PDA

View Full Version : 38 weeks of Pure Hell - Fantasy Premier League 14/15

Pages : [1] 2 3

Funko
17-07-2014, 08:30:40
IT'S BACK!

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I've renewed the league so anyone in last year should get added automatically. For any n00bs the code is 46922-15029

MoSe
17-07-2014, 12:13:34
38 WEEKS!!! Starting 16 August!!!
Nooorwaay... I could barely afford giving up 4 :D

We have a full player list (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/) you can view and print
STOP TEMPTING ME!!! :lol:

Funko
17-07-2014, 12:34:46
You know you want to.

Plus the game actually works and they give you lots of statistics, so most of the work you did is done for you already.

MoSe
17-07-2014, 12:46:50
which takes me away most of teh fun! ;)

MoSe
17-07-2014, 13:06:08
first things I see:
(rules & scoring differences apart)

5-2-3 is allowed!

most expensive 15 (ignoring 3ppt) 131.5m
cheapest 15 (idem) 64m
with just 3 outfield autosubs available, you'll still have to find & choose someone who has a chance to earn some points, not a regular bench-(or stands-)sitter...

naaahhh... besides, I know barely nothing about EPL players except top ones, and I know I'd force mysel to stay at the office till 9PM on fridays, or to play last changes mainly from mobile, for which I should purchase the app....

zmama
17-07-2014, 13:56:27
You know you want to!!

Funko
17-07-2014, 14:05:34
The mobile website is really good, last year there wasn't an app.

MoSe
17-07-2014, 16:10:41
could I join in, say... at gameweek 8 ? :cute:

Funko
17-07-2014, 19:59:34
Yes. You can use that code to join at any week. I think it's already been proven a couple of times that starting at week 2 can be better than starting at week 1.

Fistandantilus
18-07-2014, 00:32:30
naaahhh... besides, I know barely nothing about EPL players except top ones, and I know I'd force mysel to stay at the office till 9PM on fridays, or to play last changes mainly from mobile, for which I should purchase the app....

EPL knowledge doesn't often translate into fantasy knowledge, I did just fine in the past and I'm certanly no expert. The only real big difference from the fantasy world cup is player values change during the season so identifying undervalued player early on is important.

I never had problems accessing the site from a smartphone in the past (unlike the frigging world cup one) and didn't even know an app existed.

could I join in, say... at gameweek 8 ? :cute:

Funko is naive :p As an italian (and thus a cheater by nature) I read that question as "Can I register a gazillion teams and then join the League later with the best one of those? Will points earned in previous rounds count?"

I'm not sure if they count but I'd prefer people to join at the start :p

I have always had some trouble in august as I don't exactly know who the actual starters are and so on, I usually spend the wild card for transfers early to address that :D

Funko
18-07-2014, 12:24:56
I bet he did mean that too. Sneaky bastard. Being British and therefore cripplingly naive it
never occurred to me.

I think your points in the league only count after you join the league, but I'm not sure. Maybe it counts your total.

Funko
18-07-2014, 12:25:20
So the answer is - you can join after gameweek 1, if the team is new at that gameweek. :p

Mr. Bas
30-07-2014, 17:03:28
I'm in, and ready to reach new depths this season.

Walrus Feeder
02-08-2014, 13:07:26
Picked a squad already that looks pretty awesome. Likely to change of course before kick off depending on future transfers and injuries and pre season form maybe. Without the likes of many top level stars like Suarez or Ronaldo and Henry previously who took a big chunk of your budget i'm finding my money is going a bit further.

Funko
07-08-2014, 08:15:31
I've picked a squad which looks rubbish.

ps.

MoSe! MoSe! MoSe! MoSe! MoSe! MoSe!

Walrus Feeder
12-08-2014, 00:00:15
I'm thinking of having a go this year at the Ultimate Dream Team. Pick a squad of 25, and suit it to fit each gameweek with only 2 transfer windows throughout the season so no tearing your hair out about what transfers to make each week and also the prices stay the same too.

MoSe
14-08-2014, 16:18:39
so, you lured me into this, and we're just nine???

I've picked a team based purely on past season performances, this meant choosing players I had NEVER heard about :lol:
(OTOH before WC 2014 I had never heard Lallana or Mirallas either... :o)
Then adjusted it a bit to optimise the starting 11, downgrading the bench to the cheapest possible who had assured nevertheless a fairly constant presence on the pitch

Of course this entailed:
- no players coming from outside premier league (Sanchez, Diego Costa...)
- no players from the 3 newly promoted teams
- no guaranteee that a player who scored a lot (in game points) last season, will repeat a similar performance in this one
- no insights and previews on initial good form of players who might perform well in first two gameweeks... having also no practice about managing fluctuating prices and only 1 free transfer per GW...

oh, well, that's Fantasy :)

I'll be happy if I finish 2nd to bottom :D

BTW, once I got in, I had decided to shed with £5 and try the Ultimate one too, which rules and features I liked indeed better.
But those buggers implemented as sole Age Verification method the input of a passport number, and I don't have one, so... :bash:
(I've thought of "borrowing" one from a friend, too much hassel tho)

MoSe
14-08-2014, 17:12:38
another info which could be crucial but I've no clue about is, who played below average minutes/games last season, because...:
he was injured, but will probably play most games this season (unless he's injury-prone indeed)
he was loaned out of EPL (or brought in) in January, so played just half season
he had stronger players before him in his team, who now moved out (or will be injured for a while, see Negredo), so he ll' find more time on the pitch now
or moved to a new team where he's gonna be more important than in the former one (...Lukaku?)

...or just because he's actually a "second line" who'll come up only now and then in his manager view, and will remain such this season too....

damn... :D

MoSe
14-08-2014, 17:36:34
see for instance a couple fwd who played 10ish games last season:

CRY Gayle, with a top rank ~7ppg, at just £5.5 would be a great pick if only he'd play more games
why did he play just 10? will he stil just be a Campbell/Chamak backup? no idea

WHU Cole, ~6.5 ppg at £5
all current Hammers fwd played wery few games, or none, last season. Who were the main WHU strikers, did they move elsewhere? Even with Carroll in "Ankle injury - Unknown return date", the team bought Enner Valencia, and Zarate, who are both priced more than Cole... should this mean that according to FPL they should get playing time ahead of Cole? will Cole play more tha 10 game this season or sit on the bench most games as 3rd or 4th fwd? no idea
:clueless:
see? SEE????

Funko
15-08-2014, 09:43:40
YAY! I predict our Fantasy Football threads are now going to get a lot more posts. :D

This is a useful site, haven't paid for membership, but their fixture ticker summarising who has what games coming up is really useful, the main reason I use it.

http://fantasyfootballscout.co.uk

Funko
15-08-2014, 09:52:42
Gayle was injured for a lot of the season.

I would expect Valencia and Zarate to get more game time than Cole, though I think Valencia is injured for the start of the season.

The price usually indicates which players are in favour and likely to play more than others. It's not always right, but it often is.

A safe start of picking proven performers like you've done is a decent initial strategy. I have gone with some new signings, but normally I avoid it....

I've got no-one from City in my lineup at the moment. I just don't know who'll play, and Yaya is ridiculously expensive. Of course if he's as good as last year... hmm.

Funko
15-08-2014, 10:27:40
Re: fluctuating prices and paying for transfers.

It's a REALLY difficult balance.

MoSe
16-08-2014, 01:13:00
OK, I revamped my team from mobile, at 2am, while watching Halep-Sharapova (GO SIMO! actually go anyone playing against schmarapova...)

picked more perfect strangers, taking risks with those who had a better ppg albeit a bit less games (27-30 instead of 32+)

I'm SURE I'll regret it

I'm still VERY undecided btw Lukaku whom I dislike, but will be now the main terminal of EVE attack, GW1 vs LEI, and Dzeko who I like, 0.5£ less, +1ppg, but as you said who knows who'll play in MCI? Negredo injured, but Aguero now fit?

MoSe
17-08-2014, 01:11:06
Of course as a rookie I couldn't wait to check 1st matchday results
and how the game interface n mechanism worked, esp from mobile
I won't bore you all with details you're well accustomed with

I will just consider...
- I'm not last :)
- I'm the top furriner :D
- 5 of 6 teams ahead, are counting scores from 7, 8 or 9 players, while I still have 6 to play in last 3 matches, who can add to my score and hopefully let me fill the gap and join in with the midtable pack
- NOT counting the x2 C bonus, I got 22p from 5 players, making for a 4.4 avg. Well, that's decimally the best in the league so far :p
- then, of course, I botched with the band and gave it to Lukaku hoping he'll easily score @LEI... made Wayne only Vice, wating thus 5p
- I see most of you invested in Ramsey. He was on my watchlist. At £9 it was either him or Gerrard... I know this is getting old n might not repeat last season top performance, but I lack insights abot why Ramsey played just half games last season, so...
- I also see that almost all who have Ramsey made him captain too, nice 10 xtra pts
- but 3 of you have Sigurdson and left him on the bench! lol

all in all not a terrible debut :)

I long for last games to see how 1st GW ends

MoSe
17-08-2014, 15:16:55
bear with me...
I enjoy the thrill and excitement of following rankings as they develop step by step, even within a single matchday with staggered fixtures
otoh FPL themselves update tables as games take place...
I'll give it a try as it' s 1st time...

MoSe
17-08-2014, 16:35:52
used points
gw S B > S C B
Top6fin 41 8 - 3 31 10 -
Balls 48 10 - 1 41 7 -
Stairwl 34 8 - 3 33 1 -
Glum Fb 35 8 1 2 27 7 1
4-1-6 31 5 - 6 21 10 -
Belmont 62 9 1 1 39 10 13
Monkeys 28 7 1 3 25 2 1
Trollsl 37 8 1 2 29 6 2
Schubbe 36 8 1 2 31 2 3

I tried to anticipate last match bonuses, and subs too

it looks like I'm gonna to end GW1 at the bottom...

it's too difficult from mobile anyway, it took me all 1st half of next match, already underway... (in counting plyers still to play [>] I counted MCI ones too, and didn't add their partials yet.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 06:44:30
bear with me...
I enjoy the thrill and excitement of following rankings as they develop step by step, even within a single matchday with staggered fixtures
otoh FPL themselves update tables as games take place...
I'll give it a try as it' s 1st time...

OK, I realise you all probably don't even READ this thread in the weekends...
I'll refrain to clutter the thread in such way in next GWs, limiting it maybe to Monday Nights previews
:)

Funko
18-08-2014, 08:11:33
It is interesting as the gameweeks develop how things go.

One rule you might not be aware of is the Wildcard, you get 2 a year, one at any point in the year, and one to use in January after the transfer window.

It means you get unlimited free transfers for a week so if you want to radically redesign your team after a couple of weeks it's a good option.

Funko
18-08-2014, 08:12:58
Gah, Craig has Siggurdson on the bench to come on, so he'll be on 62.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 08:20:28
remarkable formatting yesterday btw, from an old Galaxy S3... ;)

as I said, as subs get added in FPL site only at the end of the whole GW, I tried to anticipate them
after all they're rather obvious and the "formation respect" subs rule seldom has to be applied (so far)

some explanation:
I try to count the # of players used to build up the total, breaking them down in Starters and players form Bench who already are sure to get in.
I also highlight the # yet to play: ">" (either starters, or from the bench in case you have an absent starter and 1st sub hasn't played yet).
Then I break down Starters points from those I added for known subs, separating also the Captain points.
We see indeed that between Giroud and Ramsey, there's a 9 points "Captain gap"
and even with a good team, a wise or wrong choice can make all the difference in the table (at least roundwise)

used points avlB >To play
gw S B > S C B
Belmont 62 9 1 1 39 10 13 2 Cahill
Trollsl 52 10 1 - 44 6 2 - -
Balls 48 10 - 1 41 7 - 2 Diego
4-1-6 44 8 - 3 34 10 - 1,3 Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas
Top6fin 41 8 - 3 31 10 - 9,1,- Terry, Hazard, Diego
Schubbe 36 8 1 2 31 2 3 2 Cahill, Hazard
Monkeys 36 9 1 1 33 2 1 1 Terry
Glum Fb 35 8 1 2 27 7 1 13* Filipe Luis, *Diego
Stairwl 34 8 - 3 33 1 - 3,13,5 Terry, Hazard, Fabregas

with "avlB" I anticipate the points available from the Bench, in case those yet to play fail to do so
___

- you can see that Trollslottet have completed their GW and to the 50p showed in the current table they'll only add 2p from Fraizer Campbell in place of Geoff Cameron
- while Belmont are already sure to sub Ben Davies, bringing in Sigurdsson's 13p! with Cahill yet to play too
- for 4-1-6 I don't report the 1p available from 3rd sub, as they have 2 Def to play and only 1 Def left on Bench, so they won't be able to use all 3 subs in any case
- Top 6 have 9p from Clyne ready as 1st sub, so they might actually "hope" that one of their 3 Chelsea players doesn't play tonite :D
- Stairwell look to have taken an escalator going the wrong way ;) if all their 3 Chelseas play tonite, they'll leave 21p on the bench, while starters Arnautovic, Bojan & Giroud only got 5 together. Giroud also turned out to be the worst Captain choice...
- Glum can only use 13p fron 3rd sub in place of Diego Costa. In Defense they alredy used O'Shea in place of cameron, and 2nd Def sub Figueroa didn't play. So, if Mou doesn't employ new signing Filipe Luis (favoring for instance Terry-Cahill-Ivanovic-Azpilicueta) they'd keep a 0 in Defense, and if Diego Costa plays (how can't he?) they'd lose out points unless he scores 2 :D
Re: my Infinite Monkeys, FPL table currently places me 6th, but all teams behind me (and by just 1 or 2 pts) have more players to play tonite, so I'll probably end GW1 at table bottom, as I had posted earlier :beer:
that's just right, I pay the rookie toll :clueless:

Funko
18-08-2014, 08:24:36
Sorry MoSe, I was reading your posts and looking at peoples teams in two windows, I now see you'd said the same thing in your own tabular format. :D

I almost hope one of my Chelsea players doesn't play with Cline sitting on 9 points. Was so excited when he scored, I forgot I benched him.

Funko
18-08-2014, 08:42:51
I don't think Chelsea will smash Burnley, they were very strong at home last season.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 08:48:13
we X-posted while I prepared my lenghty one :)

It is interesting as the gameweeks develop how things go.

One rule you might not be aware of is the Wildcard, you get 2 a year, one at any point in the year, and one to use in January after the transfer window.

It means you get unlimited free transfers for a week so if you want to radically redesign your team after a couple of weeks it's a good option.

I had read it, thanks anyway for the heads-up :)

I was indeed planning to wait a few weeks before using it
I thought I'd better let current season stats to develop so I could rely on them for an "informed redesign" :D

OTOH I saw lotsa FPL managers "rush" to transfer Sigurdsson in as soon as, or even before, first match ended.
Is it maybe bc they foresaw his tranfers surge, and as it will surely cause a Price Rise (and indeed he's the first and only one at 10.1), they wanted to be the first in?
Are things that quick and volatile here? ;)
I thought sheeplike to all flock behind the first who scores... we know players who fluke then go dry for a long while (see Hamsik last Serie A season)... otoh SWA has two upcoming homers vs BUR & WBA :hmm:

a "sinlge" free trasnfer offers limited options
much more useful to make 2 joint ones, so you can upgrade your main objective while downgrading a collateral, making up for budget
so I was planning to wait at least GW2 to use the saved FT
I have so few pts that shelling 4 on a transfer seems a folly to me at this point: still don't feel confident enough to gamble that the one I bring in will score 4p more than the one I sent out in next GW - unless that's on a longer term plan, but maybe that's manageable as well by "diluting" changes with FT only, or with a right-moment wildcard...
will have to learn that with experience

OTOH (again) because of "market dynamics", the longer I wait the more a desirable goal might get expensive, while my "outbound assets" will depreciate, drastically reducing my "manouvre window"...

was this again about economics, or football??? ;)

Funko
18-08-2014, 09:16:54
I am one of those people. :D It's because starting prices are in 0.5m increments, if he goes up 0.1m I can't afford him without dropping an extra 0.5m of price from somewhere.

And I made 2 transfers.

Making too many early transfers and losing early points is normally my downfall.

It's economics and football, I knew you'd love it. ;)

Funko
18-08-2014, 09:18:01
Your plan of waiting 'till GW2 and making 2 then is more sensible, but you might find yourself priced out of some players by 0.1/0.2m.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 09:37:06
This is a useful site, haven't paid for membership, but their fixture ticker summarising who has what games coming up is really useful, the main reason I use it.

http://fantasyfootballscout.co.uk

I had seen the site when googling Fantasy Premiere from mobile :) but hadn't visited it yet
had decided to bring in Mutch pre-GW1 even before reading their advise anyway.

I found also rather useful this one
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28346161
I had found from mobile...

