PDA

View Full Version : Age of Mythology

Aredhran
03-01-2003, 15:15:40
Got this as a Christmas present from my brother :)

Really nice game, I must say (although I've only played it for about 3-4 hours so far). I like it better than AoK, which I found too difficult to manage because of the tedious micromanagement of the villagers. In this one, at least with the Greeks, it seems much better. And I like the idea of the mythic creatures and special powers granted by gods.

Anybody here still playing that ? Now that I have ADSL, I might even be tempted to get my ass kicked on-line :D

Aredhran

maroule
03-01-2003, 15:23:03
played it at xmas on my step dad computer (he got it as a present, I find it funny that he should start computer gaming at the age of 55)

quite good indeed, you can play the greeks pretty much as a AoE faction, but the deeper you go, the better you are at seizing specific potential match winning tactics that really separate it from AoE. Besides, the gameplay between the 3 different factions is genuinely different. Very good game overall, but the gathering food/wood part is as always busting my balls.

Vincent
03-01-2003, 15:38:35
Originally posted by Aredhran
In this one, at least with the Geeks, it seems much better. Yep

Vincent
03-01-2003, 15:40:10
Originally posted by Aredhran
In this one, at least with the Geeks, it seems much better. Yep!

I love that game, especially the vikings

OldWarrior_42
04-01-2003, 09:09:58
Red, I have been playing this game since a few days after Thanksgiving. I have only played one random game though, as I have been playing the Campaign.

I have just started on The Norse part of the campaign.... scenario #20 or something like that.

I think it is an excellent game, but much more difficult to remember which units counter each other.

So basically I have spent time amassing an economy and attacking simply with numbers .. in the campaign.

The one Random game I played was a 2 vs. 2 . Me and a computer player vs. 2 computer players. Islands type game. Lots of ships. My type of game. :) Time enough to be isolated to build economy and lots of sea action.

After I finish the campaign and play several games of random, I'll get back to you on the challenge. But I don't have ADSL and that may pose a problem. We'll see.

By the way... my times for the first game I ever played... the random game... were 7:15... 15:43 ... and 21:01.

I'll have to improve but I think I can. I Still can't scout worth a shit though. :D

Shining1
05-01-2003, 02:00:22
I should get the patch and see if it works on my machine yet. I'm sure Rachel or Sean would be happy to kick anyone who wants to play online against other CGers.

Sean
05-01-2003, 02:02:02
Haven’t played it in ages. Also afraid to play without Map: revealed.

OldWarrior_42
05-01-2003, 03:05:30
Also afraid to play without Map: revealed.

Why be afraid? It's only a dumb game and you can't be any worse than I am. Trust me. :D

Ned, there'sa patch ? I didn't know. What's it fix?

Ah never mind that, I'll check . :)

Sean
05-01-2003, 13:56:08
Only a game? Surely you jest, sir.

Shining1
05-01-2003, 16:36:01
Tom never jests:)