PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2: Best Finds

The Mad Monk
03-12-2001, 04:58:18
What are the best items you found to date in Diablo 2 / LoD?

In an odd twist of fate, most of the most useful items I have are imbued...

In terms of recognized value, I have a Jalal's Mane that I pulled out of the golden chest in the Crypt in Act I Hell, and a Dwarf Star the origin of which eludes me.

I have never owned an SoJ. :o

Mightytree
03-12-2001, 14:32:27
The best item I've found in 2 years of D2? Oh my ...

The only really good one I can remember now is a rare ammy with:

+1 Barb
6% Mana Leech
Prismatic
+40 Life

That was quite useful. :)

MDA
03-12-2001, 16:47:54
How useful are the set items - green - collect them set and what happens?

My current best is a broadsword +100% damage, +100 attack, ~15 fire damage?, knockback, there's a fifth mod... hmm. Those are the important ones.

but I only just started Act2 nightmare :)

C.G.B. Spender
03-12-2001, 16:58:29
i never found a complete set of items.

MDA
03-12-2001, 20:09:22
Well, that tells me something, doesn't it?

The Mad Monk
04-12-2001, 10:46:59
Yes, it tells us he has a life. :)

I have completed a half dozen sets. :(

MDA
04-12-2001, 21:41:04
AAARGH! You mean I can't have a life and a cool set?

What do complete sets usually supply in terms of extra abilities?

Nevermind, found a site that lists them - even partial sets have bonuses.

LadyRachel
05-12-2001, 00:30:10
Best useable finds, I'm assuming. My Sorc has a *very* irritating habit of gambling up nice rare amulets - with +Necro skills instead of +Sorc skills. Dammit! :bash:

Best current finds are the Lidless Wall and Skin of the ViperMagi, along with a +2 skills Sorc orb with +1 to Lightning Mastery that was gifted by Anya. Still holding out hope that I will find the Oculus, though. *crosses fingers*

Resource Consumer
05-12-2001, 00:50:32
So you don't still have the +300 lurker helmet?

(obviously)

Shining1
05-12-2001, 03:32:09
My best find so far in LoD would be the 1.09 BloodLetter - that sword is awesome. And between us, Rachel and I have all of Sigon's Complete Steel (pre 1.08, though:().

The Mad Monk
05-12-2001, 09:26:37
I managed to find the entire Sigon's twice over--except for the most important item.

Lots of tower shields, never one in green...:(

Skin of the Vipermagi is cool. I haven't had much luck with the unique armors, LoD or classic.

MDA: do you mean diabloii.net? If not, try it.

BigGameHunter
05-12-2001, 18:07:13
+12 Butt plug
Girdle of Fart Supression
Hammer of Hammering (+10 against undead nails)
Axe of Kindling
Screwdriver of Infinite Screwing (handy in the taverns)

MDA
05-12-2001, 20:31:45
Nobody likes a smartass!:lol:

I linked to this place from battle.net - Arreat Summit.

I think I tried diabloii.net, but couldn't be bothered to register.

Mightytree
05-12-2001, 20:42:20
Oh my, you really posted a link on the battle.net forums? That's the saddest bunch of teenie idiots there I've ever seen. Diabloii.net is better, but really everything's better than the battle.net forums. Probably the best place for D2 discussion is the www.lurkerlounge.com. Yes, their forums are open again.

BigGameHunter
06-12-2001, 00:39:12
Should I buy it?
How does it compare to Heroes of Might and Magic? I think the version I have is VII. Not bad...but too many friggin' quests that seem impossible to finish due to character creation errors that can't be fixed.

Shining1
06-12-2001, 07:51:51
Might and Magic has nothing to do with Diablo2. Think a cross between the ancient text game Moria, and Golden Axe, and you have a vague idea of Diablo2.

Character creation is progressive instead of all being done at the start. You get skill points to assign as you level up, and it is very very easy to misspend them in the many crap or redundant skills that each character has.

Essentially, the game is all hack and slash, and is about building a cool character with good items. Nothing more fulfilling than that.