If only I had read it BEFORE jumping on Lambert as FWD Value Bargain...
I said, hey, 32 played games last season, 5.7ppg average, at just £7.5 he's a must-have!
8% FPL managers agreed with me too
only later I realised he played all those games with SOU last season!
and with so many LIV offensive players categorised as MID, they actually played a 4-5-1 by FPL standards, with Sturridge as sole FWD. Did they actually bought such a prolific striker only to keep him as BACKUP fwd on teh bench??? At least he got in in the end as LIV needed to win, and indeed they scored 3 minutes later (alas he wasn't involved in the action).

damn (and thinking I had considered Naismith as cheap 3rd fwd in my watchlist, but dismissed it after EVE bought Lukaku...)

BTW, I found BBC Live Scores page MUCH MORE useful and readable from mobile than the BPL site one. Don't you think so? or is it just me?

MoSe
18-08-2014, 09:40:29
you might find yourself priced out of some players by 0.1/0.2m.

that's exactly what I meant in my obscure way :)

OTOH (again) because of "market dynamics", the longer I wait the more a desirable goal might get expensive, while my "outbound assets" will depreciate, drastically reducing my "manouvre window"...

Funko
18-08-2014, 09:43:07
Did they actually bought such a prolific striker only to keep him as BACKUP fwd on teh bench??? At least he got in in the end as LIV needed to win, and indeed they scored 3 minutes later (alas he wasn't involved in the action).

It's an interesting question, they strengthened the squad at least in part because they are in the Champions League this season, and will rotate players, so he'll get games but not sure how many. He's also getting on a bit 33 or 34 or something. Hence his cheap price despite playing for a top side.

BTW, I found BBC Live Scores page MUCH MORE useful and readable from mobile than the BPL site one. Don't you think so? or is it just me?

Oh yes absolutely.

If you can get the BBC Sport app in Italy that's quite handy.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 10:13:49
It's because starting prices are in 0.5m increments, if he goes up 0.1m I can't afford him without dropping an extra 0.5m of price from somewhere.

I know... :sad:
I'd say "whatever", I'll have £0.4 in the bank to use in later transfers.

the main problem is, to make a SINGLE FT you need to make it in the SAME position
And I hadn't 6.0 (or 6.5 by now) MIDs in my team, to bring him in I'd have to move out GERRARD.... that'd leave me with £2.9 in the bank, not just 0.4 :lol:

OR, I make 2 Transfers spending 4pts for the 2nd, allowing me to move out Mutch or Shelvey from MID, and make a £1.0 downgrade in another postition

in FWD I'd happily now part from Lukaku 9.0 or Lambert 7.5 indeed

in DEF I'd be sad to renounce to Fonte 5.5, albeit there's Chester at 4.5 with favorable upcoming fixtures and already 30k IN trasnfers now
otherwise I'd have 6.5 Terry, or 6.0 Ks (Kolarov and Koscielny, who's btw my only DT), and this would only open Dier at 5.5 with 38k INs
maybe still better Chester for Fonte than Dier for Kolarov

...Or Jovetic for Lukaku? ...Or Berahino for Lambert (and an extra 1.0)?

venturing in a 3rd transfer this GW would seem instead "out of my league" for me ;)
___

Should I focus on Sigurdsson, I can't wait after GW 2 tho or I'd miss BUR (H), and in such case i'd have to do it TODAY, as I figure he won't limit to a +0.1 price rise... :)

Funko
18-08-2014, 10:28:31
I can't wait after GW 2 tho or I'd miss BUR (H), and in such case i'd have to do it TODAY, as I figure he won't limit to a +0.1 price rise... :)

Yeah, that home game was a key driver for me too.

MoSe
18-08-2014, 11:12:25
venturing in a 3rd transfer this GW would seem instead "out of my league" for me ;)

LOL, it got to my head and I got carried away letting it get out of my hand... ;)

I feel like a minnow plunging in headfirst with the sharks
:nervous:

now I wanna see those damn priceses SKYROCKET!!! :bangs fist: :cute:

MoSe
18-08-2014, 11:55:02
- LOL, I now have 4 DT players in my team: Monkey see, Monkey do
- for GW2 I ended up to bench... Gerrard! :o

As I too often use to say here: "I KNOW I'll regret this"

Should change team name to Regretful Monkeys :cute:

MoSe
18-08-2014, 12:06:40
Puzzling tranfers

Rooney 11.3k INs, *but also 3.2k OUTs
Sturridge 6.2k INs, *but also 3.6k OUTs

*despite they both scored
(Sturridge might be partially justified by two upcoming tough away games)

Diego Costa 9.6k INs and 1.7k OUTs, BEFORE he even played his first!

Funko
18-08-2014, 14:07:33
:lol:

Funko
18-08-2014, 14:09:31
Also it seems like their mobile site isn't available this year. :(

MoSe
18-08-2014, 18:57:02
- Top 6 have 9p from Clyne ready as 1st sub, so they might actually "hope" that one of their 3 Chelsea players doesn't play tonite :D
- Stairwell look to have taken an escalator going the wrong way ;) if all their 3 Chelseas play tonite, they'll leave 21p on the bench, while starters Arnautovic, Bojan & Giroud only got 5 together. Giroud also turned out to be the worst Captain choice...
- Glum can only use 13p fron 3rd sub in place of Diego Costa. In Defense they alredy used O'Shea in place of cameron, and 2nd Def sub Figueroa didn't play. So, if Mou doesn't employ new signing Filipe Luis (favoring for instance Terry-Cahill-Ivanovic-Azpilicueta) they'd keep a 0 in Defense, and if Diego Costa plays (how can't he?) they'd lose out points unless he scores 2 :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28735901

Chelsea
13 Courtois
26 Terry
24 Cahill
02 Ivanovic
28 Azpilicueta
08 Oscar
21 Matic
14 Schürrle
04 Fábregas
10 Hazard
19 Diego Costa

Substitutes
01 Cech
03 Filipe Luis
05 Zouma
09 Torres
11 Drogba
12 Mikel
22 Willian

barring any last minute warm-up injury, Clyne 9p will stay on the bench for Top6, as will do Sigurd's 13p for Stairwell and Glum.
Glum will also get a 0 in Defense as they'll field only 2 defenders, unless Filipe Luis gets on underway

used points avlB >To play
gw S B > S C B
Belmont 62 9 1 1 39 10 13 2 Cahill
Trollsl 52 10 1 - 44 6 2 - -
Balls 48 10 - 1 41 7 - 2 Diego
4-1-6 44 8 - 3 34 10 - 1,3 Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas
Top6fin 41 8 - 3 31 10 - 9,1,- Terry, Hazard, Diego
Schubbe 36 8 1 2 31 2 3 2 Cahill, Hazard
Monkeys 36 9 1 1 33 2 1 1 Terry
Glum Fb 35 8 1 2 27 7 1 13* Filipe Luis, *Diego
Stairwl 34 8 - 3 33 1 - 3,13,5 Terry, Hazard, Fabregas

MoSe
18-08-2014, 20:08:46
I don't think Chelsea will smash Burnley, they were very strong at home last season.

indeed :lol:

Funko
19-08-2014, 08:04:32
MUST. NOT. MAKE. ANOTHER. TRANSFER.

(so tempted to swap Fabregas for Hazard, but home game against Leicester is the kind of game last season where Hazard would score well)

So I'll do it next gameweek, Hazard is probably more droppable in that side than Fabregas.

Bet big on Hazard getting dropped next weekend

Funko
19-08-2014, 08:05:03
Plus that's part of the reason for trading for Siggurdson, he'll play every Swansea game.

Funko
19-08-2014, 08:14:50
Fuck it, I did it.

8 points down for the week, every year the same mistake. Idiot. :lol:

Funko
19-08-2014, 08:15:20
He was SO good yesterday though.

Funko
19-08-2014, 08:16:06
A friend on another forum pointed me at this site:

http://totalfpl.com/pricechanges

Shows that Fab will go up in price today I think.

MoSe
19-08-2014, 09:20:45
used Points Pt on St worse ideal waste
TEAM gw S B 0 S C B Bench Hi thn B Team C B

4-1-6 67 11 - - 57 10 - 1,3,1 11 1 70 1 2
Belmont 64 10 1 - 41 10 13 2,3 13 1,1 70 3 3

Balls 54 11 - - 47 7 - -,2,1 8 1 56 1 1
Trollsl 52 10 1 - 44 6 2 -,3 10 1 58 4 2
Top6fin 51 11 - - 41 10 - 9,1,- 10 1 59 - 8
Stairwl 49 11 - - 48 1 - 3,13,5 11 1,2,2 77 12 16

Glum Fb 41 9 1 1 33 7 1 -,13 7 (1),2 58 6 11
Schubbe 40 10 1 - 35 2 3 -,2 13 1 52 11 1
Monkeys 38 10 1 - 35 2 1 1,1 10 - 46 8 -

AVERAGE 50.7 42.3 6.1 4.0 7.1 10.3 60.7 5.1 4.9
Totals 5 1 14p/11

This is probably a one-off analisys for first GW, to help me get the hang of all the details and standards of the "new toy" :)

also, I realise now that at the end of the GW, when the automatic subs are finalised they actually swap players between pitch and bench, so there's no track left of which subs were actually made
I won't be able thus to detail how many players and points got in from the bench for all the league teams, unless I note them down before GW ends...

The St[arters] Hi column helps me point out which could have been the best Captain choice
(notwithstanding that if an even better scorer sits on bench, I count him anyway as "ideal Captain")
The "worse than Bench" help me point how wich players on pitch could have been replaced in the initial pick by better scorers sitting on bench

Stairwell: excellent market, terrible pitch managing ;)

Glum: bought 3 £4.5 defenders (risky market strategy?), just one thereof scored a mere 1p; plus, their most expensive one appears to be the 5th in Mou's pecking order so he didn't play either. Thus O'Shea 1p couldn't have been benched anyway in the "ideal 11" for Sigurd (Mid) bc of the 3 defenders rule, but Rodwell 2p could.

Balls: barely average market, made the best of it (less margin of error too ;))

Monkey me: I didn't waste any points on bench, just because I had the worst bench available :D
with all my data analisys about past season FPL performers, my lack of real insights in BPL led me the same to a rather poor initial market
I had indeed in my watchlist 4 or 5 players who DID score well in this first GW, but hadn't the courage, or simply took the wrong decisions :beer:
(e.g. just Dzeko instead of Lukaku would have already been 3p more)
And just appointing Rooney Captain (which wasn't a difficult choice) instead of Lukaku were 5p more, 43p would have been 7th in the league and totally acceptable for a rookie.
I'd say I'll do better next GWs, but either I must hope that my most expensive signings just had a bad day on season opener, or I need to actually CHANGE my squad with transfers... as I posted above, I didn't want to spend my wildcard too early... :cute:

MoSe
19-08-2014, 09:25:22
there's no track left of which subs were actually made
I won't be able thus to detail how many players and points got in from the bench for all the league teams, unless I note them down before GW ends...

I stand corrected

only later I scrolled down enough to see the following section

MoSe
19-08-2014, 09:36:31
A friend on another forum pointed me at this site:

Shows that Fab will go up in price today I think.

very nice, thanks!

QUESTION:

Rises occur by £0.1 per day
so once you see a player went up one day, he's done for that day
I think I read somewhere that the time of the day when rises occur is "variable" (?) and won't be disclosed
BUT: do all rises for a given day happen at the same time?

Example:
Monday (yesterday) only Sigurdsson went up
Tuesday (todady) I see that Dier went up
Can there be more rises occuring today, later in the day???
Can you have in the same day one player[s] rising in the morning, and another player[s] rising in the afternoon?

Or today, after just Dier having a price rise, we're done for the day and no other price rises will occur till tomorrow?

MoSe
19-08-2014, 09:42:16
Fuck it, I did it.

8 points down for the week, every year the same mistake. Idiot. :lol:

that's why you insisted so much in inviting me into FPL: to share the shame with a fellow idiot! :lol:

Funko
19-08-2014, 10:09:39
Or today, after just Dier having a price rise, we're done for the day and no other price rises will occur till tomorrow?

That's a very good question, I don't know. Now I've got access to that site I might be able to track it.

MoSe
19-08-2014, 13:02:39
another possibly interesting analisys coming to my mind for this first GW,
is to simply list each team player points in descending order

TEAM gw Pitch Bench (AFTER subs)

Top 73 13 13 10 6 5 5 3 3 2 2 1

4-1-6 67 11 10 10 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 3 1
Belmont 64 13 13 10 6 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 - - 2 3

Balls 54 8 7 6 6 5 5 3 3 2 2 1 - - 2 1
Trollsl 52 10 9 6 6 5 2 2 2 2 1 1 2 - - 3
Top6fin 51 10 7 6 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 9 1 -
Stairwl 49 11 10 7 5 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 - 3 13 5

Glum Fb 41 7 6 5 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 - 2 - - 13
Schubbe 40 13 7 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 - - - 2
Monkeys 38 10 7 5 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 - - 1 1

Bottom 31 7 6 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 -

(I realise now in previous table that Glum have "wasted" 1pt more with GKP lol)

MoSe
19-08-2014, 15:16:04
I think I read somewhere that the time of the day when rises occur is "variable" (?) and won't be disclosed
BUT: do all rises for a given day happen at the same time?
Can there be more rises occuring today, later in the day???

That's a very good question, I don't know. Now I've got access to that site I might be able to track it.

iNTERESTING

18/08/2014 02:45 Swansea Sigurdsson, Gylfi MID 6.1 Price increase from 6.0 to 6.1
19/08/2014 02:45 Tottenham Dier, Eric DEF 5.1 Price increase from 5.0 to 5.1

BOTH rises so far occurred exactly at 2:45 AM...
BTW, do you confirm that more than one player can get an increase on the same day, or just one player each day gets the increase?

Funko
19-08-2014, 15:44:09
Definitely more than one player can change on a day.

I guess it's a scheduled overnight job then. Most of their updates run on scheduled jobs and take ages to run.

MoSe
19-08-2014, 16:47:52
do .BAT still exist? lol ;)

so we can check for changes in the morning, and that's it for the day...
___

more tables... :D

GKP DEF MID FWD
TEAM gw £ pts £ pts £ pts £ pts

4-1-6 67 10.0 2 1 30.0 10 5 5 2 1 37.0 11 10 3 3 3 21.5 5 1 1
Belmont 64 9.5 2 - 28.0 2 2 1 1 - 36.5 13 13 10 3 3 25.5 6 2 1

Balls 54 9.5 2 - 25.0 8 5 2 1 - 32.0 5 3 3 1 1 32.5 7 6 6
Trollsl 52 9.0 2 2 25.0 5 2 1 - - 37.0 10 9 3 2 1 29.0 6 6 2
Top6fin 51 9.0 2 2 27.0 9 5 2 2 1 38.0 10 2 2 1 - 26.0 7 6 2
Stairwl 49 9.0 2 - 26.0 5 5 4 3 2 40.5 13 11 10 2 2 24.5 7 2 1

Glum Fb 41 10.0 2 1 25.0 5 1 - - - 38.5 13 5 3 2 2 26.5 7 6 2
Schubbe 40 9.5 1 - 28.5 4 2 1 1 - 35.5 13 3 2 2 - 26.5 7 2 2
Monkeys 38 8.5 1 - 28.5 10 5 2 1 - 36.0 3 2 2 1 1 27.0 7 2 1

imho this is interesting for highlighting the different strategies we adopted, and the related yields
of course you see how some could get more pts in a sector by spending less, and viceversa... you still have to nake the right picks

MoSe
20-08-2014, 06:23:33
a few more today

next expected, a second increase for Sigurdsson

Funko
20-08-2014, 07:25:40
There are other ways to do scheduled jobs. :p

MoSe
20-08-2014, 08:14:13
I know, I was just having a flash of archeotechnology (or technoarcheology?) :)

BTW, I see (in "Status") there are teams worth £100.6
I peeked into one out of curiosity, and in GW1 he had none of the 6 players who got the increase so far.
This means he made 6 transfers in first GW, all before each increase occurred
I presume he spent his WC for that :D

Funko
20-08-2014, 08:16:39
There is a competition for the most valuable team, some people just play that without trying to get high points.

MoSe
20-08-2014, 11:42:05
:hmm:

I noticed you're in this (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/433087/standings/) too

So I went there (http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/305-Sports-Forum) (look what you've made me do after yeeeears), which btw you happen to co-moderate,
in case I could find a thread with the code to join...
but could find none, just NFL "football" and other US-based sports...

:confused:

did you use the name for private use outside "that site" itself?

I thought, At least I wouldn't be last in that league :cute:

Walrus Feeder
21-08-2014, 23:49:45
Furious i was astute enough to include Sigurdsson in my squad but had him on the bench. Real kick in the teeth. At least it means i don't have to use a sub bringing him in. He's 6.2 at time of writing too. Happy with rest of my squad though so for once not needing to consider lots of changes at this point. Need to pick a better captain for the next Gameweek though.

Funko
22-08-2014, 10:03:36
:hmm:

I noticed you're in this (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/433087/standings/) too

So I went there (http://that incredibly nerdy civ site.net/forumdisplay.php/305-Sports-Forum) (look what you've made me do after yeeeears), which btw you happen to co-moderate,
in case I could find a thread with the code to join...
but could find none, just NFL "football" and other US-based sports...

:confused:

did you use the name for private use outside "that site" itself?

I thought, At least I wouldn't be last in that league :cute:

There is a league there, not sure what the code is. I'm not the administrator of it.

