PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy World Cup 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Walrus Feeder
10-06-2014, 01:05:53
Just seen this is up and running. Similar to the Fantasy Premier League squad based format. We can setup a league if enough interest:

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

Finn Willi (5)
10-06-2014, 09:28:04
I don't like McDonald's...

Funko
10-06-2014, 15:17:14
I'm doing that one anyway... it's hard as hell.

Funko
10-06-2014, 15:17:30
FIFA and McDonalds, it's like evil squared.

Finn Willi (5)
10-06-2014, 15:53:17
True. If Google joins them, well, I think we'd all be dead. In a way. If we participate. And such.

Fistandantilus
11-06-2014, 21:38:38
Is there a League to join?

Walrus Feeder
12-06-2014, 01:58:12
I have set up a league if anyone wants to join the McDonalds FIFA one:

League name: M-League
Password: Fantasy14

Fistandantilus
12-06-2014, 08:47:58
Done, thanks

Funko
13-06-2014, 10:10:46
I'm in too I think, thanks.

MoSe
13-06-2014, 12:07:55
well....

no players value fluctuation
no mouse-tip ready infos about players while you build your squad or select the line-up
no peeking into other league members squad
no detailed info about player-by-player Fantasy points earned after a match (no info AT ALL actually)

why have they so watered it down?
(dumb question: to accommodate for the wider but intellectually shallower mobile audience, of course)

and it might be me, but even if I joined the league, I have to search for it again evvry fricking time I enter the My Leagues page...
where can I withdraw? :p

for weekend matches, I'll try to make subs from my mobile
I'm sure I'm gonna botch it massively

... not that I'd managed to put together anything decent really :(
despite I adapted to put in a lot of chaff in the end, I found the budgdet to be very strict this time, compared to the player values...

Goalkeepers
6.5 FRA Hugo LLORIS
3 NED Jasper CILLESSEN
2 GRE Orestis KARNEZIS

Defenders
5.5 SUI Stephan LICHTSTEINER
5.5 BEL Jan VERTONGHEN
4 COL Cristian ZAPATA
4 GRE Vasileios TOROSIDIS
2.5 GRE Konstantinos MANOLAS
2 ALG Madjid BOUGUERRA
1.5 ALG Carl MEDJANI

Midfielders
8.5 ESP Andres INIESTA
6 BOS Miralem PJANIC
6 COL Juan CUADRADO
4 CAM Jean MAKOUN
2 IRN Reza HAGHIGHI
1.5 HON Jerry PALACIOS
1.5 HON Edder DELGADO
1 IRN Hashem BEIKZADEH

Forwards
10 ARG Lionel MESSI
7 BOS Edin DZEKO
6.5 CIV GERVINHO
5.5 CAM Samuel ETOO
4 CAM Eric CHOUPO MOTING

I realise now... if it turns out Makoun doesn't play, can I switch formation too, when making subs?
Can I switch from 3-4-3 to 4-3-3 to replace a mid with a def? otoh looking at the 4th defs I have... maybe I'd do better by keeping an aventual 0 in the midfield ;)

...oh, and hi y'all, howdy!
:)

Funko
13-06-2014, 12:12:06
YAY MoSe!!

I think they'll make all the leagues visible in my leagues once the first gameweek has finished.

Fistandantilus
13-06-2014, 14:59:50
I realise now... if it turns out Makoun doesn't play, can I switch formation too, when making subs?

Yep, I think you can.

The thing that annoys me the most is I can't see points awarded to the players except the one I have in my team. Or I missed something obvious??

Funko
13-06-2014, 15:12:40
I can't see those either.

MoSe
13-06-2014, 16:51:43
no detailed info about player-by-player Fantasy points earned after a match (no info AT ALL actually)

The thing that annoys me the most is I can't see points awarded to the players except the one I have in my team.

I can't see those either.

after one or more years hiatus, I'm still being too circuitous... :-)
that's what I wanted to say too
I actually complained I couldn't see ANY points at all, but that was just because I hadn't picked any Brazilian nor Croatoan in my squad :-)
Actually, I can see now the points of my Cameroon players updating LIVE :-0

but yes, I think that's a policy
they stripped the game from too much technical info, lest those who couldn't cope with it felt frustrated :-)

that's above all is worrying me:

Don't see your latest points? Don't worry! Points will be updated a few minutes after a round is over.

Funko
13-06-2014, 18:20:14
So I put in Itandje as a bit of a cheapish goalie who would play and get the chance to make lots of saves, he's got 9 points (might get a save bonus, making 10). 3 points for playing, 6 for blocks/saves. No clean sheet obviously. I bought Romero to go in goal now I don't know whether to gamble on the change... maybe just bank the points.

And I can't see what the keepers got last night to help judge if 9 points is an average score or not either.

The ability to see stuff is terrible.

Fistandantilus
13-06-2014, 21:39:50
Julio Cesar got 6 points yesterday. I THINK because now that I benched him I can't see the points anymore....

MoSe
14-06-2014, 18:51:56
Ditto...
Got Cillessen bc he's cheap, thought OK vs Spain whatever...
He scores 6, I THINK 3 full match +3

MoSe
14-06-2014, 19:07:36
Ditto...
Got Cillessen for cheapness, thought hey vs spain whatever...
Scored 6, I THINK 3 for full match +3 saves
could've been much more with a penalty save & clean sheet!
Now I guess I'll bench him anyway hoping Lloris gets CS vs HON...
BTW Karnezis, got as chaff, should've got couple pts anyway, BUT I DONT KNOW as I' left him on the bench

got 61 so far, switched captain from Etoo to Iniesta (both just 3) finally to Cuadrado 13x2=26 :)

And 9 Zapata for CS

tonite Gervinho, tomorrow Lichsteiner Lloris then midnight MESSI
still wondering whether take off Choupo 5 pts to put in Dzeko too, playing vs ARG...

Fistandantilus
15-06-2014, 12:15:23
Man, clean sheets are hard to come by this wc

MoSe
15-06-2014, 21:57:31
Just got one with Lloris (a little shiver for a hon box dive in the end...)
He got 8 pts, must've been awarded a save :)
only +2 over Cillessen, but CS vs Hon iswhat I mainly got Fra GK for

I'm at 82 now, -3 benching Etoo 79
With Messi + Pjanic to play to complete my 11
Decided to not gamble on Dzeko (super def Arg w/ Mascherano & Campagnaro in front of 4 defenders)
and keep Choupo 5 pts

MoSe
16-06-2014, 00:21:33
Messi 11 Pjanic 7, not bad
will have to wait end of round to find out whtr Dzeko got >5

Fistandantilus
16-06-2014, 05:37:03
You're way better than me :D

Besides, is it just me or when you change formation you have no control on the player that gets benched and if he already played you can't even put him back on?

This interface sucks.

MoSe
16-06-2014, 06:30:25
indeed

I figure it takes out the rightmost, regardless of the lowest pts another one might have
And as they got rid of the Confirm button, making it immediately autosave any change (*), this means once the formation change benches a player who'd played already, that's done and you can't get him back for the round

(*) makes sense, what if your mobile connection gets stuck before you can confirm? ;) or if your attention span is not long enough to remember you have to confirm? :p

MoSe
16-06-2014, 07:09:14
back on my PC, can finally at least get pts details for my players on the pitch.

I share some "live" info for the curiuos, to make up for the interface suckiness

Lloris was indeed awarded one save (that slowly bouncing ball which was going out? :D)
Zapata +1 for balls recovered, and +1 >80% Passes completion bonus!
Torosidis and Manolas +1 balls, and the latter +1 Bonus too
Lichtsteiner has +1 for balls and +2 for a Blocked Shot! He was at 6 till the end, when at last minute he got down to 5: -1 for the 3rd foul....
Pjanic +1 for Passes Bonus, +1 for "2 balls delivered into the box" and +3 for balls recovered (that means he recovered 6!)

Cuadrado got 2 Assists (+6), +1 CS, +1 PassBonus, but also +1 for 2 balls into box, and even +2 for a blocked shot. A 360° midfielder performance, he's my best scorer and I was lucky enough to make him captain, without switching then the band to Messi, who "only" got 11 (+5 goal +3 for 6 balls into box)
Gervinho, besides the goal, got +1 balls recovered and +2 Blocked Shot (not bad for a forward), and also + >80% Attempt Rate Bonus

98 so far:

1 GK 8
4 DEF 23 = 9+5+5+4
3 MID 39 = 28*+8+3 (Iniesta, can't bench him as I only have 2 Iranian chaff left and already playing 4-3-3)
3 ATT 28 = 12+11+5

Will bench the 4pts by Torosidis to put in Vertonghen tomorrow
Belgium can well get a clean sheet vs Algeria, I just need him to score 6 to reach the 100pts :)
(I also have Bouguerra and Medjani as chaff from the Algerian side, but somehow I doubt they'd better the 5pts by Lichtsteiner and Manolas ;))

Not bad all in all, for a squad put together at last moment in less than half an hour, 5 minutes here 5 minutes there while working, "disturbed" by the boss calling me

MoSe
16-06-2014, 07:25:11
but what I'd been longing all weekend long, was to put in some of the deeper thinking I hadn't the time to when it started

Considering the budget felt stricter than it used to, it would have been crucial to concentrate your resources on the minimum required players, hiring then the cheapest as fillup to meet roster requirements

The allowed formations range from 3 to 5 players in Midfield and Defense
(barring of course the two extreme 5-5-0 and 3-3-4 combinations)

supposedly forwards should get the bigger scores, and Mids better than Defs
so you'd tend to deploy a 3-4-3 when possible
to retain a minimum flexibility (injuries, reds, etc) I'd have gone with a 4-4-3 "actual" players (which allow for a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 too)

given the 3-7-8-5 roster composition, that would have left me with the need to find the cheapest 2GK, 3Def, 4Mid and 2Att as chaff

MoSe
16-06-2014, 07:53:22
GK -- DEF -- MID -- ATT
VAL
1 3 ALG X 4 ALG XX ALG - ALG -
2 IRN - 2 IRN - 2 IRN XX IRN X

1.5 ALG - ALG - ALG -
3 IRN - IRN - IRN -
2 HON - HON - 2 HON XX HON X

2 2 ALG - 2 ALG - ALG -
2 IRN - 2 IRN - IRN -
2 HON - 2 HON -
2 CIV - 2 COL *
CMR - CMR *
USA - USA *
GRE X
CRC -
ECU -
GHA -

X sure pick
* option
- no pick

MoSe
16-06-2014, 08:02:57
given the 3 ppt (player per team) limit, and seeing that at the lowest 1M value only ALG & IRN players were available in all positions, a forced choice would be to pick the 3 ALG and the 3 IRN all from the 1M tier
meaning that you could then pick no ALG/IRN at higher values

at 1.5 M value, beside ALG & IRN you only have HON players, here too across all positions
as you can't pick anymore ALG/IRN, we're forced too to take 3 HON players with 1.5 M value

this makes 9 players so far; the "chaff allocation" devised above required 2+3+4+2 players, 11 in total
we need 2 more chaff to be picked at 2M
we're out of ALG/IRN/HON picks, and this leaves us "dry" of MID/ATT 2M options

Funko
16-06-2014, 08:14:29
So I had decided to keep Itandje but then they later REMOVED 3 of his points, so he had 6, put in Romero who then got 8...

Hmm. Bit dodgy if people are making choices about bringing players in or out and the points are changing.

Currently got
8 Romero
- Vertongen
5 Mena
10 Garay
26 Oscar (c)
- Oezil
7 Cabaye
- De Bruyne
13 Sanchez
6 Higuain
- Lukaku
___

Funko
16-06-2014, 08:16:34
My 4 outfield players replace 2 players who didn't score, and 2 who scored 9 between them.

Funko
16-06-2014, 08:34:35
Also be interested in the Italian view of the England match.

Vastly different game to 2012, much more entertaining. From our point of view I thought we did really well at creating chances without having the quality to finish them. At the time I thought a draw would have been fair but having seen the highlights again I think you probably deserved to edge it. Was entertaining to watch at least.

MoSe
16-06-2014, 08:41:13
I introduce now a consideration about GK
several GK are valued 2M, but of all one stands out:
Karnezis is his team starting GK, so he'll be likely to actually earn a few pts too

that's a bit of a paradox, the starting GK has a lower value than his reserves! (Kapino and Glikos 3M)
it's true he might be less experienced, but he started consistenly over the last frienldies and 2013 qualification matches, so that he was clearly to be considered a definte choice by his coach (BTW, same for Cillessen at 3M, with Vorm at 3 too but Krul at 4M... :))

back to topic, this makes Karnezis a sure "chaff" pick at 2M

considering also that ALL 3 ALG goalies are valued 1M, this allows you to pick the actually playing one, thus ALG GK is another sure "chaff" pick
bib #1's profile says "Despite his fine displays in the Algerian league, Si Mohamed looks set to serve as third-choice custodian for Les Fennecs at Brazil 2014"; then "Algeria's second-choice goalkeeper, Mohamed Lamine Zamamouche contested just one qualifier ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, filling in for Rais M'Bolhi against Burkina Faso"
this would leave us with "Rais M'Bolhi has established himself as Algeria's first-choice goalkeeper in recent years, winning plaudits for his two games between the posts at the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ and playing a vital role on the road to Brazil 2014" who'd then be our other chaff GK pick

so we have filled the 2 GK chaff spots with M'bohli and Karnezis
the other 9 picks could be done randomly (*) within the above set provisions (remembering that 1 DEF spot has to go for a 2M COL/CMR/USA player) as they'd hardly have any chance to actually play anyway ...except maybe ALG defenders, who'd not be sure starters but maybe Mesbah or Belkalem could be something more than pure chaff

so we filled ALG 3ppt, and the 3 DEF chaff spots
(*) as in a Sudoku, this leads us to determine the remaining chaff picks as in the updated table above :D

MoSe
16-06-2014, 08:53:19
what's useful for the roster buildup, is that we have picked as chaff
6 1M players (ALG GK +2 Defs, IRN 2 Mids + 1 Att)
3 1.5M HON players (2 Mids + 1 Att)
2 2M players (Karnezis GK, and 1 Def at will)

tallying 14.5 M spent for chaff

this would have left us with a 85.5 M budget to spend for our "elects":
1 GK + 4 DEF + 4 MID + 3 ATT
for 12 players, this is a 7M average value, with an extra 1.5 left

that will be next chapter :D

a bit of current news and comments now :)

MoSe
16-06-2014, 09:17:37
Currently got
8 Romero
- Vertongen
5 Mena
10 Garay
26 Oscar (c)
- Oezil
7 Cabaye
- De Bruyne
13 Sanchez
6 Higuain
- Lukaku
___

so I have 94 + Vertonghen to play
you stand at 75 +Vertonghen too, plus Oezil, De Bruyne and Lukaku
your 3 could well fill the 19 pts gap and more....

"The leading goalscorer during Belgium’s 2014 FIFA World Cup™ qualifying campaign, Kevin de Bruyne is – alongside Eden Hazard, Romelu Lukaku and Axel Witsel – one of the stars of his country’s much-vaunted ‘golden generation"
OK Hazard's val @ 8M, but I wonder why then in Belgium's midfield they valued Mertens, Witsel and Fellaini 6M whereas De Bruyne just 5.5M...

I see you did your research :)

MoSe
16-06-2014, 10:33:34

Vastly different game to 2012, much more entertaining. From our point of view I thought we did really well at creating chances without having the quality to finish them. At the time I thought a draw would have been fair but having seen the highlights again I think you probably deserved to edge it. Was entertaining to watch at least.

well, I'm not "mainstream" in my views, you know... ;)

more entertaining than euro 2012 yes
emotional maybe for those involved, not a memorable game for neutrals
I much more enjoyed the spanish thrashing for instance :)

I was reall worried at the beginning as you started much better
for some itailan pundit one day passed it became "we dominated 1st half" that's pathetic...
it was all talk about "density in the midfield" and "making them run while we controlled the ball"...
I trust Prandelli, and I'm not one of the many crucifying Paletta, but acutally he looked like the less apt man for the task at hand... Paletta is strong against strongly built forwards and set defense, not against fast wingers and transition attacks, and Chiellini on our left side when it's years he plays central defender couldn't help him much
Paletta played a consistent season with Parma, but bringing in a 28yo Argentinian-born who wasn't part of the qualifying campaing and only capped in the last 3 friendlies before WC, well, tells something about the state of italian defenders this season...

