vicar.
He's sending PMs to posters on Poly asking everyone to come post there, too.
Old 02-05-2009, 18:09:16   #38
Asher

Might I add that Cybershy is a giant douche?

He's deleting lots of my posts and sending me touchy feely Christian PMs about forgiveness, etc.

He wants to unban Dale. He would like to "talk to me about it first" even though he subsequently makes it clear that my opinion is not worth anything and won't sway his decision.

Counterglow may see more posters now. More POLY POLY POLY for you German cunts to say.
Old 02-05-2009, 19:40:23   #39
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

They what? That's outrageous. The nutter made death threats.
Old 02-05-2009, 20:32:44   #40
Koshko

Quote:
Originally posted by self biased
because someone brought up a valid point: why would we entrust the same management who let things get as bad as they are now lead 'poly's resurgence?

And this was a huge reason why McCain lost the election.
Koshko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 20:33:36   #41
Koshko

Also I don't remember ever even registering at Poly, and haven't been there in years.
Koshko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 20:34:29   #42
Asher

He wants to "erase the past" and have a "fresh start for everyone"
Old 02-05-2009, 21:47:39   #43
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
I'm not sure if I'm ready to let the past rest...

Spoon, it's not a swear word.

1st CG Hardcore Belt Royal Rumble Winner
Drekkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 21:48:11   #44
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

http://www.that incredibly nerdy civ site.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185323

Nice try Laz but it seems CyberShy is just closing threads and not even trying to follow the sites own posted rules. I don't have much confidence that he'll solve poly's problems and in fact it seems like he'll piss a lot of people off.

You never know though he might just lose interest and then the forum won't go to hell and instead will just have benign neglect.
Old 02-05-2009, 22:08:34   #45
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

CyberShy seems to be deleting lots of posts for no real reason. I don't have a lot of confidence that he's going to be able to keep poly going much less increase the number of posters.
Old 02-05-2009, 22:09:49   #46
KrazyHorse
Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
Old 02-05-2009, 22:14:16   #47
JM^3
colossal bender

The problem is with everyone thinking that the OT is somehow important for the sites mission.

It is for the community to screw around, not to get new people involved/etc.

JM
Old 02-05-2009, 22:39:24   #48
KrazyHorse
Habs Fan

The OT is what gets a lot people to stay beyond their initial interest in the site's civ-related stuff

THAT should be the point of it.
Old 02-05-2009, 22:46:55   #49
JM^3
colossal bender

So far, my only act of moderation has been destickying a thread...

JM
Old 02-05-2009, 22:58:14   #50
Immortal Wombat
carbon-based

Quote:
Originally posted by KrazyHorse
The OT is what gets a lot people to stay beyond their initial interest in the site's civ-related stuff

THAT should be the point of it.
I agree, but I'm also fairly sure that that's where the trouble started. You end up with an on-topic of people who are interested in civ, and an off-topic in varying stages of caring less, and on poly, this led to the neglect of the on topic, which as Jon implies, is the bit which draws in new people. The OT can only ever cause the site as a whole to lose posters.
Immortal Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asher-"look at me"-fest, bitching, tubgirl