I am theoretically a moderator, I haven't visited the site for a few months though.

Funko
22-08-2014, 10:07:09
I've asked for the code.

MoSe
22-08-2014, 17:24:07
thanks, I was actually referring to the one listed in your page (and Iain's too)...
you're in a league and you don't know?

maybe you automatically renewed one you entered seasons ago, but now you don't care anymore to follow it? ;)

I don't recognise the names of most of its members... so if it's not one you're also actively follwoing, it would be nice to have the code anyway but not a primal need... :)

MoSe
22-08-2014, 17:58:45
about upcoming GW2, according to TFPL Kolarov is not set to start :bash:
due to Zabaleta coming back into the 11 (why was he on the bench in GW1 btw?) Kolarov and not clichy is foreseen to leave him room
apart Koscielny & Rooney he's the only one in my original 15 not showing a "red progress" on TFPL....

BTW, all new signings (Rojo, Fer, F.Fernandez, Edu Vargas, Samaras...) already available in the tranfers page! but Rojo "Cannot play against Sunderland on 24/8 as he has yet to receive a work permit. - Expected back 30 Aug" lol

Will Balo be available tomorrow morning before GW2 deadline?
does he still have fans in BPL? :lol:

Fistandantilus
22-08-2014, 20:50:22
due to Zabaleta coming back into the 11 (why was he on the bench in GW1 btw?)

I suspect City turnover bullshit

MoSe
23-08-2014, 12:13:30
GW2 kicked off, and FPL site is STILL "being updated" ???
WTF...

MoSe
24-08-2014, 13:25:08
As I too often use to say here: "I KNOW I'll regret this"
Should change team name to Regretful Monkeys :cute:
GREAT :rolleyes:
I had my 2 tr complete, Sigurd+Berahino for Shelvey+Lambert...
OK? NO, I HAD to spend 4 more pts for a 3rd, as Rosenior was yellowflagged and Chester on the rise
Here: early red card, and further -2p
Net result: a -6p decision :bash:

Mr. Bas
24-08-2014, 17:41:52
Good job, it saves me the disgrace of the red lantern.

In other news, I'm an idiot who for two weeks in a row forgot to change the captain from the default choice, therefore playing twice with non-scoring Graziano Pelle as captain. Twice doubling 2 points. Bugger.

MoSe
25-08-2014, 06:25:56
LOL, and I though it was "loyalty" to a striker coming from Eredivisie... :D

"Twice doubling 2 points. Bugger."
Ditto :lol:
and go figure that in GW1 I *chose* Lukaku with Rooney 7p as VC
then in GW2 I had bought Sigurdsson, but contrary to Funko who at least doubled our new signing's 5p, I *chose* again Rooney (hey, vs Sunderland...) who this time got 2p...
so whereas yours was forgetfulness, mine was "wanton waste of armband"....

Walrus in GW1 chose his worst scorer as Captain (Giroud 1p) with Sigurdsson remaining on the bench, now he chose better with Fabregas 6p (but Hazard & Mata got 9p), Giroud got 5p but he relegated him on bench :)

MoSe
25-08-2014, 08:12:14
sorted by current GW points, provided that:
- Transfers cost not deducted from current gw points
- subs points anticipated w/r to site which will add them only after gw ends
PP=Previous Points T=Transfers(GW)
S=Starting 11
C=Captain
B=Bench
>=to play
avlB = points available on the Bench to eventually sub those yet to play

used points avlB >To play (MCI v LIV)
PP T -p GW S B > S C B

Belmont 64 2 -4 61 10 - 1 55 6 - >,3 Sturridge (B> Sterling)
Top6fin 51 3 -8 57 11 - - 52 5 - -
4-1-6 67 1 - 52 8 - 3 43 9 - 9,2,1 Kolarov, Nasri, Dzeko
Stairwl 49 - - 49 11 - - 43 6 - -
Glum Fb 41 1 - 44 10 1 - 36 6 2 -
Schubbe 40 - - 42 10 - 1 40 2 - 3 Sterling
Monkeys 38 3 -8 36 8 1 2 33 2 1 >,2 Kolarov, Yaya (B> Gerrard)
Balls 54 1 - 31 7 1 2 23 6 2 - Henderson, Sturridge (will have a 0 by DNP Lennon with no more subs available)
Trollsl 52 - - 25 6 1 4 23 > 2 3 V Gerrard, Silva, C Sturridge, Aguero

I don't sort in this table by the Overall Total nor report it, as you can see that in the league table on the FPL site

with Kolarov previewed not to play, 4-1-6 would bring on Fonte's 9p from Bench...

confirmed: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28831352
Kolarov & Aguero start from Bench

this means:
Fonte's 9p get in for 4-1-6, unless Kolarov gets on during the game
Gerrard plays for Monkeys, unless Kolarov gets on during the game
Delph's 3p get in for Fist, unless Aguero gets on during the game, like he did last GW, scoring too :D

Fistandantilus
25-08-2014, 20:53:46
... unless Aguero gets on during the game, like he did last GW, scoring too :D

:D

MoSe
25-08-2014, 21:00:20
LOL
u only gained 2p over the 3 u had granted from bench :p
...unless he get bonus too :D

Fistandantilus
25-08-2014, 21:17:51
It's ok fulfilling the prophecy is worth way more than a few points :p

MoSe
26-08-2014, 06:29:11
...unless he get bonus too :D
lololol

Funko
26-08-2014, 08:10:37
thanks, I was actually referring to the one listed in your page (and Iain's too)...
you're in a league and you don't know?

maybe you automatically renewed one you entered seasons ago, but now you don't care anymore to follow it? ;)

I don't recognise the names of most of its members... so if it's not one you're also actively follwoing, it would be nice to have the code anyway but not a primal need... :)

No, I knew what you were talking about but I can't get the joining code unless I'm the league administrator, which I'm not.

Funko
26-08-2014, 08:12:03
I was fearing an analysis of how many points better off I'd be if I'd made no changes. *phew*

MoSe
26-08-2014, 13:38:28
while I'm preparing my usual tables :D a question sprung to my mind

and it's specifically regarding Funko & me, as he had convinced me to bring in Chester ;)

starting 11 playing 0 minutes get automatically replaced by subs on the bench, in the specified order, unless the formation rule is enforced to bring in a defender (or a fwd) even out of bench order

so, imagine I had left Chester on the bench for some reason (clairvoyance?)
only 2 of my other 4 defenders played, so I had to replace Koscielny and Kolarov
I'd needed to bring in a 3rd defender or leave a DNP on the pitch, and the only other defender on the bench would have been indeed Chester.
He'd have come in because he HAD played a few minutes, even if his -2p score was worse than the 0 I'd get for a DNP...

Correct?

thus I was doomed to suffer the -2 Chester blow in any case, regardless of my pitch choices...
unlike you who had all other denfenders playing and scoring

MoSe
26-08-2014, 14:37:49
No, I knew what you were talking about but I can't get the joining code unless I'm the league administrator, which I'm not.

thanks, I saw the thread :)

I was puzzled how could you join a league without knowing the code in the frist place

I realised that a NEW code is generated every year when renewing a league
Previous members can automatically renew without knowing the new code, you only need it to join anew

Last admin I tracked was EiF in 2010/11....

MoSe
26-08-2014, 14:48:04
HEY!!!

were all you twats laughing waiting to see how LONG it'd have taken me to realise THIS?

MoSe
26-08-2014, 14:54:04
QUESTION:

Williamson got a red card like Chester did
Why hasn't he a red flag yet for being suspended next round, just like Chester?

MoSe
26-08-2014, 16:30:50
QUESTION:

had we chosen Chester as Captain, would have we doubled his -2 and got -4 as score ????

MoSe
26-08-2014, 16:47:04
I adjusted the Bench analisys columns as in GW1 I had forgotten to consider bench GKP

GW used Points Points St worse ideal waste
TEAM 2 S B DNP S C B on Bench Hi thanB Team C B

4-1-6 69 10 1 - 51 9 9 6 -,2,1 12 1 77 3 5
Belmont 63 11 - - 57 6 - - 2,3,7 14 0,2 79 8 8
Top6fin 57 11 - - 52 5 - 2 1,-,- 10 -2 65 5 3

Stairwl 49 11 - - 43 6 - - 6,5,0 9 0,1 62 3 10
Glum Fb 44 10 1 - 36 6 2 6 -,8,- 10 2 0 60 4 12
Schubbe 44 11 - - 42 2 - - -,3,2 9 1 53 7 2
Trollsl 42 10 1 - 38 2 2 6 -,-,3 9 2 (0),1 55 7 6
Monkeys 41 9 2 - 34 2 5 - -,-,2 9 (-2),1 49 7 1
Balls 35 9 1 1 27 6 2 - -,-,- 6 35 - -

AVERAGE 49.3 42.2 4.2 4.0 7.2 9.8 59.4 5.5 5.9
Totals 6 1 7p/14

where applicable I used
- for DNP (Did Not Play)
0 for those who played but actually scored 0 (see Bojan, Ferdinand)

TEAM DEPTH

TEAM gw Pitch Bench
(AFTER subs)
Top 74 14 9 9 6 6 6 5 3 2 2 1

4-1-6 69 12 9 9 6 6 6 5 2 2 2 1 6 - 2 1
Belmont 63 14 9 6 6 5 5 5 3 2 2 0 - 2 3 7
Top6fin 57 10 9 6 6 6 6 5 3 2 1-2 2 1 - -

Stairwl 49 9 9 6 6 5 2 2 2 1 1 0 - 6 5 0
Glum Fb 44 10 6 6 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 0 6 - 8 -
Schubbe 44 9 8 7 6 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 - - 3 2
Trollsl 42 9 9 6 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 0 6 - - 3
Monkeys 41 9 6 6 5 5 4 2 2 1 1-2 - - - 2
Balls 35 6 6 6 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 - - - - -

Bottom 28 6 6 6 2 2 2 2 2 1 1-2

Budget/value allocation

GKP DEF MID FWD
TEAM gw £ pts £ pts £ pts £ pts

4-1-6 69 10.0 6 1 30.1 12 9 6 2 - 37.3 9 6 6 2 2 21.9 5 2 1 -Zamora+Anichebe
Belmont 63 9.5 2 - 28.3 14 7 6 6 5 37.0 9 5 3 3 2 25.4 5 2 0 -Davies+Vlaar -C.Chambers+Dier
Top6fin 57 9.0 6 2 26.6 6 3 1 1-2 38.0 10 9 6 5 - 26.0 6 2 - -Young+Sigurdsson -Clyne+Chester -Hazard+Fabregas

Stairwl 49 9.0 2 - 26.1 6 6 2 1 0 41.0 9 9 6 5 1 24.4 5 2 0
Glum Fb 44 10.0 6 2 24.8 6 2 1 - - 38.6 10 8 5 3 1 26.6 6 2 0 -Figueroa+Vlaar
Schubbe 44 9.5 1 - 28.3 8 7 6 2 - 35.4 9 3 2 2 1 26.5 2 2 2
Trollsl 42 9.0 6 2 24.8 9 2 0 - - 37.0 9 4 3 3 1 29.0 6 2 2
Monkeys 41 8.5 6 - 28.7 9 6-2 - - 36.7 5 4 2 1 1 25.1 5 2 2 -Shelvey+Sigurdsson -Lambert+Berahino -Rosenior+Chester
Balls 35 9.5 1 - 25.1 6 2 1 - - 33.2 6 2 1 - - 32.6 6 2 2 -Eriksen+Fabregas

MoSe
26-08-2014, 16:47:55
more to come tomorrow, and...

I was fearing an analysis of how many points better off I'd be if I'd made no changes. *phew*

Funko gave me this great idea! :D

MoSe
26-08-2014, 17:12:34
I MMUST NOT...

...I did

I already used my FT yesterday, but couldn't help to spend 4p for another one now :(

damn fluctuating prices and TFPL :bash:

whitout subs, I'd have £0.5m less value now, but apart the -8 transfers cost, I'd also have scores 2p more with original players (maybe 1 or 2 even more with different bench managing) and I'd be close on the heels of Iain and Bas, instead of 13p behind :cry:

oh well, steep learning curve, blabbity blah

at least I hope it'll give me that little budge edge when I'll use the wildcard...
(I should resist till GW7 for the 2nd int'l break, with 2 weeks to reflect and 7 games played to show reliable trends...)

but that's for tomorrow post about tranfers analisys :cute:

MoSe
27-08-2014, 09:13:49
before reasoning about transfers, I noticed this about Price Rises and falls

so far, there have been 215 players whose price fell, 9 thereof by 0.2
as opposed to JUST 17 who had a price increase (Siggie by 0.3, Cesc and Dier by 0.2)

I'm not strong in economy, but this looks a bit bizarre to me...
(it's true that for every and each Transfer OUT, there must be a Trasnfer IN)

..it could be because a trigger is the percentage of net transfers wrt the total owners

so, a lot of players who had less than 1% owners are easily subject to falls, when those owners realise their summer "peculiar" pick is not actually going to play one minute, and instantly dump them to bandwagon towards the initial GW stars

see for instance Joel Campbell, he's owned by less than 300,000 teams, and 8,000 net Out Transfers were enough to make him lose 0.1...
(it still seems a bit too few Outs to me... maybe it also counts whether they are concentrated over single days, or equally spread on a longer period?)

whereas the same number of transfers, albeit concentrated on fewer names, go into already very big pools
while a single flux was a drain for where it came from, it's just one more drop for where it goes in
I hope I could make myself clear with this plumber analogy (after all I'm Mario :D)

take 10 players with few owners who lose 10k each, even if they all concentrate on the same name, the resulting 100k purchases have not the same impact on a player already owned by 1 million teams

(:hmm: I actually failed to convince myself :lol: there must be indeed a different triggering value for INs and for OUTs...)

Funko
27-08-2014, 10:03:58
HEY!!!

were all you twats laughing waiting to see how LONG it'd have taken me to realise THIS?

I didn't know that existed!

Funko
27-08-2014, 11:45:03
Oh, apparently the mobile site is up now.

Funko
27-08-2014, 11:47:23
On price changes, does this help?

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

MoSe
27-08-2014, 12:18:05
GW Pts Hi Lo Form. GS A CS B in ODT
1 133 15 9 4-5-1 10 4 3 29 7
2 123 15 9 4-4-2 10 2 8 27 4

Overall
199 29 15 3-4-3 14 7 12 37

of course the Overall one is less than the sum of the single GWs which would be 256

All the same, you could do better than the overall one, still respecting the game rules:
a 15 men team, 2-5-5-3
£100m budget
max 3 players per BPL team
formation GW rule (min 3 DEF & 1 FWD)
1 Free Transfer per GW, and eventually more Tranfers at -4p each

the best I could devise is this:

Player Team Pos Sel.by Price GW1 GW2 OP DT1 DT2

McGregor HUL GKP 3.4% 5.0 14 2 16 * b
Guzan AVL GKP 8.2% 4.5 6 7 13 b *

Dier TOT DEF 14.2% 5.2 15 14 29 * *
Ivanovic CHE DEF 14.2% 7.1 10 12 22 * *
Chester HUL DEF 6.2% 4.6 15 -2 13 * b
Shawcross STK DEF 6.5% 5.5 2 11 13 b *
Koscielny ARS DEF 13.7% 6.1 10 - 10 * b

Ramsey ARS MID 44.2% 9.1 10 9 19 * *
Sigurdssn SWA MID 27.3% 6.3 13 5 18 * OUT
Downing WHU MID 1.3% 5.5 2 10 12 - IN *
Fábregas CHE MID 34.1% 9.2 11 6 17 * *
Sterling LIV MID 37.7% 8.6 13 2 15 * b
Jovetic MCI FWD 9.7% 8.0 2 13 15 b *
Chadli TOT MID 2.0% 6.0 - 15 15 b *

Naismith EVE FWD 14.1% 5.1 9 9 18 * *
Berahino WBA FWD 6.9% 5.6 13 2 15 * OUT
Adebayor TOT FWD 4.5% 8.5 2 12 14 - IN *

GW1 DT follows FPL 133p one, except with Naismith 9p in place of Clyne, as the fwd can grant 9p in GW2 too (and indeed he's in Overall DT)

with GW1 fifteeen listed above, you'd have to use Cesc 6p, Sigurd 5p and Sterling or Berahino 2p to complete GW2 eleven
We have tho Adebayor's 12p to bring in for GW2 with the FT. In such case the one to sell is another FWD, that is Berahino.
This way we'd have a 113p GW2 DT, bringing our total to 246
much better than 199, and only 10 less than 256 !

Note that having already Dier (overall topscorer) and Chadli (GW2 topscorer) in the team from Spurs, to bring in Adebayor in GW2 we are prevented to consider Rose for the team. His 6+9=15p overall are made up for by Koscielny GW1 10p and "provisionally" by Sigurd GW2 5p.

Furtherly, there are 3 MID left out with 10p in GW2.
At this point the lowest score used in GW2 is indeed Sigurd 5p.
As the additional Transfer cost is -4, we can increase the overall score by 1 more point :)
The first candidate was Mata, but he'd have broken the budget limit by a few £m decimals. So the next choiche is to SELL Sigurdsson after GW1 (!!!), to bring in Downing (there was Dyer too, same cost, 1p less overall).

