PDA

View Full Version : Elite: Dangerous

Finn Willi (5)
17-12-2014, 21:15:04
Pretty old-school, yes. You manually have to dock and sinc with the station's rotation etc. Feels a lot like original Elite. Only much more easy, more playable. I never failed a single docking yet. Of course, I have got the smallest possible ship, but in the first game crashing was an essential bit of the game. Nowadays docking is pretty easy...

Giant map. 3 D even. Difficult. Confusing. Looks great though (if I ever manage to deal with the scales and such it might even be useful).

Menus and interface look cool and unique. And one day I will learn how to use them using my keyboard and NOT my mouse!

Atmosphere is great. Entering and leaving a station is always an exciting moment!

Story: none. Do some quests. Start with "Deliver X from A to B." The most thrilling part is finding the destination. There are other missions too, but "Kill 7 pirates" seemed a bit too much for me.

There are three modes: multiplayer (online), co-op or solo. Onl tried solo by now (you need to log in though). You see bots flying around, which is fine with me, and they didn't try to kill me yet. I don't need real players with shit names and agressive "strategies". Maybe multiplayer can be more fun, but I didn't dare trying it yet

By now i give it a 8/10!

C.G.B. Spender
18-12-2014, 20:10:18
I downlaoded it. I need a Joystick, otherwise it's not Elite.

Finn Willi (5)
19-12-2014, 22:03:03
What is your in-game name?

I died twice by now, only because things were a bit bugged. But seems patch 1.03 has fixed it! :D

Beta1
20-12-2014, 20:24:29
Quite excited about this. Although why they went for Elite:Dangerous as a name I have no idea.

It wasn't hard to get to dangerous ranking in the original, deadly was quite difficult and Elite was bloody hard.

Still at least here you lot are old enough to remember hte original. The kids on the games design course at my school study were born at least 15 years after elite first came out...

MOBIUS
22-12-2014, 10:33:24
Thinking about it, but not so much time these days :(

Finn Willi (5)
22-12-2014, 11:48:07
You need time. As in most remakes, the pace is almost as slow as it was back then. Travelling within larger systems is worse then flying in WoW. You can go to the toilet at least twice.