Counterglow Forums  

Go Back   Counterglow Forums > Site Issues > Archive > CounterPoint Archive

Old 09-11-2004, 22:03:21   #251
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
I usually don't bother with it, but you get tired off all the bomb-throwing, it gets rediculous.

If you listen to Kitty, the Dems are all sweetness and nice, and the GoP are secretly the Nazis reborn, and people here agree with it.
But that's all CG is about, if you listen to those that drift in and out in short order. Of course, they are all Keith's failed AEs, and we all know that Keith is Buddha's little brother, always trying to get everyone to get along with each other. A noble goal, but not one that is likely to happen as long as there are more then 1 human left alive.

Just wait... A good bit of the Demon leadership are really thinking of dropping the gay and homos out of the party (so as to stop getting that super majority of walmart voters out against them). That will only leave them one place to go. And it is the Republican way is okay with equal rights for everyone... everyone deserves to be screwed so that corporations pay less taxes. Let the gays get married. So what? The let the "Marriage Penalty" come back, and tax them at a higher bracket. More money for their pork barrel plans.

You know, that's why the Repukingtons are pro-Life. Equal rights to existance for the future tax payer = one more person's pocket to dig into to keep the taxes off their corporate masters.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:06:01   #252
Chris
really doesn't pay attention

There is also a move to have Howard dean made DNC chairman, so who knows where they are going.

My advice is to be sincere, not just adopt a policy because you think it will win votes, people know Bush believes in the shit he says, for good or ill.They also knew Kerry was reading the script of what he thought people wanted to hear.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:07:04   #253
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
So I guess you can understand why Bush is president,.. yet again
Because the Repukingtons are better dressers then the Demonsuckers?
Old 09-11-2004, 22:10:27   #254
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Howard Dean will not be the DNC leader. He's too white bread for them. He's got no appeal, connection, or even understanding of minorities, and it's too well know. The Demons know they lost their Hispanics, and that they are bleeding the Blacks to the Repukingtons. And Dean doesn't have the appeal to the women that Kerry had (the difference between a multi-millionare, and a multi-billionare's gigalo, I suppose). I don't see it being a real possibility.

There is talk of making Clinton the UN Secertary and Hilary the head of the Supreme Court. Neither is going to happen.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:14:21   #255
Chris

Bush won the women's vote, so much for Kerry's support.

It also turns out Evangelicals came out in the same proportion as 2000, so Bush winning because of them is wrong, he upped his gain in the ladies and the hispanic vote.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:18:58   #256
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

Bush won the female super-block? Hadn't heard that. I knew that the difference in the Hispanic break down (this election versus 2000) amounted for much of his margin. But Bush, as a Texas governor, is much more understanding of the Hispanic concerns then Kerry (who hales from from Massachussettes where the Puerto Rico Hispanic are the dominant Hispanic block).

Kerry carried the single non-child rearing female vote, didn't he? Bush led in the mom voting pigeon-hole that I saw, but I hadn't seen or heard the total break downs, just heard the generalities.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:20:40   #257
Chris

I didn't get the full break-down, just that Bush won the women's vote.

It made me laugh, after all the hate spewed at the evangelicals lately for the election.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:27:15   #258
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

The whacko Evangies didn't really vote. Now, put abortion on the ballot, and they'll come out. All 0.5 to 1% of them.

Remember, the coolest Demonsuckers heads think that the Walmart Voters come out in force and defeated them because the Demonsuckers were too close and too supportive of gay marriage.

Some evangies might shop at Walmart, but most Walmart voters are who the Demonsuckers like to claim they represent. The Every Man and Every Woman of American (the poor and middle class). They won't accept that they don't, so they are making their excuses.

I think it would be an easy sell to the "Walmart voters" to support gay marriage. But it needs to be a soft sell... not force it down their throats. Should be able to get it to pass with 55-45 margin in most of the country... if you can explain to the "hispanics", "blacks", and "rednecks" how it won't threaten their lives, just let some of their realitives have the same rights to see their treasured partner in the hospital like everyone else.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:31:44   #259
Chris

When reasons for voting were grouped, war on terror/iraq (Which voters correctly tied together, despite the left's rabid attempt to seperate) was teh dominate issue, almost 36%, and moral issues ended up last.

Economy was actually number one when grouped, people noticed they were doing better, even though the DEMs were lying through their teeth swearing otherwise.

So in the end, Bush won on economy and war on terror, NOT moral issues, as appologists for the DNC are attempting to claim now.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:43:52   #260
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

But the Demons are using a different grouping, one that fits their needs.

