PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park - Reanimation

MattHiggs
06-08-2002, 11:16:06
I just purchased Reanimation today after hearing the newly remixed Points of Authority song (PTS.OF.ATHRTY) on Much Music and loving it. I've got to say, this CD is a completely different side of Linkin Park. It ranges from hip hop to techno, has some good noisy sounds and always carries a good definitive beat.

For my particular tastes, this CD fits the bill. Keep an open mind people, I doubt I'm alone in saying that I'm just a little sick of people walking in and completely trashing some music that they aren't feeling and loading it with terrible reasoning. Music is very much in the ear of the beholder.

FunkyFingers
06-08-2002, 11:49:32
I saw this in the shops yesterday and was tempted, if mainly by the picture on the front that looks like a Transformer...

MattHiggs
06-08-2002, 11:52:59
This...

Funkodrom
06-08-2002, 12:21:04
Kerrang gave it a really bad review. OTOH they are generally really down on these remix albums.

Linkin Park aren't quite my thing but there's nothing wrong with them other than the band members being very boring. The video for the remix single is really good though

MattHiggs
06-08-2002, 14:04:17
Most of the remixes are really, really good. Almost all are better than the original songs. There is like an inherent theme throughout all of the tracks. Can't really describe it very well. It's very ...relaxing like: wind, outdoor noises etc...

FunkyFingers
06-08-2002, 14:19:19
got any mp3s of it?

it's a cracking cd cover, which Transformer is it?

MattHiggs
06-08-2002, 14:29:38
I'll PM you a link for your backup needs ;)

I just bought a mini-disc player that can upload mp3, wma etc... files through USB so I have about 20GB of mp3s now :)

*End Is Forever*
06-08-2002, 18:41:58
If all the remixes are better... then it begs the question, why didn't they mix it like that in the first place? The new video for Points of Authority looks quite impressive, but it seems to bear no relevence to anything, and in the end gets quite boring as it's nothing more than repetitive "pretty animation"...

Funkodrom
06-08-2002, 18:53:45
These aren't standard remixes where they take the original tracks and literally remix them, they are more like dance remixes where they take elements of the original recordings and make something different out of them.

Whether they are better or not depends on your point of view I think.

Stereotypical Teen
19-08-2002, 13:49:30
A 2nd album of originals might have been more appropriate before releasing the 1st and only album again remixed.

*End Is Forever*
27-08-2002, 21:17:37
You know for a stereotypical teen you made quite a good point...

*End Is Forever*
27-08-2002, 21:18:06
In fact, it's an excellent point. Can I hear "cash-in" anyone?

Mightytree
24-09-2002, 23:48:56
I bought this today and I think it's excellent. I'm really tempted to also buy Hybrid Theory now. Hmmm ...

Provost Harrison
27-09-2002, 19:01:09
I echo Iain's point here...smells of profiteering to me...

Never been a fan of Linkin Park, so if I never had a slight urge to buy Hybrid Theory, I most certainly don't have any kind of urge to buy this remix album.

I won't get too critical, I wouldn't want to offend Matts sensibilities :p

The Shaker
27-09-2002, 19:12:32
People do it, people buy it.
NIN've got shit loads of remix stuff out there, personally I think most of it is really good. Yeah its profiteering, but that's what the music industry does best.
If it's shit, don't buy it.
And it's got a big picture of a transformer on the front.

Sean
27-09-2002, 19:28:06
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
I echo Iain's point here...smells of profiteering to me...
Well, yeah, but you can’t ignore the value of a good remix. For instance, the Philip Glass/Aphex/Bowie remix of Heroes was pretty entertaining.