Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > Site Issues > Archive > CounterPoint Archive

Old 07-02-2004, 15:41:19   #101
Provost Harrison
Registered (alcohol ab)User

*tear comes to eye*

That's priceless buddies

Seriously though, it is true. I know you can go down into those really deep downers and feel embarrassed about it afterwards, but that is the very reason why you need to sort it out. Life is a bitch, and that is no lie. But remember, neurochemistry plays a large part in this, it's not your fault. And a neurochemical problem often requires a neurochemical solution...so don't dismiss medical advice, especially if it is on something that all the willpower and hope you have cannot deal with. Things aren't perfect for me, and I still have downers, but I definitely have more control than I used to. Some of the shit that has happened in the last few months was probably worse than the stuff that has gone before. But don't feel you have to keep your problems bottled up. Yeah, some may label you as a whinger like they do with me, but sometimes, venting can be very therapeutic, whether to a public forum or to a closely trusted individual. And don't expect advice. People are very quick to impart it, but the reality is, the only advice I can give you is to seek help. No one is right or correct on the other stuff. Truth is, we all need a hug and an ear to listen...and that is the best help anyone can give. Just to understand.
Old 07-02-2004, 16:13:15   #102
Chairman Yang

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Quite a few people broke their asses for you, cheers to Laz, Scabby, and Provost, good men all, who give a shit about people.
Ja, quite a bit of detective work. *applause*

ach, the problem isnt that I go about doing stupid things, it is that Im so stupid I take it to places like this. I need to learn to shut it up better and not whine so much, puts me in shit like this. Unt dann, wenn everyone goes through all this trouble and I try to limit the damage on my behalf, I seem ungrateful and like Im trying to blame someone else for it. However, I shall not be forced into sharing with my mother nor any of my teachers which of whom I trust no one, because of this. I wont bother you lot with it anymore though, and yes I do believe I said that last time as well, but I wouldnt break it twice I think.
Old 07-02-2004, 17:28:54   #103
protein
a dirty rotter.

How about you just stop taking stupid things and theatening suicide?

If you want to get high then do it safely and in a non-destructive way.

Painkillers - You aren't going to get a buzz off these so don't bother.
Old 07-02-2004, 17:35:11   #104
Chairman Yang

nah, taking painkillers aint so much about getting a buzz. and what you mean threatening suicide? Its not like Im demanding you contact my school and the police here or otherwise Ill do myself.
Old 07-02-2004, 17:43:49   #105
protein
a dirty rotter.

I think posting on several forums and saying things like "I've popped lodsa of tbalerts" and "hwo mnay asprins do you thnik it will take before I die?" sounds like a desperate cry for help and a horrible suicide bid.

You actually seem pissed off that we were all extremely worried about you.

I think what Laz and Scabby did was exactly the right thing to do and instead of coming here and acting like a spoiled little fucking prick, you should be thanking them.
Old 07-02-2004, 17:49:00   #106
Chairman Yang

Ja, of course. It is just that I cant see why anyone would do it out of 'the kindness in their heart'. My perspective is they did it to fuck with me, or to get me off the friggin boards. Im one paranoid shit, so thats as good as it gets. Im afraid I dont have any grand prize to give them for finding me, all thats come out of this is Id had to lie to my mother again. Not to mention all the shit Ill get on Monday, and for the rest of school for that matter.
Old 07-02-2004, 17:56:00   #107
protein
a dirty rotter.

That's how the paranoid mind works. What was actually two people spending their Saturday really working really hard to possibly save your life - in your mind is an act to "fuck with you". Get a grip.

Look. I've said it before but you really need help from someone. If you want to harm yourself then you aren't well.

I'm not going to post any more here. If you want to talk PM me.
Old 07-02-2004, 18:01:53   #108
Chairman Yang

Now, try not to get me wrong, I get off as very grumpy and ungrateful. Its just it didnt really help. I am indeed grateful for the effort if thats what it was, however from my perspective it ended up in getting signed up as suicidial by the cops, teachers and people I know finds out, people that cant help me the slightest, people that I would never dream of telling any of my depressions or any thoughts at all for that matter, people that will glare at me, gossip and look down on me. There was never any chance for any help even if I had wanted to jump one, the cop told me to get help and wrote my name up, the teacher told me she was glad 'everything was ok' and to see me on monday for school as I said, in other words she dont give shit, and lets not even mention my so called friends.

Now, if you argue I shouldnt be spoiled or lazy and seek help myself and not just wait for it, I couldve thought of that myself. This whole business didnt really kick me in the right direction to seek help, not that anything could, but still.
Old 07-02-2004, 18:03:31   #109
Chairman Yang

and, x-post.
Old 07-02-2004, 18:07:00   #110
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Good job Laz, Scab, and Provost.

