View Single Post
Old 18-04-2003, 17:33:24   #19
Colon
prima!

Quote:
Originally posted by GP
It's not just a troll, Colon. There is a point there. It goes right back to what we talked about in the other thread. When we were talking about the appeasement issue (which you have raised anew). You made comments supporting the appeasement (there wasn't anything they could do, etc. you've repeated them in this thread.) That is a very different argument from saying that you don't find Saddam a threat. It's also interesting to see your logic here. You really do seem interested in defending 1930's appeasement. Even saying that if we (the US) doesn't invade NK, that we are like 1930's appeasers. WTF?
Ok then, if you're not trolling, then at least try to understand that I did not say I support the appeasement. I said that it's overly simplistic to call them cowards because that ignores the intractable situation they were in. And that same intractable situation is also why any comparison of the appeasers to the opposers of the war against Iraq is nonsense.
Quite frankly, if there's anything that hurts my pride, it's you when you don't want to understand what I'm saying.