The economy is a real issue. But for most of America, they are doing well. There's plenty of blue cancer areas where things suck... it isn't odd that they voted against Bush. If people want a job, they need to move where the jobs have moved. Demons want to complain about lost jobs, but if you take out the 5 million illegals who are jobless in the US, you end up with a 3 million more jobs now then when Bush took over the office, not a net loss. And despite the Demonsuckers best efforts in California, most of the illegals didn't get to vote in this election.

Still, if the Demons had admitted that the economy was doing well (counting those unemployed illegals, we still have a lower jobless rate then under Clinton, when all was good and everyone was employed), that Americans were safe on their own soil, they wouldn't have a chance of getting their candidate elected. So they spent the campaign convincing people that, yeah, you are working now, but it is too demeaning and doesn't pay you enough. Vote Kerry, and he'll fix that! You aren't safe, Bush has put you in danger! 9/11 was a Bush plot to get re-elected! Vote Kerry, he'll fix things instantly. The dead will walk amoung us, and the terminally sick and ill will be restored to health instantly!

I don't know what our fellow posters saw where they were, but that was the Demonsuckers messages here in the South. Small wonder the didn't connect with the masses here.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:50:25   #261
Chris

It was the same in NY, but NY pulled more GoP support than has been seen in some time.

Cronic lying is not the way, Kerry should have said "Bush has been adaquite, I could do better" rather than "Everything sucks, I would have done it perfectly" which is an idiot message.

In the end, the Dems are losing the women and Hispanic vote, the only loyal group was the black vote, and that won't last forever, because to be mainstream, the Dems have to cease pandering, and the black vote won't like that.

AT ALL.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:58:29   #262
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

But the Demonsuckers only pander ever 4 years. They completely ignored their black supporters for the past 4 years. A lot of black leaders called them on it down here.

Now, the Hispanic block are generally "Catholic". And that was the old block that used to be the Demonsuckers. But they've driven out that block with their strong "if you don't believe a woman should be allowed to kill any bit of her own flesh whenever she choices, get the fuck out of this party! We don't want you!" bit. And there "If you are so ignorant as to believe in a god, there is no room for you in the Democractic party, you crazed extremists hullucinating wacko!". Not good messages to Catholics... even though they, as a majority, think people should be able to choose between carrying or not, and between believing or not. Hispanics aren't any different from that then other Catholics.

Of course, this is all the worst kind of generalizations, but that's talking politics and "who" voted for which candidate. Biggest damn pigeon-hole that can be found.
Old 09-11-2004, 22:59:50   #263
Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
Not National Zombie Awareness Month

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
I didn't get the full break-down, just that Bush won the women's vote.

It made me laugh, after all the hate spewed at the evangelicals lately for the election.
Last I saw it broke down to 60:40, Bush:Kerry
Old 09-11-2004, 23:00:20   #264
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

... Chris, "Things are ok, but I will make them better" never wins an election. It might score you a romp in with a gal if you get her drunk enough, but it just doesn't work in elections!
Old 09-11-2004, 23:02:48   #265
Chris

Maybe not, but its never been tried.

I do know that calling the other guy a shitsucker didn't help Kerry one Iota.
Old 09-11-2004, 23:03:32   #266
Japher
King of the Who

Quote:
Things are ok, but I will make them better" never wins an election
Ok, so Kerry was just so bad a campeigning that he couldn't even win over the dumbest ppl in America

Yeah, that's the right answer

/sarcasm

actually, I never stop!
Old 09-11-2004, 23:05:59   #267
Chris

This ought to make Kitty feel better, ashcroft just resigned.
Old 09-11-2004, 23:09:12   #268
Darkstar
will bitch for beer

It makes me feel better! I wonder if the great NY Wonder is going to take over for him?

Chris, it has been tried. Even on the national level. Just not in recent memory. Why? Because it never succeeds.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:14:55   #269
Koshko

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
Funks, its been a while since I looked at all the material. However, there were a bunch of riders. And I don't recall the full terms for the "removal of forces" being met.

Frankly, the Administration would do what it wants regardless. And the American public wouldn't care... because we already view the world as being hateful, ignorant, and jealous of us. We have a bit of the "bell of the ball" complex. But that's just our reaction to all the Anti-Americanism we get exposed to every day. "Fuck you if you don't like us, and we won't care what you think then" sort of deal.
MUST QUOTE THIS ...
Old 10-11-2004, 02:19:36   #270
Koshko

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar
You are welcome to tell me how to do my NASA work. After all, NASA wants all to be aware and active in its interests.

Well, in the realm of international politics, if the EU isn't going to bother fighting the Coalition on it, nor invoke sanctions against it, then the EU is giving its tactic blessings to it.

