Counterglow Forums

Counterglow Forums (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/index.php)
-   CounterPoint Archive (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This is a really depressing story about Americans in the UK (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16633)

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 17:44:46

This is a really depressing story about Americans in the UK
 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3276911.stm

Sad to hear there are so many intolerant arseholes here. I feel like I should apologise for them. :(

Venom 18-11-2003 17:49:57

It's sad to see we're more hated than Ceausescu and the Commies.

Chris 18-11-2003 17:51:00

People just don't agree, it's the way it is.

I also think that if Big Ben or some other UK land mark was destroyed and thousands killed in Britain, the reaction to taking on certain states would not be so far in the opposition, but that is neither here nor there.

Venom 18-11-2003 17:51:27

Best fucking believe I won't cower like that girl did when asked who there were Americans. I'll raise my hand and then beat the shit out of any of you ungrateful fucks that tries to touch me.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 17:51:35

Quote:

Originally posted by Venom
It's sad to see we're more hated than Ceausescu and the Commies.
Where did it say that?

Lurker 18-11-2003 17:52:52

It probably didn't.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 17:53:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
I also think that if Big Ben or some other UK land mark was destroyed and thousands killed in Britain, the reaction to taking on certain states would not be so far in the opposition, but that is neither here nor there.
I don't know about that. It's not how we've historically dealt with terrorism over the last 30 years or so, I don't think it'd change if it was one massive attack rather than many smaller ones.

Chris 18-11-2003 17:53:51

The woman said she didn't raise her hand.

Venom 18-11-2003 17:55:50

Quoted from the article

"Demonstrators in their tens of thousands are expected to turn out to rail against his administration's foreign policy, its environmental record, and his presidency - numbers set to dwarf the dissent which greeted China's Jiang Zemin or the 1978 state visit by Romania's Nicolae Ceausescu."

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 17:56:40

That was a x-post, edited to avoid confusion.

Anyway, I hope that arseholes like these who judge people by their nationality rather than themselves as people are in the minority 'cause it's out of order.

Of course, if someone calls Venom a fat stupid American that's perfectally justifie.d

Chris 18-11-2003 17:57:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Funkodrom
I don't know about that. It's not how we've historically dealt with terrorism over the last 30 years or so, I don't think it'd change if it was one massive attack rather than many smaller ones.
Mike, I don't want to get into a big political thing, but it would.

The US also had plenty of terror attacks the last 30 years and did little about it.

Take my word for this, you wouldn't view it the same, this wasn't the IRA with a few scattered bombings and warnings, that attack killed thousands and destoyed billions of dollars in property.

Dyl Ulenspiegel 18-11-2003 18:07:14

It's getting a bit out of hand, what was usually reserved for the American government is more and more turning against Americans. You can read and hear comments like many people gloating over US losses in Iraq. I don't think individual americans are at any risk, but the mood is very ugly here.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 18:13:23

There is nowhere in Europe more antiamericanism than in Greece but all Americans are quite safe here. It helps that they are very polite people in general, very well behaved. Well raised!

Chris 18-11-2003 18:15:58

The greeks just want the dracmas. :p

Lurker 18-11-2003 18:16:13

Obviously Venom's never been to Greece....

Venom 18-11-2003 18:16:36

It's on my list now. I'm going to raise some hell.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 18:17:16

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
The greeks just want the dracmas. :p
with 13 millions tourists every year.. it can be affored to kick some out.
No really americans are really the nicest.

Chris 18-11-2003 18:17:32

Dance naked in night clubs, that goes over big in Greece.

Lurker 18-11-2003 18:19:06

No, no. Dance naked in the fountains.

Venom 18-11-2003 18:19:39

Dance naked in the President's hovel?

Chris 18-11-2003 18:22:05

Wear the pink shirt.

jsorense 18-11-2003 18:26:54

Well, I guess it is time I put my two cents worth in.

[plink, plink]

There, that should clear things up.

Dyl Ulenspiegel 18-11-2003 18:27:28

Plink shirt?

paiktis22 18-11-2003 18:55:10

Coming back to the point, it's the traditional welcoming procedure for any american president to burn an american flag upon arrival. Don't mess up the protocol.

Venom 18-11-2003 18:56:58

Burning a flag is actually the proper and respectful way to dispose of one that has been tainted.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 18:57:47

With blood and sperm?

Venom 18-11-2003 18:58:41

Merely being touched by your filthy third world hands is tainted enough.

Dyl Ulenspiegel 18-11-2003 18:58:44

A much better welcome would be Hendrix' version of the star spangled banner.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 19:00:11

Well you should piss on it afterwards, that's the proper safety procedures. Have to be followed too.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 19:02:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
Mike, I don't want to get into a big political thing.
Good.

