PDA

View Full Version : looking for cheap flights

GP
13-10-2002, 02:48:31
I have traditionally paid the airlines way too much money as I always procrastinate with tickets and rarely have the leisure to travel at the last minute. But for the near future, I am footloose and fancy free. Anybody have tips on taking advantage of last minute low-price tickets. I'm interested in trips from ATL to San Diego, CA; Washington, DC; and Chicago, IL. Would consider elsewhere if there was something driving me. But those 3 would be the top picks. Oh...maybe Austria too.

Resource Consumer
13-10-2002, 16:53:09
I usually use www.deckchair.com - seems to give most available options. However, may not be the rock bottom price as you need to be in the airline equivaleny of a fire-sale (1 day before etc on a slack route) to get that. Still, generally pretty reasonable though.

devilmunchkin
14-10-2002, 04:01:25
online seems to be the way to go...but only as far as in advance....you might try priceline at the LAST MINUTE cause they check with the airlines and might be able to get a real bargain for you..

Jon Miller part Deux
14-10-2002, 06:37:42
if you come to DC there should be a poly meet

Jon Miller

Sir Penguin
14-10-2002, 06:41:12
Just hang around the airport waiting for somebody who can't use their ticket.

SP

GP
14-10-2002, 17:35:14
JM,

I'll be up there for the holidays. Let you know when. I want to see Adam Smith and DanS again also.