PDA

View Full Version : NWN: Bugs me.

MDA
10-07-2002, 13:38:34
1. If my inventory is full and I switch my bow in for sword and mace, I drop my sword. The second time this happened to me I didn't notice the message saying you can't pick anything more up - which is the engine's way of telling you you've dropped your sword - nevermind that taking your bow out of inventory leaves more than enough room for the sword. - the game puts your sword and mace back into inventory first, then equips the bow.

Even if you do notice before leaving the map and losing the sword (only a +1 longsword so far, I'd hate to lose the stun mace I've got), you can no longer use the offhand weapon - that's right!

Try hitting the hotkey to get your sword/mace back in hand - nothing happens. Realizing you've dropped the sword somewhere, you try equipping the mace alone directly from your inventory. You can't, somethings fucked up, you can click on the mace, try clicking and dragging, but nothing happens.

Shit.

2. How many game like this come without an autosave when you enter new maps? If there's an autosave, I'd love to know where to find it.

As the game progresses, my frustration level is increasing. You think I'd learn after a few hours of playing to save often.

If I drop a +3 uber-sword of iron will and lose it forever, because Bioware couldn't handle inventory shuffling, I'm going to freak.

Still like the game/story itself, but its got some mechanical issues.

Toolset is good, working on a short mod that I'll probably never finish. :)

Mightytree
10-07-2002, 15:41:11
1. All I can say about this is ... you managed to get your inventory full?! Absolutely amazing. I never even came close, the most I had was halfway full.

2. AFAIK there is an autosave if you enter a map for the first time.

DaShi
10-07-2002, 16:44:51
Originally posted by MDA
[B]1. If my inventory is full and I switch my bow in for sword and mace, I drop my sword. The second time this happened to me I didn't notice the message saying you can't pick anything more up - which is the engine's way of telling you you've dropped your sword - nevermind that taking your bow out of inventory leaves more than enough room for the sword. - the game puts your sword and mace back into inventory first, then equips the bow.

Even if you do notice before leaving the map and losing the sword (only a +1 longsword so far, I'd hate to lose the stun mace I've got), you can no longer use the offhand weapon - that's right!

Baulder's Gate has a similar problem. Couldn't have an off-hand weapon with a bow. THough you could with a crossbow. Switching weapons in NWN is far more convenient though. I'd recommend getting a backpack. There's one in the prison or the Beggar's nest, but I don't remember exactly. All I know is that it allowed me to carry heavy items without the encumberance penalties.

2. How many game like this come without an autosave when you enter new maps? If there's an autosave, I'd love to know where to find it.

As the game progresses, my frustration level is increasing. You think I'd learn after a few hours of playing to save often.

Press G. It's on that little card with the keystrokes and status symbols. Took me a while to find it too.

MDA
10-07-2002, 21:03:33
If I got rid of all the fairy dust and gargoyle skulls, I'd only have half my inventory full, but I had this huge inventory, so I figured why not? They're only 0.5 pounds? each. I have 3 backpacks :) (they're empty, I just pack them with loot and sell it at the temple)

So G is like a quickload key? Strange place for it, I guess I'll have to put on my glasses and see what else is on that postage stamp of a quick reference card.

Shining1
11-07-2002, 07:07:24
You get rid of the fairy dust and gargoyle skulls by getting the dwarf at the Shining Knight armour place to build cool items for you:).

G is quicksave, IIRC. Somewhat different to quick load. I hope that's what you meant.

Otherwise, yeah, I agree with MT. Filling your whole inventory is quite an achievement! You must have some really crap in there!:)

MDA
11-07-2002, 14:15:23
OK, so that's quicksave - I found an "autosave" last night - but I'm not sure when those are triggered - every new map or every new ROAD map and not on cave entrances? I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

I may have been looking through the save game list for autosave the first time instead of the load game list. Stupid, but that's not unusual :)

Roland
11-07-2002, 16:31:12
This place looks safe.....

:nervous:

Funkodrom
11-07-2002, 16:34:03
:shoot: 8