In summary
133p with GW1 team
2 transfers
118p with GW2 team

total 133+118 = 251, -4 = 247

Almost all the players in FPL GW2 DT are also in our GW2 best team above,
with the excepion of 9p Coloccini and 10p Dyer and Mata.
They're replaced by Ramsey 9p (equivalent to Coloccini's), Naismith 9p too, and the notable exception of Fabregas with just 6p, a worthy tradeoff as he's 6th overall with 17p.
Bringing him Mata or Dyer in his place wouldn't have increased our 247 total anyway, as 10-6=4 that's the cost of the 3rd transfer

Finally, compare the figures above with the highest scoring actual FPL teams
GW1 101p Daygo Gunnaz Union (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/3857/history/) (he only then got 43p in GW2, 144p overall)
GW2 99p Martin's back (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1523040/history/) (he had 51p in GW1, 150 overall)
OVL 173p PSV Pitsmoor (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/756037/history/) (93+80, -74p or -30% than the legal best possible 247, and 27p less than 101+99=200)

MoSe
27-08-2014, 12:34:19
On price changes, does this help?

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

wow, at 1st glance, it's VERY interesting, THANKS

I had found (and you pointed me too) the FFS site earlier, I had browsed a few articles, but didn't see this one, so thanks again!

otoh in TFPL I saw posted this bit of news:
iklemarc reports: (1 Week Ago)
Re: Siggy Rise Qs - New seasons can bring changes to the price algorithm. It isn't revealed & must be worked out by TFPL

the FFS article is not datestamped, so I wonder whether it's up to date for newly started season, or how much would it be affected by the above alleged algorithm changes...

I trust studying it will step my knowledge up a lot anyway :)

MoSe
27-08-2014, 12:38:04
those 2 bits at the bottom were amogst the considerations I was going to insert in the planned Counterglow League Transfer Analisys post :D

Transfer players in that will go up by at least .2
Transfer players out that have made and even amount of profit and started to stall.

Fistandantilus
27-08-2014, 13:49:59
QUESTION:

had we chosen Chester as Captain, would have we doubled his -2 and got -4 as score ????

Yes, happened me in the past and it does indeed double negative scores.

Funko
27-08-2014, 14:56:47
I would laugh remembering that, but I got 2 red cards this week for the first time ever. :cry:

MoSe
27-08-2014, 15:23:21
thanks Fist :)
___

wow, at 1st glance, it's VERY interesting, THANKS
I trust studying it will step my knowledge up a lot anyway :)

reading it better, it's rather introductory, and 2006-based, but still useful :)

important: Rises are based on a fixed threshold, unrelated to number of owners

So a player owned by 3k teams, or Rooney owned by 1.5m teams, will need the same amount of NTI to get the increase
(rather primitive imho)

Whereas price losses NTO threshold is based instead on a % of their owners, thus the net amount is player-dependent
___

the main merit of the article is to link to FISO, and to their forum topic about FPL Price Changes

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979.html

that's much more detailed, and allegedly based on several years observations
they also have set up their own tool
http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php
apparently in competition with TotalFPL one (which they call "that other site", LOL)

alas, it looks like they were accessing source data from FPL site, which tho must have moved it elsewhwere last week, so FISO tool shows all blanks for price prediction :lol:

TFPL Price Changes still seems to be working tho, maybe they're smarter, or in more amicable terms with FPL :D

I picked up one page of data from TFPL Rises table, to check it with FISO theory
It looks like TFPL is based on a bit simpler assumptions, especially regard subsequent increases (see Sigurdsson)
their Raise threshold looks to be around 58k NTI, with the difference that it doesn't reset for multilpe increases each GW as FISO gurus state

I'd trust that TFPL tool is less sophisticated than FISO, several changes look to be largely overdue according to them, and instead they don't occur
See for instance this morning Larsson got gthe +0.1, while Cattermole didn't despite at midnight he had a greater level than Larsson.
And TFPL Falls list has more than 50 entries above decrease target, a few since several days and some by over double the amount required....
Unfortunately we can't cross-check for it by comparing the two tools :lol:

MoSe
27-08-2014, 16:27:25
on to another topic :)

knowing that outside office hourse I can only access FPL from mobile,
I wanted to check which weekend would coincide with my potential leaves or holidays (*)

so I came up with this table, and as I was at it, I also charted how many matches were scheduled for different kickoff times in a day

GW Deadline Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
1 Sat 16 Aug 1.5.1 1.1 1
2 Sat 23 Aug 1.4.1 2.1 1
3 Sat 30 Aug 1.5.1 2.1

4 Sat 13 Sep 1.6.1 1 1
5 Sat 20 Sep 1.5.1 1.2
6 Sat 27 Sep 1.6.1 1 1
7 Sat 4 Oct 6.1 1.1.1

8 Sat 18 Oct 1.6 1.1 1
9 Sat 25 Oct 1.5.1 1.1 1
10 Sat 1 Nov 1.6 1.1 1
11 Sat 8 Nov 1.5.1 2.1

12 Sat 22 Nov 6.1 1.1 1
13 Sat 29 Nov 1.6.1 1.1 GW14
14*Tue 2 Dec 4.2 4
15 Sat 6 Dec 10
16 Sat 13 Dec 9 1
17 Sat 20 Dec 10 GW18
18 Fri 26 Dec 10
19 Sun 28 Dec 10 GW20
20 Thu 1 Jan 10

21 Sat 10 Jan 10
22 Sat 17 Jan 10

23 Sat 31 Jan 10
24 Sat 7 Feb 10 GW25
25*Tue 10 Feb 5.3 2

26 Sat 21 Feb 10
27 Sat 28 Feb 10 GW28
28*Tue 3 Mar 5.1 4

29 Sat 14 Mar 10
30 Sat 21 Mar 10

31 Sat 4 Apr 10
32 Sat 11 Apr 10
33 Sat 18 Apr 10
34 Sat 25 Apr 10
35 Sat 2 May 10
36 Sat 9 May 10
37 Sat 16 May 10
38 Sun 24 May 10GW Deadline Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri

all deadlines at 11:30 except * at 19:30
___

I'm not used in Serie A to Xmas holidays football, here I see ther'll be 3 GW in 6 days from boxing day to newyear, it will be madness, especially managing eventual transfers between GW 18 & 19

I also notice that from december on most GWs report all 10 matches starting at the same times in a single matchday, I wonder if that's just because they haven't actually arranged all fixtures yet

I also think to understand, having read in the FAQ & Rules about teams playing twice in the same gameweek (or no match at all), that apart weather conditions, fixtures can be unpredictably rescheduled depending on which teams will advance to further FA or League Cup rounds, and whether cup matches will have to be replayed
___

(*)
go figure that I had to place 2 days my company will force me to take in October either on a Fri or Mon
(long story, alas could not find a page in english http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contratto_di_solidariet%C3%A0)
and I decided to pick Fri 10 and Mon 13, when there's no FPL in the weekend! :lol:

MoSe
28-08-2014, 07:30:18
Eto'o joined Everton
..and Naismith price just went up TWICE this week! :lol:
I wonder how much playing time will the old guy actually get... they haven't hired him to read fairy tales to kids in the evening, for sure ;)

Balo joined Liverpool, bye-bye Lambert points. I was actually a bit upset he got 3p from an "OG-assist" just right AFTER i had transferred him out, but in the long-period I trust it was the right move to do

Angel Di Maria ([Holy] Mary's Angel, isn't that a cute name? ;)) joined ManU, who'll have to leave him room on the pitch?

this is what happened at ManU in first two GW

Player MUN POS owned price GW1 GW2 OP MIN

De Gea MUN GKP 16.5% £ 5.5 1 2 3 180

Jones MUN DEF 7.6% £ 5.5 4 2 6 180
Blackett MUN DEF 0.8% £ 4.5 - 2 2 180
Smalling MUN DEF 1.6% £ 5.4 1 1 2 133
Keane MUN DEF 0.1% £ 4.5 - 1 1 47

Mata MUN MID 19.4% £ 8.9 2 10 12 180
Young MUN MID 5.1% £ 5.3 1 1 2 180
Fletcher MUN MID 1.0% £ 5.0 2 2 4 152
Januzaj MUN MID 2.9% £ 6.5 2 1 3 95
Valencia MUN MID 0.6% £ 5.9 - 7 7 90
Cleverley MUN MID 0.1% £ 5.4 - 1 1 90
Herrera MUN MID 5.6% £ 7.4 2 - 2 66
Nani MUN MID 1.0% £ 7.0 1 - 1 45 joined SCP
Fellaini MUN MID 0.3% £ 6.4 1 - 1 24
Lingard MUN MID 0.2% £ 4.5 1 - 1 23

Rooney MUN FWD 45.8% £10.5 7 2 9 180
RVP MUN FWD 2.7% £12.5 - 2 2 62
Hernández MUN FWD 0.9% £ 5.9 1 - 1 45
Welbeck MUN FWD 1.3% £ 6.9 - 1 1 28

MoSe
28-08-2014, 07:51:07
..and Naismith price just went up TWICE this week!

taking from http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php
(they lost direct access to transfers data, but at least they keep track of all Changes since the beginning, which TFPL doesn't)

THIS WEEK
(that is, since saturday night, after GW2 deadline expired)

Sun 24
8.0 to 7.9 Stevan Jovetic
6.2 to 6.3 Gylfi Sigurdsson
9.0 to 9.1 Aaron Ramsey
5.0 to 5.1 Steven Naismith
5.0 to 5.1 Ki Sung-Yueng
5.0 to 5.1 Nathaniel Clyne
4.0 to 4.1 Alan Hutton

Mon 25
5.1 to 5.2 Eric Dier
7.0 to 7.1 Branislav Ivanovic

Tue 26
9.1 to 9.2 Francesc Fábregas

Wed 27
7.9 to 8.0 Stevan Jovetic
5.5 to 5.6 Sebastian Larsson

Thu 28 (today)
6.3 to 6.4 Gylfi Sigurdsson
8.0 to 8.1 Stevan Jovetic
5.1 to 5.2 Steven Naismith
4.5 to 4.6 Lee Cattermole

in bold those who got two in this same week
underlined those who increased more than 0.1 from base price

note how Jovetic "rebounded" (or you'd better say "bounced"?) from a previous price fall, always this same GW!
it's true that City played monday night, so sunday morning Fall was still due to his GW1 performance
then he got "bam-bam" two Rises in consecutive days after he braced v LIV
a quick profit for those who bought him on tuesday

Funko
28-08-2014, 09:11:06
I also notice that from december on most GWs report all 10 matches starting at the same times in a single matchday, I wonder if that's just because they haven't actually arranged all fixtures yet

Yes, the TV companies haven't decided which matches to screen for those yet.

MoSe
28-08-2014, 17:50:57
FIST!

Sunderland signed Ricky Alvarez on loan + option
You can pick an Inter player in FPL !!! :p

Fistandantilus
28-08-2014, 18:27:09
Does he start tho?

MoSe
28-08-2014, 19:41:44
dunno, read the news on TFPL linkin to this

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/28/sunderland-sign-inter-milans-ricky-alvarez-on-loan-report/?

MoSe
29-08-2014, 06:27:12
I already used my FT yesterday, but couldn't help to spend 4p for another one now :(

important: Rises are based on a fixed threshold, unrelated to number of owners
[FISO] also have set up their own tool
apparently in competition with TotalFPL one (which they call "that other site", LOL)
alas, it looks like they were accessing source data from FPL site, which tho must have moved it elsewhwere last week, so FISO tool shows all blanks for price prediction :lol:

I'd trust that TFPL tool is less sophisticated than FISO, several changes look to be largely overdue according to them, and instead they don't occur
... TFPL Falls list has more than 50 entries above decrease target, a few since several days and some by over double the amount required....

Unfortunately we can't cross-check for it by comparing the two tools :lol:

FISO Price tool is working again

I'll try to paste screenshots rather than copypasting table data, albeit this will need a post each

MoSe
29-08-2014, 06:30:03
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/stats/elements/?element_filter=0&stat_filter=transfers_in_event

MoSe
29-08-2014, 06:32:40

sorted by "Todays NTI"

MoSe
29-08-2014, 06:37:27

Sorted by "NTI Today"
it says updated yesterday (by 12:00 I assume they mean "noon"?)
it doesen't report indeed the Rise Chadli had this morning

MoSe
29-08-2014, 07:58:31
first of all you can see (I hope it's not too small, you can zoom :)),
the two tools report the NET tranfsers (IN-OUT)
while the FPL site has a page for the INs and a different page for the OUTs (which I didn't paste)
FPL GW OUTs are now roughly 16k for Naismith, 13k for Jovetic, 8k for Dier

so what TFPL call "todays" are actually "Round"
whereas FISO look to report the real "daily" amount
how that's important I actually can't really say, 'twould be nice to have both :)

Talking about Rise Threshold (I'll revert to tables now)

TFPL, sorted by "Progress", that is target Threshold, 100% means you reached enough NTI to rise

Team Player Sel.By Status Pos £ GW NTI Progress Up/down Change
Ast.Villa Guzan, Bradley 272,826 healthy GKR 4.5 54,319 149.30% Rising 92.40%
Man City Clichy, Gael 207,099 healthy DEF 5.5 40,838 146.60% Rising 69.40%
Tottenham Lloris, Hugo 311,729 healthy GKR 5.5 27,267 117.60% Rising 46.40%
Man Utd Di María, Ángel 72,882 healthy MID 9.5 67,173 114.20% Rising 114.20%
Tottenham Adebayor, Emman 170,082 healthy FWD 8.5 62,674 110.90% Rising 106.60%
Man City Silva, David 390,190 healthy MID 9 23,185 109.20% Rising 39.40%
Man City Agüero, Sergio 217,771 healthy FWD 12 47,582 105.60% Rising 80.90%
West Brom Wisdom, Andre 292,993 healthy DEF 4 50,899 104.90% Rising 86.50%
Arsenal Ramsey, Aaron 1,408,350 healthy MID 9.1 119,099 101.30% Rising 101.30%
Newcastle Dummett, Paul 242,369 healthy DEF 4 44,859 99.00% Rising 76.30%

Note that New signings, like Di Maria, are "protected" for the 1st GW or so (it's like "pre-season" picks for hims)
I wonder tho how according to FPL itself, he can have
IN (round) 69,954
OUT (round) 2,328
and MORE owners according to TFPL than the IN transfers FPL declares...

here's instead yesterday's FISO

Status Name Position Team Price Ownership NTI Today Target %
Bradley Guzan Goalkeeper Aston Villa 4.5 265,028 2,858 132.6
Gael Clichy Defender Man City 5.5 199,102 2,978 129.7
Yellow Diego Costa Forward Chelsea 10.6 1,324,770 -16,514 121.7
Yellow Ron Vlaar Defender Aston Villa 4.6 843,743 -1,990 119
Raheem Sterling Midfielder Liverpool 8.6 1,170,957 734 112.7
Nacer Chadli Midfielder Spurs 6 79,445 3,762 109.9
Saido Berahino Forward West Brom 5.6 219,752 2,232 108.1
Hugo Lloris Goalkeeper Spurs 5.5 307,089 1,337 107.8
David Silva Midfielder Man City 9 385,249 1,289 98.4
Andre Wisdom Defender West Brom 4 285,781 2,638 90.2
Aaron Ramsey Midfielder Arsenal 9.1 1,391,479 5,723 86.5
Paul Dummett Defender Newcastle 4 236,051 2,184 85.3
Emman Adebayor Forward Spurs 8.5 155,342 6,670 83.9
Danny Rose Defender Spurs 5 97,790 3,119 81
Sergio Agüero Forward Man City 12 202,650 4,897 79.6
Allan McGregor Goalkeeper Hull 5 112,409 1,316 78.1
Ángel Di María Midfielder Man Utd 9.5 48,969 11,265 73.9

considering TFPL has 20 more hours transfers in their figures,
with Guzan and Clichy they almost agree

FISO reports then 4 players that according to TFPL are further down (I'll scoop'em up)

Diego FISO 121.7 TFPL 15.4 (true there have been yesterday news about his training injury scare, but that's far from enough)

Vlaar FISO 119 TFPL 58.4
Sterling FISO 112.7 TFPL 60.7
Berahino FISO 108.1 TFPL 60.9

it must be because they reset thresholds for successive Raises in a different way
except Diego, you see indeed that TFPL "progress" towards the target are approx half than FISO ones
this means TFPL targets are still doubled (those players already had one Raise), while FISO has reset the targets to level one, as the raise occurred in previous GW

Chadli is the ONLY ONE who actuallty got his Raise this morning, so it's correct he restarted from 0.8% by TFPL for his next one, while FISO table is pre-raise

IN SUMMARY
both where they agree, and where not, the two tools were rather OFF "target"...
I can see no particular event (injuries or real life transfers) which could have prevented Guzan and Clichy from getting the Raise

their figures are tho more or less aligned with FPL Stats
I frankly can't say at this point whether the failed Raise it's because the two tools are "wrong" or "unreliable",
or because there are some more factors unaccounted for even by FISO self-appointed "gurus"
or rather FPL arbitrarily witholds or delays some Raises, to "add more pepper in the soup" ;)

Funko
29-08-2014, 08:24:37
:lol: at people transferring in and out Di Maria (I guess it's people who have played wildcard and are experimenting with lots of different setups for free)

MoSe
29-08-2014, 08:40:34
all this discussion might seem inane or nitpicking for you FPL veterans
I hope it's not offputting for the "other 6" League Managers :cute:
as I said, pleas allow me as a newbie "a few" GWs learning curve to get the hold of how it works and what's behind it :D
then I'll reduce my comments to the "strict necessary", in line with previous FPL threads style ;)
___

this all is tho relevant about what I posted earlier

I made my GW 2nd transfer Tuesday, as I had seen SOU Steven Davis over -100%, that's the Price Fall trigger, since monday
now he's at -156% (FISO even had him at -190% yesterday), but that's 4 days the tool predicts his Price should Fall, and it doesn't
:bash:

true, he was my worst MID
GW1 1p, bc of -1 for YC
GW1 1p, he got subbed at HT thus didn't even get the +1 for MID CS
so I already considered him "transfer fodder" material ;)
that is one I could sacrifice, had I the need to recover £0.5 to be better employed elsewhere to upgrade another position
or actually to be replaced by a better MID as I have some available £ in the bank from previous transfers

but hadn't I "feared" he'd also "dent" my budget, I'd probably have saved the -4p transfer cost and kept him till necessity (or a favorable circumstance) arose

what do I use to say? I'm SURE I'll regret it....

