Thread: travian
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2008, 17:45:19   #3
MoSe
Cutie of Hearts

IIRC I posted a thread here about travian

I spent 3 months in summer 2007 sleeping 2 hours per night, getting at work at 7am and leaving at 9pm or later because I had a better connection at work.

I had 2 accounts on one italian server and another 2 on a second one, which is disallowed by their rules, because I wanted to try out all the 3 tribes and strategies.
I didn't exploit, make them cooperate or otherwis take advantage freom the multiple logins (I had even created 4 different hotmail accounts...)

If you visit the italian travian forum you'll see a LOT of technical posts by someone MoSe in that time.
I even managed to make the REWRITE the basic rules which were ambiguous about "postponed trades"....

I could manage that because at work we had few months without new orders coming in.
I got to 3 villages both with Romans and Teutons.
I ended to team up with a guy who was forced to change his userID because it was an overt tribute to Mussolini

despite that, he was a good guy and a loyal player.

when suddenly work took off again at full steam, I decided to quit abruptly, or I'd have lost my sanity

If you want, I had rearranged a lot of worksheet and tables about optimal production queues...

was was

PS: if you manage to send away your troops on a mission so that they get back just in time when you can be back online, and build deposits to keep your resources safe from incursions, you can manage to go on pretty fine even with just a little playing time.

Until you stir a hornets nest, and they gang up on you catching your troops the *second* they get back at home before you can react, and/or they develop catapults and begin to tear down all your buildings
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
THIS IS MY LAST POST !!!
MoSe is offline   Reply With Quote