PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager

Lazarus and the Gimp
03-07-2002, 19:03:03
Any CM players here? If so, who are your favourite players?

Mine...

Danny Tiatto- Always seems to play above his stats. He's brilliant on the left wing- he can tackle well and gets assists by the hatful. He's also good on free-kicks and penalties, and doesn't moan.

Mike Duff- A real bargain in lower-division games. A fast, hard-tackling right-sided defender who's dirt cheap.

Butra- Again, a low-division player. Available on a free at the start and can rack up goals paired with a natural striker.

Antonio Gallieri- Quickly trains up to be a very useful striker.

Funkodrom
03-07-2002, 19:04:09
Traditional CM good players question 1. What version?

Sean
03-07-2002, 19:16:26
For which version? If we are talking a base 01/02 install, then:

Forwards
Emile Mpenza (Schalke 04) if you’re a big club in need of goals.
Roque Santa Cruz (Bayern Munich) if you have the patience to spend £20m then wait five years for him to become brilliant.
Julius Aghahowa (Shaktar) if you are a medium-sized club, but grab him quickly.
Roman Vasilyuk (Spartak Moscow) is a very direct, powerful striker.
If you are in the lower leagues, just scum the surface for cheap players. Look in places like Greece, Portugal, and Sweden. Eldar Hadzimemedovic (Lyn) can be fairly useful down there.

Midfielders
The cream of the crop is Patrick Vieira (Arsenal). He will cost about £30m and £100,000/week, but if you have the cash, go for it.
Predrag Djordjevic (Olympiakos) can usually be picked up for less than £1m, and is a very good player. Top-scored for my Atalanta team one season from centre midfield, allowing me to sell him on for £10m.
Assan N’Diaye (Shaktar) is a good alternative to Vieira.
My brain has run out of midfielders.

Defenders
Both Jonathan Zebina (Roma) and Christian Panucci (Roma on loan) should be available for about £2m at the start, and can be invaluable to your team. Zebina is better in the middle, Panucci is better bombing down the right.
Speaking of which, Fulham never seem to play Steven Finnan. This is a mistake, as he is one of the best wing-backs available.
Tommy Jonsson (Halmstad?) and Ivan Hurtado are excellent free-kick taking centre backs available on the cheap.
Marco Antonio Sandy is Bolivia’s answer to Colin Hendry, another player invaluable lower down, and a snip at about £12,000.

Lazarus and the Gimp
03-07-2002, 19:21:46
I always try to sign Agahowa, but Mr Work Permit usually objects. Bastard.

Sean
03-07-2002, 19:22:59
You don’t need to manage in Britain the whole time. Italy has no work permits or restrictions on non-EU players :bounce:.

Oh, Pablo Aimar and Javier Saviola. They aren’t bad.

Funkodrom
03-07-2002, 19:23:57
I got in there with which version before you there Sean. 3-2. :D

Sean
03-07-2002, 19:25:04
That was 12 minutes away, it can’t count :p.

Funkodrom
03-07-2002, 19:32:07
You took too long writing all that long post. :D

Resource Consumer
04-07-2002, 09:43:47
I usually play lower league stuff and have to pick up a lot of players on freebies - I mean who else would want to play for Woking.

Anyway, Scandinavians are cheap and plentiful :

Rajko Lekic, Kjetil Engen are good signings as is Sebastian Larsson if you are running a yoof policy. If you are looking for a quality player with a bit more experience and good dribbling and ball skills then it is worth grabbing Woking's Scott Huckerby - class player and one that it is often hard to hang on to.

Lazarus and the Gimp
08-07-2002, 20:06:42
Christer Persson is good, but he usually wants about £8K wages.

Snapcase
08-07-2002, 21:57:50
Tommy Jönsson is indeed Halmstad. He's actually doing well in the real league too...