PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous pimpage of my championship manager 2001/02 team.

King_Ghidra
11-06-2002, 12:50:43
Well here we go, into season 9 (2009-2010) as Fiorentina manager.
So far the serie A title has been split 4 each to me and Roma, and i start the new season as champions.
Actually Roma have just had their manager sacked after a mediocre last season, so i am hoping that the wheels have come off their challenge now.
My real goal is still the European Cup. I've managed three semi-final defeats and one final defeat and i could happily retire if i just bagged it.
I had a brief spell combing florence with the France manager's job, but after qualifying them for the european championships of 2008 i got seriously fucking bored with it.

You really do reap the benefits of this game the further in you get. It may be sad but i guess i actually am proud of my guys.
People like:

Mirsad Hasic - Bosnian/Swedish striker who has been in the team since day one as a 17 yr old reserve

Gennaro Barile - My super goalie, captain of the team and twice european goalkeeper of the year. He always thanks his manager when he wins an award.

Gonzalo Moran - Hard nosed Uruguayan/Italian defender who I spent months in contract disputes with, but has been a rock ever since.

Gianni Carbone - left wing wizard who on one occasion attempted 20 dribbles in one game

I could go on...

I love this game :love:

Debaser
11-06-2002, 13:40:01
Is this supposed to be read as a desperate cry for help?

Venom
11-06-2002, 13:51:59
No, his avatar is his cry for help.

Sean
11-06-2002, 16:24:07
Hah, Arjen Robben. Snapped him up from Groningen after PSV ran out of money, and boy did he get good by the fifth season, when he was still in his early twenties.

Also, Mauro Costa, from my Atalanta youth acamdemy, could play anywhere in midfield or defence.

Love it!