Pirlo is always hailed as a genius "every breath he takes", sure he's a champion and has ecxeptional vision of play, but despite 103/108 passes completion I don't think it was one of his better performances
Our midfiled was orderly kept, Verratti jsut did his homework, De Rossi had to take care of defense mainly and not even always that secure... but I didn't see much inventive and dynamicity
True the climate didn't allow for much, but England seemed they could often outrun us... till they busted after 60-70' :-)

As for Balotelli, despite being a Milan fan I'm always been and still am one of his critics. Not just for his head and behavior, which he now kept under control (thanks of Fanny? ;)). But buecause I don't think he has superito technical skill or ball handling, OK his distance shot is impressive, and he can keep the ball upfront and make the team get forward, but he too often wanders aimlessy, dives shamelessly, adn falls asleep in frotn of the goal letting defenderd catch up...
saturday he swung in the winning header (not the easiest one, well done, but not a miracle either), did one extraordinary thing (the lob over Hart cleared on the line by Jiagielka, which would have been the goal of the WC had it got in) and what else, a couple of decent initiatives?
He did hios job as forward of a strong team, I appreciate and praise him this time, but he's not god on earth or the savior of the nation.
Normally, my view is he's a player you can't relay on. Also in the club, he makes you win one game alone with something sensational, but then he lets you down and leaves you to lose other three while you wait in despair for him doing something decent.

Marchisio and Candreva played well in their role.
Marchisio cans score some occasionally, but this one is the top of his career. Impressive how he looks where to send the ball through a tiny gap in a forest of legs, and hits it exactly there as on a billiards pool.
Candreva holds 70% merit for Balo's goal.

Lots of viewers twitted or skyped "great, but we were lucky", and a couple of TV experts rebutted "where lucky? we had 5 blatant chances, not link the few half-hearted they had, we could have scored 5"
Actullay, in the 5 they counted the 2 we scored, Pirlo's set-piece crossbar at 93' (man, that deserved to get in, he made Hart jump the other way on a feree-kick!), Jagielka's line clearance, and Candrava's post, both in consecutive actions in 1st half stoppage-time.
The rest was more toiling than inspiration.

It was REALLY disappointing how you equalised just two minutes after our advantage, above all for the way you didi it.
OK we lost a ball in the midfield, but we weren't even caught off-guard, you were 2 vs 4! We had two men on Rooney (Verratti and Barzagli) and two on Sturridge (Paletta and Chiellini, see above...)
The utter simplicity of how you got the goal was frankly disarming and depressing. It made me think of one of the goals Netherlands scored vs us in euro 2008.

But then, towards the end of the game, I was thinking, if it had been THAT simple, WHY didn't it happen again?

In the end, entertaining game, few pieces of really fine football, adverse climate conditions influencing the show, we can be satisfied for the good job done, with some suffering, had it ended in a draw we'd had some regrets but it would have been fair gthe same, it leaves us with comforting and promising views for the near future and for winning the group, provided we keep it down to earth and realistically take care of the flaws we showed

Having seen URU-CRC, England still hold fair chances to clinch runner-up spot

Fistandantilus
16-06-2014, 11:58:42
Considering the budget felt stricter than it used to, it would have been crucial to concentrate your resources on the minimum required players, hiring then the cheapest as fillup to meet roster requirements

I did the exact opposite, hoping that having lots of mediocre players was better as we could replace those who underperformed during the round. I was clearly wrong :D plus I didn't do much research and I'm stuck with players who didn't play at all...

Way more entertaining than the 2012 one cause I seem to remember a very passive attitude by the England team back then...

I think the english 'next gen' (Sturridge, Sterling, Wilshere, Welbeck) is really promising and got a lot of praise here too, I'm glad Hodgson finally found the guts to try something new and take a riskier approach.

Finishing was poor and that's something to work on but as I said it's a talented and entertaining side which is something I did't expect to say about England. The 2010 campaign was as dull as it gets.

Also.. I didn't really understand what happened on the England left wing as for what I saw Baines was 1vs2 the entire game. Darmian and Candreva exposed the left flank repeatedly, not sure why there were no countermeasures taken, was Rooney supposed to track back?

P.S. I hope Di Sciglio recovers and pushes Chiellini back in the mid (and Paletta out of my sight as I can't stand him :p)

MoSe
16-06-2014, 12:43:29
11 games so far, no draws
37 goals 3.36/game
3 clean sheets / 22sides

1x 5-1
2x 3-0
3x 3-1
4x 2-1
1x 1-0

3 losing sides were goalless, the other 8 scored one, no losing side scored 2+

in the 8 sides who lost scoring 1:
2 dind't equalise (Australia and Bosnia scored when already trailing 0-2)
5 scored first! (then after getting equalised got on to lose)
1 only failed to overtake the opponent after equalising, and got down again :)

MoSe
16-06-2014, 14:25:19
14.5 M spent for chaff
85.5 M budget to spend for our "elects":
1 GK + 4 DEF + 4 MID + 3 ATT
for 12 players, this is a 7M average value, with an extra 1.5 left

GK (Starter only) DEF MID ATT
7.5 BEL COURTOIS 8.5 BRA TH.SILVA 8.5 ESP INIESTA 10 POR C.RONALDO
ESP CASILLAS 7.5 BRA DAVIDLUIZ CIV YayaTOURE ARG MESSI
7 ITA BUFFON BRA MARCELO 8 ITA PIRLO 9.5 URU L.SUAREZ
GER NEUER BRA D.ALVES BRA OSCAR 9 BRA NEYMAR
6.5 FRA LLORIS 7 ESP S.RAMOS GER OEZIL NED ROBBEN
ENG HART ESP PIQUE NED SNEIJDER ARG AGUERO
6 POR PATRICIO BEL KOMPANY ESP D.SILVA 8.5 NED VANPERSIE
ARG ROMERO GER HUMMELS CHI VIDAL ENG ROONEY
RUS AKINFEEV 6.5 ESP J.ALBA BEL HAZARD FRA BENZEMA
URU MUSLERA GER MERTESACK CRO MODRIC URU CAVANI
USA HOWARD ITA CHIELLINI COL RODRIGUEZ 8 ENG STURRIDGE
5.5 COL OSPINA CHI MEDEL 7.5 ENG GERRARD ARG HIGUAIN
CHI BRAVO 6 ENG G.JOHNSON ARG DI MARIA BRA FRED
SUI BENAGLIO ENG BAINES ESP FABREGAS GER T.MUELLER
CRO PLETIKOSA ENG G.CAHILL GER SCHWEINST 7.5 ITA BALOTELLI
BRA JULIOCESR GER J.BOATENG CRO RAKITIC CHI A.SANCHEZ
BIH BEGOVIC GER HOWEDES ECU aVALENCIA ESP D.COSTA
5 NIG ENYEAMA ARG ZABALETA 7 ESP XAVI HER. GER PODOLSKI
CRC NAVAS ITA BARZAGLI ESP X.ALONSO GER GOETZE
4.5 AUS RYAN POR COENTRAO ENG LAMPARD CRO MANDZUKIC
ECU DOMINGUEZ POR B.ALVES ENG WILSHERE BRA HULK
JPN KAWASHIMA URU CACERES ENG STERLING POR NANI
MEX OCHOA* URU GODIN GER LAHM COL jMARTINEZ
4 CIV BARRY FRA VARANE GER KROOS 7 BIH DZEKO
KOR JUNG ? FRA SAKHO ARG MASCHERAN CIV DROGBA
3.5 IRN DAVARI FRA KOSCIELNY BRA PAULINHO GER KLOSE
3 NED CILLESSEN* COL ZUNIGA POR MOUTINHO NED HUNTELAAR
CMR ITANDJE CRO PRANJIC SUI SHAQUIRI URU FORLAN
GHA ADAMS ? CHI ISLA 6.5 lot good ones ECU CAICEDO
NED VERHAEGH 6-5.5 still good! 6.5-6 smart picks

so, as with food and goods, not always higher price implies quality... but anyway...
we have to suppose that potentially the yield should be ATT>MID>DEF>GK, and the prices seem to reflect this assumption
barring few exceptions, with Defenders you could almost respect the 7M average (remember the 3ppt constraint), and with the GK you could even spare some M

problems begin in Midfield... despite with good research and insights there are lots of interesting opportunities in the 6.5 - 5.5 range, having to pick only 4 it would be hard to renounce to some of teh 7+ and top ones

and with forwards, you should go for all or nothing :-) although ATT yield tends to be very polarised, that is either your striker strikes, or he'll very likley just get the basic 3pts... whereas a Midfielder can usually profit from a wider offer of scoring categories in this game, see the Cuadrado case above

without entering in details, let's say you spend 29 for 3 ATT and 31 for 4 MID... this would leave you with 25.5 for 4 DEF and the GK !!
either you step down a bit upfront, or you'd have to carefully pick your defense, aiming more at the chance of a CS by the team rather than personal performance

the rest is a matter of personal preferences... and indeed of the very same prediction and managing skills that we're testing and comparing in this game!

MoSe
16-06-2014, 14:34:33

I did the exact opposite, hoping that having lots of mediocre players was better as we could replace those who underperformed during the round.

well, that's what I got to in hindsight :D
i didn't first follow that rule myself, and I was indeed thinking a bit like you, then with time ticking away to the deadline I frenzied and mixed the approach whimsically...

go figure I had started by pickng Courtois, Thigao Silva, Iniesta and Messi right away

I'm trying now to figure out, in light of the above "too late" analysis, what I'd have done with more time to reason, trying to let not myself get influenced by how the first matches actually went so far... :cute:

MoSe
16-06-2014, 18:23:39
Things R beginning to show thru!
Now I can see points AND details for players on the bench
so, Dzeko got 3, Karnezis 5(-1 for 3 goals +3 for saves)

Fistandantilus
16-06-2014, 19:27:33
Cool, now I can see those 7 points I lost when the change of formation benched Bolanos yay

MoSe
17-06-2014, 02:00:07
LOL, as I was doing my chaff analysis I was thinking John BROOKS, who the hell is that?
:D

now in the game page I can see my current points 98 and rank around 7500 which is not great
still can'see other points nor details in the league page

MoSe
17-06-2014, 06:50:21
I must have botched something! :(

I still see the C under Cuadrado, but now it says 14 pts instead of 28, although it reports Captain Bonus x2 in the details

MoSe
17-06-2014, 06:52:44
my points total under my profile still says 98, counting 28 pts...

MoSe
17-06-2014, 06:57:26
but his name doesn't appear anymore on top of the pitch, and if I try to click Change... it says "There are currently NO PLAYERS in your squad!!! Go to the transfers page now to BUILD your squad!"

NOOO!!!

if something bad happens...I WILL WITHDRAW!
damn

MoSe
17-06-2014, 07:08:50
GO FIGURE?

They enabled the 2nd page for picking your lineup for 2nd round of group phase, and there's My Captain still listed for new round, and all the players there

I nearly got a heart attack! :bash:

Funko
17-06-2014, 08:18:24
The utter simplicity of how you got the goal was frankly disarming and depressing. It made me think of one of the goals Netherlands scored vs us in euro 2008.

But then, towards the end of the game, I was thinking, if it had been THAT simple, WHY didn't it happen again?

Also.. I didn't really understand what happened on the England left wing as for what I saw Baines was 1vs2 the entire game. Darmian and Candreva exposed the left flank repeatedly, not sure why there were no countermeasures taken, was Rooney supposed to track back?

The English media are obsessed with Rooney and there has been much discussion about this. I think the time he created the goal was actually one time he didn't track back, so when the full back was up the pitch he had some space to run into. When he was being more disciplined he didn't make as many chances.

One of the consequences of picking suck an attacking line-up is that you leave spaces at the back. It very nearly paid off, but we just couldn't score enough goals.

I think at the time of the second goal it was actually Wellbeck who was out of position on the left and not tracking back (not sure whether Rooney was supposed to be out there at that point).

It's funny in England, I think that's the most entertaining and promising Finals match I've watched us play for 15 years but the media are still determined to find fault. Rooney is getting a lot of stick despite making our goal and having our best other chance (ok he missed it, but he also made it for himself).

I'm enjoying our brave new world of attacking football and also think we should be able to beat the other two teams, as long as we can enjoy the game, attack and resist being crippled by the pressure.

Funko
17-06-2014, 08:23:52
The fucking page is now not showing double points for my captain.

Oh I see MoSe had the same thing

Funko
17-06-2014, 08:24:58
Lost 4 points by not bringing in an Iranian defender. bah.

MoSe
17-06-2014, 08:28:51
unrelated: I think I saw a post somewhere calling your manager Hotdogson (and I doubt it was our dutchie friend) :)

Funko
17-06-2014, 09:54:08
re: Balotelli. He filled a sticker book full of his own face. :lol:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2014/6/16/1402947546236/Balotelli-Panini-008.jpg

Will always love him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/16/mario-balotelli-panini-italy-facebook-world-cup

MoSe
17-06-2014, 10:50:16
LOL, saw that too

and what about this one?

Orin & Melissa (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658716/Soccer-loving-couple-dreamed-going-World-Cup-left-devastated-travel-agent-mistakes-crime-ridden-San-Salvador-Salvador-Brazil.html)

MoSe
17-06-2014, 10:55:00
BTW, how many pts did you get with Ozzie?

MoSe
17-06-2014, 11:01:39
I think they'll make all the leagues visible in my leagues once the first gameweek has finished.

how did you know?
;)
ah, of course, I forgot: you are very very often right

this too just began working

with the same 98 pts (I'll wait to put Vertonghen in till the lineups are announced...) my overall ranking dropped tho from 7500 to 34000 :(

MoSe
17-06-2014, 11:21:24
The fucking page is now not showing double points for my captain.

Oh I see MoSe had the same thing

and the double points are now shown back again!

jeez, we almost can see them toilin and tinkering with the site!

MoSe
17-06-2014, 16:47:18
DAMN !

Foul causing a penalty -1
Yellow card -1
bye bye +4 Clean Sheet

from a prospective +7 (counting >60' play), to a +1...
and I benched 4pts Torosidis to put in Vertonghen :bash:

MoSe
17-06-2014, 17:28:24
they fix one and break another:
now they don't update live the pts shown under your players on the pitch....

Vertonghen is amassing fouls, I was savoring the 100 pts just one hour ago...

Walrus Feeder
17-06-2014, 22:22:36
I've (Matt Sinclair) have had a shocking first round. Replaced Julio Cesar with Barry and lost a point and Abate didn't didn't play, and probably won't play at RB for Italy so a waste there and I don't have great cover in defence. Despite letting 4 in vs Germany Bruno Alves managed to get a respectable 7pts though. Midfield hasn't done well either: Di Maria, Shaqiri, Misimovic and Higuain and Lukaku have given poor return upfront. Benzema was a good pick but forgot to pick him as captain and now my captain hopes lie with Fayzulin or Russia. I then see an Iranian defender on my bench has 9pts and Bentaleb a usual 7pts. I'll be better prepared for round 2 I suppose. :confused:

Funko
18-06-2014, 08:01:06
It doesn't show us who has what points, just where we are in the league I think?

89 points for the round, my best possible was 102, biggest cost was I lost 8 points for an Iranian defender (who I never put on the pitch, stupid) for Vertongen

Funko
18-06-2014, 08:02:00
And the leagues aren't even in the right order...

