PDA

View Full Version : Black & White

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
30-12-2002, 18:04:21
Picked up B&W and Creature Isle for cheap at EB over the weekend, due to the fact that I had a largish amount of cash burning a hole in my pocket and the games in question were "Previously Owned".

Unfortunately, the bargain was tempered by the fact that neither game came with a manual.

Now the question. For anyone who did purchase this game way back when it came out, were the manuals for either release in any way helpful? Anything in them that you can't just work out by messing around with it for a bit and doing the tutorials?

fp
30-12-2002, 18:56:48
The tutorials will tell you everything you need to know.

Tizzy
30-12-2002, 21:11:22
I only use the manuals to remind me of the shortcut keys - the tutorials have enough in them to tell you how to play

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
30-12-2002, 22:38:42
Good. Glad I'm not missing out on stuff like statistics tables, or Creature training tips. So far the hardest part about playing the game has been finding a site that still hosts the v1.10 patch - I eventually resorted to getting it from a Russian website I couldn't even read.

I also picked up a nice cheap copy of Counterglow Game of the Year, Morrowind. So I think I did pretty well this year, considering some of the turkeys I've been given in Christmases past :)

Darkstar
31-12-2002, 05:44:26
Did you try:
http://www2.bwgame.com/bw/DOWNLOADS

Nope. I guess not.

You could have found B&W official website using Google. It is the top result. Why did you need to go to a Russian language site to get the patch? You only need to hit the game cheats site, and the official one.

B&W, next generation. BLEAH!

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
31-12-2002, 20:52:43
I did go there, but on the weekend when I bought the game it was down for some inexplicable reason, and I really needed the patch since I was getting dumped to the desktop every time I ran the thing.

Yesterday I downloaded a fresh copy of the patch from bwgame.com because I suspected the Russian-site one was the beta patch. So all's well now.

Darkstar
01-01-2003, 04:25:37
Might have just been the routing then.

You get the football and chatter patches? All the extra animal avatars?

Resource Consumer
01-01-2003, 18:57:13
From experience the B&W CDs make good drinks coasters but you in sunnier climes can use them as frisbees. Far more fun than the apology for a game...

Sean
01-01-2003, 18:59:09
Don’t forget the fun to be had with the reflecting surface.

Darkstar
03-01-2003, 04:29:19
DVDs make better reflecting mirrors.