MoSe
29-08-2014, 09:19:23
'scuse me if I get back on the issue

can you explain me WHY Williamson does not appear to be suspended, despite he got a red card last match?

afaik, a red card should always lead to a suspension
doesn't it?

MoSe
29-08-2014, 09:29:41
on another note, according to TFPL Predicted Lineups (http://totalfpl.com/lineups),
this time Kolarov and Koscielny are to play
so I shouldn't fear a 0p defender remaining on the pitch, despite I kept suspended Chester in my squad (as bencher #3 oc)

Funko
29-08-2014, 11:52:16
Red card always triggers a suspension but it's not always for the next league match. Williamson was suspended for their cup match midweek.

MoSe
29-08-2014, 14:03:19
I thought Cup and BPL were two separate "accounts" :clueless:

...lucky you! :p

otoh does this mean that if a player got a red card in the League Cup, he could have been suspended for a BPL match?

Funko
29-08-2014, 14:09:09
Yes.

MoSe
29-08-2014, 17:07:12
Cambiasso joined Leicester, another Inter piece in BPL (hey, they snatched Osvaldo away...)
___

Van Gaal: Rojo still needs work permit (http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Aug/Louis-van-Gaal-waits-on-Marcos-Rojo-work-permit.aspx?newsid=5A80D5C7-3C91-4317-A53E-53B1B7698CA4)

Louis van Gaal does not believe Marcos Rojo will obtain a work permit ahead of Saturday’s trip to Burnley, though the Manchester United manager says it is only a matter of time until the process is complete.

...van Gaal vented his frustration: “I cannot change the law of Argentina.
I am Manchester United manager, which is the biggest club in the world, but I cannot change the law"

Notably, the difference between Rojo and his compatriot Angel Di Maria is the latter has an Italian passport thanks to his grandparents.

wow, I didn't know that :)

MoSe
29-08-2014, 17:26:31
:hmm: at the risk of giving some hint away, but after all you vets will have been wathcing it long before I post this, I'd ask about Liverpool:

with Balotelli signing we were already wondering who'll have to leave him room at the front
now Lallana is fit to be selected (http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169872-lallana-available-for-squad-at-spurs), although lacking game time, maybe not fit to start
Having his price dropped by 0.1 to $8.4, he'd be one to watch ...or maybe not?
I had him in my watchlist (I had actullaly selected him in my first draft) because of his positive stats last season (I hadn't learned yet that he played in Southampton (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28346161) tho :cute: )
this GW according to FPL Stats he had 229 INs and 2,433 OUTs
didn't the effect of his comback begin to show yet, or 99% of FPL managers just do not regard him as a worthy objective? :hmm:

MoSe
30-08-2014, 21:24:05
GW3 - 3 sunday games to go

Top6fin 55 >3 to play (Naismith 9p on B#2)

Schubbe 42* >4
Stairwl 41 >4
Glum Fb 40 >4

Monkeys 26 >2
Balls 22 >6 +B#2

Belmont 18* >6
Trollsl 18* >4 +C
4-1-6 17 >5 +C

* with 1sub

for me GW1 38p, GW2 41p, this will rasily be my low :(
and other teams haveore players yet to play, so I might be league GW3 worst too

MoSe
31-08-2014, 09:38:07
for my records, as TFPL only keeps track of recent entries, and FISO has dates wrong & it's atm unreliable
Sun 24
8.0 to 7.9 Stevan Jovetic
6.2 to 6.3 Gylfi Sigurdsson
9.0 to 9.1 Aaron Ramsey
5.0 to 5.1 Steven Naismith
5.0 to 5.1 Ki Sung-Yueng
5.0 to 5.1 Nathaniel Clyne
4.0 to 4.1 Alan Hutton
Mon 25
5.1 to 5.2 Eric Dier
7.0 to 7.1 Branislav Ivanovic
Tue 26
9.1 to 9.2 Francesc Fábregas
Wed 27
7.9 to 8.0 Stevan Jovetic
5.5 to 5.6 Sebastian Larsson
Thu 28
6.3 to 6.4 Gylfi Sigurdsson
8.0 to 8.1 Stevan Jovetic
5.1 to 5.2 Steven Naismith
4.5 to 4.6 Lee Cattermole
Fri 29
6.0 to 6.1 Chadli
Sat 30
+0.1 Jovetic Clichy Adebayor
Sun 31
+0.1 Naismith Aguero

MoSe
31-08-2014, 15:51:24
GW3 - LEI v ARS to go
Top6fin 56 >2 Debuchy Ramsey (Naismith 9p on B#2)
Schubbe 54*

Stairwl 45 >2 Debuchy Ramsey
Glum Fb 43 >2 Debuchy Sanchez

Monkeys 34^ >1 Koscielny
Balls 34*^ >2 Debuchy Szczesny no bench
Belmont 32* >1 Ramsey
Trollsl 32*^>1 Ramsey

4-1-6 20 >2+C Szczesny, C Ramsey

* with 1sub
^ Bonuses as estimated by TFPL

Funko
31-08-2014, 16:13:18
15 points plus bonuses on the bench. Annoying.

Funko
01-09-2014, 08:43:35
Transfer window ending, and 2 weeks until next gameweek means it can be a great time to play a wildcard, and make a lot of trades over the 2 weeks (at no points loss) to make money, and finalise a revamped team before next gameweek.

MoSe
01-09-2014, 08:53:25
always for my records :D

GW3
Sun 24 +0.1 6.3 Sigurdsson, 9.1 Ramsey, 5.1 Naismith, Ki, Clyne, 4.1 Hutton;
-0.1 7.9 Jovetic
Mon 25 +0.1 5.2 Dier, 7.1 Ivanovic
Tue 26 +0.1 9.2 Fábregas
Wed 27 +0.1 8.0 Jovetic, 5.6 Larsson
Thu 28 +0.1 6.4 Sigurdsson, 8.1 Jovetic, 5.2 Naismith, 4.6 Cattermole
Fri 29 +0.1 6.1 Chadli
Sat 30 +0.1 8.2 Jovetic, 5.6 Clichy, 8.6 Adebayor

GW4
Sun 31 +0.1 5.3 Naismith, 12.1 Aguero
Mon 01 +0.1 10.6 Diego Costa, 8.7 Sterling, 6.5 Sigurdsson, 5.6 Dyer, Weimann, 5.4 Dier
FISO CTC seems to be now more spot-on:
they recorded and predicted the correct rises,
only Guzan is held back by FPL for some unknown reason

TFPL instead failed to update today (*)
TFPL only was predicting right Diego Costa & Dyer
they missed: Sterling 73.6%, Weimann 72.2%, Sigurdsson 69.0%, Dier 66.9% (you see how for them these are all a good 30% away from target)
they wronlgy predicted: Wisdom 104.1%, Lloris 101.1%, Ramsey 100.5%

OK, the latter 3 were barely past the Threshold, we can allow for some error margin :)
for comparison, FISO CTC updated 9AM this morning gives them at:
Wisdom 93.1%, Lloris 92.7%, Ramsey 92.7%

(*) OK, they updated their site while I was posting, they give 10:23 as update time.. this means it's CET, not GMT, odd.

MoSe
01-09-2014, 10:08:50
Transfer window ending, and 2 weeks until next gameweek means it can be a great time to play a wildcard, and make a lot of trades over the 2 weeks (at no points loss) to make money, and finalise a revamped team before next gameweek.

Yes, I was of course considering that.
I see Walrus has indeed activated his WC now.

caveats:

- even with 2 weeks time, allowing more time for greater price swings, you still need a Double Rise to make a 0.1 profit
player who got DR in a single GW are very few, dunno whether 2 weeks will let more than 3 or 4 players get a DR
besides, *provided*you then really want to sell a player who's so much appreciated :)
e.g., regardless GWs , WC and transfer costs, I bought Sigurdsson at 6.1 and he's today at 6.5... should I sell him, I'd gain 0.2 as his Selling Price is 6.3 for me. Why should I tho sell a regular starter who so far also regularly scored some extra points EVERY GW? Are there around 5 MIDs really better than he is, to make me want to cash his 0.2 profit? Should I then want him back, i'd have to pay him 6.5, not 6.3, nullifying the profiti I'd make now...

- I know there have been lot of scorers this weekend, with braces too...
I have indeed for now already made TWO Tranfers this GW :D (I'll never learn & I'm SURE I'll regret it & Hi, I'm MoSe, I'm a Transfers Addict), but I'll have the option to activate the WC ANYTIME before next Sept 13 deadline, and it will cover all the transfers made earlier in the GW. So I can monitor whether favorable profit conditions actually arise, or decide to stop where I am for now and keep the WC for later.

- there is a similar 2 weeks window in a month, after GW7 (that's why in the beginning I was asking to join at GW8 :lol: )
3 games might be too few, current DT players form might be fleeting, we'd need to assess the effect of new big signings over a few more games time...
...and I think I'll be able to make better choices after 7 games than after 3
of course I sohuld hope for similar goalfests in GW7 too, to trigger herdlike migrations...
:hmm: LIV v EVE, CHE v AVL, HUL v MCI, MUN v WHU, ARS v TOT...
OTOH the trade-off is to drag on 4 more weeks with the mediocre initial team... but with all the (costly) TR I already made so fare, there's only half of it remaining! :D

- I'll be leaving wed till mon (included) and I don't want to monitor price and transfers 6 days long from mobile, while I could also be busy 10 hrs per day playing hold'em :D

MoSe
01-09-2014, 13:44:40
TEAM 3 S B DNP S C B on Bench Hi thanB Team C B

Top6fin 60 11 - - 49 11 - 3 6,6,- 12 2 1,1 72 1 11
Glum Fb 55 11 - - 53 2 - 2 2,1,2 11 1 65 9 1
Schubbe 54 10 1 - 50 2 2 - -,6,2 12 ° 1 69 10 5 °-1p GK must play over DNP GK despite 0 > -1
Stairwl 49 11 - - 47 2 - 6 1,1,- 11 2 62 9 4

Monkeys 38 11 - - 36 2 - - 2,2,- 11 1,1 49 9 2
Balls 37 9 2 - 34 2 1 - -,-,- 12 47 10 -
Belmont 34 10 1 - 31 2 1 6 -,-,5 11 2 0 52 9 9
Trollsl 34 10 1 - 31 2 1 2 -,1,2 11 -1,1 46 9 3

4-1-6 25 11 - - 23 2 - 2 2,1,- 7 1 -1 34 5 4

except 4-1-6, everybody else had 11p Sigurdsson and/or 12p Diego Costa
except Funko, they chose a 2p Captain instead, "wasting" 9/10p :) (4/9 were Rooney who couldn't score @BUR :shoot: )
___

TEAM DEPTH

TEAM gw Pitch Bench
(AFTER subs)
Top6fin 60 12 11 9 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 3 6 6 -
Glum Fb 55 11 10 9 7 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 2
Schubbe 54 12 11 9 7 5 2 2 2 2 1-1 - - 6 2
Stairwl 49 11 9 6 5 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 6 1 1 -

Monkeys 38 11 11 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 - 2 2 -
Balls 37 12 7 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 0 - - - -
Belmont 34 11 7 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 0 6 - - 5
Trollsl 34 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1-1 2 - 1 2

4-1-6 25 7 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1-1 2 2 1 -

MoSe
01-09-2014, 18:07:50
consolidated GW Stats

GW used Points team Ideal waste Trsf Ovl
TEAM Pts S B DNP S C B high Team C B Cost Pts WC

4-1-6 161 32 1 - 131 21 9 30 181 9 11 - 161 > avl
Top6fin 168 33 - - 142 26 - 32 196 6 22 -12 156 > avl
Belmont 161 31 2 - 129 18 14 38 201 20 20 -12 149 Active
Stairwl 147 33 - - 138 9 - 33 201 24 30 - 4 143 Active
Glum Fb 140 30 2 1 122 15 3 34 184 19 25 - 140 Played
Schubbe 138 31 2 - 127 6 5 34 174 28 8 - 138 Played
Trollsl 128 30 3 - 113 10 5 30 159 20 11 - 128 > avl
Balls 126 29 3 1 108 15 3 26 138 11 1 - 126 > avl
Monkeys 117 30 3 - 105 6 6 30 144 24 3 -12 105 > avl

it's a trial, I don't know if it makes any sense: it sums the stats from each GW so far

some explanations, by examples

used: S B DNP
Glum used in total 30 players from the 33 "Starting 11" he picked,
twice he recurred to automatic substitutions (bringing on from Bench 3p for those 2 subs),
once he picked one who Did Not Play but could not be subbed

Points S C B & team high
Belmont got only 128 of his 161p from the 31 S he actually used
18p came from the Captain bonuses (10+6+2)
14p he brought on with 2 suBs (13p by Sigurdsson in GW1, 1p by Cahill in GW3)
his 3 GW Top Players (team high) tally 38p: 13p Sterling/Sigurdsson, 14p Dier, 11p Sigurdsson.
waste: C B
He only got 18p with his Captains, so he "wasted" 38-18=20p of his Captain potential
He could have gained 20p more with the "ideal" Starters picks, whiche were instead wasted on the Bench
So, with a crystal ball to scry optimal team and Captain picks ;), his Ideal Score would have been 161+20+20=201p

___

maybe this will make even less sense :cute:

consolidated 3 GWs TEAM DEPTH
TEAM GWp Pitch (AFTER subs) LEFT on Bench
Top GK #1 #2 #3
4-1-6 161 30 23 21 13 13 13 10 6 5 5 1 9 3 6 2
Top6fin 168 32 27 21 15 11 10 9 7 6 4 0 7 16 7 -
Belmont 161 38 29 18 14 10 9 9 7 4 4 1 6 2 5 15
Stairwl 147 31 28 19 16 13 6 6 6 5 5 3 6 10 19 5
Glum Fb 140 28 22 20 17 10 7 6 6 4 4 1 10 2 9 15
Schubbe 138 34 26 20 16 9 6 6 6 5 3 1 - - 9 6
Trollsl 128 30 24 15 12 10 6 6 6 6 3 0 10 - 1 8
Balls 126 26 20 16 10 9 9 7 6 4 4 1 - - 2 1
Monkeys 117 30 24 13 10 9 8 6 5 3 3 0 - 2 3 3
remember these are 3 GW totals... makng the avg would be more meaningful, but all the decimals would clutter it too much

also note that for instance the 3rd column is the sum of the points by your 3 "3rd scorers" from the 3 gameweeks, which could well be different players each GW

that would be nice ot chart..... YAY! :D
taking myself as example, you see that my Top 2 players each GW are in average, overall, while I'm very weak with my 3rd and 4th performers
Have fun checking yours :)

MoSe
02-09-2014, 08:16:04
to end the tables orgy before I leave tomorrow (Italian Poker Tour @ Sanremo :), back on Tue 09),
here is the summary of the info you can all find in the "View Gameweek history" page for each team

Ovl GW1 GW2 GW3 GW4 Team Value
TEAM Pts GP T -C GP T -C GP T -C GW2 GW3 curr =team+bank

4-1-6 (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2056301/history/) 161 67 - - 69 1 - 25 1 - 100.1 100.4 100.7 100.1 0.6
Top6fin (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/46922/history/) 156 51 3 -8 57 2 -4 60 1 - 100.4 100.7 101.2 100.9 0.3
Belmont (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/35768/history/) 149 64 2 -4 63 3 -8 34 ? WC 100.5 100.9 101.4 100.2 1.2
Stairwl (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/146937/history/) 143 49 - - 49 3 -4 49 ? WC 100.3 100.7 101.4 100.9 0.5
Glum Fb (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1928020/history/) 140 41 1 - 44 6 WC 55 - - 100.1 99.9 100.0 98.9 1.1
Schubbe (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/633157/history/) 138 40 - - 44 9 WC 54 - - 99.9 100.3 100.7 100.2 0.5
Trollsl (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1235655/history/) 128 52 - - 42 - - 34 - - 99.8 99.4 99.5 99.5 -
Balls (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/294121/history/) 126 54 1 - 35 1 - 37 1 - 100.3 100.2 100.2 98.6 1.6
Monkeys (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/950163/history/) 105 38 3 -8 41 2 -4 38 2 -4* 100.4 100.6 100.8 98.5 2.3