Yang, they didn't do it to fuck you over. They did it because if it was them, they'd want someone to help them out. They like you enough to want to see you get helped.

It would probably be less trouble for you in the long term to show up and see what the docs have to say. That's how they make their living... helping people stay alive. It's in their interest to see that you, like everyone else, lives as long as possible. Job security.

Good luck to you, Yang.
Old 07-02-2004, 18:28:31   #111
Provost Harrison

Quote:
Originally posted by Chairman Yang
Now, try not to get me wrong, I get off as very grumpy and ungrateful. Its just it didnt really help. I am indeed grateful for the effort if thats what it was, however from my perspective it ended up in getting signed up as suicidial by the cops, teachers and people I know finds out, people that cant help me the slightest, people that I would never dream of telling any of my depressions or any thoughts at all for that matter, people that will glare at me, gossip and look down on me. There was never any chance for any help even if I had wanted to jump one, the cop told me to get help and wrote my name up, the teacher told me she was glad 'everything was ok' and to see me on monday for school as I said, in other words she dont give shit, and lets not even mention my so called friends.

Now, if you argue I shouldnt be spoiled or lazy and seek help myself and not just wait for it, I couldve thought of that myself. This whole business didnt really kick me in the right direction to seek help, not that anything could, but still.
You need to seek help from a conscious decision, from rationality. Remember what I said, it is all neurochemistry, just remember that and keep it in mind. It doesn't have to control you!
Old 07-02-2004, 18:29:17   #112
Oerdin
Ho Ho Ho

Yang: Posting things about suicide on the net is a cry for help and you had friends here who wanted to help you. If there desires seem over zeolous then just chalk it up to knowing they are true friends and not just shallow people who pretend to be your friend.

BTW trying to OD is a serious sign of depression. I know depression can often seem to be over welling but there really is a way out if you let a doctor help you. Just my $0.02.
Old 07-02-2004, 19:10:38   #113
Theben

Quote:
Ja, of course. It is just that I cant see why anyone would do it out of 'the kindness in their heart'.
With that kind of outlook it is beyond a doubt you should seek medical help. Let me be blunt:

No one wants you away from any of their forums.

No one hates you. I imagine now some people are a little upset with you, but even they are glad you're okay.

What Laz, Scabby, and Provost did was done with your best interests in mind.

The solution in the future, if you should feel this badly again, is NOT to hide it from everyone but talk to someone and GET HELP! The people here have proven that they are on your side, if you'll let them.

Kudos to all involved.
Old 07-02-2004, 23:01:02   #114
paiktis22
Productive

Well...
I got myself a MSN messanger and since I'm the nocturnal type these days if at some time at night you wanna talk Yang, look me up. My MSN handle will be at your PM shortly and when I'm online I'll have it on. Or post at CG or whatever else you feel like. I might not be there at every time you'd like to talk some chit chat or anything, know this as you already do.

Anyway don't worry too much about your image, these things can be forgotten and you're only 17. Try to avoid any experimenting with pills out of boredom or depression or whatever in the future, wether you post about it or not. I can understand how embarassed you must feel but screw them all really it's just a game and you're at the beggining. Don't take anything too seriously.

If you'd fancy to talk to someone who's "specialized" at that short of thing (which thing is nothing special or unique, don't worry) I'd say go for it. Think of it as another game. What can happen? You might actually find it amusing busting someone's balls with whatever you like to talk about. And it might make you feel better. Anyway nothing serious, nothing terminal, the people here did what they thought was best, embarassment will fade away gradually and the game goes on.
Old 07-02-2004, 23:19:52   #115
Shining1
Evil Fanboy

I really don't know what to say here. Laz and Scaborous, you guys are great.
Old 08-02-2004, 00:06:34   #116
LoD
The Human Banning Rod.

I second that.
Old 08-02-2004, 00:35:09   #117
HelloKitty
Hate shaped like a woman

Good job guys.

Old 08-02-2004, 00:39:09   #118
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Location: Drowning in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
Yes, good job guys.

Good luck Yang.
Old 08-02-2004, 00:39:29   #119
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

I took a pain killer and saw "Lost in Translation" last night.
Please don't call my parents!
Old 08-02-2004, 00:48:07   #120
Shining1
Evil Fanboy

Is that film any better when on drugs?
Old 08-02-2004, 00:52:35   #121
BigGameHunter
Hunter of Game

I don't know...probably.
I liked it a lot...diverged greatly from the standard "what is a movie" mold and took an atmospheric turn. Very good, I thought.
Though I have lived in Tokyo, so I may have appreciated it more.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:10:32   #122
OldWarrior_42
:-P~~

Good job Laz , Scab , MM et all.

And Lost In Translation blew bigtime. I previewed it before it came out and would have walked out on it , but I stayed with my buddy because he had to watch it as he was the only one on that night. He's the theatre manager and they have to prescreen all movies before they open to be sure of no glitches.

