Counterglow Forums

Counterglow Forums (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/index.php)
-   CounterPoint (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Une Questione... (http://www.counterglow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43127)

Greg W 06-08-2009 15:51:05

Une Questione...
 
Tizzy and Funko are getting married in a month (give or take). I know that will be a shock to Drekkus, but that's beside the point...

Both have already had their respective bucks night/hen's night. Any particular reason they were held so lone before the wedding? In Australia, there's no tradition per-se, but it's usually one week, maybe two before the wedding. Sometimes the night before if they're feeling particularly daring. A month (or about 6-7 weeks roughly in Funko's case) seems a very large gap...

Funko 06-08-2009 15:54:08

My best man is on holiday for most of August.

Greg W 06-08-2009 15:57:55

Ah, fair enough. What's considered "normal," out of curiosity?

JM^3 06-08-2009 16:01:56

I would say within two weeks is normal.

JM

Greg W 06-08-2009 16:04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg W (Post 997314)
...so lone before...

How the fuck did I manage to type an "e" instead of a "g"? They're not even next to each other. I must be losing it...

Or perhaps more correctly, losing what little of it I had left...

Tizzy 06-08-2009 16:15:53

I wanted my Mum to be able to come to my hen night. She normally works Saturdays and is only allowed to take a certain (small) number of Saturdays off in a year. So I picked a Saturday she didn't have to work.

Funko 06-08-2009 16:24:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg W (Post 997319)
Ah, fair enough. What's considered "normal," out of curiosity?


Same as there. If people are going to Europe or whatever maybe a month before.

Funko 06-08-2009 16:25:43

Oh and I had 2 other weddings to go to in July...

6 weddings this year. It's mental.

MDA 06-08-2009 16:37:13

My only restriction was a 48 hour lockout before the wedding itself.

A week or two seems normal. Mine was three days before, just because that was what fit everyone's schedule.

It's been 10 years next month, and I still haven't laid eyes on the pictures from that night.

Japher 06-08-2009 16:41:56

A month is probably good. That way you'll know for sure if the hooker gave you an STD

Cheshire Cat 06-08-2009 16:53:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funko (Post 997330)
6 weddings this year. It's mental.

1.5 funerals

Provost Harrison 07-08-2009 09:19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg W (Post 997323)
How the fuck did I manage to type an "e" instead of a "g"? They're not even next to each other. I must be losing it...

Or perhaps more correctly, losing what little of it I had left...

And don't get me started on your lousy French :p

Funko 07-08-2009 09:30:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat (Post 997338)
1.5 funerals

I think we can conclude 1 funeral = 2 weddings.

Dyl Ulenspiegel 07-08-2009 09:48:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provost Harrison (Post 997357)
And don't get me started on your lousy French :p

That wasn't supposed to be italian?

Provost Harrison 07-08-2009 10:04:27

Who knows, it's all foreign :p

Greg W 07-08-2009 12:18:56

Pffft, so there's an extra "e" on the end. I only ever did French for about 3 months, was spelling it as it sounds. :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funko (Post 997329)
Same as there. If people are going to Europe or whatever maybe a month before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizzy (Post 997325)
I wanted my Mum to be able to come to my hen night. She normally works Saturdays and is only allowed to take a certain (small) number of Saturdays off in a year. So I picked a Saturday she didn't have to work.

Fairynuff then, thought there probably would be a reason...


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:16:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© Counterglow 2001-2012. All rights reserved.