PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 has gone gold

Darkstar
17-10-2002, 06:02:04
...Not that many would care here. Which is why I didn't post it as real news.

Roller Coaster Tycoon, a game that couldn't be knocked out of the top 10 games sold, month after month, for more then 2 and 1/2 years, until Inforgrames released RCT Gold, a compilation of the original RCT, and it's 2 expansion packs, which did knock out RCT from the top 10. RCT Gold itself remained in the top 10 until The Sims Octopus of releases took over half of the top 10.... leaving room only for the hottest of the hottest releases in the other spots.

RCT2 has gone gold, and is expected on store shelves Oct 25.

RCT2 has been repeatily reviewed as: A super paid for expansion. RCT2 uses the same graphics as the original, which causes it to get roundly drubbed by reviewers.

What's expected/been foretold as being in this super expansion? Everything in the first 3 games, plus more... more rides, more stores, more simmies doing silly things... more animations.

Other then that? Any advances? So far, we are told that it has a larger maximum play area, and the option everyone have demanded since second 1 of this game's life: the ability to design a coaster in pause. If it has this feature, this game will be well worth it to me.

I know something I'll be messing about with shortly after seeing this game on the shelf in my local software store.

Asher
17-10-2002, 06:10:35
What about those of us who already have it and played it?

It's nothing more than a RCT expansion. The graphics look identical.

It's still a great game though.