No one wanted to stay and watch it, so he had to and I hung with him. Crap sucky shit ass piece of junk flick.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:36:46   #123
HelloKitty
Hate shaped like a woman

I thought it was great, but I think its the kind of movie that people either loved, or completely did not get.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:55:00   #124
Venom
Look out behind you!

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGameHunter
I took a pain killer and saw "Lost in Translation" last night.
Please don't call my parents!
You're old. You need pain killers just to exist.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:54:03   #125
Vincent
Unchained

which is bad
Old 08-02-2004, 08:30:07   #126
Alexander's Horse
Yes, tis I

Don't abuse analgesics - it doesn't take much to permanently damage the liver. Even regular normal use can do bad things to your liver.

Look, I don't care any more okay?

Old 08-02-2004, 08:46:01   #127
self biased
Logic Box Refugee

which is why i prefer to abuse my liver with alcohol.
Old 08-02-2004, 13:16:22   #128
Provost Harrison

Livers are evil - they deserve to be punished
Old 08-02-2004, 14:31:36   #129
maroule
Intermittent du spectacle

oldwarrior, you suck mamouth asses, lost in translation is superb
Old 08-02-2004, 14:36:47   #130
Lefty Scaevola
curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom
You're old. You need pain killers just to exist.
I tell my children that is how they will know when they a fully grown up. They will never be free of pain again.
Old 08-02-2004, 20:36:18   #131
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
Quote:
Ja, of course. It is just that I cant see why anyone would do it out of 'the kindness in their heart'. My perspective is they did it to fuck with me, or to get me off the friggin boards.
That's a very lame ass comment, yang. Laz and Scabby and the rest did so because they would feel like shit if you really had done yourself in and they had done nothing to try and prevent it.

Spoon, it's not a swear word.

1st CG Hardcore Belt Royal Rumble Winner
Old 08-02-2004, 22:04:51   #132
Chairman Yang

Yeah, I was really stupid to mention it, but I didnt really, like, do like last time. I didnt think I had said anything worse than usual, or maybe thats just cause I hadnt done anything that spectacular from my perspective. Anyway its my decision, but their counsious is clear alright.
Old 08-02-2004, 22:15:36   #133
Drekkus
The Happy Little Pee Guy

Location: They think I'm crazy. They don't know that I like it here, it's nice in here. Reputation: -984653893929276
"but their counsious is clear alright"

You still sound like you blame them for calling in help. If you would see someone standing on the roof ready to jump, would you shrug your shoulders or call the police?

Spoon, it's not a swear word.

1st CG Hardcore Belt Royal Rumble Winner
Old 08-02-2004, 22:45:58   #134
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Quote:
I didnt think I had said anything worse than usual, or maybe thats just cause I hadnt done anything that spectacular from my perspective.
You said you'd taken "a bunch of painkillers". It doesn't take many paracetamols to kill. Hence the attempt to contact you.

If you want to take potentially lethal action, and quietly go off to do so then it's entirely your look-out. However the moment you announce as much in public then you have to accept that others will feel an obligation to try to help you, whether they like you or think you're an arsehole. That's society for you. It's how it works, and if those left-wing beliefs you profess to are anything other than just jerk-off posturing then you'll already know that.

The bottom line is that we now know we can reach you, and if you pull any more stunts like that we'll have the police round again. So cut it out and concentrate on growing up instead.
Old 08-02-2004, 22:49:38   #135
Lefty Scaevola
curmudgeon

Whissstle-smack!
Old 08-02-2004, 22:52:04   #136
Lefty Scaevola
curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by Drekkus
[B If you would see someone standing on the roof ready to jump, would you shrug your shoulders or call the police? [/B]
Selling tickets is no longer an option?
Old 08-02-2004, 23:06:56   #137
Chairman Yang

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

The bottom line is that we now know we can reach you, and if you pull any more stunts like that we'll have the police round again. So cut it out and concentrate on growing up instead.
heh, thats encouraging. anyway they werent paracetamols, was on impulse so I just took whatever was handy. well, if you call my teachers again itd only result in embarassment on both their and my behalf, and they wouldnt do anything, but you could always call them if you just wanted to fuck with me. Feel free to call the cops as much as you feel like, apparently they just chat for a while and keep my name. Like I've been trying to say, it didnt really help calling any of them, not that I dont understand why you did, but just so you know if it happens again.

Will hopefully recieve a batch of xanax within a few weeks, should be painless enough. feel like calling someone? Its my choice and I wont screw it up by telling anyone next time.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:18:50   #138
protein
a dirty rotter.

I'm drunk now so I won't hold back.

STOP BEING A PRICK!

