PDA

View Full Version : Qweeg

Lady_of_Chicken
08-08-2002, 18:26:24
Yay!

Sending something your way--finally. Check your email.

Hope it helps.

:) LoC

Qweeg
09-08-2002, 13:29:39
Got, Preciated, Thanks alot :D

Darkstar
10-08-2002, 04:46:29
:cry:

Lady_of_Chicken
11-08-2002, 00:24:29
*white flag!*

Hi Darkstar! Miss you!

Seems like since we last spoke I have been flooded with more things thank I know what to do. Took me, what, two MONTHS to read Qweeg's stuff?

I am looking forward to reading the things you shared with me this week--I always enjoy a good story, and yours have that campfire feel. :)

Kids are back to school--JOY JOY JOY

A site I hang out decided to close their message board to better focus on the info they provide, so I helped set up a new one...which is really a VERY SIMPLE new site, so now I have all kinds of things to learn and keep busy with, though for a while there I was dreaming in code. You should see Qaj role his eyes when I was doing my happy dance because I can make links. I am the linkmaster! Wait...that doesn't sound right... :p

How ya been?

Darkstar
13-08-2002, 04:21:50
Hey Lady Dona!

You are the linkmaster? You are the master of sausage now? :D

You doing basic HTML, ASP, PHP, what? We got some web coders around here, you know. In case you want to ask questions and Qaj is tired of being asked/not around at the moment/busy.

I'm doing alright. I finally went to the Doc about my sore throat. It's been sore for almost 3 months, bouncing up and down. The doc took a look at it and said, "It's nothing. Come back next week, and we will see if it's turned into something." That and something I said in a flame war have become my favorite sayings at the moment. (I was arguing/debating with a gent about about the nature of Intelligence... I told him 'You can teach a cat to crap in a commode, but that doesn't make it any more Intelligent.' He disagrees)

Other then that? Same ole same ole...

So, with the kids back to school... does this mean you will have more time for foruming? :D

Lady_of_Chicken
13-08-2002, 06:15:05
*LOL* Darkstar, you got me laughing pretty good there. Only YOU would take the time to (sorry, laughing so hard I am crying) to tell somebody that teaching a cat where to crap doesn't make the cat smarter. The rest of us would just give the guy up as a lost cause!

(Ow, my sides.) Oh, you are too much. :)

So, the jousting scene is pretty slow these days, ay? Poor DS, reduced to cat crapping arguments! (Still laughing...oh, I needed that after the day I have had with this SIMPLE little idea and a SIMPLE little message board. Sheeesh!)

You know, it would be one thing if I were doing apologetics--you expect that sort of thing when you are arguing religion. But all we are is a bunch of moms pms-ing or swapping recipes or giving hugs to help each other to get through the madness of raising kids with a shred of dignity left and a peck of godliness.

Trippin did some research and the site that was bombing us is actually more clever than I thought. Well, let's just say they can crap in a commode.

Ah, but will I get to forum again...you mean hang out at CG? I hope so! I thought after setting the site up we'd have some down time this week. Noooooooo.

Hope your sore throat get sbetter soon. Ever swallow vinegar and honey together? It's supposed to help (that and gargling with salt water).

I did post on the story thread, your turn, or anyone else that wants to go.

Oh, yeah, back to the site...I believe I am using html on my frontpage. It's my itty bitty creation and if you view the source you can laugh at my chicken scratch coding.

It's good to know I can pester people for help. A lot of times I just go around and view other people's sites and figure things out that way. It's slow, but I'm learning!

They think I am a God at cmomc.com because I can do this...and they are finding the on switch on their computers. Expertise is relative sometimes, isn't it. :D

Pretty soon it will be somebody else's turn to 'shine' and I can be a hermit again. :) :)

Darkstar
13-08-2002, 07:01:56
Expertise is always relative. At work, most people are experts on their subject because they once say it spelled. (Oracle, SQL, C, yadda yadda blah)

A lot of times I just go around and view other people's sites and figure things out that way. It's slow, but I'm learning!

There's another way? That's how I learned to do HTML. Some people call it piracy. Professionals call it re-use. :D

Glad you had a laugh. I say your thread in main forum. That sucks. But then, so many people seem to enjoy pissing on the moms when they think they can get away with. It's sad.

I've seen your addition. Liked it a lot. Hoped you had a moment away from the world, writing that. Sounds like you could use one.

I thought you'd like the line about cats and commodes. :D

Lady_of_Chicken
13-08-2002, 07:22:53
Piracy???????

But I don't copy, I just read to learn what they are doing. It's a whole new world. And you can tell by my code I haven't copied much...not very much anyway. :p

Well!

Darkstar
13-08-2002, 07:37:06
No worries about that, Lady.

I'll look forward to checking out your work, when I'm more properly awake.

Deacon
13-08-2002, 08:20:39
It's only piracy if you jack their design and graphics, or either one of those. Or if you reproduce content verbatim.

Darkstar
13-08-2002, 08:33:52
That's just reuse. Unless you jack the whole thing. If I take their javascript rollover, for instance, no worries. Although I suppose some particular copyrighted stuff (Like Mickey Mouse iconed buttons) can get you in deep.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
16-08-2002, 04:42:26
Darkstar is right. A cat isn't more intelligent if you can get it to crap in a toilet. Getting it to flush afterwards, though, is another thing entirely...

Sean
16-08-2002, 09:50:19
Originally posted by Darkstar
That's just reuse. Unless you jack the whole thing. If I take their javascript rollover, for instance, no worries.
Surely that is also protected by copyright law if they made it.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
16-08-2002, 22:26:23
The images, sure. But if there's no other way to do something other than follow the somewhat strict syntax, you can't say it's stealing their intellectual property. It's like when Commodore tried to patent XOR functions because they used one to flash their cursor.

Qweeg
22-08-2002, 11:15:37
I must say, it is good to see a sensible conversation taking place under my name for a change. Do continue.

Lady_of_Chicken
29-08-2002, 08:10:29
Don't mind if I do, Qweeg....

So Qaj and Darkstar, what if the cat reads the newspaper while crapping and THEN flushes?

Qweeg
29-08-2002, 13:56:24
then it is a short hairy man. or woman. with pretty eyes. and a tail.