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 08:04:37
I got 70 :( and the future doesn't look better

MoSe
18-06-2014, 08:07:28
I've (Matt Sinclair) have had a shocking first round.
It's not easy for anyone :)
I was disappointed for having missed my optimal 101pts lineup (I should have to imagine ALG Bouguerra getting 7pts) and for having benched a player for another who fared worse, but I console seeing that everybody has his own gripes ;)

Replaced Julio Cesar with Barry and lost a point
"gambles" don't always succeed :) -1pt it's not the worst which could happen

and Abate didn't didn't play, and probably won't play at RB for Italy so a waste there and I don't have great cover in defence.

the problem with teams having many options, is that you can't be sure who'll actually play, even if "affirmed"...
Abate is rather worth for his speed and stamina rather than skills and brains (and I say that despite he plays in the club I support), but Darmian impressed in his debut in last friendly after a consistent season in Torino, and Prandelli decided to trust his form and enthusiasm (rightly so). With De Sciglio recovering and Chiellini uneasy on the side, there are lots of TV talks about fielding Abate and switching Darmian to the right. He can play both sides, but perhaps it's not wise risking to "break the charm" :-)

Despite letting 4 in vs Germany he managed to get a respectable 7pts.
are you talking about GK Rui Patricio, or a defender?
Rules say -1pt every 2 goals conceded BOTH for GK and Defs.
But I have both the GK and 2 Defs from Greece in my 23, their scoring detail says -1 "Goals condeded" for GK Karnezis, but does NOT report the same deduction for the Defenders... game broken? ;)
anyway, GKs get +1 for every single save, and even conceding 4 goals they only get a -2, so they have good chance to make up (of course losing the +4 for clean sheet is a bust)

Midfield hasn't done well either: Di Maria, Shaqiri, Misimovic and Higuain and Lukaku have given poor return. Benzema was a good pick but forgot to pick him as captain and now my captain hopes lie with Fayzulin or Russia.
Interesting Mid picks there, could have paid well, just bad luck they didn't.
Something tells me Fayzullin mustn't have rocked either ;)
As Forwards, Lukaku was indeed disappointing, Higuain I guess got at least an assist, Benzema was even unlucky that his 2nd goal was an OG by Hon GK Valladares :)

I then see an Iranian defender on my bench has 9pts and Bentaleb a usual 7pts.
7pts is alreay a good result by me for a defender. And I'd say unexpected for an ALG defender. 9pts for an iranian defender should go under "totally unforseeable"

I'll be better prepared for round 2 I suppose. :confused:
we all wish so :D
otherwise we'd withdraw ;) they even added now the "Leave League" button :D

BTW, despite 1st round is now definitely over, it looks like I could still "remove" my 1st round players from the pitch...
we've learned by now that this shit interface is a work in progress

Still no detailed infos in the My League page, nor even 1st round results and league ranking

keep waiting...

Funko
18-06-2014, 08:10:09
So my optimal line-up was better than yours! I think that means I'm winning? ;)

MoSe
18-06-2014, 08:20:38
4 of us posted, who's nolers? KG?

Members 5
Your Rank -
League Rank -
League created by Matthew32

Your Rank and League Rank are still blank, updates yet to come

so,
me 95 (best 101)
Funko 89 (/102)
Fist 70
Matt didn't say but from his words it must not be much ;)

MoSe
18-06-2014, 08:22:13
So my optimal line-up was better than yours! I think that means I'm winning? ;)

you won in the market and I outplayed you on the ptich as an underdog! :p

MoSe
18-06-2014, 10:06:26
as details are not out yet (...will they ever? :()
I'll bore you with some consid about my own team

Pts VAL NAT Player
C.capt *in11 - didn't play (should've benched/picked)
Goalkeepers
8* 6.5 FRA Hugo LLORIS
6 3 NED Jasper CILLESSEN
5 2 GRE Orestis KARNEZIS
Defenders
5* 5.5 SUI Stephan LICHTSTEINER
1* 5.5 BEL Jan VERTONGHEN
9* 4 COL Cristian ZAPATA
3 4 GRE Vasileios TOROSIDIS
4* 2.5 GRE Konstantinos MANOLAS
6 2 ALG Madjid BOUGUERRA
3 1.5 ALG Carl MEDJANI
Midfielders
3* 8.5 ESP Andres INIESTA
8* 6 BIH Miralem PJANIC
14C 6 COL Juan CUADRADO
- 4 CMR Jean MAKOUN (w/ Matip & Mbia, I thought he'd be the 1 to play...)
- 2 IRN Reza HAGHIGHI
- 1.5 HON Jerry PALACIOS
- 1.5 HON Edder DELGADO
- 1 IRN Hashem BEIKZADEH
Forwards
11* 10 ARG Lionel MESSI
3 7 BIH Edin DZEKO
12* 6.5 CIV GERVINHO
3 5.5 CMR Samuel ETOO (probably out for knee now?)
5* 4 CMR Eric CHOUPO MOTING

so... Lloris was a decent pick, but only gave me 2pt more than Cillessen, spending 3.5M more. Should've bought ALG M'boli for just 1M :)

Defense is where the budget made me crank down, I had started by picking Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Godin and Beresutskiy :o
so in ended up with Licht & Vert hoping for their cleansheets and getting fopuls and yellows
half-baked Zapata who made me lucky
half-chaff greeks who fared better than expected
and two ALG as pure chaff, who I'd never had the guts to field on last matchday!
had I gone by with a a 3-4-3, I'd have got 15pts for 15M
Top4 VAL would yield 19pts for 19M
the 3 "chaffs" yielded 16pts for 6M :D

in Midfield, Iniesta was my "top fetish" along witrh Messi :)
Pjanic and Cuaadrado were intended as "two smart picks at a reasonable price, thanks to my Serie A insights as an italian" :) ancd they served quite well their role: 22pts for 12M; (captaincy apart!)
Makoun was the last I picked and the best I could devise for 4M, wrong choice probably. The rest were 4 desperation chaffs for 6M, who indeed didn't play
This leaves me with a 3 and a half players midfield (including the underperforming fetish) forcing me to choose 4-3-3

in Attack, I went with one of the two top Val, and 4 underaverage forwards, but no real chaff (Choupo was anyway a fairly sure starter for a cheap 4M, moreso now with Etoo injured)
spent 33M for 5 players (6.6M avg, 3 tops +2 non-playing 1M would be 31M), the 3 who made my 11 in the end gave me 28pts, which is more than 9pts avg, not despisable
I wonder which the 1st round top scorers are, judging by goals alone could be Muller/Robben/VanPersie who cost 25.5M in three...

__

edit: with some delay, they corrected Gre and Alg players scores
my score for 1st round was thus 94, and my Optimal 99

MoSe
18-06-2014, 11:29:44
I know, jokes about names are stupid, but... I couldn't resist :cute:

"I'll wipe out your mutant child!"
- Frickson ERAZO (Ecuador defender)

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 12:49:40
as details are not out yet (...will they ever? :()

I cannot imagine reaching the first transfer window without knowing how many points (and why) each player got.

MoSe
18-06-2014, 13:13:54
I'm already preparing to the eventuality :(

as I said, I fear it's the new policy, adapted to the smarfone & social generation

you don't get many likes if your game attracts manic accountants
you get'em from ADHD/prozac-minded new generations, who don't need data support to enjoy making picks based on whim and first impression and fb hype

</grupyoldman>

Im already getting cravings for not knowing which the best legal 11 would have been after just 1st round, go figure

I'll delve in the available pdf match reports and statistics, and build my xls db team by team :D

MoSe
18-06-2014, 13:28:18
I cannot imagine reaching the first transfer window without knowing how many points (and why) each player got.
I was already thinking to write them to tell that because of that I was switching from McDonald to BurgerKing ! lol

MoSe
18-06-2014, 13:29:17
LOL

MoSe
18-06-2014, 15:25:28
Aussies have a midfielder named James HOLLAND, but they leave him on the bench vs Netherlands. Dimwits

MoSe
18-06-2014, 15:54:52
My League updated with teams ranking

# Members Points
1 Gbr nolers 109
2 Ita MasquerAce 95
3 Gbr Funkodrom 94
4 Ita Fist2014 93
5 Gbr Matthew32 74

so... Funko and Fist tallied more than they had calculated... very close midtable, but can't you do your math? :D

who's nolers again? kudos, scored more than runnerups optimal lineup!

Still, no peeking into other league teams squad
they sure know how to take out all fun from a game
couldn't FIFA tell their developers "do just the same as last time?"

NOLERS, come up and show off your squad!

Walrus Feeder
18-06-2014, 16:01:01
Nolers is my friend who i used to houseshare with. He always provides good competition at these sorts of things!

MoSe
18-06-2014, 16:07:31
I had joined in a public 'Messi Lovers League' too, just because I'm one :), not knowing anyone nore getting invited

with 95 I'm 9th/15

top table score 149, 139, 116, 115 - 75, 63 & 41 (!) for "relegation" ;)
I realise there isn't even an in-league chat, or link on the members names, to talk with other in a league you joined in !!!! incredible

in public league 'Italy' with 95pts I'm 173rd/392, leader 147 table evenly spaced down to 40th with 120pts, then tied ranks begin to amass (88 with 110pts, down to 148 with 100pts)

MoSe
18-06-2014, 16:08:15
Nolers is my friend who i used to houseshare with. He always provides good competition at these sorts of things!

nice!

can't he post here?

MoSe
18-06-2014, 16:42:03
damn, Cahill again, equalises Robben after just one minute
can't holland keep a clean sheet even vs Aussies?
oh, well, I'll have greek GK vs Japan, and French vs Swiss...

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 17:03:37
Cahill is so awesome. Loses so many points via fouls and yellow cards that scoring doesn't matter anymore. Not a surprise he made my team.

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 17:06:21
My League updated with teams ranking

so... Funko and Fist tallied more than they had calculated... very close midtable, but can't you do your math? :D

I believe that's the overall points not just the 1st round ones.

MoSe
18-06-2014, 17:06:57
Cahill is so awesome. Loses so many points via fouls and yellow cards that scoring doesn't matter anymore. Not a surprise he made my team.you should prepare his sub for next round then :p
he was "diffidato" having got a yellow in first match too, nose pain for him

MoSe
18-06-2014, 17:08:46
I believe that's the overall points not just the 1st round ones.

hhhmmm... you mean, it counts the BRA-MEX points already? (you got 23????)
what a lame interface
we can't even see the ranking for round 1 proper

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 17:12:33
Yeah, 18 for Julio Cesar (captain) and 5 for Dos Santos

MoSe
18-06-2014, 17:29:04
and penalty now for Aussie!

MoSe
18-06-2014, 17:35:54
OK, Cillessen captancy was just tentative, profiting of the game mechanism
I switched it RIGHT NOW to Iniesta

RVP equalised right after, but he'll miss next match vs Chile too

MoSe
18-06-2014, 17:45:39
what a match!
Aussie miss the impossible and on the break Depaay gets Ned ahead

Fistandantilus
18-06-2014, 17:47:15
Defending is a lost art apparently

Fistandantilus
19-06-2014, 05:19:04
Ok so now the link to the 1st group phase is gone and I can't review it??

MoSe
19-06-2014, 06:27:58
twas there till it was "running"
with some delay, they closed it and moved it to Latest Scores new page
wher you tho can't see anymore 1st round scores by players you left on the bench as you can see no bench there :(

BTW, the BASTARDS have decided to dock 1pt off Manolas who now has 4pts instead of 5...
so my 1st round score dropped to 94

youn can't even review your managerial choices from previous round, nor devise what your optimal lineup would have been, hadn't you done it while the round was "live"
:bash:

MoSe
19-06-2014, 06:36:43
Rules say -1pt every 2 goals conceded BOTH for GK and Defs.
But I have both the GK and 2 Defs from Greece in my 23, their scoring detail says -1 "Goals condeded" for GK Karnezis, but does NOT report the same deduction for the Defenders... game broken? ;)

actually, they're right, Manolas should have had 4 from the start, as they had forgotten to deduct the Goals Conceded -1

so it's correct now, that they fixed their mistake... FIVE DAYS AFTER THE MATCH !!!

did they hire unemployed developers from Firaxis?
are they trying to cement the sense of community belonging by deliberately adding bugs to a game that was excellent last time around?
:tizzy: :vom:
(didn't we have a :nonono: smilie?)

MoSe
19-06-2014, 06:45:44
Besides, is it just me or when you change formation you have no control on the player that gets benched and if he already played you can't even put him back on?

This interface sucks.

indeed

I figure it takes out the rightmost, regardless of the lowest pts another one might have

latest "Work In Progress" episode:

Fistandantilus
19-06-2014, 07:05:45
Too bad when I changed it it benched someone who scored 7 points instead... I'm glad they eventually fixed it tho

MoSe
19-06-2014, 07:15:47
I thought they fixed it because you filed an official complaint
;)

Funko
19-06-2014, 08:34:54
Top players of 'M-League'
# Members Points
1 Funkodrom 124
2 nolers 116
3 MasquerAce 114
4 Fist2014 96
5 Matthew32 72

Funko
19-06-2014, 08:41:58
The scoring is amazing. Itandje got me 7 points whilst conceding 4 goals, and I'll probably keep him if that stays. Mena got 10 points. :cool:

Funko
19-06-2014, 08:42:19
I've actually dropped 6 points as I've moved the captaincy on from Sanchez.

MoSe
19-06-2014, 09:03:31
I'll drop 5 moving it from Choupo, but still have to decide whether to insist with Cuadrado (14pt in 1st round w/ 2 assists) or give a try to Gervinho (12pt w/ a goal)
:) the 'Pasta Rockets (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=pasta-rockets-tussle-in-group-c-2375848.html)' will face each other so I'll have to choose beforehand

then tonite I'll put in Karnezis (worth anyway to "explore" his chances vs Jpn) as I won't keep on pitch Cillessen in any case, as he got only 4pt this round, notwithstanding that my last GK option Lloris doesn't inspire me the same confidence vs Switz...

Funko
19-06-2014, 09:13:04

No. It's added our points from Gameweek 2.

MoSe
19-06-2014, 17:24:22
whether to insist with Cuadrado (14pt in 1st round w/ 2 assists) or give a try to Gervinho (12pt w/ a goal)

I kept with Cuadrado

so far, 1st half, the correct choice would have been... Zapata! :eek:

the AC Milan defender (vituperated enough in his club) fared well already in 1st match, but it was thanks to the +4 for CS. He got then +1 for balls recovered and +1 passes Bonus.

I doubted he could repeat the good score, and indeed... he bettered it already after just 1st half!
he confirmed the two +1s, and he added... +6 for blocked shots! (+2 each)

10pts, not yet including another point if he plays on over the hour, and the eventual clean sheet

whereas so far Cuadrado and Gervinho saw good action, but no scoring feature, apart the token 2 points for playing time... :bash:

The second half kicks off.

MoSe
19-06-2014, 17:41:10
Barry denied a goal to Cuadrado....

Walrus, that's in-league fighting! :)

MoSe
19-06-2014, 17:44:11
but then concedes to James Rodriguez!

does a corner kick count as an Assist? :cute:

MoSe
19-06-2014, 17:55:52
:bounce:
mixed feelings:

+5 Gervinho GOAL!

-4 Zapata (def) -1 Cuadrado (Mid) points they won't get for the gone Clean Sheet

that leavs me even... except now I know I definitely took the wrong captain
oh, well, I'll have Messi vs Iran :)

MoSe
19-06-2014, 18:01:01
does a corner kick count as an Assist?

YES :)

current points after 81':
11 Zapata
10 Gervinho
7 Cuadrado (x2 Captain, which I'll likely change tho)

MoSe
20-06-2014, 07:27:38
let me enjoy my fleeting moment of glory :)

I was involved in 2 matches yesterday, and had to make choices about captaincy

COL-CIV

11 Zapata
11 Gervinho
_7 Cuadrado, and of course I had given the band to him

Jpn-GRE
I had GK and 2 greek DEF
wasn't really hoping in the CS (which I then got for all 3)
OK the GK makles all the Saves, but thought that maybe outfield players could benefit from more categories: recovers, blocks, passes, and the chance of a goal on corners
well, albeit Manolas had scored 1 more in 1st round, I picked Torosidis indeed because he occasionally nets one: result, he missed a goal in the beginning, and got a yellow at the very end
I can't really complain tho
12 Karnezis (5 saves)
13 Manolas (+2 recovers +4 blocks)
10 Torosidis (+4 recovers -1 card)

both times I picked the worst out of 3, nice consistency...
Now even having Messi to play, I doubt I'll risk removing the band from a 10pts player...also true tho that Lionel vs Iran could be very rewarding....
tough gamble to decide on
___

so, in one day I got 64+10=74 points from 6 players, not bad at all :)

Now in this round I have 85 with 3 to play
Lichtsteiner
Messi
Pjanic

80 with 4 if I count the 5 I'll drop with Choupo to put in Dzeko

with Karnezis at 12, Lloris will of course take a turn resting on the bench
as will do Vertonghen if the Swiss will just brign 4-5 pts to the cause
(but then ALG Bouguerra vs KOR in last match for the round, hmmm...)

if my luck for the round has been used up, I might end with more or less the same points as in previous one, leaving to other league contenders who still have to field their big guns the chance to catch up
should I find some more cartridge to shoot in my band, I might pass the 100pts this time and even aim for 110...

