View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39:24   #6
Funko
Pubs Minister

Right, well I feel like crap so I'll probably hate all these.

Take It on the Run - REO Speedwagon

They are no Whitesnake are they.

Swiss Glide - Michna

Intro is like a greatest hits of samples I kinda recognise. Hmm... it was all the intro. Is it called swiss because it's a bit dull?

Heavyweight - Infected Mushroom

Is this an Underworld cover? Oh no wait it's Underworld crossed with Linkin Park! 2:30 they bring in that Metallica chord change. Er... and now Daft Punk get a look in, "around the world, around the world". I'm not sure who the next bit is but, a folk singer and Robert Miles collaboration I think. Then it goes back to Daft Punk soloing over Linkin Park, into a slow Metallica song. There's so much going on and so little of it is interesting. And what a disappointing ending after sitting through all that.

Just A Sound In The Night - Rational Youth

Yeah, this is cool.

Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks - Los Campesinos!

This is great. And not just because Scabby will hate it.

Foux du Fafa - Flight of the Conchords

Flight of the Conchords are great, but their stuff does lose something being audio only. At university I did buy an easy listening compilation that was full of shit like this, it's almost impossible to tell this is actually a parody.

Easy to Smile - Sensless Things

I once requested this at The After Dark's Old School Indy night, Fools Gold. It was a charity night. 1 a request. The DJ said he did have it, but he didn't think anyone would like it. I said I'd pay 5 for the request if people didn't go crazy, but if they did like it he had to put the 1 in. He agreed. The place went mental. Mine!

A&E - Goldfrapp

Goldfap! Don't mind some Golfrapp stuff but this is all a bit Alanis isn't it? I didn't realise any girls who'd just been dumped were contributing. Welcome!

God Says No - Monster Magnet

Monster Magnet are the only people I've seen live on stage playing a burning guitar. Just having a lighter fluid roady is cool enough. This isn't really what they normally sound like. I predict it'll get a lot of comments about it being boring. Mine!

Velvet - The Big Pink

I have heard a lot about The Big Pink boobs recently but this is the first time I've heard them. After I've finished this playlist I'll probably go off to listen to the rest of the nipple. BOOBS

Nothing Ever Happened - Deerhunter

I've listened to Deerhunter a lot on Spotify after recommendations elsewhere. Yeah, like it. No boobs.

Wolf Like Me - TV on the Radio

Yeah. Heard it before and I liked it then too. I like it's relentlessness.

Drumming Song - Florence + the Machine

I can't help thinking she's a little bit overhyped.

Abandon - That Petrol Emotion

Had never heard of these guys, really like this song. Another one I'll be checking out more of later.

The Letter - Kristen Hersh

Laz's disappeared song. It's a very Laz type song this one. It's ok. I quite like it now, but I can't imagine another time I'd want to listen to it.

Oh Bondage, Up Yours! - X-Ray Spex

There was probably a time this was shocking. Now it's just a decent example of shouty punk.

Cycles Per Second - The dB's

This is cool, in a nerdy way. Kind of reminds me of Devo.

Capt. Bo Dignifies the Allegations With a Response - Oneida

This is one I discovered through the "You might like this" link on Spotify.

Motorbreath - D.O.A.

At one point I thought that doing punk covers of heavy music was the way to go, but it's too similar to the starting material. This isn't bad but it's not even really one of the best Metallica songs.

Main Teri Hoon Janam - Sadhna Sargam

Right... didn't someone put Vangelis on last time? And this is a cover of a Vangelis tune (chariots of fire)? Do we have a Vangelis fanatic amongst us? The original tune is a classic obviously. I find this version just a bit odd though.

The Shape of Things to Come - Ramones

Ramones, yeah.
Funko is offline   Reply With Quote