PDA

View Full Version : Help me find obscure late-eighties novelty song dimly remembered from third grade

Scabrous Birdseed
04-01-2003, 23:47:50
This has been driving me nuts all day.

In my first few years of school there were numerous quaint little school discos for us kiddies. The one song supremely popular on these some time around 88-89-90 was a horrible sex-related novelty song of which I still remember shockingly much, despite having been eight years old at the time.

This is entirely from memory. The melody is The Kinks' "All Day And All Of The Night".

One on [could be and] One we're having some fun
In the bedroom all day and all of the night
Two on Two, I take off your shoes [might be the opposite actors]
In the bedroom etc.
[...]
Four on Four, We Fuck on the Floor
In the Bedroom etc.
[...]
Ten and Ten, We Do it Again
In the Bedroom etc.

I seem to remember the words being taught to us by older kids. Apparently none of the adults in the room knew what the song was about, but I think I've heard it (not just as a play rhyme) at least half a dozen times, in the stage/activity room of our "Fritids" (after-school activity thing), as played by older kids.

I also remember a similar "dirty" song base on Manfred Mann's Do Wah Diddy, if it's any help.

Provost Harrison
05-01-2003, 00:44:12
No help whatsoever, I certainly don't remember any of those...

Funkodrom
05-01-2003, 17:11:33
I think it might be a Swedish thing...

Scabrous Birdseed
05-01-2003, 17:12:50
I was hoping it'd be German.

Provost Harrison
05-01-2003, 18:00:23
Well it is thankfully expunged from memory if it ever existed there :D

Scabrous Birdseed
11-12-2006, 09:12:17
Ah-hah! I knew, I knew I wasn't imagining this. It's apparently "One and One" by 2 Live Crew. There ya go.

Funko
11-12-2006, 09:28:58
:lol:

Great perseverence

fp
11-12-2006, 14:06:37
Well thank God that's been cleared up.

Diss
19-12-2006, 22:49:13
:lol:

am I reading that right? 2003 to 2006?

wow. I'm stunned.

but at least now I can move on with life. The past 3 years not knowing that has been killing me.

paiktis
23-12-2006, 12:58:54
what was that which went:
call you on the phone but never get a rise, it's time you realize, i'm not your fooool
nobody's fooool nobody's foool
or
it's gonna be a long cold winter, long cold winter of your liiiife

some american band, very glam rock (hair and everything), affiliations to santriani

ah yes Cinderella. very stupid exactly what it was needed at that age.

(i found an old tape of them, i'm listening to it right now. porosis :D)

Diss
23-12-2006, 20:35:03
cinderella, but you already found that out. I actually knew that one. One of the few hair bands I kind of liked.

But as with most of them, they release a semi heavy first album, then really go soft. Though I did like long cold winter (their second album) a little bit. But really, they were a one hit wonder. Nobody's fool- their heaviest song.

paiktis
23-12-2006, 22:23:32
the songs aren't "stupid". we used to listen to them at maximum sound levels when in high school. i listened again and ok the style is pure '80s glam rock but the songs when you're in that vibe are good even more so now. the tape got screwed though. the stereo screwed it up. that was the last time i listened to it it seems. i'll go buy it in cd. the first two albums. nightsongs and long cold winter. :D