MoSe
20-06-2014, 08:00:23
after 7 matches in 2nd round

# Members Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 179
2 Gbr nolers 127
3 Gbr Funkodrom 121
4 Ita Fist2014 105
5 Gbr Matthew32 78

I played most of my cards (see previous post)

as we can't see each other's squads in the league page :bash:
'twould be nice if you could post which players you'll still have to field in the weekend

other league contenders who still have to field their big guns

for instance IIRC from round 1 Funko should be waiting big points from
ARG Romero, Higuain vs IRN
GER Oezil vs GHA
BEL Vertonghen, De Bruyne, Lukaku vs RUS

what about Fist & Matt?
(and o/c nolers if he can find the way to post here)

Fistandantilus
20-06-2014, 08:02:39
I'm struggling to find 11 players who actually play (first round I had two 0s too) :lol: so I wouldn't be too concerned if I was you :p

Fistandantilus
20-06-2014, 08:18:36
Anyway, I'd hate myself for not giving you the opportunity to provide some more stats so here are the players on my team still available :p

DEF
Demichelis (Argentina)
Mensah (Ghana)
Kolasinac (Bosnia)
Beithasour (Iran)

MID
Pogba (France)
Bolanos (Costa Rica)
Marchisio (Italy)
Veloso (Portugal)
Hadadifar (Iran)
Palacios (Honduras)

FOR
Zhirkov (Russia)
Lukaku (Belgium)
Slimani (Algeria)

Still have 6 players to field (7 if I decide to bench Hasebe - 2 pts)

Go on, do your magic :D

Funko
20-06-2014, 08:28:41
I don't know whether to play Romero, got 7 points from keeper already. I expect Romero to keep a clean sheet, but if he doesn't I'm not sure he'll get more than 7 points. Hmm.

Walrus Feeder
20-06-2014, 10:30:54
Barry got a respectable 6pts. Can't argue with that. Most of my team play in the coming days so a bit like England still have a chance of getting some points!

MoSe
21-06-2014, 12:10:26
'n u did!
yesterday:

Ace +3 (Lichts, who I'll bench anyway)
Noler +5
Funko +10
Fist +9 (not much from Marchisio Bolano Pogba)
Matt +43 ! leap to 4th close to 3rd

MoSe
21-06-2014, 17:22:43
Shit!
I had resolved to captainize Messi dropping the current 10p by Torosidis' band...
but then went out shopping and forgot to do it b4 6pm
3pts for him after 1st half...

MoSe
21-06-2014, 19:17:08
Oh, well :cute:
Goal at 91', 10p the same, poor Iran
Romero CS, luck but own merit too (3 saves)

Fistandantilus
21-06-2014, 21:25:08
Ghana deserved to win. Twice.

MoSe
21-06-2014, 22:15:34
WHAT??? THEY TOOK OUT LINEUP CHANGES??????
dunno if it's jus mobile interface, or general
in My Team page it's no more possible:
- remove a player from the pitch ( to put in one from bench)
- change captain
- change formation
- not even Refresh by clicking on the green bar ( Your Pitch)

I cant now put in Dzeko for Choupo, nor will tomorrow Vertonghen for Lichtsteiner

this takes out any real.interst in this game "ranking"
your score does not reflect your skill, or anyway the effect of YOUR choices
but just the suckiness and bugs of the interface, 'de facto' it changes the game rules underway from under your feet

MoSe
21-06-2014, 22:33:07
GREAT
now in the last clicking tries and efforts, due to a refresh glitch my last fingering fell unintentionally on Pjanic
THAT they allowed to remove INSTANTLY from the pitch (WITHOT ASKING FOR ANY CONFIRM)
by the time I fingered the empty spot (NOW refresh took 30 seconds) the game must have just started
and I can't pick him back anymore (nor have any other midfielder yet to play)

MoSe
22-06-2014, 07:50:48
So, Pjanic had +6, lost them due to a *malfunctioning*
Dzeko got just +3 (VERY unlucky :)), saved 2 by not being able to bench Choupo's 5, and that was thanks to a *fraud* by the site

by my skills and choices I'd have 192+6+3-5=196
By interface lameness and organisers changing rules underway,
I'm forced to play 2nd round in 10 men and stick with 192 in the game

*for the records* could I play by the rules, I'd bench Lichtsteiner's 3pts and field Vertonghen
And should he get less than 5 I'd then further replace him with Bouguerra

MoSe
22-06-2014, 07:55:14
I forgot: :beer:

Let's play on, in 10, blindfolded & with a hand tied behind my back

Fistandantilus
22-06-2014, 10:16:25
For the record I can still remove and add players without problems...

MoSe
22-06-2014, 11:30:52
I presume form a PC-like device and not from mobile?
It's not just the players, it's the whole interface *systematically* changed
sorry for reprating myself, but the refrresh icon disappeared from the green bar, thhere is no more "Change your Captain" link, there is no more Change Formaton drop-down box at all
there is no more the little green cirlce with the running player on top-right corner of players images in the pitch
and grom this very same smurfone I assure that I *have* rrmoved players who had played, and a confirmaion box with a blue Remove and a red Cancel button appeared
when the refresh-scroll made my finger fall on Pjanic instead of Choupo no such box appeared, surely because it happened few seconds before his game started

so, It can't be my smurfone not working nor me not knowing how to do it, nor the'frozen' interface either
it must be an intentional change they decided to apply, penalising mobile users (androids at least...)

Luckily next round will be all played mon to thu, and I'll make all my changes from the office PC (true, I won't be abe to wait 9pm for line-ups corfirmaion of 10pm matches...)

MoSe
22-06-2014, 15:38:33
IT CAME BACK !!!
Everything usual, as I remembered
and I did nothing, just refreshed one more time
this proves that I was right, that they decided to disable changes for who'd already played *from the mobile interface* for over 24 hrs (or that it took them that time to fix such a "bug")

MoSe
22-06-2014, 15:47:20
Angry face above it's bc I'm stuck w/ 10 men as it's too late to bring back Pjanic and I've no more midf yet to play

of course now that I've benched Lichtsteiner 3pts, Vertonghen willl score 2 OG and get a red :D
but that's just fair, it's MY choice
not the effect of a bug/fraud of the mobile site interface :p

Fistandantilus
22-06-2014, 16:11:43
Yeah, from what you describe it was an issue regarding mobile devices only.

It's a mess btw, this whole attempt at targeting a wider audience fucked up a lot of stuff.

MoSe
22-06-2014, 16:13:04
SHIT!!!
I was so excited it worked again, that I forgot to check lineups b4hand
...and Vertonghen starts from the bench! :bash:
C'mon, call me a clown, that I'd deserved it! :lol:

MoSe
22-06-2014, 16:23:26
Oh well, he might still get in during the match (warmup knee injury scare for Vermaelrn who took his place)
and I wouldn't have kept a def with 3p in the 11 anyway, I'd have subbed him in any case tonite with one of th 2 ALG defs

MoSe
22-06-2014, 16:54:05
Oh well, he might still get in during the match (warmup knee injury scare for Vermaelrn who took his place)

and he did!
Why did he have to wait 31' ???
Couple minutes earlier eould jave neen one more point...

MoSe
22-06-2014, 17:00:12
and it doesm't make him eligible for the eventual CS either (>61') :(

MoSe
22-06-2014, 18:38:15
I had said <5, he got 4...
(w/ 3 mre minutes he'd have thus got 9...)
Bouguerra got 7 last time vs Bel eveem if conceding 2...
not guaranteed he'll repeat vs weaker Kor, but worst it can happen is to lose 2-3p
have to take the risk

MoSe
23-06-2014, 07:21:24
to avoid further complications I'll just highlight my optimal lineup

Pts VAL NAT Player
*optimal C.capt - didn't play
Goalkeepers
5 6.5 FRA Hugo LLORIS
4 3 NED Jasper CILLESSEN
12* 2 GRE Orestis KARNEZIS
Defenders
3 5.5 SUI Stephan LICHTSTEINER
4 5.5 BEL Jan VERTONGHEN
11* 4 COL Cristian ZAPATA
10* 4 GRE Vasileios TOROSIDIS
13C 2.5 GRE Konstantinos MANOLAS
2 2 ALG Madjid BOUGUERRA
5* 1.5 ALG Carl MEDJANI
Midfielders
6* 8.5 ESP Andres INIESTA
6* 6 BIH Miralem PJANIC
7* 6 COL Juan CUADRADO
- 4 CMR Jean MAKOUN
1 2 IRN Reza HAGHIGHI
- 1.5 HON Jerry PALACIOS
- 1.5 HON Edder DELGADO
- 1 IRN Hashem BEIKZADEH
Forwards
10* 10 ARG Lionel MESSI
3 7 BIH Edin DZEKO
11* 6.5 CIV GERVINHO
- 5.5 CMR Samuel ETOO
5* 4 CMR Eric CHOUPO MOTING

thus

Optimal: 109

"true" according to my intended choices
-3 picked the wrong Greek as Captain
-3 picked the wrong Algerian as 4th defender
-2 (wanted to) subbed Choupo with Dzeko
101pts

*actual* in-game 11, as per mobile interface bug/accident :cute:
-6 took out Pjanic without being able to reinstate nor replace him, played in 10
+2pts "saved" by not being actually able to sub in Dzeko as I intended :)
97pts

MoSe
23-06-2014, 07:25:06
I think I understood what happened:

they were preparing the 3rd round page, and to move current 2nd round to Latest Scores

temporarily, I can see now again 1st round under My Team too

so, their *INCOMPETENCE* in managing the phase changes, made them disable the lineup changes (except for men yet to play) in mobile interface for over 24hrs :rolleyes:

MoSe
23-06-2014, 07:48:02
# Members Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 191
2 Gbr nolers 184
3 Gbr Matthew32 168
4 Gbr Funkodrom 163
5 Ita Fist2014 131

Kudos to Matt for the great comeback
it's possible that he won the round, but bugs in the lame interface and scant reporting, make it hard to say :)
I got 94 in 1st and 97* in 2nd

*bugs in the interface made me lose 4pts this round, and Fist 7 in the previous, but we'll go by (always those italians! ;))

it could seem that I made a great fuss about not being (temporarily as we then saw) able to sub the 4th defender, just for few points (and making the wrong decision in the end :D), but you see now that the lead is rather close (7pts) so even a few points could have made a difference :)

MoSe
23-06-2014, 08:35:32
* optimal
C captain
- didn't play
(for the Captain I only show the base pts, NOT the x2 bonus)
R1 R2 VAL NAT Player

8* 5 6.5 FRA Hugo LLORIS
6 4 3 NED Jasper CILLESSEN
5 12* 2 GRE Orestis KARNEZIS

5* 3 5.5 SUI Stephan LICHTSTEINER
1 4 5.5 BEL Jan VERTONGHEN
9* 11* 4 COL Cristian ZAPATA
3 10* 4 GRE Vasileios TOROSIDIS
4* 13C 2.5 GRE Konstantinos MANOLAS
6* 2 2 ALG Madjid BOUGUERRA
3 5* 1.5 ALG Carl MEDJANI

3* 6* 8.5 ESP Andres INIESTA
8* 6* 6 BIH Miralem PJANIC
14C 7* 6 COL Juan CUADRADO
- - 4 CMR Jean MAKOUN
- 1 2 IRN Reza HAGHIGHI
- - 1.5 HON Jerry PALACIOS
- - 1.5 HON Edder DELGADO
- - 1 IRN Hashem BEIKZADEH

11* 10* 10 ARG Lionel MESSI
3 3 7 BIH Edin DZEKO
12* 11* 6.5 CIV GERVINHO
3 - 5.5 CMR Samuel ETOO
5* 5* 4 CMR Eric CHOUPO MOTING

'twood b nice if you could do the same review for your teams too, but I guess you can't be bothered :cute:

I'd do it for you, but with this WC interface I don't know your players (except a few), and even if you told me, I can't see their points :(

Walrus Feeder
23-06-2014, 10:29:31
Going from 5th to 3rd isn't bad, despite not changing Cesar back into nets before the start of the 2nd round so lost 3pts there. Benzema as captain helped out big time.

104 pts in this round;

Barry 6

D. Alves 8
B. Alves 9
Halliche 11 (put this Algerian defender in yesterday and he scored!)
Vertongen 4

Di Maria 8
Hazard 8
Shaqiri 7
Fazyulin 7
Bentaleb 4

Benzema 16 x 2 as Captain

*I also had Iranian defender Montazeri 8pts and Algerian striker Slimani 13pts on bench who could scored more. If's and buts though.

Final set of group games will be interested as few chances to swap players around final games in each group take place at the same time.

Fistandantilus
23-06-2014, 10:33:16
'twood b nice if you could do the same review for your teams too, but I guess you can't be bothered :cute:

There isn't much I could do cause basically half my players didn't see the pitch. My initial selection was really poor, I wish you could transfer players between rounds.

Only thing I could be do better was replacing Zhirkov (0 pts) with Slimani (13 points) and giving him the captaincy instead of Julio Cesar.

Would have been a 17 points gain.

MoSe
23-06-2014, 11:20:49
wow, 104 with a 4-5-1, good consistency thruout the field
you had good insights in selecting the 23

from your notes your optimal lineup could have been 120!
+3 J.Cesar
+4 Montazeri (I see Vertonghen mislead many of us ;))
+9 Slimani (with 4-4-2)

And had Benzema scored the penalty, he'd have +5 for the goal instead of -2 for the miss, x2 Cap could have been 14 more!

Slimani costed just 2M (indeed he started from the bench 1st round)

Funko
23-06-2014, 16:11:07
This world cup is over isn't it?

MoSe
23-06-2014, 16:30:11
you mean you won't give all your efforts in fair play, to give the teams who beat you a chance to take group lead from Crc?

:slaps forehead: football brought itself home!

Let's make it live on in this neverending Fantasy
:cute:

MoSe
23-06-2014, 18:25:18
First two Round3 games

8p GK Cillessen (CS +1 save)
I guess I'll keep him, chanches that GRE Karnezis vs CIV and even FRA Lloris vs ECU will score (much) more, are slim imho, or anyway there's more risk to lose 3-4 pts

11p MID Iniesta x2 Capt. = 22 ! :) finally in his 3rd match he put together more than in his 1st twos combined. +3 assist, CS, recovers, deliveries, Passing Bonus, a 360° performance
I figure 11p for a Captain it's a good enough score already, in previous rounds I only had one 14, one 13 and two 12. Vague hope to gain 2-3pts at risk to lose more

good start, just Choupo for me tonite, nobody tomorrow afternoon, then 5 players tomorrow nite

Walrus Feeder
23-06-2014, 19:14:50
Spain v Australia was a meaningless game anyway so i don't reckon you should get points for Iniesta he he he!

MoSe
24-06-2014, 06:24:59

actually they must have recounted during the night :rolleyes:, and they even awarded him one more point for Balls Recovered
so his score is now 12
x2 Captain = 24 :D

then in the night I got 6 from Choupo (he improved from the 5s in the previous rounds :))
and even finally 1 from Makoun who hadn't played so far and got in in the final minutes
although I'll bench him, unless Cuadrado* or Pjanic get a 0
*actually, a TV source is foreseeing that Colombia might let Cuadrado rest on the bench in the final almost moot match...

MoSe
24-06-2014, 07:25:06
# Members R1 R2 1+2 R3d1 Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 94 97 191 39 230
2 Gbr nolers ? ? 184 20 204
3 Gbr Funkodrom 89 74 163 31 194
4 Gbr Matthew32 64 104 168 14 182
5 Ita Fist2014 70 61 131 6 137

Funko
24-06-2014, 08:34:18
you mean you won't give all your efforts in fair play, to give the teams who beat you a chance to take group lead from Crc?

:slaps forehead: football brought itself home!

Let's make it live on in this neverending Fantasy
:cute:

They are giving the players who haven't had a game yet a chance to play.

Fistandantilus
24-06-2014, 10:59:46
Which make me think, did Walcott ever play in a WC?