Lurker 18-11-2003 19:08:40

I don't see what the big deal is. If Funko came to this country, I'd want to beat him up. Plus I'd want to kill KingShithead (as well as KingShithead@home). Turnabout's fair play, as I see it.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 19:09:58

Hey, that's fine if you are beating me up for being myself but if you are beating me up for being English I'll be offended. :)

Venom 18-11-2003 19:15:29

That's why my idealogy is the best. I hate everyone because they're them. Not because of anything else. Though everything else does give me ammo for insulting them.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 19:17:01

Ideologies are like assholes everyone's got one.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 19:17:24

I haven't got either of those things.

Venom 18-11-2003 19:20:48

Since I'm an asshole that means I'm an Ideology. Everyone should worship me. Especially the queer ass Greeks and their love of assholes.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 19:22:56

Worship?

Chris 18-11-2003 19:23:04

This thread is very gay.

But so are all Funko's threads.

Funkodrom 18-11-2003 19:24:18

Sorry, did I apologise? How gay.

I meant fuck off you stupid fat yanks.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 19:25:32

aaa...

Chris 18-11-2003 19:26:17

You apologised for apologising!

MEGA GAY!!!!!!!!

Lurker 18-11-2003 19:32:48

Quote:

Originally posted by Funkodrom
Hey, that's fine if you are beating me up for being myself but if you are beating me up for being English I'll be offended. :)
It's not the English thing; it's the Reading thing.

Chris 18-11-2003 19:37:31

Lurker has a problem with reading.

simpleton 18-11-2003 20:34:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Venom
It's sad to see we're more hated than Ceausescu and the Commies.
That is exactly why I hate the stereotypical American. Brainwashed into thinking that anything left of centre or even just centre in the political spectrum is seen as "commie".

I was / am against the war / occupation of Iraq. I worry that Bush has his own agenda and does not give a toss who gets hurt in the way.

I will hopefully be in London on Thursday PEACEFULLY demonstrating against Bush.

I am totally honest in saying that if I was in a position to choose wether to kill either Bush or Saddam Hussain, then Bush would get the bullet.

I also hate Tories, but I do not go around attacking them in the street. All people in this country are entitled to free speech.

It was up to the people of Iraq to get rid of Saddam, not Big Brother USA, same as if a British leader stopped free speech here, there would soon be a major uprising in this country. Historically look at Poland as an example of people power.

paiktis22 18-11-2003 20:37:14

Admittedly thought you have some big shoes to fill when the archmonkey comes.

http://www.theodora.com/flags/new8/flag_burning_1.html

protein 18-11-2003 20:47:06

Quote:

Originally posted by simpleton

It was up to the people of Iraq to get rid of Saddam, not Big Brother USA, same as if a British leader stopped free speech here, there would soon be a major uprising in this country. Historically look at Poland as an example of people power.

But not the point. The point is that normal Americans are being treated badly in Britain because of their country's foreign policy.

It's a bit like the stupid Brits still hating Germans because of Hitler.

Venom 18-11-2003 20:50:26

Quote:

Originally posted by simpleton
That is exactly why I hate the stereotypical American. Brainwashed into thinking that anything left of centre or even just centre in the political spectrum is seen as "commie".

I was / am against the war / occupation of Iraq. I worry that Bush has his own agenda and does not give a toss who gets hurt in the way.

I will hopefully be in London on Thursday PEACEFULLY demonstrating against Bush.

I am totally honest in saying that if I was in a position to choose wether to kill either Bush or Saddam Hussain, then Bush would get the bullet.

I also hate Tories, but I do not go around attacking them in the street. All people in this country are entitled to free speech.

It was up to the people of Iraq to get rid of Saddam, not Big Brother USA, same as if a British leader stopped free speech here, there would soon be a major uprising in this country. Historically look at Poland as an example of people power.

Hey fuckhead. Try getting the correct context out of the post. I'm talking about a direct quote from the article that said the Chinese Communits and Ceausescu.

I said nothing about dickless assmunches like you being communist. Learn to read context you fucking cum sucking assfister.

Venom 18-11-2003 20:52:03

Quote:

Originally posted by simpleton
I am totally honest in saying that if I was in a position to choose wether to kill either Bush or Saddam Hussain, then Bush would get the bullet.

If you can't see the complete idicoy behind that statement then you need to flat out die. Or get in a time machine and head back to Iraq circa 1988.

Vincent 18-11-2003 20:52:13

Yeah, he was Austrian (-> Dyl)!

Vincent 18-11-2003 20:53:06

What are "Chinese Communits"? Mobile phones?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Counterglow 2001-2012. All rights reserved.