Thread: Baldur's Gate
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2002, 10:23:39   #17
Mightytree
Bat

Quote:
Exodus: Ultima III was the first game I got hooked on, back on Apple IIe computers back at school. Played the Ultima's pretty much from 1 thru IX in varying terms of completedness. And Underworlds I and II. Loved them all, though VIII was a bit of a lowpoint. Underworlds was the first "true" 3D game, before Doom and the like. I do remember hearing vague rumours a few months ago that the blokes that made Underworlds (the original company - it wasn't Origin) were making a sequel of sorts, though I can't remember any details.
I only started with Ultima 7, loved it. Ultima VIII was a disappointment, I agree. It was short and easy and you couldn't interact with the world as much as in VII. Ultima IX was very impressive, I never finished it though. The guys that made Ultima Underworld 1/2 were Looking Glass, the same that made System Shock. Would be cool if there was a third part some time.

Quote:
Wizardry 1 I played a lot of as well as Bane of the Cosmic Forge (IV, V?), but not a lot of the others - meant to but never got around to it.
Bane of the Cosmic Forge was VI I think. I only played that a little. Crusaders of the Dark Savant (VII) was the first part that had VGA graphics, much more appealing to me back then. I can only recommend it, even nowadays, although it's HARRRRRRRD as hell. Never finished it.
Mightytree is offline   Reply With Quote