Funko
24-06-2014, 11:23:29
No. Taken in '06, didn't play. Not taken in '10, injured in '14

MoSe
24-06-2014, 12:19:20
I got 6 from Choupo (he improved from the 5s in the previous rounds :))

what's worrying me for tomorrow is:
should I put in Dzeko or not?
I know, you won't bother to give advise to the league leader :D

I'll have first to check what Gervinho does tonite (Messi plays at the same time with Dzeko being in the same group)
hoping the Ivorian does at least 6p too or better (12 & 11 in previous rounds), I'll have to decide whether Dzeko can realistically improve Choupo 6 pts

he only has 1 shot off target in his record in the ARG game, 1 offside and 2 fouls
also 4 times he sent or brought the ball in the attacking third, but none into the box
indeed he's rather the terminal of his team play, not the builder, and if he doesn't strike, he'll hardly register in some of the other points-bringing items in this game

vs Nigeria I saw him much more active, he had several chances and hit the woodwork too
his stats report 7 attempts, 4 on target.
one of the above 4 ball ths time got into the box, but he also lost 4

the same, in both rounds he just got the bare 3pts for minutes played, no extras whatsoever for all his shots (nor deductions)

he plays last match vs Iran, he might be wiling to profit of this last chance at a WC before going home...
otoh Iran only conceded 1 to Messi at 91', holding Nigeria goalless...
and if Edin doesn't convert in 1st half, the coach might even take him out early to give some replacement striker few minutes at a WC...

dunno, don't wanna bench 6pts and then only get the usual 3 (or less) from him
don't wanna either leave him on the bench the time he might finally score a 15...
:drekkus:

MoSe
25-06-2014, 00:13:28
# Members R1 R2 1+2 R3d1 Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 94 97 191 39 230
2 Gbr nolers ? ? 184 20 204
3 Gbr Funkodrom 89 74 163 31 194
4 Gbr Matthew32 64 104 168 14 182
5 Ita Fist2014 70 61 131 6 137

R3 day2

Ace +30 _ 260
nolers +16 = 220
Funko +2 = 196
Matt +4 = 186
Fist +14 = 151

My score is updated, hope yours are too
albeit in last round matches r evenly distributed 4 x day,
our useful players are unevenly clumped across the groups
at least, hope so for u :)

Funko
25-06-2014, 08:03:36
ARGH match schedule confusion means : Santiago ARIAS
9 Pts on the bench

MoSe
25-06-2014, 11:14:45
OUCH
--------------

TRANSFERS: it says window opens in 1 day 0 hrs
that is, tomorrow, BEFORE last 4 matches are played?
Nonsense, in last 2 groups which team(s) will get eliminated (along with their players from the market) it's still rather uncertain

if values don't change, this might mean less top expensive there to buy
actually, probably just Ronaldo and few others, top Vals mostly play in big teams who mostly get thru
(except Chewy Luis, who should get suspended, last bite he got 10 matches...)
OTOH with no more ALG IRN HON in the markt (and ALL those STILL have remote chances to qualify, Alg a bit more), there'd be 5-6 players costing 2M and the rest >2

first market we had *in theory* up to 85M to spend for 12-13 "starters" (although some bought 23 benchers instead ;))
Now we could have ~70M really avalable for starters, amd less options for "creative" picks (I'll lose for instance Gervinho & Pjanic)
Deeper analisys tomorrow :)

Fistandantilus
25-06-2014, 12:37:59
For the record I had Marchisio as captain :lol:

MoSe
25-06-2014, 16:29:09
Can you take off a player who got a red? :D

in the meanwhile at 3' goal by MY Messi :)
equalized at once by Musa, so Funko lost CS for Romero :cute:
and Dzeko already had a shot parried (good news as I left him on the bench in the end)
his header saved too right now :)

Fistandantilus
25-06-2014, 16:49:30
Can you take off a player who got a red? :D

Yeah, i did it twice already in this WC :D

MoSe
25-06-2014, 16:51:37
Amd he scored :bash:
I'm a faithless coward

Besides, hadn't CIV uselessly scored yesterday, Gervinho w/o the assist w'd have scored just 3, thus I'd have benched HIM & brought in Dzeko...
also, I'd have got +8 for the TWO greek defenders CS

Fistandantilus
25-06-2014, 17:12:06
'uselessly scored ' :lol:

MoSe
25-06-2014, 17:29:39
Well, in the end they lost anyway n got out... :)

meanwhile:
Messi doubled b4 HT
Musa copied him rigjt after
and now Garay for 3-2
any of you in his team?

MoSe
25-06-2014, 17:38:31
Rojo knee, actually
Garay just nodded the assist

PJANIC !!!

\o/\o/\o/

MoSe
25-06-2014, 17:44:46
meh, "red carpet" sub for Leo... could've still added few more pts

in the while Dzeko misses more shots

MoSe
25-06-2014, 18:00:11
Just saw 1pt vanish from Pjanic...
3 fouls? Lost 80% Passes Bonus?
can't see pts details from mobile...

now 12, and Iran just scored, so no +1 midf CS for him

MoSe
25-06-2014, 18:28:07
Messi got 14pts in 63'
Pjanic reached 14 too, w/ 1 less goal :)

Dzeko got subbed 5' from time, ending with 8

I have 97 this round (equal best w/ 2nd) with Lichtsteiner to play in 2 hrs
tomorrow only 3 last options in defence w/ Vert & 2 Alg

Fistandantilus
25-06-2014, 19:16:01
Hasebe got 10 points without a goal or an assist. Impressive.

Walrus Feeder
25-06-2014, 23:54:45
Shaqiri!

MoSe
26-06-2014, 08:40:25
yeah, I had a vague recollection yesterday nite that he might be one of yours... :beer:

MoSe
26-06-2014, 09:04:47
Hasebe got 10 points without a goal or an assist. Impressive.

indeed!

non counting Goals, Assists, and Clean Sheets, positive xtras come from +1 80% bouns (passes for Def & Mid, shots for Frw), Balls into box & recovered (+1 every 2), and Blocked Shots (+2 each)

so Hasebe got +7 from xtras, but how many from blocks alone?
did he contribute in several categories, or just disrupt enemy attempts? :)

in my team I had

Rd1
+5 Pjanic v Arg (total 8, and without blocks)

Rd2
5 saves by Karnezis v Jpn (+CS too :))
+6 by Manolas same game, with 2 blocks (& CS too)
but my best is +8 by Zapata v Civ, total 11 without CS (+6 from 3 blocks & +2 from recovers)

Rd3 so far
+5 Manolas v Civ (mix, no CS)
+5 Iniesta v Aus (mix, but +1 CS & +3 Assist too, total 12 for my captain)

MoSe
26-06-2014, 09:23:03
# Members R1 R2 1+2 R3d1 d2 d3 Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 94 97 191 39 30 43 303
2 Gbr nolers ? ? 184 20 16 57 277
3 Gbr Matthew32 64 104 168 14 4 30 216
4 Gbr Funkodrom 89 74 163 31 2 18 214
5 Ita Fist2014 70 61 131 6 14 18 169

besides having yesterday
14 from Messi (expectable, his top so far anyway)
14 from Pjanic (sum of his pts in previous rds :))

I added an incredible
15 from Lichtsteiner! 1 assist and Clean Sheet, 1 block and +3 from recovers!
total 43 from 3 players
I see nolers got more for the day, with 57 :beer:

MoSe
26-06-2014, 09:39:44
TRANSFERS: it says window opens in 1 day 0 hrs
that is, tomorrow, BEFORE last 4 matches are played?
<omit blather>

now it says ~20hrs
that is tomorrow morning (7am CET)

either I had misread, or they changed it :)
makes more sense now

MoSe
26-06-2014, 09:56:38
AND THEY ADDED THE POINTS IN THE MARKET WINDOW !!

Just the total tho, no detail whatsoever, not even a simple breakdown by round
:(
and you can sort by value, but not by points

for instance Zapata has 20pts in 3 rds, but unless you had him in your squad you don't know that he got 9, 11, then 0 (turn over?)
or that Karnezis with 18 had actually 5, then 12, and finally just 1 as he got out injured

I'll have to profit of the data TODAY, as I figure when the group phase will be over, they'll remove players from eliminated teams
for instance now Iniesta is still there (3+6+12=21), as are Rooney (16) Yaya Tourè (13), Modric (20 for 8M) Pirlo (21) David Silva & Sturridge (both 16)

Ronaldo with Top 10M "Value" (or "cost" :)) got 11 from 2 games, plays 3rd this afternoon, and we "don't know yet" whether he'll still be on the market :D

Fistandantilus
26-06-2014, 10:11:02
so Hasebe got +7 from xtras, but how many from blocks alone?
did he contribute in several categories, or just disrupt enemy attempts? :)

4 points for balls recovered
2 for blocked shots
1 for balls delivered into the penalty area

Anyway, I think my team is beyond repair at this point but I'll try my best with the transfers.

Fistandantilus
26-06-2014, 10:12:31
and you can sort by value, but not by points

Holy shit I was just noticing that..

MoSe
26-06-2014, 10:22:40
4 points for balls recovered

that means 8 or 9 balls recovered!

worth of Gattuso or Desailly :)

Funko
26-06-2014, 10:36:32
OH FFS Koscielny played today and I didn't put him in. SO MANY POINTS ON THE BENCH

Funko
26-06-2014, 10:37:41
ok, I only lost 11

MoSe
26-06-2014, 11:52:33
SO MANY POINTS ON THE BENCH

like so many millions € on the bench in any real Barça, Real Madrid, Spain (or I figure Bayern, Chelsea, etc, too) match

so this Fantasy game is actually very realistic!

MoSe
26-06-2014, 16:29:08
of course the eight teams from Groups G & H have yet to be updated with the Points they'll score in the last matches starting now and tonite

grouped by team, within teams sorted per Value as in the site
due to post char limit, I decided to break it in 3
NAT Pts Pos Val Player