* unless I play the WC before GW4 deadline

of course GW4 Transfers and curr.Team Value are "so far", subject to further changes before Sat 13 deadline

I propose Walrus should change his team name to '49ers :D

Funko
02-09-2014, 08:23:28
Excellent stuff MoSe. :beer:

MoSe
02-09-2014, 08:46:22
that's not a new table, but now that I found the "new" Counterglow can handle bigger attachments than last time I was here, let's try to add a chart to this one too :D

consolidated GW Stats

GW used Points team Ideal waste Trsf Ovl
TEAM Pts S B DNP S C B high Team C B Cost Pts WC

4-1-6 161 32 1 - 131 21 9 30 181 9 11 - 161 > avl
Top6fin 168 33 - - 142 26 - 32 196 6 22 -12 156 > avl
Belmont 161 31 2 - 129 18 14 38 201 20 20 -12 149 Active
Stairwl 147 33 - - 138 9 - 33 201 24 30 - 4 143 Active
Glum Fb 140 30 2 1 122 15 3 34 184 19 25 - 140 Played
Schubbe 138 31 2 - 127 6 5 34 174 28 8 - 138 Played
Trollsl 128 30 3 - 113 10 5 30 159 20 11 - 128 > avl
Balls 126 29 3 1 108 15 3 26 138 11 1 - 126 > avl
Monkeys 117 30 3 - 105 6 6 30 144 24 3 -12 105 > avl

in the chart TC are not deducted

MoSe
02-09-2014, 09:23:27
from https://twitter.com/premierleague?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Ffantas y.premierleague.com%2F&profile_id=343627165&tw_i=506702733244907521&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=347743235730468865

DEF £ 5.0m (SOU) Alderweireld

MID £ 7.0m (SOU) Mane
MID £ 6.0m (SUN) Alvarez
MID £ 5.5m (MUN) Blind
MID £ 5.5m (CRY) McArthur
MID £ 5.0m (TOT) Stambouli
MID £ 5.0m (WHU) Amalfitano
MID £ 5.0m (WHU) Song
MID £ 5.0m (QPR) Kranjcar

FWD £11.0m (MUN) Falcao
FWD £ 7.0m (HUL) Hernandez [Abel]
FWD £ 5.0m (CRY) Doyle

with all the inside BPL transfers too,
we'll have to reasses the whole rosters from ALL teams, to understand who'll have the chance to lose or gain game time
that's why I didn't want to play the WC right now (but still could next week if I change my mind ;))

e.g.: at the current OUT rates, Rooney is set for a Price Drop before next deadline
I dind't swap him out yet, only bc of his run-in vQPR @LEI vWHU (albeit he failed to score @BUR)
Now that Falcao's in, who'll play in ManU frontline?
Rooney-Falcao-RVP together?... unlikely? at £10.5 Rooney is now the cheapest of this trio, lol
Is Falcao already fit after the injury which kept him out of WC?
Will his presence, take away scoring chances from Rooney?
Or will he open spaces and create more?
I saw few seasons ago in Champions league that Wayne adapted to play full-back for parts of a game if necessity arose. Without going that far, will LVG shift him a bit back in a positiom more distant from goal?

MoSe
02-09-2014, 13:01:38
with all the inside BPL transfers too,
we'll have to reasses the whole rosters from ALL teams, to understand who'll :clueless:

this might help too
http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Transfers_Summer_2014.html

Funko
02-09-2014, 13:44:05
RVP apparently injured/needs an operation, so Rooney will play. I'm keeping him but have dropped Mata.

Funko
02-09-2014, 13:45:16
Doyle may have been a Reading Premier League Legend, but Guardian said he scored 5 times in 33 appearances in Championship and League 1, not sure why he's back.

Walrus Feeder
06-09-2014, 20:42:18
Agreed. Doyle hasn't performed for ages.

Fantastic analysis Mose. Interesting breakdown of score - captain - points on bench. I've used my wildcard as of last Sunday and feel my squad is better off overall for it and some of the players i've brought in have already gone up in value and some who i transferred out have gone down so can be optimistic from now - injuries permitting for the international break.

MoSe
09-09-2014, 12:11:07
Transfer window ending, and 2 weeks until next gameweek means it can be a great time to play a wildcard,
and make a lot of trades over the 2 weeks (at no points loss) to make money, and finalise a revamped team before next gameweek.

- even with 2 weeks time, allowing more time for greater price swings, you still need a Double Rise to make a 0.1 profit
players who got DR in a single GW are very few, dunno whether 2 weeks will let more than 3 or 4 players get a DR [only 1 so far... the one Funko chose]
besides, *provided*you then really want to sell a player who's so much appreciated :)
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/post2576510.html#p2576510
being self-appointed "Fantasy & Interactive Sports Online FISO - the World's Leading Fantasy Sports Community", they got to the same conclusion :)
...but the concept of using the wildcard during the first international break
to make money or secure the team you want immediately rather than over many weeks has effectively been quoshed.
Positioning for that first price rise is easy, but the second one that makes it possible to sell at a profit is proving elusive.
I regret using mine now knowing I could've taken my time getting certain players in as they only seem to be having a 0.1 rise rather than 0.3 or 0.4.

MoSe
09-09-2014, 12:23:16
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113029

can we have similar interesting exchange of opinions here too,
or do you keep your insights for yourself, and I'll have to register there? ;)

or do y'all talk FPL in the Secret Forum? :p

Funko
09-09-2014, 12:57:27
I didn't play a wildcard to make money, I'm doing ok so far and it can give you a big boost later in the season.

Funko
09-09-2014, 12:58:57
Sturridge injury probably puts a spanner in the works for most of those people. I'd stick with Agurero if I had him, I'm sticking with Rooney and Costa for now.

MoSe
10-09-2014, 06:24:32
damn, Rooney finally went down 0.1...
Hope he'll repay our trust in the upcoming favorable fixtures

otoh I have £2.3m in the bank, I hope that -0.1 won't dent my options too much

MoSe
10-09-2014, 08:49:05
Ovl Team Value -SELLING-
TEAM Pts curr =team+bank FEE NET V

4-1-6 (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2056301/history/) 161 100.6 100.0 0.6 0.5 100.1
Top6fin (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/46922/history/) 156 101.2 100.9 0.3 1.0 100.2
Belmont (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/35768/history/) 149 101.5 100.3 1.2 0.8 100.7
Stairwl (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/146937/history/) 143 101.6 101.1 0.5 0.8 100.8
Glum Fb (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1928020/history/) 140 99.9 99.3 0.6 0.6 99.3
Schubbe (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/633157/history/) 138 100.6 100.1 0.5 0.7 99.9
Trollsl (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1235655/history/) 128 99.4 99.4 - 0.2 99.2
Balls (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/294121/history/) 126 100.2 98.6 1.6 0.5 99.7
Monkeys (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/950163/history/) 105 100.7 98.4 2.3 0.8 99.9

about the Sell-on Fee, making you need a +0.2 rise to make a +0.1 profit
I wanted to track the actual overall value (team+bank) I'd have available to spend should I sell all my players to buy a totally new team

Of course I can't see other team transfers made after aug 30th

taking table leader as example:

4-1-6
+0.3 Net +0.1 Fabregas
+0.2 Net +0.1 Ivanovic
+0.1 Net 0 Ramsey, Adebayor
-0.1 Anichebe
1 yet undisclosed Transfer this GW
TV 100.6 NET 100.1

Top 6
+0.5 Net +0.2 Sigurdsson
+0.3 Net +0.1 Fabregas, Naismith (rise +0.4 but bought after +0.1)
+0.2 Net +0.1 Dier (rise +0.4 but bought after +0.2)
+0.1 Net 0 Ramsey, Diego Costa, Chester (sold)
-0.1 Mata, Rooney, Sanogo (sold)
TV 101.2 NET 100.2

hhmmm... maybe I sohud focus more on the (potential) Fees.... it's easier
what you gained or lost it's already tallied in the TV

Belmont
Fee 0.3 Sigurdsson
Fee 0.2 Dier
Fee 0.1 Vlaar, Ramsey, Sterling
Fee 0 Schuerrle (bought after the raise, so no gain but 7.6 is the value you get)

Stairwell
Fee 0.3 Sigurdsson
Fee 0.2 Fabregas
Fee 0.1 Adebayor, Hutton, Ramsey

Glum
Fee 0.3 Sigurdsson
Fee 0.1 Vlaar, Jovetic, Dier

Schubbekutteveen
Fee 0.2 Sigurdsson, Dier
Fee 0.1 Hutton, Chadli, Sterling

Trollslottet
Fee 0.1 Ramsey, Agüero

Balls
Fee 0.3
Fee 0.2 Fabregas
Fee 0.1 Jovetic, Vlaar, Diego Costa

R.Monkeys
Fee 0.2 Sigurdsson
Fee 0.1 Koscielny, Chester, Dyer, Cattermole, Larsson, Diego Costa

MoSe
12-09-2014, 08:14:27
2 weeks, a long wait
can't wait for play to resume tomorrow! :beer:

MoSe
12-09-2014, 10:17:42
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/r-lambert-t113131.html

So I sold him at 7.5

Now that he's down at 7.2, and Sturridge injured for weeks, and Balo "unhinged" as his usual self, should I really consider bringing him back?
lol

MoSe
12-09-2014, 11:41:21
so, in midfield I have:

SWA Sigurdsson, Dyer - playing CHE (A)
SUN Cattermole, Larsson - playing TOT (H)

will the home/Away factor outweigh the opponent strength?
Not that Spurs are *much* weaker than Chelsea too...

the SWA duo are also better scoring so far, will they be smothered at Stamford?
for now, I'll leave the redstriped duo on the bench anyway :)
we'll see

Walrus Feeder
14-09-2014, 10:55:20
This was the week to have Costa. I sensibly brought him in for Rooney when Costa's valued dropped back to 10.5 and now he's 10.7. Had him as captain yesterday even though he was injury doubt, but wasn't far away from changing my captain to Sterling. Lucky i didn't!

Funko
14-09-2014, 17:11:56
Best to have Rooney AND Costa

MoSe
15-09-2014, 06:29:17
AND choosing the right captain between the two! :shoot:

MoSe
15-09-2014, 06:35:57
... so Rooney will play. I'm keeping him but have dropped Mata.

brilliant timing! :p

OUT Mata 9p (he dropped 0.1m Sat morning tho)
IN Sterling 1p (+0.1m on Sat 13)

MoSe
15-09-2014, 06:59:42
This was the week to have Costa. ... Had him as captain yesterday even though he was injury doubt, but wasn't far away from changing my captain to Sterling. Lucky i didn't!

Bas did!

Costa 17p
Rooney 10p (apparently he lost a 2nd Bonus point to Herrera in the last minutes)
Sterling 1p (and he only got in at 61')

Top 6 - C Costa, V Rooney
Stairwell - C Costa, V Sterling
Glum - C Rooney, V Di Maria 14p (doesn't have Costa, they sold him for Jovetic in GW3)
4-1-6 - have none, C Ivanovic 1p, V Fabregas 10p
Schubbekutteveen - C Sterling, V Costa
Balls - C Fabregas, V Costa
Belmont - have none*, C Balo 2p, V Sanchez 6p (*SOLD Costa Sat 13th morning to get Adebayor)
Trolls - have none, C Ivanovic 1p, V Naismith 1p, had Aguero 6p
R.Monkeys - C Rooney, V Costa

so, 5 teams have Costa (2 had sold him), only 2 appointed him Captain, the other 3 had him as Vice anyway
2 had a 10-pointer for Captain so lost 7p
Bas hopes to see Costa promoted from V to C crashed when Sterling got in from bench at the hour
except the 1st two, the only other team who didn't have V scoring better than C was Fist... :cute:

MoSe
15-09-2014, 07:18:23
BTW, this morning at 0.30am (CET) decided on a whim to sell Terry, albeit the Price Changes sites predicitons were contradictory and unconclusive.
I did some guesswork on my own from FPL INs & OUTs, and CTC historical ownership data. (all from cramped mobile display)
Just in time, indeed he dropped 0.1m
OK, I can't go on just chasing the scores and the market, and I deprive myself of a "proven performer" who could have repaid me in the long run...
BUT after all he'll have MCI (A) next, and if I can resist this GW to use a 2nd Tr, if I really want him I can always bring him back next GW (although I'll probably find loads of better DEF options)

after all, Buy Low and Sell High is not the only way to make money on the market
you can also Sell High first, then re-Buy Low :D

MoSe
15-09-2014, 17:05:17
I forgot we have a Monday Night :)
few teams have players involved, so most scores are final as you see them in the league table

Stairwl 69
Top6fin 66
Glum Fb 63 (61 +2p Rodwell in for Jovetic)

Monkeys 56 +> Chester (ev.sub: Kolarov 4p) -- TC-4p
Balls 56 +> 1 sub for Jovetic: #1 >Bruce, #2 >Cresswell -- TC-4p
Schubbe 56 (51 +5p #3 Hutton in for Jones, not 2p #1 Berahino by the 3def rule)

4-1-6 34 +> Livermore (ev.subs: >Elmohamady, Anichebe 2p)
Trollsl 28 +> Davies (ev.sub: Delph 3p)
Belmont 28

Bruce only played 45' in GW1 so far, and he's not predicted as starter by TFPL Lineups (http://totalfpl.com/lineups), so I bolded Cresswell for Balls (who's the only WHU player listed above)

MoSe
15-09-2014, 18:32:58
Livermore & Davies start, so no FPL subs for 4-1-6 and Fist
Chester on the bench, unless he gets in underway I'll get Kolarov's 4p as sub
Bruce not in squad, Cresswell will play for Balls

MoSe
16-09-2014, 07:52:38
QUESTION:

if I Filter the table for "September" (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/15029/standings/?phase=3),
I get full GW4 points, without the TC-4p deduction for Transfers I made in GW4
(i.e. after GW3 deadline, which was August last GW)

Fer sure those transfers and their cost should pertain to September and not to August???

Or maybe for "September purposes", anything happening before 1st September deadline, gets treated as if it was "September pre-season", that is "preseason-like" free???
(of course september-free, not overall-free :D)

MoSe
16-09-2014, 18:20:21
graphs tomorrow :)

TEAM 4 S B DNP S C B on Bench Hi thanB Team C B

Stairwl 69 11 - - 52 17 - 1 2,5,2 17 1,1,1 75 - 6
Top6fin 66 11 - - 49 17 - 1 2,0,- 17 -1 69 - 3
Glum Fb 63 10 1 - 51 10 2 1 -,2,5 14 0,0 74 4 7
Monkeys 60 10 1 - 46 10 4 - -,5,2 17 -1 1* 73 7 6 *3def
Balls 57 10 1 - 46 10 1 - -,-,- 17 64 7 -
Schubbe 56 10 1 - 50 1 5 - 2,-,- 17 1 0* 73 16 1 *3def

4-1-6 35 11 - - 34 1 - 1 4,6,- 10 0,1 53 9 9
Belmont 28 11 - - 26 2 - 1 2,3,5 6 0,1,1 40 4 8
Trollsl 27 11 - - 26 1 - 2 3,2,1 6 1-1,0,1 39 5 7

TEAM GW Pitch (AFTER subs) LEFT on Bench
Top GK #1 #2 #3
Stairwl 69 17 10 6 5 5 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 2 5 2
Top6fin 66 17 10 10 5 2 2 2 1 1 0-1 1 2 0 -
Glum Fb 63 14 10 10 6 6 2 2 2 1 0 0 1 ^ 2 5
Monkeys 60 17 10 6 6 4 2 2 2 1 1-1 - ^ 5 2
Balls 57 17 10 6 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 0 - - ^ -
Schubbe 56 17 10 9 6 5 2 2 2 1 1 0 - 2 - ^

4-1-6 35 10 6 5 5 3 2 1 1 1 1 0 1 4 6 -
Belmont 28 6 6 5 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 2 3 5
Trollsl 27 6 6 5 3 2 2 1 1 1 0-1 2 3 2 1

Fistandantilus
17-09-2014, 22:17:50
WTF, I have a lot of stuff to read :lol:

MoSe
18-09-2014, 09:39:30
check this too!

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/post2583045.html#p2583045

MoSe
18-09-2014, 13:52:30
oh, my, what have you drawn me into...

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/statistics-t112613.html

this is worse than baseball!
;)
it's 3.30pm, and I've worked less than 1 hour being optimistic, spending the rest to peruse FISO !!! :lol:

MoSe
21-09-2014, 15:24:26
Shhooot
Kolarov starts despite 2 sites predicted him on the bench,
Fonte scored 7p @SWA and he'll remain on my bench...