MDA
06-12-2001, 16:46:57
Originally posted by Mightytree
Oh my, you really posted a link on the battle.net forums? That's the saddest bunch of teenie idiots there I've ever seen. Diabloii.net is better, but really everything's better than the battle.net forums. Probably the best place for D2 discussion is the www.lurkerlounge.com. Yes, their forums are open again.

No, I didn't look at their forums for more than about 2 minutes, they gave me a headache. I just clicked the strategy banner and the link to Arreat Summit came up. Looked like a pretty old site.

The Mad Monk
06-12-2001, 19:31:27
Originally posted by Mightytree

Ah, good--I've always enjoyed lurking there.

I take they found an AnnC?

MDA
06-12-2001, 19:34:27
how badly do I want LoD?
Classic seems fine to me - are classic players screwed over too badly by not having access to the goodies in LoD?

C.G.B. Spender
06-12-2001, 19:50:41
I had to reinstall D2 and lost my characters, so I installed LoD and started with a new characters. The biggest pro is IMO the higher resulution, you can spot enemies earlier.
In SP you can now trade items to the NPCs and revive them. They can be very helpful that way, if you got some good stuff. There are several new concepts like runes and two more character classes. The 5. act on the other side was a bit slow on my 750MHz machine and it's a little too short, but interesting. Overall it's OK

Mightytree
07-12-2001, 00:59:25
No, I didn't look at their forums for more than about 2 minutes, they gave me a headache. I just clicked the strategy banner and the link to Arreat Summit came up. Looked like a pretty old site.

Actually I sometimes read it for fun. Reminds you how relatively good Poly is. ;)

Ah, good--I've always enjoyed lurking there. I take they found an AnnC?

Well, I guess you could say so. I just haven't found out yet how AnnCish that guy really is.

how badly do I want LoD? Classic seems fine to me - are classic players screwed over too badly by not having access to the goodies in LoD?

I prefer classic myself but it depends on what kind of player you are. If you are or used to be one of those elite old farts guys that had 20 80+ chars in classic then don't buy it. You'll very soon start missing the old days (god, I feel old :)). If you're not, then you will have fun with LoD. I'm aussiming here that you're playing Multiplayer. If you're playing SP, then it's LoD anyway. Go buy it. From a neutral point of view, it's a very good expansion.

The biggest pro is IMO the higher resulution, you can spot enemies earlier.

Well, I never got the higher resolution thing to work. About 1 min after I switched it all became really choppy and I had to restart LoD for it to stop.

C.G.B. Spender
07-12-2001, 09:16:24
Works fine for me, but I got an old Rage 128 card ...

MDA
07-12-2001, 21:19:07
I've been playing online, but single player. Seems like masturbation to me, I'm trying to catch up with a couple of friends from work so we can continue together. I need to get up to the early 20's, which wouldn't be a problem except my ISP longterm connection is often saturated with traffic in the evenings (as opposed to their much more accessible 30 minute short term connection, which is only good for checking mail, really.). I suppose I could try a few months of "free" access with some of those ads I'm always getting, but I don't want the accompanying spam.

I think the resolution will be fine with a geforce 3, don't you?

C.G.B. Spender
07-12-2001, 21:50:24
The Rage is an old one, so I guess it will. I did some online SP as well, since I got a flatrate, so I don't mind the online time. Thinking about it we could do some MP together ..

The Mad Monk
08-12-2001, 07:27:22
Originally posted by MDA
I've been playing online, but single player. Seems like masturbation to me, I'm trying to catch up with a couple of friends from work so we can continue together. I need to get up to the early 20's, which wouldn't be a problem except my ISP longterm connection is often saturated with traffic in the evenings (as opposed to their much more accessible 30 minute short term connection, which is only good for checking mail, really.). I suppose I could try a few months of "free" access with some of those ads I'm always getting, but I don't want the accompanying spam.

I think the resolution will be fine with a geforce 3, don't you?

Try joinining a few MP games--either 'exp' games, or a few low level questing games. As long as other party members are killing in the same area, you'll be getting exp even if you are lagging out; as long as you make a legitimate effort to to help out when not lagged cold, they shouldn't object when you can't help.