View Single Post
Old 18-08-2014, 08:48:13   #33
MoSe
Cutie of Hearts

we X-posted while I prepared my lenghty one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funko View Post
It is interesting as the gameweeks develop how things go.

One rule you might not be aware of is the Wildcard, you get 2 a year, one at any point in the year, and one to use in January after the transfer window.

It means you get unlimited free transfers for a week so if you want to radically redesign your team after a couple of weeks it's a good option.
I had read it, thanks anyway for the heads-up

I was indeed planning to wait a few weeks before using it
I thought I'd better let current season stats to develop so I could rely on them for an "informed redesign"

OTOH I saw lotsa FPL managers "rush" to transfer Sigurdsson in as soon as, or even before, first match ended.
Is it maybe bc they foresaw his tranfers surge, and as it will surely cause a Price Rise (and indeed he's the first and only one at 10.1), they wanted to be the first in?
Are things that quick and volatile here?
I thought sheeplike to all flock behind the first who scores... we know players who fluke then go dry for a long while (see Hamsik last Serie A season)... otoh SWA has two upcoming homers vs BUR & WBA

a "sinlge" free trasnfer offers limited options
much more useful to make 2 joint ones, so you can upgrade your main objective while downgrading a collateral, making up for budget
so I was planning to wait at least GW2 to use the saved FT
I have so few pts that shelling 4 on a transfer seems a folly to me at this point: still don't feel confident enough to gamble that the one I bring in will score 4p more than the one I sent out in next GW - unless that's on a longer term plan, but maybe that's manageable as well by "diluting" changes with FT only, or with a right-moment wildcard...
will have to learn that with experience

OTOH (again) because of "market dynamics", the longer I wait the more a desirable goal might get expensive, while my "outbound assets" will depreciate, drastically reducing my "manouvre window"...

was this again about economics, or football???
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
THIS IS MY LAST POST !!!
MoSe is offline   Reply With Quote