ARG 35 ATT 10 Lionel MESSI
ARG 10 ATT 9 Sergio AGUERO
ARG 13 ATT 8 Gonzalo HIGUAIN
ARG 20 MID 7.5 Angel DI MARIA
ARG 28 MID 7 Javier MASCHERANO
ARG 7 ATT 6 Ezequiel LAVEZZI
ARG 20 DEF 6 Pablo ZABALETA
ARG 21 GK 6 Sergio ROMERO
ARG 27 DEF 5.5 Ezequiel GARAY
ARG 3 MID 5 Lucas BIGLIA
ARG 0 MID 5 Enzo PEREZ
ARG 0 DEF 5 Martin DEMICHELIS
ARG 29 DEF 5 Federico FERNANDEZ
ARG 1 ATT 5 Rodrigo PALACIO
ARG 0 GK 5 Mariano ANDUJAR
ARG 1 MID 4.5 Ricardo ALVAREZ
ARG 4 MID 4.5 Maxi RODRIGUEZ
ARG 19 MID 4.5 Fernando GAGO
ARG 0 DEF 4 Jose Maria BASANTA
ARG 32 DEF 4 Marcos ROJO
ARG 0 MID 4 Augusto FERNANDEZ
ARG 0 GK 4 Agustin ORION
ARG 3 DEF 4 Hugo CAMPAGNARO
BRA 37 ATT 9 NEYMAR
BRA 26 DEF 8.5 Thiago SILVA
BRA 18 ATT 8 FRED
BRA 25 MID 8 OSCAR
BRA 7 ATT 7.5 HULK
BRA 20 DEF 7.5 Dani ALVES
BRA 31 DEF 7.5 DAVID LUIZ
BRA 23 DEF 7.5 MARCELO
BRA 10 MID 7 PAULINHO
BRA 4 MID 6.5 RAMIRES
BRA 26 MID 6.5 LUIZ GUSTAVO
BRA 4 ATT 6 BERNARD
BRA 2 MID 6 WILLIAN
BRA 1 MID 6 HERNANES
BRA 9 MID 6 FERNANDINHO
BRA 0 DEF 5.5 DANTE
BRA 1 ATT 5.5 JO
BRA 18 GK 5.5 JULIO CESAR
BRA 0 DEF 5 MAXWELL
BRA 0 DEF 5 MAICON
BRA 0 GK 5 JEFFERSON
BRA 0 DEF 4.5 HENRIQUE
BRA 0 GK 3 VICTOR
CHI 7 MID 8 Arturo VIDAL
CHI 25 ATT 7.5 Alexis SANCHEZ
CHI 26 DEF 6.5 Gary MEDEL
CHI 20 ATT 6 Eduardo VARGAS
CHI 27 DEF 6 Mauricio ISLA
CHI 10 MID 5.5 Jorge VALDIVIA
CHI 24 GK 5.5 Claudio BRAVO
CHI 15 MID 5.5 Marcelo DIAZ
CHI 24 MID 5 Charles ARANGUIZ
CHI 2 ATT 5 Mauricio PINILLA
CHI 0 ATT 5 Fabian ORELLANA
CHI 8 MID 5 Jean BEAUSEJOUR
CHI 23 DEF 5 Gonzalo JARA
CHI 0 ATT 4.5 Esteban PAREDES
CHI 10 MID 4.5 Felipe GUTIERREZ
CHI 0 MID 4 Jose FUENZALIDA
CHI 0 GK 4 Johnny HERRERA
CHI 0 DEF 4 Jose ROJAS
CHI 0 GK 4 Cristopher TOSELLI
CHI 3 MID 4 Carlos CARMONA
CHI 11 MID 4 Francisco SILVA
CHI 20 DEF 4 Eugenio MENA
CHI 0 DEF 3 Miiko ALBORNOZ
COL 39 MID 8 James RODRIGUEZ
COL 17 ATT 7.5 Jackson MARTINEZ
COL 4 MID 6.5 Fredy GUARIN
COL 17 ATT 6.5 Teofilo GUTIERREZ
COL 30 MID 6 Juan CUADRADO
COL 0 ATT 6 Carlos BACCA
COL 17 DEF 6 Juan ZUNIGA
COL 6 ATT 6 Adrian RAMOS
COL 26 GK 5.5 David OSPINA
COL 11 MID 5.5 Carlos SANCHEZ
COL 27 DEF 5.5 Pablo ARMERO
COL 13 MID 5 Abel AGUILAR
COL 18 DEF 5 Mario YEPES
COL 8 ATT 4.5 Victor IBARBO
COL 0 MID 4.5 Aldo RAMIREZ?
COL 20 DEF 4 Cristian ZAPATA
COL 9 MID 4 Alexander MEJIA
COL 10 MID 4 Juan QUINTERO
COL 2 GK 4 Faryd MONDRAGON
COL 2 MID 3.5 Carlos CARBONERO
COL 0 GK 3.5 Camilo VARGAS
COL 9 DEF 3.5 Carlos VALDES
COL 6 DEF 2 Eder BALANTA
COL 14 DEF 2 Santiago ARIAS
CRC 19 ATT 5.5 Joel CAMPBELL
CRC 15 ATT 5.5 Bryan RUIZ
CRC 24 GK 5 Keylor NAVAS
CRC 19 MID 4.5 Celso BORGES
CRC 21 DEF 4 Michael UMANA
CRC 33 DEF 4 Giancarlo GONZALEZ
CRC 0 DEF 4 Johnny ACOSTA
CRC 2 MID 3.5 Jose CUBERO
CRC 8 ATT 3.5 Marcos URENA
CRC 0 MID 3.5 Diego CALVO
CRC 10 DEF 3.5 Roy MILLER
CRC 32 DEF 3.5 Oscar DUARTE
CRC 13 MID 3.5 Christian BOLANOS
CRC 0 DEF 3.5 Dave MYRIE
CRC 3 MID 3.5 Michael BARRANTES
CRC 21 MID 3.5 Yeltsin TEJEDA
CRC 26 DEF 3.5 Cristian GAMBOA
CRC 4 ATT 3.5 Randall BRENES
CRC 24 DEF 3.5 Junior DIAZ
CRC 0 MID 3 Oscar GRANADOS
CRC 0 DEF 3 Waylon FRANCIS
CRC 0 GK 3 Patrick PEMBERTON
CRC 0 DEF 3 Heiner MORA?
CRC 0 GK 2 Daniel CAMBRONERO
FRA 34 ATT 8.5 Karim BENZEMA
FRA 22 GK 6.5 Hugo LLORIS
FRA 24 MID 6.5 Blaise MATUIDI
FRA 13 MID 6.5 Paul POGBA
FRA 13 DEF 6 Laurent KOSCIELNY
FRA 19 DEF 6 Raphael VARANE
FRA 33 DEF 6 Mamadou SAKHO
FRA 13 MID 6 Yohan CABAYE
FRA 13 ATT 6 Olivier GIROUD
FRA 11 ATT 6 Antoine GRIEZMANN
FRA 0 DEF 5.5 Eliaquim MANGALA
FRA 8 DEF 5.5 Bacary SAGNA
FRA 14 DEF 5.5 Patrice EVRA
FRA 15 DEF 5.5 Mathieu DEBUCHY
FRA 1 ATT 5.5 Loic REMY
FRA 1 MID 5 Antonio MAVUBA
FRA 11 MID 5 Morgan SCHNEIDERLIN
FRA 19 MID 5 Moussa SISSOKO
FRA 0 GK 5 Stephane RUFFIER
FRA 0 ATT 5 Remy CABELLA
FRA 17 MID 5 Mathieu VALBUENA
FRA 12 DEF 4.5 Lucas DIGNE
FRA 0 GK 4 Mickael LANDREAU
GRE 8 ATT 6 Theofanis GEKAS
GRE 19 ATT 6 Georgios SAMARAS
GRE 8 ATT 5.5 Dimitrios SALPINGIDIS
GRE 11 MID 5.5 Georgios KARAGOUNIS
GRE 4 ATT 5.5 Konstantinos MITROGLOU
GRE 22 DEF 5 Sokratis PAPASTATHOPOULOS
GRE 6 MID 5 Konstantinos KATSOURANIS
GRE 0 MID 4.5 Alexandros TZIOLIS
GRE 16 MID 4 Andreas SAMARIS
GRE 19 DEF 4 Vasileios TOROSIDIS
GRE 12 MID 3.5 Panagiotis KONE
GRE 4 MID 3.5 Lazaros CHRISTODOULOPOULOS
GRE 7 ATT 3.5 Ioannis FETFATZIDIS
GRE 0 MID 3.5 Panagiotis TACHTSIDIS
GRE 0 DEF 3 Georgios TZAVELAS
GRE 20 MID 3 Ioannis MANIATIS
GRE 6 GK 3 Panagiotis GLYKOS
GRE 0 GK 3 Stefanos KAPINO
GRE 25 DEF 2.5 Konstantinos MANOLAS
GRE 0 DEF 2.5 Vangelis MORAS
GRE 16 DEF 2.5 Jose CHOLEVAS
GRE 0 DEF 2.4 Loukas VYNTRA
GRE 18 GK 2 Orestis KARNEZIS
MEX 18 ATT 6.5 Oribe PERALTA
MEX 13 ATT 6 Giovani DOS SANTOS
MEX 8 ATT 5.5 Javier HERNANDEZ
MEX 1 MID 5 Carlos PENA
MEX 30 DEF 5 Hector MORENO
MEX 26 MID 5 Hector HERRERA
MEX 39 DEF 5 Rafael MARQUEZ
MEX 0 GK 5 Jose CORONA
MEX 0 DEF 4.5 Diego REYES
MEX 25 DEF 4.5 Miguel LAYUN
MEX 29 DEF 4.5 Andres GUARDADO
MEX 1 ATT 4.5 Raul JIMENEZ
MEX 0 ATT 4.5 Alan PULIDO
MEX 25 GK 4.5 Guillermo OCHOA
MEX 3 MID 4 Marco FABIAN
MEX 21 DEF 4 Paul AGUILAR
MEX 1 DEF 4 Carlos SALCIDO
MEX 27 DEF 4 Francisco RODRIGUEZ
MEX 17 MID 4 Jose VAZQUEZ
MEX 0 GK 4 Alfredo TALAVERA
MEX 0 DEF 3.5 Miguel PONCE
MEX 0 MID 3.5 Isaac BRIZUELA
MEX 0 MID 3 Javier AQUINO
NED 33 ATT 9 Arjen ROBBEN
NED 19 ATT 8.5 Robin VAN PERSIE
NED 15 MID 8 Wesley SNEIJDER
NED 0 ATT 7 Klaas Jan HUNTELAAR
NED 24 MID 6 Nigel DE JONG
NED 0 DEF 6 Paul VERHAEGH
NED 5 ATT 6 Dirk KUYT
NED 21 DEF 5 Ron VLAAR
NED 10 MID 5 Jonathan DE GUZMAN
NED 5 ATT 5 Jeremain LENS
NED 13 DEF 4.5 Bruno MARTINS INDI
NED 0 GK 4 Tim KRUL
NED 16 ATT 4 Memphis DEPAY
NED 6 MID 4 Leroy FER
NED 1 DEF 4 Terence KONGOLO
NED 1 DEF 4 Joel VELTMAN
NED 25 DEF 4 Daryl JANMAAT
NED 24 DEF 4 Daley BLIND
NED 26 DEF 4 Stefan DE VRIJ
NED 0 MID 3.5 Jordy CLASIE
NED 7 MID 3.5 Georginio WIJNALDUM
NED 0 GK 3 Michel VORM
NED 18 GK 3 Jasper CILLESSEN
NGA 16 ATT 6 Emmanuel EMENIKE
NGA 3 ATT 6 Victor MOSES
NGA 33 GK 5 Vincent ENYEAMA
NGA 26 DEF 5 Efe AMBROSE
NGA 18 MID 5 John Obi MIKEL
NGA 24 MID 5 Ogenyi ONAZI
NGA 24 DEF 4.5 Joseph YOBO
NGA 23 ATT 4.5 Ahmed MUSA
NGA 16 ATT 4.5 Peter ODEMWINGIE
NGA 1 DEF 4.5 Godfrey OBOABONA
NGA 5 MID 4.5 Ramon AZEEZ
NGA 2 ATT 4.5 Okechukwu UCHEBO
NGA 4 ATT 4.5 Shola AMEOBI
NGA 31 DEF 4 Kenneth OMERUO
NGA 11 ATT 4 Michael BABATUNDE
NGA 0 GK 4 Austine EJIDE
NGA 25 DEF 4 Juwon OSHANIWA
NGA 0 DEF 4 Azubuike EGWUEKWE
NGA 1 MID 3.5 Ejike UZOENYI
NGA 0 MID 3.5 Ruben GABRIEL
NGA 0 DEF 3.5 Ebenezer ODUNLAMI
NGA 1 ATT 3.5 Uche NWOFOR
NGA 0 GK 3.5 Chigozie AGBIM
SUI 31 MID 7 Xherdan SHAQIRI
SUI 14 ATT 6.5 Josip DRMIC
SUI 17 MID 6 Valon BEHRAMI
SUI 17 MID 6 Granit XHAKA
SUI 24 MID 6 Gokhan INLER
SUI 2 MID 5.5 Valentin STOCKER
SUI 32 DEF 5.5 Ricardo RODRIGUEZ
SUI 0 MID 5.5 Tranquillo BARNETTA
SUI 23 DEF 5.5 Stephan LICHTSTEINER
SUI 30 GK 5.5 Diego BENAGLIO
SUI 6 DEF 5 Philippe SENDEROS
SUI 21 ATT 5 Admir MEHMEDI
SUI 9 DEF 5 Fabian SCHAER
SUI 27 DEF 4.5 Johan DJOUROU
SUI 5 DEF 4 Steve VON BERGEN
SUI 1 DEF 4 Michael LANG
SUI 0 GK 4 Yann SOMMER
SUI 0 MID 3.5 Gelson FERNANDES
SUI 10 ATT 3.5 Haris SEFEROVIC
SUI 0 DEF 3.5 Reto ZIEGLER
SUI 9 MID 3 Blerim DZEMAILI
SUI 0 ATT 3 Mario GAVRANOVIC
SUI 0 GK 3 Roman BUERKI
URU 18 ATT 9.5 Luis SUAREZ
URU 17 ATT 8.5 Edinson CAVANI
URU 2 ATT 7 Diego FORLAN
URU 18 GK 6 Fernando MUSLERA
URU 30 DEF 6 Diego GODIN
URU 13 MID 6 Cristian RODRIGUEZ
URU 19 DEF 6 Martin CACERES
URU 2 DEF 5.5 Diego LUGANO
URU 6 ATT 5.5 Cristhian STUANI
URU 19 MID 5.5 Egidio AREVALO
URU 11 MID 5 Alvaro GONZALEZ
URU 4 MID 5 Gaston RAMIREZ
URU 5 DEF 5 Maximiliano PEREIRA
URU 0 MID 5 Diego PEREZ
URU 11 MID 5 Nicolas LODEIRO
URU 1 DEF 5 Jorge FUCILE
URU 0 GK 4 Martin SILVA
URU 3 DEF 4 Sebastian COATES
URU 1 ATT 4 Abel HERNANDEZ
URU 9 MID 4 Alvaro PEREIRA
URU 1 MID 4 Walter GARGANO
URU 0 GK 3 Rodrigo MUNOZ
URU 19 DEF 3 Jose GIMENEZ

MoSe
26-06-2014, 16:31:07
grouped by team, within teams sorted per Value as in the site
NAT Pts Pos Val Player

AUS 12 ATT 5.5 Tim CAHILL
AUS 8 MID 5 Mark BRESCIANO
AUS 17 GK 4.5 Maty RYAN
AUS 20 MID 4.5 Mile JEDINAK
AUS 7 MID 4 Mark MILLIGAN
AUS 11 MID 4 Tommy OAR
AUS 5 ATT 3.5 Ben HALLORAN
AUS 18 ATT 3.5 Mathew LECKIE
AUS 19 DEF 3.5 Matthew SPIRANOVIC
AUS 21 DEF 3.5 Jason DAVIDSON
AUS 0 GK 3.5 Mitch LANGERAK
AUS 7 DEF 3.5 Ivan FRANJIC
AUS 4 MID 3.5 James TROISI
AUS 0 MID 3.5 James HOLLAND
AUS 13 MID 3 Matt McKAY
AUS 15 DEF 3 Ryan McGOWAN
AUS 0 MID 3 Dario VIDOSIC
AUS 0 DEF 3 Bailey WRIGHT
AUS 3 ATT 3 Adam TAGGART
AUS 16 DEF 2.5 Alex WILKINSON
AUS 0 GK 2.5 Eugen GALEKOVIC
AUS 6 MID 2.5 Oliver BOZANIC
AUS 0 MID 2.5 Massimo LUONGO
BIH 14 ATT 7 Edin DZEKO
BIH 11 ATT 6.5 Vedad IBISEVIC
BIH 28 MID 6 Miralem PJANIC
BIH 7 MID 5.5 Sejad SALIHOVIC
BIH 7 MID 5.5 Zvjezdan MISIMOVIC
BIH 31 DEF 5.5 Emir SPAHIC
BIH 21 GK 5.5 Asmir BEGOVIC
BIH 5 DEF 4.5 Ermin BICAKCIC
BIH 7 MID 4 Haris MEDUNJANIN
BIH 0 MID 4 Senijad IBRICIC
BIH 13 MID 4 Senad LULIC
BIH 18 DEF 4 Toni SUNJIC
BIH 12 MID 4 Mensur MUJDZA
BIH 18 MID 4 Muhamed BESIC
BIH 11 DEF 4 Sead KOLASINAC
BIH 7 MID 4 Izet HAJROVIC
BIH 3 MID 4 Anel HADZIC
BIH 2 ATT 3.5 Edin VISCA
BIH 2 DEF 3.5 Ognjen VRANJES
BIH 11 MID 3.5 Avdija VRSAJEVIC
BIH 0 GK 3 Asmir AVDUKIC
BIH 0 GK 3 Jasmin FEJZIC
BIH 12 MID 3 Tino Sven SUSIC
CMR 3 ATT 5.5 Samuel ETOO
CMR 24 DEF 5 Nicolas NKOULOU
CMR 6 MID 5 Alexandre SONG
CMR 10 DEF 4.5 Aurelien CHEDJOU
CMR 14 MID 4.5 Stephane MBIA
CMR 12 DEF 4 Benoit ASSOU EKOTTO
CMR 7 ATT 4 Vincent ABOUBAKAR
CMR 1 MID 4 Jean MAKOUN
CMR 5 DEF 4 Henri BEDIMO
CMR 16 ATT 4 Eric CHOUPO MOTING
CMR 3 ATT 4 Pierre WEBO
CMR 11 MID 4 Eyong ENOH
CMR 18 MID 4 Joel MATIP
CMR 2 MID 3.5 Edgar SALLI
CMR 0 ATT 3.5 Fabrice OLINGA
CMR 13 ATT 3.5 Benjamin MOUKANDJO
CMR 6 MID 3.5 Landry NGUEMO
CMR 5 DEF 3.5 Dany NOUNKEU
CMR 20 GK 3 Charles ITANDJE
CMR 0 GK 2.5 Sammy NDJOCK
CMR 11 DEF 2.5 Allan NYOM
CMR 0 GK 2 Loic FEUDJOU
CMR 3 DEF 2 Cedric DJEUGOUE
CIV 13 MID 8.5 Yaya TOURE
CIV 5 ATT 7 Didier DROGBA
CIV 16 ATT 6.5 Wilfried BONY
CIV 30 ATT 6.5 GERVINHO
CIV 6 ATT 6 Salomon KALOU
CIV 9 DEF 5.5 Didier ZOKORA
CIV 20 MID 5.5 Ismael TIOTE
CIV 25 DEF 5 Serge AURIER
CIV 5 MID 5 Max GRADEL
CIV 1 MID 5 Konan YA
CIV 4 DEF 5 Kolo TOURE
CIV 11 DEF 5 Arthur BOKA
CIV 0 ATT 4.5 Giovanni SIO
CIV 15 DEF 4 Souleymane BAMBA
CIV 1 DEF 4 Constant DJAKPA
CIV 15 GK 4 Boubacar BARRY
CIV 18 MID 3.5 Die SEREY
CIV 0 DEF 3 Ousmane DIARRASSOUBA
CIV 1 MID 3 Mathis BOLLY
CIV 1 MID 3 Ismael DIOMANDE
CIV 0 DEF 2.5 Jean Daniel AKPA
CIV 0 GK 2 Sylvain GBOHOUO
CIV 0 GK 2 Sayouba MANDE
CRO 20 MID 8 Luka MODRIC
CRO 16 ATT 7.5 Mario MANDZUKIC
CRO 30 MID 7.5 Ivan RAKITIC
CRO 9 MID 6.5 Mateo KOVACIC
CRO 17 ATT 6.5 Ivica OLIC
CRO 24 MID 6.5 Ivan PERISIC
CRO 16 DEF 6 Danijel PRANJIC
CRO 19 DEF 5.5 Darijo SRNA
CRO 5 ATT 5.5 Nikica JELAVIC
CRO 19 DEF 5.5 Dejan LOVREN
CRO 31 DEF 5.5 Vedran CORLUKA
CRO 16 GK 5.5 Stipe PLETIKOSA
CRO 2 MID 5 Marcelo BROZOVIC
CRO 0 DEF 5 Domagoj VIDA
CRO 0 ATT 5 EDUARDO
CRO 0 MID 4.5 Ivan MOCINIC?
CRO 4 MID 4.5 SAMMIR
CRO 0 ATT 4.5 Ante REBIC
CRO 0 MID 4.5 Milan BADELJ
CRO 0 DEF 4.5 Gordon SCHILDENFELD
CRO 0 MID 4.5 Ognjen VUKOJEVIC
CRO 11 DEF 4 Sime VRSALJKO
CRO 0 GK 4 Oliver ZELENIKA
CRO 0 GK 4 Danijel SUBASIC
ECU 4 MID 7.5 Antonio VALENCIA
ECU 9 ATT 7 Felipe CAICEDO
ECU 26 MID 5.5 Cristhian NOBOA
ECU 10 MID 5.5 Jefferson MONTERO
ECU 25 ATT 5 Enner VALENCIA
ECU 0 MID 5 Segundo CASTILLO?
ECU 18 DEF 4.5 Jorge GUAGUA
ECU 25 DEF 4.5 Frickson ERAZO
ECU 27 DEF 4.5 Juan PAREDES
ECU 3 MID 4.5 Alex IBARRA
ECU 28 MID 4.5 Walter AYOVI
ECU 0 MID 4.5 Luis SARITAMA
ECU 30 GK 4.5 Alexander DOMINGUEZ
ECU 1 MID 4 Edison MENDEZ
ECU 7 MID 4 Carlos GRUEZO
ECU 1 ATT 4 Joao ROJAS
ECU 0 MID 4 Fidel MARTINEZ
ECU 22 MID 4 Oswaldo MINDA
ECU 0 ATT 4 Jaimen AYOVI
ECU 2 DEF 3.5 Gabriel ACHILIER
ECU 0 GK 3 Maximo BANGUERA
ECU 0 DEF 3 Oscar BAGUI
ECU 7 MID 3 Michael ARROYO
ECU 0 GK 2 Adrian BONE
ENG 16 ATT 8.5 Wayne ROONEY
ENG 16 ATT 8 Daniel STURRIDGE
ENG 15 MID 7.5 Steven GERRARD
ENG 4 MID 7 Raheem STERLING
ENG 9 MID 7 Jack WILSHERE
ENG 9 MID 7 Frank LAMPARD
ENG 12 MID 6.5 Jordan HENDERSON
ENG 8 GK 6.5 Joe HART
ENG 10 DEF 6 Glen JOHNSON
ENG 10 DEF 6 Leighton BAINES
ENG 24 DEF 6 Gary CAHILL
ENG 7 ATT 6 Danny WELBECK
ENG 0 MID 6 Alex OXLADE CHAMBERLAIN
ENG 7 MID 6 James MILNER
ENG 1 ATT 6 Rickie LAMBERT
ENG 8 MID 6 Adam LALLANA
ENG 5 MID 5.5 Ross BARKLEY
ENG 14 DEF 5.5 Phil JAGIELKA
ENG 10 DEF 5 Luke SHAW
ENG 9 DEF 4 Chris SMALLING
ENG 10 DEF 4 Phil JONES
ENG 9 GK 3.5 Ben FOSTER
ENG 0 GK 3.5 Fraser FORSTER
HON 17 MID 3.5 Roger ESPINOZA
HON 4 MID 3.5 Wilson PALACIOS
HON 8 MID 3.5 Emilio IZAGUIRRE
HON 18 DEF 3 Maynor FIGUEROA
HON 13 DEF 3 Victor BERNARDEZ
HON 9 ATT 3 Jerry BENGTSON
HON 12 ATT 3 Carlo COSTLY
HON 15 GK 3 Noel VALLADARES
HON 8 DEF 2.5 Juan Carlos GARCIA
HON 1 MID 2.5 Mario MARTINEZ
HON 15 MID 2.5 Luis GARRIDO
HON 3 MID 2.5 Andy NAJAR
HON 10 MID 2.5 Boniek GARCIA
HON 18 MID 2 Jorge CLAROS
HON 20 DEF 2 Brayan BECKELES
HON 3 MID 2 Marvin CHAVEZ
HON 7 DEF 2 Osman CHAVEZ
HON 0 DEF 1.5 Juan MONTES
HON 0 GK 1.5 Luis LOPEZ
HON 1 MID 1.5 Jerry PALACIOS
HON 0 MID 1.5 Edder DELGADO
HON 0 GK 1.5 Donis ESCOBER
HON 0 ATT 1.5 Rony MARTINEZ
IRN 23 MID 5 Javad NEKOUNAM
IRN 16 ATT 4 Ashkan DEJAGAH
IRN 14 ATT 4 Reza GHOOCHANNEJAD
IRN 16 MID 4 Andranik TIMOTIAN
IRN 0 GK 3.5 Daniel DAVARI
IRN 0 ATT 2.5 Karim ANSARI FARD
IRN 3 ATT 2 Alireza JAHAN BAKHSH
IRN 0 DEF 2 Steven BEITASHOUR
IRN 19 DEF 2 Jalal HOSSEINI
IRN 16 MID 2 Ehsan HAJI SAFI
IRN 1 MID 2 Reza HAGHIGHI
IRN 0 MID 1.5 Ghasem HADADIFAR
IRN 22 DEF 1.5 Mehrdad POOLADI
IRN 7 ATT 1.5 Masoud SHOJAEI
IRN 25 DEF 1.5 Amirhossein SADEGHI
IRN 0 DEF 1.5 Ahmad ALNAMEH
IRN 0 MID 1 Bakhtiar RAHMANI
IRN 23 DEF 1 Pejman MONTAZERI
IRN 0 MID 1 Hashem BEIKZADEH
IRN 0 DEF 1 Hossein MAHINI
IRN 24 GK 1 Alireza HAGHIGHI
IRN 8 ATT 1 Khosro HEYDARI
IRN 0 GK 1 Rahman AHMADI
ITA 21 MID 8 Andrea PIRLO
ITA 9 ATT 7.5 Mario BALOTELLI
ITA 14 GK 7 Gianluigi BUFFON
ITA 15 MID 6.5 Daniele DE ROSSI
ITA 25 DEF 6.5 Giorgio CHIELLINI
ITA 8 MID 6.5 Thiago MOTTA
ITA 10 MID 6 Claudio MARCHISIO
ITA 24 DEF 6 Andrea BARZAGLI
ITA 4 ATT 6 Ciro IMMOBILE
ITA 4 ATT 6 Antonio CASSANO
ITA 16 MID 6 Marco VERRATTI
ITA 9 MID 5.5 Antonio CANDREVA
ITA 1 ATT 5.5 Alessio CERCI
ITA 7 GK 5.5 Salvatore SIRIGU
ITA 4 ATT 5.5 Lorenzo INSIGNE
ITA 8 DEF 5.5 Leonardo BONUCCI
ITA 5 DEF 5 Gabriel PALETTA
ITA 0 MID 5 Alberto AQUILANI
ITA 5 DEF 5 Mattia DE SCIGLIO
ITA 4 DEF 5 Ignazio ABATE
ITA 5 MID 4.5 Marco PAROLO
ITA 0 GK 4.5 Mattia PERIN
ITA 14 DEF 4.5 Matteo DARMIAN
JPN 13 ATT 6.5 Shinji KAGAWA
JPN 23 ATT 6.5 Keisuke HONDA
JPN 21 DEF 5.5 Atsuto UCHIDA
JPN 14 ATT 5.5 Shinji OKAZAKI
JPN 16 MID 5 Makoto HASEBE
JPN 1 ATT 5 Hiroshi KIYOTAKE
JPN 20 DEF 5 Yuto NAGATOMO
JPN 24 DEF 4.5 Maya YOSHIDA
JPN 2 ATT 4.5 Yoichiro KAKITANI
JPN 18 GK 4.5 Eiji KAWASHIMA
JPN 0 DEF 4 Masahiko INOHA
JPN 0 ATT 4 Manabu SAITO
JPN 6 MID 4 Yasuhito ENDO
JPN 16 MID 3.5 Hotaru YAMAGUCHI
JPN 4 ATT 3.5 Yuya OSAKO
JPN 4 DEF 3.5 Masato MORISHIGE
JPN 0 DEF 3 Gotoku SAKAI
JPN 0 GK 3 Shusaku NISHIKAWA
JPN 6 ATT 3 Yoshito OKUBO
JPN 6 MID 3 Toshihiro AOYAMA
JPN 0 DEF 3 Hiroki SAKAI
JPN 0 GK 2.5 Shuichi GONDA
JPN 14 DEF 2.5 Yasuyuki KONNO
ESP 21 MID 8.5 Andres INIESTA
ESP 16 MID 8 David SILVA
ESP 9 GK 7.5 Iker CASILLAS
ESP 6 ATT 7.5 Diego COSTA
ESP 6 MID 7.5 Cesc FABREGAS
ESP 7 MID 7 Xavi HERNANDEZ
ESP 21 MID 7 Xabi ALONSO
ESP 24 DEF 7 Sergio RAMOS
ESP 4 DEF 7 Gerard PIQUE
ESP 6 MID 6.5 Javi MARTINEZ
ESP 11 ATT 6.5 Fernando TORRES
ESP 5 ATT 6.5 Pedro RODRIGUEZ
ESP 11 MID 6.5 Sergio BUSQUETS
ESP 25 DEF 6.5 Jordi ALBA
ESP 8 ATT 6.5 Juan MATA
ESP 10 ATT 6 David VILLA
ESP 0 GK 5.5 David DE GEA
ESP 10 DEF 5.5 Raul ALBIOL
ESP 13 DEF 5.5 JUANFRAN
ESP 7 GK 5.5 Pepe REINA
ESP 10 MID 5.5 Cesar AZPILICUETA
ESP 8 MID 5.5 Santi CAZORLA
ESP 13 MID 5 KOKE

