Thread: Baldur's Gate
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 09:55:56   #44
Funkodrom
Die Müfzwerge

Location: Drowning in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg W
Er, that sounds like a Beholder Mike, and they can be very dangerous even to a fairly well equipped party. I remember the easiest way to get past them is via a ring of spell turning - let it kill itself basically. Only problem is you probably won't have one right now.
Apparently it's an Oilypant or something like that Rachel knew what it was. Takes magic weapons and spells to hurt it.

Quote:
Spells - yeah, you can write them in your spellbook long before you can actually cast them.
Hmmm...

Quote:
[B]Healing potions? Man, I forgot the game even had healing potions (assuming it does of course, and Mike is not just hallucinating ). As soon as possible, go into Jaheira's spells, and learn some healing spells. Thay come in danged useful. I can't even try and imagine trying to get through the game without ever casting healing spells, unless you want to save and reload every fight you have until you get a result where nobody gets hurt much. And there are some fights where people are going to get hurt, regardless. I usually found that it was healing spells that made me sleep to recover spells, not mage spells. You learn to use them regularly though, they are danged useful to have.
What I didn't realise is that you can rest at any time!!!!! That makes all my worries about spells totally pointless as I can use them all up then just rest and get them back. I assumed that you'd need to get to somewhere safe before you could rest but apparently you can rest at any time you aren't in combat. Which seems totally ludicrous but it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.

There are healing potions in the game and you can use them in combat if you keep them in the character's quick items. Means you use an action of the injured character rather than an action of the wizards.

My character actually started with 91Hp so he can take a lot more damage than the guys I started with, and he's got AC-1 at the moment. Bad guys seem to realise that and concentrate their attacks on the other party members.

Shiny: Some of those spells make sense but some of them I don't get because I'm not familiar with the spells they are countering.

It's sounding more and more like I'm going to have to learn all the bloody spells, even if it's just so I know what people are using against me. Wizards are gay.