PDA

View Full Version : SI Games in commercial exploitation shocker!

Nav
18-10-2002, 22:13:39
Enter in your diaries Thursday the 24th of October. This day brings you the long awaited first screenshots of Championship Manager 4, the latest in the series of hugely successful, social-life sapping, football management games.

The catch? The screenshots are only available on the 'Official Championship Manager magazine'. So if you wish to put even more money into the coffers of SI Games (recently named 'top computer games developer' for the second year running by the Sunday Times), you can buy the 20 page magazine, with a CD covermount featuring a 'rolling demo of the 2D match engine used in the game' for only £5.49. No I'm not going to provide a link.

Nav
18-10-2002, 22:18:48
Press release in full (almost)

Next Thursday (24th October 2002) will be the day you finally get a chance to see the most anticipated game of the decade (so far!) - Championship Manager 4. SI’s beautiful baby has been in development for a while and we’ve kept it a closely-guarded secret…until now.

The first ever Championship Manager 4 magazine to be released is your chance to sneak an exclusive look at the game and it's not too late to order your copy. Packed with a 20 page preview of CM4, including screenshots and interviews with the men at Sports Interactive, this is a mag that no serious CM fan can be without.

On the CD cover-mount you will find a 'rolling demo' of the new 2D match engine used in the game, allowing you to watch your team in action for the first time, analyse the goals, the moves, the set pieces - all from the comfort of your PC. That’s not all! The CD also gives you a FREE data update for CM 01/02 to bring the players and teams up to date.

The price of the magazine is as follows:

£5.49 for people in the UK
£7.49 for Europe + Eire
£8.49 for the rest of the world

Prices include postage and packaging.

All you need to do now, is grab your credit or debit card and visit the ordering page. If you live in the UK the CM mag will arrive on (or just before the 24th October), otherwise allow a few days for delivery.

Make sure you don't miss out on this fantastic magazine; order your copy today.

Sports Interactive
http://www.sigames.com

(all content from the cover CD should be available for download from our website, but the features are exclusive to the Official Championship Manager magazine)

It should be noted that an earlier press release said that the screenshots would be released on the website as well, but this appears to have been retracted by this release.

Resource Consumer
18-10-2002, 22:43:29
They can shove that....

Venom
19-10-2002, 03:37:23
What a load of shit.

Shining1
19-10-2002, 07:24:11
CM screenshots. Er. Forgive my ignorance, but I thought CM pretty much played like watching a very pretty, well organised spread sheet. You wouldn't want or need to see screenshots of the new version...

Nav
19-10-2002, 11:40:37
Oh but what a spreadsheet... :heart:

Shining1
19-10-2002, 23:49:49
No arguement there...

Funkodrom
20-10-2002, 09:24:33
The point is that the new version has a graphical match representation.

Shining1
20-10-2002, 09:50:05
That's quite an update:).

Funkodrom
20-10-2002, 10:20:27
Well they've always had the match engine underneath modeling where the players where and what they were doing. They are just displaying this to the manager now.

Sean
20-10-2002, 12:10:52
Originally posted by Shining1
CM screenshots. Er. Forgive my ignorance, but I thought CM pretty much played like watching a very pretty, well organised spread sheet. You wouldn't want or need to see screenshots of the new version...
They use the screenshots to highlight new features. I always look at a stats screen to see what’s changed.

moomin
20-10-2002, 14:34:12
What's the world coming to? Now they gonna trade friggen' screen shots on Kazaa?

Sean
20-10-2002, 14:51:15
Bah, surely not.

eDonket and SoulSeek are far superior.