I may hunt up all the resolutions and check them out. Not today though. It's become a moot point until the Iraqi people file a class action lawsuit against the governments of the Coalition.

As for Anti-Americanism... it isn't a reaction to American Anti anything. It's basic nature. When Spain ruled the Known World, everyone was Anti-Spain. When France ruled the Known World, everyone was Anti-France. When the UK ruled the Known World, everyone was Anti-UK. When China rules the Known Universe, we will all be anti-China. You can say "We hate your country/administration for this reason..." but in the History of World, America has been one seriously underachieving Nasty Overlord. It's just human nature. People don't like to see others do well. People perfer to see them fail. That's part of the basic wiring of our brains. Someone doing better then you triggers your Zero Sum reasoning... less is left for you. Basic psych has studied the hell out of this. That Zero Sum reaction doesn't trigger as easily for people you don't see competing directly against you (your community), so it takes outsiders having much more then you (compared to others in your community) to trigger that Zero Sum behavior.

As long as the world hates America, that just means it sees America as Top Dog. When it starts hating someone else equally, then the Sun will be setting on America. I'm hearing a good bit of anti-China and anti-India sentiment at this time. Well up above the anti-Jap and anti-German and anti-Arabia these days.

When America does nothing, its hated for doing nothing. When America goes in to help, its hated for not helping enough and not helping sooner. When America interferes in other countries, America is hated for it. When America doesn't interfere in other countries, America is hated for it. If America chooses to support a side, it is hated. If it doesn't, it is hated. That isn't reasonable behavior. So there isn't any valid arguments to how America makes itself hated... America is hated because it exists. If it didn't exists, everyone would just hate something else. Such is the true nature of humans since before we were humans. Whatever you view as having some say over you and your life (and you are powerless to effect it) is going to attract your fear and hatred.
Well i've been saying in this thread that china will overtake us, possibly within the next 20-30 years or so. Maybe even sooner, if they experience a internal technological and manufacturing surge.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:23:34   #271
Chris

But they will fail, as the low worker pay won't remain a constant, people in China will realize their worth, and demand more.

This happened in the USA, Europe and Japan, so will it be with China.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:28:19   #272
Koshko

Yes but they will likely overtake us and be the chief power for awhile. Then when things began the descent in China, someone else will be on the rise and become the next big shots. History favors that.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:34:48   #273
Koshko

Here's an election voting breakdown copied from another site with a tiny bit of commentary.

Overall

Men-- 55% went Rep. , 44% Dem. Thier percentages both inceased by 2 pts since the election in 2000.

Women-- 48% Rep., 51% Dem. Although the Dems won among the women, percentages for women voting Reps is up 5% from 2000 and for the dems it's down 3%.

Race & Ethnicity

Whites-- 58% to 41% Republicans win.
Black-- 88% to 11% Still a massive Dem stronghold.
Hispanic-- 56% Democrat to 43% This is the closest the Reps have gotten with the normally Dem Hispanic vote. Bush does have a connection to the Hispanics that previous Reps lacked.

18 to 29 -- 54 D, 45 R.
30 to 44 -- 46 D, 53 R.
45 to 59 -- 48 D, 51 R.
60 + -- 46 D, 54 R.
Proof that the youth tends to be more Liberal ...

Family Status

Married -- 42 D, 57 R.
Unmarried -- 58 D, 40 R.
have Children under 18-- 45 D, 53 R.
Gay, Lesbian, etc. -- 77 D, 23 R.
This is all what you'd expect although 23% Rep among gays seems higher than you'd expect.

Religion

All Protestants -- 40 D, 59 R.
White Protestants -- 32 D, 67 R.
Catholics -- 47 D, 52 R
Jews -- 74 D, 25 R. Most Rep support in awhile actually.
Attend church once a week -- 39 D, 61 R.

Education

Not a HS Grad -- 50 D, 49 R.
HS Grad -- 47 D, 52 R.
Some college -- 46 D, 54 R.
College Grad -- 46 D, 52 R.
Post Grad Ed. -- 55 D, 44 R.
Interesting that the Reps hold the 2 yr and 4 yr college people and the Dems hold the Masters people.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:13:47   #274
Lefty Scaevola
curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
People said the same sort of stuff when Reagon got reelected
And Nixon, and Johnson.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:48:28   #275
Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
Not National Zombie Awareness Month

Hmmm. Would have thought that people with kids would have been more pro-Bush, what with the increase in the child tax credit Bush handed out.

The rest of Family, Religion, Ethnicity and Education stats are to be expected, except maybe the Hispanic sector.