PDA

View Full Version : My Dream

RedFred
23-11-2014, 20:51:46
I think most children have vivid, sometimes terrifying, dreams. By early adulthood most of us have learned to tame their dreams, even direct them into a positive direction. As people age it can become more difficult to maintain that connection with their subconscious and they tend to remember less and less of their dreams. I always try to remember my dreams. It is fun to be in a place where rules about time, causality, scale and logic do not always apply.

In my dream last night I was walking on ice. My right foot always gripped the ice and my left foot sometimes gripped and sometimes felt completely frictionless causing me to wipe out. Then I remember I was sweeping the ice like mad even though it was clean.

This is my first season curling and it is the strangest sport I ever played.

Koshko
23-11-2014, 21:00:52
Curling is one of those Olympic sports that no one actually 'wants' to watch, buy you end up watching for a period of time.

RedFred
24-11-2014, 06:52:15
I enjoy it on TV - but partly because I understand it somewhat.

More dangerous than I thought though.

Three weeks ago my wife and I got proper curling shoes and so we do not have to use the slider any more. First day she wiped out sweeping (with the gripper on, no less) and cracked the back of her head. There was blood and she had to get stitched up but their main fear was concussion, a relatively common curling injury. Fortunately she has a thick skull and experienced no symptoms of concussion.

I have had a few bumps and bruises but more when I was using the slider to throw rocks.

Finn Willi (5)
24-11-2014, 08:43:53
Don't you think you should go see a doctor? Having dreams about curling seems like something really bad to me...

Funko
24-11-2014, 08:49:54
Curling is one of those Olympic sports that no one actually 'wants' to watch, buy you end up watching for a period of time.

I actually want to watch it.

And because it's really entertaining, not because it is just about the only Winter Olympic sport we have anyone vaguely competitive in.

The Mad Monk
24-11-2014, 14:47:53
Curling is great stuff.

zmama
24-11-2014, 21:32:33
Dream dream dream. For me if they use a zamboni it must be good!

C.G.B. Spender
24-11-2014, 21:59:19
I actually want to watch it.

And because it's really entertaining, not because it is just about the only Winter Olympic sport we have anyone vaguely competitive in.

You also like SM's Civ BE

Finn Willi (5)
25-11-2014, 00:33:02
He's got a point there...

But I like watching curling too. The polishing guy is great fun to watch.

Funko
25-11-2014, 17:08:42
You also like SM's Civ BE

Civ BE is not as good as Curling. Obviously.

When's Sid Meier's Sim Curling coming out?

Fistandantilus
25-11-2014, 22:49:16
Broom simulator does probably exist and it's obviously developed by some german software house.

Some modding work on that engine could do the trick.

Qaj the Fuzzy Love Worm
25-11-2014, 23:37:35
I never remember my dreams, except for the odd occasion every blue moon when I'll recover a fragment, but that is typically lost to me in short order.

Funko
26-11-2014, 09:45:01
Broom simulator does probably exist and it's obviously developed by some german software house.

Some modding work on that engine could do the trick.

We've hit peak boring simulator.