MoSe
22-09-2014, 06:32:01
faithful to my team name, many decisions I can regret :beer:

didn't want to trade Kolarov off, as I had spent my GW FT at the beginning to get rid of Terry (and indeed he dropped in price), and didn't want the -4p hit this GW too.
I almost hoped I'd make it in time for the deadline, but no he dropped Sat morning.
As Clyne was the candidate to replace him, I know now I should have rather taken the hit as I'd have even gained points in the trade, on top of £m

Now that Kolarov isn't due for a new drop for a few days, I decided to jump on the Di Maria bandwagon, he had already 2 price rises, but he looked ripe for a new one, and Gerrard looked like he could drop again before the end of GW.
I then thought, hey, I'm in no urge to make another transfer (at -4p), I actually don't "need" to move out Chester right now, could wait next GW. I checked Clyne and he was yesterday nite at ~25k Transfers, I guessed he needed at least 30k more so I said I can wait tomorrow to make a better informed decision. There, I wake up this morning and he had >60k transfers and a price rise.... :rolleyes:

oh, well, at least now I can have a tranquil week and keep my team as it is (unless I decide to have a go at Ivanovic... meh)

MoSe
22-09-2014, 08:35:02
BEWARE, test at your own risk

http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/greasemonkey-script-to-display-team-data-on-fpl-league-page-t113453.html

might be very useful
I managed to make it work on my office PC after installing Tampermonkey in Chrome

it's all I was dreaming for, thankful for the nerdy youths you find on the web

alas, the moment I'd like to have it more is on the weekend when I only access by mobile...

Fistandantilus
22-09-2014, 08:54:36
That is insane, the dedication some people have...

Funko
22-09-2014, 09:25:30
After a week away, I've played my Wildcard, currently on 9 transfers, but the core of my team feels the same, just been carried by my big guns, so time to upgrade the rest.

MoSe
22-09-2014, 09:33:52
found also this one
http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/
for another set of price change predictions, and stats

MoSe
22-09-2014, 09:45:15
and for detailed game-by-game stats found this
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kun-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/saison/2013/plus/1
took Aguero as example FFS (for Fist's sake ;))

it would have been hugely useful before season started,
but can still be for current one

of course you might know plenty of player stats websites
I liked in this one I can review in a page for each game whether he played it full, subbed on or got subbed off
FPL only gives minutes played, but not games
other sites of course give games, but don't tell whether he played <60' (1p FPL, not CS eligible) or 60'+ (2p FPL) :)

Funko
22-09-2014, 10:05:49
I can't bear to read anything about the gameweek just gone. What an awful week.

MoSe
22-09-2014, 10:35:50
I was indeed delaying a bit the usual tables, distracted by the new toys above :)

I dunno if I can really take our league as a representative sample, I can see that:

- last GW scores were lower than usual: top counterglow 48p
- despite WCs, the same some teams only managed low scores
- the same teams who got top scores, can score very low the next GW
- after my GW1 38 and Balls' GW2 35, whiche were the only <40 scores, it's 3 GWs that we have <30s... at least I never went below 38p :D

Funko
22-09-2014, 10:43:49
There tends to be a core group of players that most contestants have selected, when all of those have a bad week, everyone scores badly. Most people probably have 20-27m invested in Chelsea players with Fabregas, Costa + 1 defender, so with them doing badly it hits us all. I benched Terry for that reason, but wasn't enough...

Of course if Costa's shot against the post had gone in, with the Fabregas assist, that'd probably have seen most of us up 8 to 10 points depending on the bonuses, more for anyone with one of them captain.

Funko
22-09-2014, 10:50:25
The average score is normally pretty telling, in this case a mere 36 points. The lowest of the season so far. I think historically you'd expect the average to be mid 40s, and anything much lower or higher than that to be exceptional, typically happens in a week where a player a large proportion of people have a captain gets a very good score.

Average gameweek score: 47, 44, 42, 52, 36

Interesting that the week Costa got his hat-trick a lot of people didn't Captain him, as he was a doubtful starter, so although he has a high percentage of teams selecting him, it didn't show a big bump in the average.

Funko
22-09-2014, 10:51:22
Di Maria already looking like a must have player, ManU scoring lots despite conceding lots.

Fistandantilus
22-09-2014, 18:26:24
- last GW scores were lower than usual: top counterglow 48p

Hey that's me :lol:

Tring to slowly right the ship after an august where I codn't do any change.. but I guess I'm too late already and should have used the wildcard. Oh well.

Walrus Feeder
22-09-2014, 23:41:41
I had a pathetic 25 week haul. I have Clyne on the bench thinking Swansea v Southampton would have had a few goals in but was wrong and as he got 8pts in total i saw that was more than all my other defenders plus both goalies put together. I decided, using already using my wildcard to make 3 changes on Sunday straight after the final whistles. So -8 pts for next week but in the short term and long term i think my team will be better off. if i had left that for today i wouldn't have had enough money as Di Maria and Ulloa have gone up already.

MoSe
23-09-2014, 06:53:02
I have Clyne on the bench thinking Swansea v Southampton would have had a few goals in but was wrong and as he got 8pts in total ...
you're telling me... for teh sasme reason I had Fonte 7p resting on my bench

MoSe
23-09-2014, 06:55:17
Di Maria already looking like a must have player
:cute:

MoSe
23-09-2014, 07:06:43
ManU scoring lots despite conceding lots.
FISO thread: what we learnt this GW (http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/what-we-learnt-this-gw-t113485.html)
5. Liverpool and Manchester United are no better than a newly promoted side, or a number of past regular relegation battlers.
Man United on the other hand, whilst equally poor in form, seem to now have an attacking lineup that could produce big fantasy returns for a number of players, even in defeat.
6. No one in a Manchester United shirt can lay claim to being called, or referred to, as a defender.
Anyone in MU's FPL lineup who is classed as a defender, is a fraud, and should be avoided like the plague.
MU have just as good a chance of a clean sheet by playing no one at the back, as they do by playing 4, 5, or 27 back there.
If you currently have a United defender in your team, we are all laughing at you as you read this.
That may as well go for Liverpool's rear guard also. If you think their fortunes may change, you are f-ucking delusional. Get them out now!

:lol: a string of pearls :lol:

re: previous post
7. ADM will soon be a FPL essential. You heard it here first. [ :rolleyes: ]
Besides maybe Hazard, there is currently no other player in the league who looks to drive forward and create something every time they get the ball.
He is a classy finisher, can pick a pass, and comes to the EPL with a wealth of experience and quality.
He may not have the stats to back him up atm, [???]
but anyone who watched the Leicester match, will know you'd be mad to think this guy won't be finishing or creating chances all season.
Get on him before his price rises further.
I already got him a bit late, at 9.7, and the day after he got at 9.8
kudos to those who trusted him and bought at 9.5

MoSe
23-09-2014, 07:17:55
There tends to be a core group of players that most contestants have selected,...
Most people probably have 20-27m invested in Chelsea players with Fabregas, Costa + 1 defender...

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/Top50

MoSe
23-09-2014, 07:23:42
after an august where I codn't do any change...
hey, I thought it was a strategy and a principle! :D

MoSe
23-09-2014, 08:33:35
I'm the last one who could criticize other managers choices,
I can't even say whether Balls is a poster here and with which AE...

but... Given???

at first I thought that it must have been a... misclick for Guzan! :lol:

then I realised he only has £0.1m left in the Bank
OK, he played the WC and needed all his money to bring in DiMaria Falcao Lamela Clyne & Naismith (maybe the latter a bit late? past his peak already? price dropped back to initial value...)
at 4.0m there's no playng GK (ok, Hamer replaced Schmeichle 1 game and scored 8p too)
interesting choice that he thought a sure 0 would be balanced by the higher scores he'll get by investing those spared 0.5m upfront...

Szczesny at 5.5m gave a 2.6p avg so far... but there are plenty of 4.5m GKs:
if he didn't want to go with BUR or QPR who are nevertheless giving surprisingly good regturns so far,
there are 3 choices there with good/acceptable scores: Krul, Mannone, Foster, first two also rather popular

couldn't he renounce to anyone in the abovementioned forward lineup?
well... he already has a budget Def with Bruce, but... Rafael??? (see above MU def post :cute: )
ok he had him from the start... and after 3 DNP he had a CS v QPR...
but as you were playing a WC, and needed to find 0.4m, I'd have sacked Rafael and chosen one of the SEVERAL <=4.9m valuable defenders!

4.9m Trippier 23p, Caulker 17p, Dann 13p, Delaney 11p, even Lescott who just came back
4.8 Dawson just 3p but a regular starter now for Hull
4.5 NEIL TAYLOR 18p, who now rose in value to 4.6 too!
4.5 BUR Shackell 23p Mee 21p, AVL Senderos 20p Cissokho 19p (Vlaar 16p but inj)
4.5 16p Koncheski, 15p Chambers, Wilson, 14p v.Aanholt Schlupp Brown C.Dawson Williamson, 13p de Laet, 11p Morgan O'Shea Coloccini, 10p Vergini Ferdinand (nor dropped 0.1)
even 4.4m 10p Pocognoli...

enough to satisfy any taste and preference :)

who'd YOU go for:

4.0 Given
5.3 Rafael
0.1 bank
-
OR
-
4.5 Krul/Mannone
4.5 N.Taylor*
0.4 bank (+ further 0.1 for Taylor successive increase)

* or any 4.5 of your liking above

JMHO :cute:

and with those 0.4m he could also have upgraded Bruce who's just a 4.0 "dummy", to 4.4 Pocognoli or better 4.2m Hutton
(apart that with 0.1m even without the 2 trades above, why not Duff or Wisdom???)
___

but hey, after all that's what a Fantasy league is there for:
to compare and put in competition our different vievs and ideas!
Balls managed to score 44p, even by deliberately having a 0p GKP
better than myself and most of Couterglow league could do this GW
:beer:

Funko
23-09-2014, 08:47:29
http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/Top50

Yeah, exactly. I should have said + maybe one defender. :D

MoSe
23-09-2014, 09:27:47
yeah, BTW:
oh, well, at least now I can have a tranquil week and keep my team as it is (unless I decide to have a go at Ivanovic... meh)
looking for something to regret ;), I'm indeed mulling over and over to sell Chester NOW (for -4p) to pick Ivanovic, who should be about to increase in price...

thanks to the new JavaScript addon I linked to yesterday, :D
I can say at a glance :D that I'm the manager with most money idling in the bank (and I even had 0.8 more before I upgraded Gerrard to Di Maria)

It would fit just right to upgrade Chester to Ivanovic, with a spare 0.3m left too :)
(so I could cope with it even if Ivanaovic should rise, but it would be 0.1 wasted)

My only problem is, he's not really one of my targets, except for being a "Chelsea defender most teams have" (I just sold Terry...)
I could go for Clyne or Bertrand, I already have fonte tho and they rose recently so maeybe a further rise is longer to wait.
I could go for Baines, who dropped at 6.9 but found a bit of form last 2 fixtures... his next 2 are dire tho: LIV(A) MUN(A)
I could go for a long term prospect, not just chasing recent scores, but that requires a bit more knowledge and study, and can be done in 2 week time during the break
I could even get Terry back, as he dropped in price and I'd realize a profit :D

So,
I'm not in need to get specifically Ivanovic, if not to beat a price rise (but then I had just left pass Clyne's one)
I'm not in need to sell Chester now, as he's far from ddropping back and I'm perfectly satisfied playing this GW with Fonte, Williams, Koscielny, Kolarov

I'm probably just in need then to hurt myself and whine a bit about it! :lol:

MoSe
23-09-2014, 09:57:18
but... Rafael??? (see above MU def post :cute: )
wrote that BEFORE reading on in the FISO thread to this post
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/post2586186.html#p2586186
6a, Rafael should be put in the stocks for a month then sacked by the club.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cute:

Funko
23-09-2014, 13:09:43
I need 1.5m more, can you lend me it?

MoSe
23-09-2014, 14:33:34
what's the rate now?
I'll check with Angela... :D

MoSe
25-09-2014, 12:01:42
Funko & 4-1-6 are playing theirs now

Fist, we're the last 2 left to play it! :D
(and I plan to do it after GW7)

BTW, did any of you went on to install the leaguetable-enhancing JavaScript I linked to?
I couldn't live without now ;)

MoSe
25-09-2014, 16:22:11
I need 1.5m more, can you lend me it?
as you can see, I decided to have something to regret, and I spent it for something I didn't really need :D

...and he didn't even rise yet!

Funko
25-09-2014, 16:34:01
I didn't install that javascript yet, no.

Funko
26-09-2014, 07:24:04
Last chance to further fuck up my team with the wildcard. *stress*

MoSe
26-09-2014, 08:41:47
LOL

I'm curious: did you ever happen to have TWO Free Transfers available on a GW? ;)
and did you feel compelled to use at least one, lest you waste the saved one? :D

re: the javascript, the guy added SORTING on any column! and points hit from transfers...
I had no problems on my PC so far, it's a must-have :cute:
see attached: sorted by team Total Value

Funko
26-09-2014, 13:53:46
On the rare occasions I get to 2 free transfers I use them both. ;)

Fistandantilus
26-09-2014, 19:50:21
LOL

I'm curious: did you ever happen to have TWO Free Transfers available on a GW? ;)

Few years ago I was used to make transfers every two week cause of that, it seemed to me I could get more value by swapping two players every other gameweek than one every week.

Do some analysis on that :p

MoSe
27-09-2014, 13:38:00
There: I sell Gerrard (I had to if i wated ADM) and he scores

MoSe
27-09-2014, 14:35:13
I capt ADM, I mock Rafael, and Wayne scores, assisted by Rafael

MoSe
28-09-2014, 09:28:04
Why Rangel 1 game susp while Rooney 3 ???
plz xplain

Fistandantilus
28-09-2014, 10:35:01
It's a straight red card instead of two yellows I think.

MoSe
28-09-2014, 16:56:38
OH plz plz lz WBA CS plz CS plz CS plz

Fistandantilus
28-09-2014, 17:21:08
Calm down :lol:

Funko
29-09-2014, 07:46:13
It's a straight red card instead of two yellows I think.

Correct.

Well... wildcard didn't really pay off.

MoSe
29-09-2014, 07:48:38
:D WBA and thus GK Foster CS allowed me to keep my lowest score at 38p
just like Inter brag Never Relegated, all I can boast so far is "never scored less than 38p" :cute:

Funko
29-09-2014, 07:57:37

Above the gameweek average (so far)

I guess 44 on a week where most people were struggling to get into the 40s is not too bad really.

Funko
29-09-2014, 07:57:50
I have that plugin now btw, it's really good.

MoSe
29-09-2014, 08:07:12
Few years ago I was used to make transfers every two week cause of that, it seemed to me I could get more value by swapping two players every other gameweek than one every week.

Do some analysis on that :p

Well, of course if you only make 1 Tr in a GW, you're forced to move out a player you have in the same position
If you don't have (enough) spare money in the bank, this might "force" you to renounce to a player you maybe wanted to keep...

Example:
after GW1 I wanted to bring in Sigurdsson 6.0 (on monday he already rose to 6.1, but this makes no difference for teh example)
using 1 Tr I'd have been forced to move out Gerrarrd 9.0 or Yaya 11.0, as the other 3 MID were 5.5 or 5.0 and I had spared no money
I ended to sell them anyway in later GW, but after 1 day I still hoped they'd have repaid me inthe long run and I didn't want to renounce them straight away
so I traded Shelvey 5.5 for Sigurdsson, and I found the extra money with a 2nd Transfer trading Lambert 7.5 for Berahino 5.5

in summary, I don't know about "gettinng more value", maybe in a wide meaning, for sure handling 2 treansfers gives you much more flexibility in your choices

OTOH, if you're not really really pressed by price changes, and/or by fixtures you can't miss next GW, you could always handle the abovelike double move over 2 GW
1st you make the downgrade so you build up free money in the bank, then next GW if you can afford to wait you use that money for the coveted upgrade

MoSe
29-09-2014, 08:19:39
I have that plugin now btw, it's really good.

I think I'll have to upgade my mobile, my current one doesn't seem to support it...