MoSe
26-06-2014, 16:35:54
here the eight teams from Groups G & H
the points shown are from first two matches only
NAT Pts Pos Val Player

ALG 4 DEF 4.5 Faouzi GHOULAM
ALG 17 ATT 4.5 Sofiane FEGHOULI
ALG 4 MID 4.5 Saphir TAIDER
ALG 4 ATT 3.5 El Arabi SOUDANI
ALG 9 MID 3.5 Yacine BRAHIMI
ALG 2 ATT 2.5 Nabil GHILAS
ALG 3 MID 2 Mehdi MOSTEFA
ALG 14 ATT 2 Islam SLIMANI
ALG 5 DEF 2 Aissa MANDI
ALG 0 MID 2 Hassan YEBDA
ALG 8 DEF 2 Madjid BOUGUERRA
ALG 2 MID 1.5 Medhi LACEN
ALG 8 DEF 1.5 Carl MEDJANI
ALG 4 ATT 1.5 Riyad MAHREZ
ALG 0 DEF 1 Liassine CADAMURO
ALG 14 ATT 1 Abdelmoumene DJABOU
ALG 0 GK 1 Mohamed ZEMMAMOUCHE
ALG 11 MID 1 Nabil BENTALEB
ALG 12 GK 1 Rais MBOLHI
ALG 4 DEF 1 Djamel MESBAH
ALG 14 DEF 1 Rafik HALLICHE
ALG 1 DEF 1 Esseid BELKALEM
ALG 0 GK 1 Cedric SI MOHAMMED
BEL 15 MID 8 Eden HAZARD
BEL 13 GK 7.5 Thibaut COURTOIS
BEL 19 DEF 7 Vincent KOMPANY
BEL 11 MID 6 Axel WITSEL
BEL 12 MID 6 Marouane FELLAINI
BEL 5 ATT 6 Romelu LUKAKU
BEL 13 MID 6 Dries MERTENS
BEL 2 MID 5.5 Nacer CHADLI
BEL 0 MID 5.5 Adnan JANUZAJ
BEL 5 MID 5.5 Moussa DEMBELE
BEL 2 ATT 5.5 Kevin MIRALLAS
BEL 12 MID 5.5 Kevin DE BRUYNE
BEL 5 DEF 5.5 Jan VERTONGHEN
BEL 3 DEF 5.5 Thomas VERMAELEN
BEL 15 DEF 5 Toby ALDERWEIRELD
BEL 0 GK 5 Simon MIGNOLET
BEL 0 GK 5 Sammy BOSSUT
BEL 0 MID 5 Steven DEFOUR
BEL 0 DEF 5 Nicolas LOMBAERTS
BEL 11 ATT 4.5 Divock ORIGI
BEL 21 DEF 4.5 Daniel VAN BUYTEN
BEL 0 DEF 4 Anthony VANDEN BORRE
BEL 0 DEF 4 Laurent CIMAN
GER 8 MID 8 Mesut OEZIL
GER 27 ATT 8 Thomas MUELLER
GER 1 ATT 7.5 Lukas PODOLSKI
GER 13 ATT 7.5 Mario GOETZE
GER 2 MID 7.5 Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER
GER 19 MID 7 Toni KROOS
GER 17 MID 7 Philipp LAHM
GER 18 GK 7 Manuel NEUER
GER 6 ATT 7 Miroslav KLOSE
GER 27 DEF 7 Mats HUMMELS
GER 10 MID 6.5 Sami KHEDIRA
GER 1 ATT 6.5 Andre SCHUERRLE
GER 0 MID 6.5 Julian DRAXLER
GER 19 DEF 6.5 Per MERTESACKER
GER 17 DEF 6 Jerome BOATENG
GER 19 DEF 6 Benedikt HOEWEDES
GER 3 DEF 5 Shkodran MUSTAFI
GER 0 GK 5 Roman WEIDENFELLER
GER 0 DEF 5 Kevin GROSSKREUTZ
GER 0 MID 4.5 Christoph KRAMER
GER 0 DEF 4.5 Erik DURM
GER 0 DEF 4.5 Matthias GINTER
GER 0 GK 3 Ron-Robert ZIELER
GHA 18 MID 6 Kwadwo ASAMOAH
GHA 11 MID 5.5 Sulley MUNTARI
GHA 4 ATT 5.5 Kevin Prince BOATENG
GHA 2 MID 5.5 Michael ESSIEN
GHA 14 ATT 5.5 Asamoah GYAN
GHA 8 MID 5 Christian ATSU
GHA 1 MID 5 Emmanuel BADU
GHA 19 MID 5 Andre AYEW
GHA 1 MID 5 Mubarak WAKASO
GHA 7 ATT 4.5 Jordan AYEW
GHA 0 ATT 4.5 Majeed WARIS
GHA 15 DEF 4 Jonathan MENSAH
GHA 0 MID 4 Acquah AFRIYIE
GHA 6 DEF 4 Daniel OPARE
GHA 0 DEF 4 Samuel INKOOM
GHA 6 MID 3.5 Mohammed RABIU
GHA 15 DEF 3.5 John BOYE
GHA 11 DEF 3.5 Harrison AFFUL
GHA 1 MID 3 Albert ADOMAH
GHA 6 GK 3 Adam KWARASEY
GHA 0 GK 3 Stephen ADAMS
GHA 0 DEF 2.5 Rashid SUMAILA
GHA 4 GK 2 Fatawu DAUDA
KOR 13 MID 6 SON Heungmin
KOR 14 ATT 6 KOO Jacheol
KOR 1 MID 5.5 JI Dongwon
KOR 13 MID 5.5 LEE Chungyong
KOR 18 MID 5.5 KI Sungyueng
KOR 0 DEF 5 KWAK Taehwi
KOR 20 DEF 5 KIM Younggwon
KOR 1 MID 5 KIM Bokyung
KOR 12 ATT 5 LEE Keunho
KOR 2 ATT 4.5 KIM Shinwook
KOR 0 DEF 4.5 PARK Jooho
KOR 9 GK 4 JUNG Sungryong
KOR 0 DEF 4 KIM Changsoo
KOR 1 DEF 4 HWANG Seokho
KOR 0 MID 4 HA Daesung
KOR 5 ATT 4 PARK Chuyoung
KOR 12 DEF 4 LEE Yong
KOR 12 DEF 4 HONG Jeongho
KOR 11 DEF 3.5 YUN Sukyoung
KOR 0 MID 3.5 PARK Jongwoo
KOR 0 GK 3.5 KIM Seunggyu
KOR 0 GK 3 LEE Bumyoung
KOR 13 MID 3 HAN Kookyoung
POR 11 ATT 10 CRISTIANO RONALDO
POR 14 ATT 7.5 NANI
POR 14 MID 7 Joao MOUTINHO
POR 2 DEF 6.5 PEPE
POR 14 DEF 6 Bruno ALVES
POR 14 MID 6 Miguel VELOSO
POR 5 DEF 6 Fabio COENTRAO
POR 3 GK 6 Rui PATRICIO
POR 11 MID 5.5 Raul MEIRELES
POR 0 GK 5 EDUARDO
POR 4 GK 5 BETO
POR 4 DEF 5 Joao PEREIRA
POR 1 ATT 4.5 Helder POSTIGA
POR 1 ATT 4.5 Hugo ALMEIDA
POR 5 MID 4.5 WILLIAM
POR 0 MID 4 Ruben AMORIM
POR 7 ATT 4 VARELA
POR 0 DEF 4 Luis NETO
POR 14 DEF 4 Ricardo COSTA
POR 8 ATT 3.5 EDER
POR 0 ATT 3.5 VIEIRINHA
POR 8 DEF 2.5 Andre ALMEIDA
POR 0 ATT 2.5 RAFA
RUS 7 ATT 6.5 Aleksandr KERZHAKOV
RUS 0 MID 6 Roman SHIROKOV?
RUS 4 ATT 6 Yury ZHIRKOV
RUS 11 GK 6 Igor AKINFEEV
RUS 19 DEF 5.5 Sergey IGNASHEVICH
RUS 19 DEF 5.5 Vasily BEREZUTSKIY
RUS 12 MID 4.5 Victor FAYZULIN
RUS 11 ATT 4.5 Alexander SAMEDOV
RUS 4 MID 4.5 Alan DZAGOEV
RUS 5 ATT 4.5 Alexander KOKORIN
RUS 7 MID 4.5 Denis GLUSHAKOV
RUS 3 MID 4.5 Igor DENISOV
RUS 4 DEF 4.5 Aleksei KOZLOV
RUS 13 DEF 4 Dmitry KOMBAROV
RUS 12 DEF 4 Andrey ESHCHENKO
RUS 8 MID 4 Oleg SHATOV
RUS 6 ATT 3.5 Maksim KANUNNIKOV
RUS 0 DEF 3.5 Vladimir GRANAT
RUS 0 DEF 3.5 Andrey SEMENOV
RUS 0 DEF 3 Georgy SHCHENNIKOV
RUS 0 GK 3 Yury LODYGIN
RUS 0 GK 3 Sergey RYZHIKOV
RUS 0 ATT 3 Alexey IONOV
RUS 0 MID 2.5 Pavel MOGILEVETC
USA 9 MID 6.5 Michael BRADLEY
USA 18 ATT 6.5 Clint DEMPSEY
USA 1 ATT 6 Jozy ALTIDORE
USA 12 GK 6 Tim HOWARD
USA 10 MID 5.5 Graham ZUSI
USA 1 DEF 5 Omar GONZALEZ
USA 18 DEF 5 Geoff CAMERON
USA 11 MID 4.5 Jermaine JONES
USA 0 GK 4.5 Brad GUZAN
USA 4 ATT 4.5 Aron JOHANNSSON
USA 13 DEF 4.5 DaMarcus BEASLEY
USA 15 DEF 4.5 Matt BESLER
USA 0 MID 4 Mix DISKERUD
USA 11 MID 4 Kyle BECKERMAN
USA 1 ATT 4 Chris WONDOLOWSKI
USA 7 DEF 3.5 Fabian JOHNSON
USA 0 MID 3.5 Julian GREEN
USA 0 MID 3 Brad DAVIS
USA 0 DEF 3 Timmy CHANDLER
USA 6 MID 2.5 Alejandro BEDOYA
USA 1 DEF 2.5 DeAndre YEDLIN
USA 10 DEF 2 John BROOKS
USA 0 GK 2 Nick RIMANDO

