PDA

View Full Version : Games you (may have) overlooked

Darkstar
24-10-2002, 06:45:41
I've been thinking we might want to make a article or column of "Games you may have overlooked".

There are a lot of great games out there that, for one reason or another, got missed by the majority. Here's an example:

* Uplink - a game where you are a 'hacker' in a cyberpunk world. You take on various hacking tasks, making money for jobs well done, and cover your tracks to avoid being jailed. You upgrade your hacker tools (computer, software). A rather unique computer game. Categories: Puzzle, RPG. Platforms: Windows, Linux. For information on the game, check http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/ Demos are available.

I've got plenty more. And I'm sure so do *you*. So what about it?

King_Ghidra
24-10-2002, 08:34:54
why not have a 'game you may have missed of the week' and put it on the counterglow front page

Darkstar
24-10-2002, 08:41:05
I'm think this would be more of a limited series. And I don't want anything competing with the 'free game of the week' series running. (There is some overlap possible between the two.)

Other then that... No objections. :D

I think it might make a good column for the site... but I'm wondering how much material we have. If it isn't that much, then a simple article would suffice. If we find a good long bit, then a series, with credits (ok, you got me, straight quotes :D) to the posters submissions.

Darkstar
25-10-2002, 03:50:07
Another game you may have mised...

* Startopia - You are a manager of a space station. A big, round, doughnut shaped space station. It's been called Dungeon Keeper in space, and that's pretty close. Only, it down plays the fun of Startopia. In Startopia, you can grow stuff (and sell it), manufacture stuff (and sell it), and even sell your research. It's a very good RTS with priorities on managing and building, and not combat. (There is combat, but it's of the DK rally point intensity control level). If you *like* commercial wheeling dealing, or you like the general Dungeon Keeper kind of play, do yourself a favor and check this game out. (Being the economic and general sim city fan I am, I love this game.)
Web Site: http://www.muckyfoot.com/startopia/startopia.html
Demo available.
Platform: Windows

Beta1
30-10-2002, 23:59:05
HardWar and Independance War 2 - both good Elite style games.

IW2 also has a wide range of mods available so if theres something you dont like in the game someone has probably fixed it

Venom
31-10-2002, 03:23:33
God I hated I-War. Bad enough to not even try the second one.