PDA

View Full Version : Equilibrium

Ted
03-12-2002, 15:43:33
Anyone else going to see this movie? I've heard a lot of good things about it. (despite the christian bale thing) I'm really looking forward to seeing a decent Science Fiction movie that draws on the classics... though I'm kind of worried that it's being compared too much with fahrenheit 451.

I hope it turns out better than Minority report anyways...

Sean
03-12-2002, 16:08:13
Eh? Minority Report was a damn good film.

Ted
03-12-2002, 16:38:44
I'd give it a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5.

I just found it lacking and childish at times. And there were a few these little missed detials just stuck out much they made me cringe. Generaly I don't have a problem when a movie makes a little mistake in the plot/whatever but when a huge basis of your movie is this uber-secure system where everyone is traced and tracked by their eyes and you still allow a wanted criminal to all the secure sites he had access to before... it wouldn't even be that bad except that key plot points require it to progress the movie, and that even after the first time he gets in *they don't do anything to prevent it.*

I think what really got to me though was that the movie seemed more of a collage of speillburg movies. The look and feel of them just seemed cut and pasted not because it was good, but because speilburg could. Like from the cenima photography in the car shop (saving private ryan) to the "animal like" behavior of the drones (batteries not included) even the canned eyeball hummor (Indiana Jones and the Tempele of Doom.)

I'm not saying it was a bad movie. I'm just saying it didn't have consistiant enough a feel for me.

Sir Penguin
28-05-2003, 20:45:02
So, what did you think about Equilibrium, Ted?

SP