Old 15-06-2006, 08:34:49   #1
Funko
Pubs Minister

LWP 9 Experience Part 2

http://www.counterglow.com/article.php?id=lwp94
Funko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 16:03:10   #2
devilmunchkin

i listen to that martin grech too much. but i'm glad i know who it is now. the suspense was beginning to get to me. laz, is the whole cd worth getting?
"You think the only thing keeping this reality from collapsing is my awareness of it? what do you think? You know, the idea that a thing exists solely to be the anchor point for all known things. The old thing about what happens to the world when you close your eyes!! Does the light even exist anymore when the refrigerator door shuts?!" JTHM
devilmunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 18:44:40   #3
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Check out my review on the front page. I think it's great.

His first album was a bit dodgy in places, but the track "Open heart zoo" is just unbelievable. I first heard it as background music in a record shop and practically put the owner in a headlock in order to find out who was singing it.
Lazarus and the Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 18:47:23   #4
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

This is probably of no interest to anyone other than Eklektikos and myself, but Current 93 have just released a new album to rave reviews all over the music press- featuring guest turns from Will Oldham and Marc Almond.
Old 15-06-2006, 23:39:34   #5
devilmunchkin

i checked out amazon.com..they charge $34 for that cd! ack! i said "fuck that shit"
"You think the only thing keeping this reality from collapsing is my awareness of it? what do you think? You know, the idea that a thing exists solely to be the anchor point for all known things. The old thing about what happens to the world when you close your eyes!! Does the light even exist anymore when the refrigerator door shuts?!" JTHM
Old 16-06-2006, 01:27:41   #6
Eklektikos
Eponymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
This is probably of no interest to anyone other than Eklektikos and myself, but Current 93 have just released a new album to rave reviews all over the music press- featuring guest turns from Will Oldham and Marc Almond.
I'm definitely plotting to purchase it along with Halo as soon as I become something close to solvent again. What I'm most excited about, though, are David Tibet's plans to record some kind of collaboration with Stephen O'Malley, the man responsible for SunnO))), Khanate and numerous other excellent drone/doom projects. I've been hoping for something similar ever since C93 started playing gigs with OM.
"In general, someone is a thing of value if and only if he or she is willing to submit to whatever degradation and abuse is required to preserve that position. Anything less betrays a lack of commitment." - Steve Albini
Eklektikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 16:31:50   #7
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
i checked out amazon.com..they charge $34 for that cd! ack! i said "fuck that shit"
Would you like a highly illegal copy sent to you?
Old 16-06-2006, 16:35:03   #8
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Quote:
Originally posted by Eklektikos
I'm definitely plotting to purchase it along with Halo as soon as I become something close to solvent again. What I'm most excited about, though, are David Tibet's plans to record some kind of collaboration with Stephen O'Malley, the man responsible for SunnO))), Khanate and numerous other excellent drone/doom projects. I've been hoping for something similar ever since C93 started playing gigs with OM.
Tibet works well with that kind of sound- he's got masses of experience through his collaborations with John Balance and Steven Stapleton.

I bought the new Current 93 album today. In HMV! They actually have Current 93 albums on sale in HMV! On the high street! And in Virgin too! And they're shifting them as well!

It feels like the rest of the world is finally catching on. Anyway, the album is their best in years.
Old 16-06-2006, 22:17:13   #9
devilmunchkin

sure

was he widely played over in england?
Old 17-06-2006, 07:13:45   #10
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Not particularly, though "Open heart zoo" got used for a Lexus advert a few years ago.
Old 17-06-2006, 11:38:23   #11
Lazarus and the Gimp
Howling at the moon

Is the address I used for the LWP discs OK, or have you moved yet?

If you're moving, just PM me where to send it.
Old 21-06-2006, 19:54:26   #12
devilmunchkin

no i'm still there. not moving until the end of august.