PDA

View Full Version : Interplay turns to the darkside

Shining1
07-12-2001, 01:41:37
Just discovered that interplay, publisher best known for great RTSs (like Fallout and Baldur's Gate), has both split with bioware, who are working on Neverwinter Nights, and also cancelled Fallout Tactics 2. For some reason, they are losing all their good developers.

Another successful company that is being destroyed by bad management? Or developers getting too big for their boots?

No longer Trippin
07-12-2001, 15:12:51
I haven't heard anybody say anything good about fallout tactics, so the cancelling of the second one can't be looked on as bad. They still have Black Isle, as they are Interplay employees. Who is Bioware under now for a distributor?

Beta1
07-12-2001, 17:55:04
OK then Fall out Tactics does not feature jar jar binks

Now you have heard someone say something good about it.

Actually I would quite like him in it. I'll show that floppy tongued git what a BoS trooper with an laser rifle can do :shoot:

Darkstar
09-12-2001, 09:56:52
I may be having a brain hiccup, but BLACK ISLE is the makers of Neverwinter Nights, aren't they? It's all over their site...

And I've seen the news about Interplay and the MAKER of Neverwinter Nights parting ways. Although as I remember the news, they said Bio-ware as well.

Now I'm thoroughly confused on this... Is Black Isle = Bio-ware?

No longer Trippin
09-12-2001, 21:45:49
Black Isle is a subsidiary of Interplay. Bioware is a seperate company altogether from Interplay.

DaShi
17-12-2001, 11:31:26
Bioware is making nwn. Currently they undecided about a new publisher. They may just publish it itself, like Square did with the Final Fantasy series. But I doubt it, because Bioware isn't that big yet. Still, I hope it doens't affect the release date.