Nobody is fucking with you. Nobody is out to get you. We are people who have been through the same kind of shit as you and we care. Your suicide attempts are fucking terrifying.

Look at your fucking avatar. It ia a man fucking hanging himself. You come on here and tell everyone that you are overdosing and then what are we supposed to fucking do? Let you die? Jesus christ!
-
You can't get angry that people are trying to save your life you knob! You are getting angry for the wrong reasons.

Just please get some help. Fuck your family, fuck your teachers. Don't go to them. Go to the doctor. I think half of us here at some point have gone to the doctor with our tails between our legs and asked for help. Be brave and just do it. Tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:21:07   #139
paiktis22
Productive

What the dunken drummist said
Old 08-02-2004, 23:33:33   #140
Chairman Yang

I'll try to be just as blunt.

Are you people deaf? I said over and over I understand you did the whole investigation and called and all because you cant just stand back when you see me saying Ive taken pills. So, if I dont say anything, problem solved, no?
Old 08-02-2004, 23:36:14   #141
Chairman Yang

Quote:
Originally posted by protein
Look at your fucking avatar. It ia a man fucking hanging himself.
yeah that says alot. I wonder what could be interpreted from yours...
Old 08-02-2004, 23:40:04   #142
paiktis22
Productive

Quote:
I'll try to be just as blunt.

Are you people deaf? I said over and over I understand you did the whole investigation and called and all because you cant just stand back when you see me saying Ive taken pills. So, if I dont say anything, problem solved, no?
Problem solved, noone would call anyone. But it would be a useless thing to do. You are absolutely free to do what you want wether Laz Scabby & Co. called attention to you. But it would be better to start breaking things or going to a doc. If you have nothing to lose why not?
Old 08-02-2004, 23:44:34   #143
Chairman Yang

From my current outlook nothing to win either...so its a loose loose situation.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:47:46   #144
paiktis22
Productive

Quote:
From my current outlook nothing to win either...so its a loose loose situation.
Yeah but if you take a glass and throw it against the wall it will make a loud noise and would be kind of cool. You can't do that if you swallow a handful of pills All I'm trying to say is most of us people have our ups and downs, you may think you're at the end of the rope and "unique" at that but you're not.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:52:13   #145
protein
a dirty rotter.

AAARGH! How infuriating. Stop with the angst and see your doctor. It is a win win win situation. Trust me I know. I know for a fact. So do other people here.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:52:16   #146
Chairman Yang

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Yeah but if you take a glass and throw it against the wall it will make a loud noise and would be kind of cool. You can't do that if you swallow a handful of pills

Yeah I love cool things like that, its just too much bad in between thats not worth waiting for those cool things anymore.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:55:40   #147
Chairman Yang

Quote:
Originally posted by protein
AAARGH! How infuriating. Stop with the angst and see your doctor. It is a win win win situation. Trust me I know. I know for a fact. So do other people here.
mmmm angst.

anyway I wouldnt know where to start, how to go about it. not even the cop said any place I could go or phonenumber to call.
Old 08-02-2004, 23:56:49   #148
paiktis22
Productive

Quote:

Yeah I love cool things like that, its just too much bad in between thats not worth waiting for those cool things anymore.
Yeah... I know what you're saying. Sometimes life has some completely odd and sudden turnarounds though. For the better. The fucked up thing about them is we don't know they might be just around the corner. Still if you're feeling like nothing matters anymore then nothing matters if you break a glass, or see a doc, or keep living (a much preferable situation!)
Old 09-02-2004, 00:00:28   #149
LoD
The Human Banning Rod.

Let me just as blunt as protein, although I am definately sobber.

Yang, you seem to think that your case is special, that you are some individual that has been touched with some much pain and agony and problems from which both rise, that you would make Jobe blush. Well, wake the FUCK UP - you're not. Every one has problems, probably a large portion of the posters here has or had some situations in their life to which yours can't rival in complexicity and bad feelings even in the slightest. Deal with it.
If you keep going like this, nothing will be different - you need to CHANGE. And, please, don't bullshit me with "I don't have the strenght" - if you have enough of it do those 'experiments' you do, than you have more than enough to set your life straight. DO THAT. As a bonus, once people see that you have BALLS to stand up to your problems, they WILL start to respect you.
The choice of whether you continue to deceive, bullshit yourself that you are unable to take action which requires much less energy than those you have done, and can actually set your life on the right track, it's yours. You have the strenght, so USE IT.
Old 09-02-2004, 00:01:20   #150
protein
a dirty rotter.

Do you have a GP that you can go to? If you do then it is literally a case of seeing your doctor for five minutes to decide what you should do. Do not go in there and play it down. If anything make it as dramatic as possible and make sure he/she takes notice.

Look, I have to go because I have been cut off the internet.

email me - drummer@loudmedicine.net I will try and help as much as I can.