I also found out this morning that it has MOUSEOVER info!
- on played WC it tells you the GW it had been played
- on the Captain it tells you the VC
- on the P (Players Played) column it lists your pitch players who already played
- on the TP (Players to Play) column it lists your pitch players who still have to play (see attached Begovic Shawcross tonite for Walrus)
- on the DNP last column it lists your Pitch Players who Did Not Play
Only thing it lacks now is to list the Bench players who can sub in for those DNP :D

MoSe
29-09-2014, 08:30:26

Above the gameweek average (so far)

I guess 44 on a week where most people were struggling to get into the 40s is not too bad really.

looking in GW History, FPL gives you both GR (Gameweek Rank) and progressive OR (Overall Rank)

your 44p is comparable in GR (438k, so far) to your GW2 57p GR (424k), and only 2nd to your best GR 255k in GW3 with 60p

MoSe
29-09-2014, 08:46:07
- on the DNP last column it lists your Pitch Players who Did Not Play
Only thing it lacks now is to list the Bench players who can sub in for those DNP :D

WOW, while 4-1-6 only get 1 sub point form Dier, and Balls get non as he has no playing GK, Bas "WOULD" have found Berahino 12p, except that for the 3 Defenders rule he's forced to bring on Hutton 1p in place of Jones. Practically, Schuerrle getting in at 67' denied Bas 11p

I'm not 100% happy either, as I was convinced Sunderland would have scored, and placed Cattermole 2p as #1 bencher over Dyer 3p and Williams 5p

MoSe
29-09-2014, 10:57:00
I keep finding new sources... :)
http://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2014/09/27/gw-6-intermediate-results-saturday/#more-2062

Fistandantilus
29-09-2014, 11:00:59
I think I won't ever play the WC cause it looks cool in that plugin :D

MoSe
29-09-2014, 11:54:35
when can you forecast the next "2 games in a GW" will happen? ;)

MoSe
29-09-2014, 11:58:13
I thought to have achieved another record (for this season and this league at least), by having no pitch player scoring <2p, but i see Walrus already did it in GW3

I also had a less desirable low, no player scoring >6p
this had already been done too, by Balls in GW2
we both had 3 top GW players scoring 6, i.e. 6-6-6

Fistandantilus
30-09-2014, 06:30:21
I think is worth noticing I'm the League top scorer for the second consecutive week.
Unfortunately it's not me doing well but everyone else doing rather poor but it's ok :p

MoSe
30-09-2014, 06:52:23
:beer:
are you missing my weekly tables?
;)
IIRC last GW you were tied 1st, this time you're 4p clear ahead

although I think with this GW low average score, no league team did really poor, we're all acceptable in GW ranking

MoSe
30-09-2014, 08:34:43
hmmm... "acceptable"... barely ;)
TEAM GW1 GW2 GW3 GW4 GW5 GW6
Top6fin 1'008'677 424'153 255'681 701'910 2'617'013 800'508
Glum Fb 1'925'919 1'561'410 454'681 902'115 542'932 1'850'069
Schubbe 2'006'036 1'504'686 511'469 1'363'854 450'833 2'220'395
4-1-6 102'092 48'868 2'918'412 2'741'672 1'712'970 800'508
Stairwl 1'191'647 978'143 946'167 498'160 2'792'797 908'185
Balls 751'739 2'456'403 2'084'808 1'343'169 723'879 1'545'265
Trollsl 920'072 1'723'901 2'315'770 3'044'896 480'539 473'381
Monkeys 2'155'092 1'932'324 2'009'435 1'128'796 1'359'496 1'733'399
Belmont 181'957 164'454 2'393'344 2'993'853 3'098'212 1'616'519

FPL 2'757'856 3'027'644 3'121'729 3'207'539 3'247'086 3'270'695
new Teams 269'788 94'085 85'810 39'547 23'609

I realise Gameweek ranking in Gameweek History DOES take into account the Transfer costs, teams with the same Gameweek points may have different GR

from the graph we see this week there has been much less variance than in previous ones

MoSe
30-09-2014, 09:49:24
OK, I'm all gearing up, as I long planned to play my WC next GW

I already posted that of course I won't necessary trade away a player who's offering me a profit, as in such case he'll probably be in form and I might like to keep him (i.e. Siggie)

I thought, the rest I'll be free to shuffle, to jump on any "fluke" player with high scores in the weekend, hoping to grab a double raise and realise a 0.1m profit, to be used to pick the real team saturday morning...

now I realise that I must be careful to move out those who only raised 0.1m so far, which would be lost as fee, because in case in the end I find out I actually wanted to keep them, I'd have to pay that 0.1m more to buy them back...

my current team "snapshot"

# PrCh Fee Gain

1 +0.6 0.3 +0.3
1 +0.5 0.3 +0.2
1 +0.3 0.2 +0.1
1 +0.2 0.1 +0.1
6 +0.1 0.1 0.0
4 = - -
1 -0.1 - -0.1

so, top 3 I'll very likely want to keep
1 could be used for a 0.1m profit
6 I must think well if I want to keep them, before I use them as "shuffle" material: they offer no gain, and no turning back... maybe I might hold a couple
only 4 I'm rather free to move them as I like right after GW7 matches... alas they're the 2 GK and 2 Def
the one who dropped I'll have to accept the loss, I doubt should even he score a brace that he'd regain his base price

sooo... if I want to make early "financial speculation moves" with Mid or Fwd, I'll have to carefully pick in my +0.1 pool....

Fistandantilus
30-09-2014, 10:41:59
This isn't a 2 games week right?

MoSe
30-09-2014, 15:52:06
well, I dunno... I presume it would be evident from the fixture list under the Pick team Pitch.... o no???

I think I posted in august asking when could it happen, I figure when a game gets postponed & rescheduled for a successive GW due to weather conditions, or to cup matches to be repeated, and none of the two happened so far afaik

Fistandantilus
30-09-2014, 16:05:43
The fixture list under the pick team shows just 10 games to me in gameweek 7.. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

MoSe
30-09-2014, 16:58:35
if your doubt stems from my comment

when can you forecast the next "2 games in a GW" will happen? ;)

I was just taunting you, suggesting that you'd have used your WC anyway as soon as a 2 games GW would have occurred...

but I've no idea when this could happen and for sure it's not the case this GW :D :cute:
___
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Cup#FormatSingle-legged matches would be replayed as necessary until 1993–94, when penalties were introduced to settle the first replay; the last single-legged tie to require a replay was played in 1996–97.this rules out League Cup replays
___
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup#FormatEach tie is played as a single leg. If a match is drawn, there is a replay, usually at the ground of the team who were away for the first game. Drawn replays are now settled with extra time and penalty shootouts; until the 1990s further replays would be played until one team was victorious. Some ties took as many as six matches to settle; in their 1975 campaign, Fulham played a total of 12 games over six rounds, which remains the most games played by a team to reach a final.[3] Replays were traditionally played three or four days after the original game, but from 1991–92 they were staged at least 10 days later on police advice. This led to penalty shoot-outs being introduced. Replays are no longer held for the semi-finals or final.
PL teams enter 3rd round proper and replays can happen till QF (6th proper)
From the FA Fixture list (the schedule is not on wiki...)
Sat 3 Jan FA Cup 3P
Sat 24 Jan FA Cup 4P
Sat 14 Feb FA Cup 5P
Sat 7 Mar FA Cup 6P
so the possibly impacted GW are those following the above dates (2015)

Fistandantilus
30-09-2014, 17:43:38
Ok, good job, I fell for it :p

I thought you were implying you played the wc now cause of a double games week

Walrus Feeder
30-09-2014, 22:39:52
So glad Stoke kept clean sheet against Newcastle not because i care about Pardew's employment status but because i had Begovic and Shawcross so double clean sheet on offer. Needed it big time as after already using my wildcard two weeks ago i incurred a -8 for this week. Our league's all very close though.

Funko
01-10-2014, 08:11:31
Yeah, bottom place team could easily still win it.

MoSe
03-10-2014, 06:34:58
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/post2591287.html#p2591287
12 of the 18 players that Burnley have used in the Premier League this season have been English
??? ...they aren't english anymore???
:clueless: ;)

Funko
03-10-2014, 08:24:44
English is an amazing language. :D

MoSe
03-10-2014, 08:53:22
I have gone with some new signings, but normally I avoid it....
http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/post2591483.html#p2591483
see poll results

MoSe
03-10-2014, 09:12:00
I'VE GOT THE BLUES!

MoSe
18-10-2014, 02:41:48
THERE: now begins the time for Regrets! :D

MoSe
18-10-2014, 16:28:15
Fffuuuuuuuu.....
leavin alone Aguero & Pellè who I had scoffed at (saw him with Italy, he scored but was AWFUL imo)
I have the same 3defs as almost everybody
they were all keeping CS, and who concedes at 90' ?
The one I had decided to Captain (VC but Costa did not play)

Lost 8p at 90' :bash:

MoSe
18-10-2014, 16:32:47
Oh and BTW Id spent 0.5 to upgrade 2nd GK to Mannone as SUN fixtures rotate well with WBA
I thought ManU will surely score, who knows maybe my newGK can get 1 or 2p more than Foster...

Funko
19-10-2014, 18:13:16
Going ok so far, hope Di Maria does a good job as VC tomorrow.

Walrus Feeder
20-10-2014, 01:08:25
So glad i brought Baines in this week. 2 assists, a clean sheet and 3 bonus points. I see quite a few have Pelle as well but hardly anyone (including managers in my other leagues) have Aguero or Tadic.

Funko
20-10-2014, 08:29:22
2 people in another league I'm in had Aguero and both captained him this week. They are now 1st and 2nd place in that league (I'm 3rd)

MoSe
20-10-2014, 09:11:23
Captain choices in our league:

4 Di Maria - to play tonite
4 Costa - DNP
1 Sterling 7p (Bas)

VC choices for the 4 who had Costa:

2 Fabregas 8p (4-1-6 & Belmont)
1 Di Maria - see above
1 Ivanovic 2p (that's me)
NOTE that VC bonus is YET TO BE ADDED to GW score by FPL

What the hell did I have in mind???
Note that I also own all other teams chosen players DiMaria/Fabregas/Sterling...
couldn't I trust one of them too?
couldn't I trust Sakho 12p ???
if I really wanted to go with a defender,
couldn't I trust Baines 15p??????
:(

Of course it's not just about me...:
6 CG teams have Ivanovic so lost 4p CS bc of Campbell 90' goal
(Fist makes up for it as he has Campbell :), and Bas' Azpi wasn't entitled for the CS anyway)
and 7 teams have Fabregas and lost 1p (Bas again has Hazard who got it, being subbed off before 90')
But I'm the only one who lost further 4p as VC bonus (the two who have Cesc VC lost 1p bonus)

On top of that, I do have di Maria to play tonite to improve my GW score, but...hope Di Maria does a good job as VC tomorrow....the more he'll score, the more I'll lose out on the other 5 teams who have him as C (or playing VC)
:mad:

and Bas & Belmont also have him as "normal player" like I do
only 4-1-6 does not have ADM in his squad, so he's the only one I can hope to gain few points upon tonite...

Funko
20-10-2014, 11:24:29
Just FYI they never apply captain bonus for VC until they've done the final team changes and substitutions at the end of the gameweek.

MoSe
20-10-2014, 11:25:25
rant over, I'll take advantage of the FISO script to post the league table before tonite match

MoSe
20-10-2014, 11:27:53
hhmmm... or maybe like this

MoSe
20-10-2014, 11:28:53
Just FYI they never apply captain bonus for VC until they've done the final team changes and substitutions at the end of the gameweek.I know, thanks , I was just pointing it out....

Funko
20-10-2014, 11:43:36
Ok, cool. Just pointing out things in case you missed them. :beer:

Fistandantilus
20-10-2014, 12:40:19
It was a gamble that didn't pay off, I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

MoSe
20-10-2014, 12:55:14
cool, thanks :beer:

I thus integrate FPL provisional table with VC and known subs points they're not counting yet

4-1-6 52p score is final
(7p by ADM doubled would then allow Fist to overtake him)
in Balls' 3 ToPlay I count Myhill too, who knows, we're currently seeing many GK subbing....

MoSe
20-10-2014, 13:04:17
It was a gamble that didn't pay off, I wouldn't feel so bad about it.
You mean Ivanovic?

well, yeah, it's a few points...
what pisses me off is that it almost looks like as I *pinpointed* the only choice which didn't pay off
I had 3 decent ones and 2 great ones, still wating for ADM...

Besides, I wanted to open the post-WC GW with a great score (to console myself of having opted out of Aguero), I'll content of a good one ;)

MoSe
20-10-2014, 13:07:16
So glad i brought Baines in this week. 2 assists, a clean sheet and 3 bonus points. I see quite a few have Pelle as well but hardly anyone (including managers in my other leagues) have Aguero or Tadic.
Fist, you might especially get amused reading this Fiso thread... :D
Is Aguero worth his price tag? (http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/is-aguero-worth-his-price-tag-t113690.html)

I had printed and brought home friday evening 10 pages of stats,
a list by team with minutes played and FPL points game by game, to assess the manager's choice trend with formation and starting 11
an a list by position, sorted by PPG...
I then had tried home in the Transfers page (from mobile...) to fit in Aguero several times, but the look of the rest of the squad made me sick...
Of course I had always considered a team with Costa AND Aguero...
The yellow flag on Costa didn't worry me that much as he got it too before scoring the brace v everton and the hattrick @ Swanssea...
I was thus ready to submit my current choice, when I stumbled on a bit of news stating the he really might be out "up to" 3 weeks...
It was too late tho to review it all again....

Needless to say, I WISH now I had gone for Aguero IN PLACE of Costa,
with Pellè too (I was put off that as a "pivot" striker with Italy, he kept missing *by 2 metres* passes to teammate fwds only 2 metres away...),
and Sakho as iciing... :cute:

MoSe
20-10-2014, 13:55:38
if you look at my Transfers History, you'll also see that I did the bulk of it Saturday 1.44am, then added last correction at 2.28am...

I realised that having Ivanovic+Baines+TWO Southampton Defs, would have meant either benching TWO upfront players, or leaving off one of the above four expensive Defs. And which one then?
By which criterium would have I chosen between Bertrand and Clyne? Or had I played them both (eggs/basket gamble...), I'd have had to choose between Ivanovic and Baines. I hadn't renounced to Aguero to bench a £7m defender!

so I downgraded Bertrand to Vlaar...
Now I realise had I kept Bertrand and moved out Clyne, with the 0.2m I kept in the Bank, it'd had just allowed me to get Tadic (for Chadli)... but I admit I hadn't him on my radars....
So, as I had no other appealing upgrade in midfield, and having intentionally chosen two cheap but high-yield fwds, I used the extra money to also upgrade Dummett to Dawson (Craig from WBA, NOT Michael from Hull :p)

Result:
Bertrand got 1p more than Clyne and a price increase
Dummett got 8p (why does everybody picking a 4.0 Def seem to prefer Moore over him?!?!?), Dawson got a Rise and might prove better in the long term, but hardly tonite :)
Vlaar got just 1p but he's of course a long-term investment for rotations... :cute:

MoSe
20-10-2014, 14:23:56
SHOCKING REALISATION

despite being a double round-robin, the fixture calendar for the 2nd half of the season it's NOT IN THE SAME ORDER, WITH HOME GROUND REVERSED, AS THE 1ST HALF !!!
:eek: :clueless:

that is, 1st Matchday (or rather Gameweek) of the season will NOT be repeated on GW 19, and so on!!!!!

that's a revolutionary concept for someone used to Serie A, where it is a CORNERSTONE of the calendar, and I'd say IN EVERY SPORT in Italy too

I never noticed it could be different in any of the major european leagues, it's the first time I realise it about Premier League

MoSe
20-10-2014, 14:48:02
under further investigation, I see for instance that GW14 will be reversed into GW20, and GW15 into GW21. The same matches will be replayed (on inverted geound) after just 6 weeks !!!!!
but GW13/19 and GW16/22 do NOT correspond... :confused:

Fistandantilus
20-10-2014, 17:41:25
Fist, you might especially get amused reading this Fiso thread... :D
Is Aguero worth his price tag? (http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/is-aguero-worth-his-price-tag-t113690.html)

I read it all. And the only thing I know now is he should have been my captain pick :mad:

MoSe
20-10-2014, 18:13:22
also found out that all teams will play 1st match of 2nd half on the SAME GROUND they played last match of 1st half :clueless:
i.e. the 10 teams who play GW19 on home ground, will do so on GW20 too !!! :lol:

MoSe
21-10-2014, 07:09:46
this morning I saw Tampermonkey updating...
then I couldn't access FPL site anymore

I removed the script, disabled TM, then rebooted
I can access PL site, with come glitches, but the FPL page opens to a blank content (just the top frame....)

WAIT!

it just needed that I posted a complaint here, to start working again!!!

just like when you finally decide to lit a cig and the bus arrives ;)
it saved you the details of all my access trials :D
it wasn't the script fault anyway

MoSe
21-10-2014, 07:24:29
in Balls' 3 ToPlay I count Myhill too, who knows, we're currently seeing many GK subbing....:eek:

SPOOKY.... :nervous:

So... I went on 7 GWs long with Foster-Myhill

Then I play the WC and I think, hey, no use keeping a spot idle for the REMOTE chance my GK doesn't play, I can afford to spend 0.5 more to have two GKs I can fruitfully rotate according to fixtures...

so I do Myhill => Mannone...

on one hand, had I played Foster, Mannone would have come in anyway in my team as his sub
OTOH, as soon as I move him out, Myhill does indeed play in place of calf-injured Foster...

Now if the injury proves longer than expected, and Mannone gets benched at sunderland after conceding 8 goals... I'll suddenly remain with NO playing GK, just what I had mocked Balls about :o

Funko
21-10-2014, 08:46:25
[SIZE="5"]
despite being a double round-robin, [B]the fixture calendar for the 2nd half of the season it's NOT IN THE SAME ORDER, WITH HOME GROUND REVERSED, AS THE 1ST HALF !!!
:eek: :clueless:

Yes, it's absolutely not like that. It's completely random. The fixture calculator has to take into account lots of things like 2 nearby teams (which could be in different divisions) not playing on the same day, teams that share stadia with other sports, different local festivals and events. It's very complex.

I had never noticed it was symmetrical like that in Italy either. That seems crazy to me too. :D