PDA

View Full Version : And of you play Zangand?

Jon Miller part Deux
20-12-2002, 03:37:22
well?

I have recently gotten into this game

Jon Miller

Sir Penguin
20-12-2002, 04:42:39
A lot of us do (or did). A while ago we had competitions to see who could get the same character the highest. I haven't played recently, since it's too addictive to play during exams.

SP

Jon Miller part Deux
20-12-2002, 06:04:45
here is a post of mine from apolyton:

I had a quite nice game going

my first ever with a magic user (I had to fighters who got to level 9-11), my character was a level 9 warrior-mage mindflayer and had a 6,+6 shield as his best equipment

andway, I venture down to level 3 (I had been there before, both with this character and with my other characters who made it past level 3 (most don't)) and what do I run into but a Greater Hell Beast

it just kicks my ass, and although I try a hail mary (shuffle), I die quickly (in fact, I spend most my magic trying to get away)

anybody else play this game? (any advice)

I was playing a mindflayer warrior mage with arcane and trump magic

Jon Miller

Jon Miller part Deux
20-12-2002, 06:05:27
I was told that the greater hell beast was nothign., and that I had killed myself by freaeking out (casting shuffle until I died)

Jon Miller

Sir Penguin
20-12-2002, 07:28:15
The greater hell beast is one of the most dangerous monsters in the game, in terms of sheer annoyance. They don't do any damage, but they have loads of HP, and they bore through walls. They're not so bad if you've got a character who can walk through walls, but anything else and the damn things get in the way constantly. I killed one once, with > a level 30 character with a big sword. They aren't worth the trouble. They are actually dangerous death-wise, but only because you get so sick of them getting in your way that you move out of your depth to avoid them (I actually stay on the surface until I can move past the GHB levels quickly).

SP

Sir Penguin
20-12-2002, 07:29:58
http://www.counterglow.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=5159&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

SP

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
20-12-2002, 16:28:43
Don't forget - you get a special artifact if you manage to kill one.

MDA
20-12-2002, 18:26:40
very trendy, no adventurer should be without one.

Darkstar
24-12-2002, 18:48:25
Hey, the boring can get you dead, pretty quick. Depending on what follows the beast...