MoSe
26-06-2014, 16:38:13
a few players with name ending in ? are in the DB but got withdrawn and replaced before the WC started

MoSe
26-06-2014, 16:51:04
for Round 3

I scored so far a 112pts record
I've 11 players on the pitch already, but still have 3 to eventually field
- BEL Vertonghen vs KOR
- ALG Bouguerra & Medjani vs RUS
all playing in 4 hours, not now

remembering what happened with Vertonghen last round, I'll wait till the lineups are out :)

I have Makoun on the pitch, I'll have to drop his 1pt to bring in one of the above (switching from 3-4-3 to 4-3-3 as usual)
albeit he didn't fare well so far, I guess Vertonghen has still much more chances for a CS vs KOR, than the two ALG vs RUS
despite RUS only scored 1 vs KOR so far, they must indeed win to qualify; also, ALG defense already conceded 2 vs KOR....

next lowest currently on the pitch are Def Torosidis and Frw Choupo with 6
for the above reason, I doubt I need to take the risk to tak'em out to bring in either or both Algerian defenders... :D

MoSe
26-06-2014, 17:29:25
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=ghana-pair-suspended-and-sent-home-2386284.html

useful news in the remote case GHA manage to qualify
otoh the only other italian here is an Inter fan so I doubt he'd have eyed any (former) Milan player ;)

MoSe
26-06-2014, 17:42:09
also, this other "player" (?) will be uneligible (or, in case they still let you pick it, to be rabidly avoided)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014/m=6/news=ghana-pair-suspended-and-sent-home-2386284.html

Dani Alves bit a ban-ana
Chewy Louie just bites a ban

9 official matches (with his national team that is) starting with COL-URU roud of 16 (COL to win 10-0?)
plus a 4 months time ban from any kind of football-related activity
till end of October, this should mean 9 EPL, 2 UCL and 1 League Cup matches

MoSe
26-06-2014, 18:09:20
I wonder why they show the suspended or otherwise unavailable players with small dots in the lineups (also those at suspension risk) only after a game has started, and not in the squad list few hours before the game
...considering that such information is available wide in advance, and not just berfore a game starts

MoSe
26-06-2014, 18:13:45
Ronaldo with Top 10M "Value" (or "cost" :)) got 11 from 2 games, plays 3rd this afternoon, and we "don't know yet" whether he'll still be on the market :D

he scored and won, but went out anyway

Walrus Feeder
27-06-2014, 00:56:28
Again a bit of chopping and changing worked out with my squad and patience paid off with Shaqiri and Vertongen:

Barry 4

Vertonghen 15
D. Alves 7
B. Alves 7 x 2 as captain
Halliche 7
Montazeri 6

Shaqiri 20
Bentaleb 8
Di Maria 7
Fazyulin 6

Slimani 9

Total for round: 104 pts

MoSe
27-06-2014, 07:25:50
# Members d1 d2 d3 d4 R3
1 Ita MasquerAce 39 30 43 14 126
2 Gbr nolers 20 16 57 17 110
3 Gbr Matthew32 14 4 30 55 103
4 Gbr Funkodrom 31 2 18 11 62
5 Ita Fist2014 6 14 18 21 59

Note: these were the running totals. for instance, in day 4 I got 15 from Vertonghen, but dropped 1p benching Makoun, so 14p

MoSe
27-06-2014, 07:35:37
# Members R1 R2 1+2 R3 Points
1 Ita MasquerAce 94 97 191 126 317
2 Gbr nolers ? ? 184 110 294
3 Gbr Matthew32 64 104 168 103 271
4 Gbr Funkodrom 89 74 163 62 225
5 Ita Fist2014 70 61 131 59 190

curiousity:
top table getting better, and bottom table getting worse, round by round :)
proof the universe is expanding! ;)

too bad Matt for your 1st round
had you started in line with the performances you kept in following rounds, you'd be in contention!

MoSe
27-06-2014, 07:57:14
up for grabs :lol:

Fistandantilus
27-06-2014, 08:12:14
curiousity:
top table getting better, and bottom table getting worse, round by round :)
proof the universe is expanding! ;)

Proof that the inability to make transfers between rounds hurts a lot...
If you have a bad team you're stuck with it for too long. And now player pool gets smaller and smaller, later rounds as usual are less interesting :(

MoSe
27-06-2014, 08:22:29
scores update for the eight teams who played yesterday
NAT Pts Pos Val Player

ALG 4 DEF 4.5 Faouzi GHOULAM
ALG 22 ATT 4.5 Sofiane FEGHOULI
ALG 4 MID 4.5 Saphir TAIDER
ALG 5 ATT 3.5 El Arabi SOUDANI
ALG 16 MID 3.5 Yacine BRAHIMI
ALG 3 ATT 2.5 Nabil GHILAS
ALG 3 MID 2 Mehdi MOSTEFA
ALG 23 ATT 2 Islam SLIMANI
ALG 11 DEF 2 Aissa MANDI
ALG 1 MID 2 Hassan YEBDA
ALG 8 DEF 2 Madjid BOUGUERRA
ALG 2 MID 1.5 Medhi LACEN
ALG 13 DEF 1.5 Carl MEDJANI
ALG 4 ATT 1.5 Riyad MAHREZ
ALG -1 DEF 1 Liassine CADAMURO
ALG 19 ATT 1 Abdelmoumene DJABOU
ALG 0 GK 1 Mohamed ZEMMAMOUCHE
ALG 19 MID 1 Nabil BENTALEB
ALG 19 GK 1 Rais MBOLHI
ALG 8 DEF 1 Djamel MESBAH
ALG 21 DEF 1 Rafik HALLICHE
ALG 9 DEF 1 Esseid BELKALEM
ALG 0 GK 1 Cedric SI MOHAMMED
BEL 16 MID 8 Eden HAZARD
BEL 27 GK 7.5 Thibaut COURTOIS
BEL 19 DEF 7 Vincent KOMPANY
BEL 11 MID 6 Axel WITSEL
BEL 17 MID 6 Marouane FELLAINI
BEL 5 ATT 6 Romelu LUKAKU
BEL 17 MID 6 Dries MERTENS
BEL 4 MID 5.5 Nacer CHADLI
BEL 2 MID 5.5 Adnan JANUZAJ
BEL 13 MID 5.5 Moussa DEMBELE
BEL 7 ATT 5.5 Kevin MIRALLAS
BEL 12 MID 5.5 Kevin DE BRUYNE
BEL 20 DEF 5.5 Jan VERTONGHEN
BEL 3 DEF 5.5 Thomas VERMAELEN
BEL 15 DEF 5 Toby ALDERWEIRELD
BEL 0 GK 5 Simon MIGNOLET
BEL 0 GK 5 Sammy BOSSUT
BEL 0 MID 5 Steven DEFOUR
BEL 12 DEF 5 Nicolas LOMBAERTS
BEL 12 ATT 4.5 Divock ORIGI
BEL 38 DEF 4.5 Daniel VAN BUYTEN
BEL 8 DEF 4 Anthony VANDEN BORRE
BEL 0 DEF 4 Laurent CIMAN
GER 15 MID 8 Mesut OEZIL
GER 36 ATT 8 Thomas MUELLER
GER 4 ATT 7.5 Lukas PODOLSKI
GER 14 ATT 7.5 Mario GOETZE
GER 10 MID 7.5 Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER
GER 24 MID 7 Toni KROOS
GER 26 MID 7 Philipp LAHM
GER 25 GK 7 Manuel NEUER
GER 9 ATT 7 Miroslav KLOSE
GER 41 DEF 7 Mats HUMMELS
GER 10 MID 6.5 Sami KHEDIRA
GER 2 ATT 6.5 Andre SCHUERRLE
GER 0 MID 6.5 Julian DRAXLER
GER 29 DEF 6.5 Per MERTESACKER
GER 26 DEF 6 Jerome BOATENG
GER 29 DEF 6 Benedikt HOEWEDES
GER 3 DEF 5 Shkodran MUSTAFI
GER 0 GK 5 Roman WEIDENFELLER
GER 0 DEF 5 Kevin GROSSKREUTZ
GER 0 MID 4.5 Christoph KRAMER
GER 0 DEF 4.5 Erik DURM
GER 0 DEF 4.5 Matthias GINTER
GER 0 GK 3 Ron-Robert ZIELER
USA 12 MID 6.5 Michael BRADLEY
USA 21 ATT 6.5 Clint DEMPSEY
USA 1 ATT 6 Jozy ALTIDORE
USA 21 GK 6 Tim HOWARD
USA 14 MID 5.5 Graham ZUSI
USA 4 DEF 5 Omar GONZALEZ
USA 18 DEF 5 Geoff CAMERON
USA 16 MID 4.5 Jermaine JONES
USA 0 GK 4.5 Brad GUZAN
USA 4 ATT 4.5 Aron JOHANNSSON
USA 20 DEF 4.5 DaMarcus BEASLEY
USA 21 DEF 4.5 Matt BESLER
USA 0 MID 4 Mix DISKERUD
USA 15 MID 4 Kyle BECKERMAN
USA 1 ATT 4 Chris WONDOLOWSKI
USA 16 DEF 3.5 Fabian JOHNSON
USA 0 MID 3.5 Julian GREEN
USA 3 MID 3 Brad DAVIS
USA 0 DEF 3 Timmy CHANDLER
USA 8 MID 2.5 Alejandro BEDOYA
USA 2 DEF 2.5 DeAndre YEDLIN
USA 10 DEF 2 John BROOKS
USA 0 GK 2 Nick RIMANDO
GHA 29 MID 6 Kwadwo ASAMOAH?
GHA 11 MID 5.5 Sulley MUNTARI?
GHA 4 ATT 5.5 Kevin Prince BOATENG?
GHA 2 MID 5.5 Michael ESSIEN?
GHA 22 ATT 5.5 Asamoah GYAN?
GHA 14 MID 5 Christian ATSU?
GHA 6 MID 5 Emmanuel BADU?
GHA 22 MID 5 Andre AYEW?
GHA 2 MID 5 Mubarak WAKASO?
GHA 7 ATT 4.5 Jordan AYEW?
GHA 4 ATT 4.5 Majeed WARIS?
GHA 21 DEF 4 Jonathan MENSAH?
GHA 1 MID 4 Acquah AFRIYIE?
GHA 6 DEF 4 Daniel OPARE?
GHA 0 DEF 4 Samuel INKOOM?
GHA 11 MID 3.5 Mohammed RABIU?
GHA 21 DEF 3.5 John BOYE?
GHA 15 DEF 3.5 Harrison AFFUL?
GHA 1 MID 3 Albert ADOMAH?
GHA 6 GK 3 Adam KWARASEY?
GHA 0 GK 3 Stephen ADAMS?
GHA 0 DEF 2.5 Rashid SUMAILA?
GHA 12 GK 2 Fatawu DAUDA?
KOR 16 MID 6 SON Heungmin?
KOR 18 ATT 6 KOO Jacheol?
KOR 2 MID 5.5 JI Dongwon?
KOR 16 MID 5.5 LEE Chungyong?
KOR 22 MID 5.5 KI Sungyueng?
KOR 0 DEF 5 KWAK Taehwi?
KOR 27 DEF 5 KIM Younggwon?
KOR 3 MID 5 KIM Bokyung?
KOR 15 ATT 5 LEE Keunho?
KOR 5 ATT 4.5 KIM Shinwook?
KOR 0 DEF 4.5 PARK Jooho?
KOR 9 GK 4 JUNG Sungryong?
KOR 0 DEF 4 KIM Changsoo?
KOR 1 DEF 4 HWANG Seokho?
KOR 0 MID 4 HA Daesung?
KOR 5 ATT 4 PARK Chuyoung?
KOR 19 DEF 4 LEE Yong?
KOR 21 DEF 4 HONG Jeongho?
KOR 18 DEF 3.5 YUN Sukyoung?
KOR 0 MID 3.5 PARK Jongwoo?
KOR 11 GK 3.5 KIM Seunggyu?
KOR 0 GK 3 LEE Bumyoung?
KOR 17 MID 3 HAN Kookyoung?
POR 22 ATT 10 CRISTIANO RONALDO?
POR 21 ATT 7.5 NANI?
POR 18 MID 7 Joao MOUTINHO?
POR 9 DEF 6.5 PEPE?
POR 21 DEF 6 Bruno ALVES?
POR 20 MID 6 Miguel VELOSO?
POR 5 DEF 6 Fabio COENTRAO?
POR 3 GK 6 Rui PATRICIO?
POR 11 MID 5.5 Raul MEIRELES?
POR 1 GK 5 EDUARDO?
POR 10 GK 5 BETO?
POR 8 DEF 5 Joao PEREIRA?
POR 1 ATT 4.5 Helder POSTIGA?
POR 1 ATT 4.5 Hugo ALMEIDA?
POR 9 MID 4.5 WILLIAM?
POR 4 MID 4 Ruben AMORIM?
POR 9 ATT 4 VARELA?
POR 0 DEF 4 Luis NETO?
POR 14 DEF 4 Ricardo COSTA?
POR 12 ATT 3.5 EDER?
POR 2 ATT 3.5 VIEIRINHA?
POR 8 DEF 2.5 Andre ALMEIDA?
POR 0 ATT 2.5 RAFA?
RUS 10 ATT 6.5 Aleksandr KERZHAKOV?
RUS 0 MID 6 Roman SHIROKOV?
RUS 4 ATT 6 Yury ZHIRKOV?
RUS 20 GK 6 Igor AKINFEEV?
RUS 27 DEF 5.5 Sergey IGNASHEVICH?
RUS 25 DEF 5.5 Vasily BEREZUTSKIY?
RUS 18 MID 4.5 Victor FAYZULIN?
RUS 17 ATT 4.5 Alexander SAMEDOV?
RUS 5 MID 4.5 Alan DZAGOEV?
RUS 13 ATT 4.5 Alexander KOKORIN?
RUS 12 MID 4.5 Denis GLUSHAKOV?
RUS 7 MID 4.5 Igor DENISOV?
RUS 6 DEF 4.5 Aleksei KOZLOV?
RUS 21 DEF 4 Dmitry KOMBAROV?
RUS 12 DEF 4 Andrey ESHCHENKO?
RUS 12 MID 4 Oleg SHATOV?
RUS 7 ATT 3.5 Maksim KANUNNIKOV?
RUS 0 DEF 3.5 Vladimir GRANAT?
RUS 0 DEF 3.5 Andrey SEMENOV?
RUS 0 DEF 3 Georgy SHCHENNIKOV?
RUS 0 GK 3 Yury LODYGIN?
RUS 0 GK 3 Sergey RYZHIKOV?
RUS 0 ATT 3 Alexey IONOV?
RUS 0 MID 2.5 Pavel MOGILEVETC?

see all the eliminated teams players names now end in '?'

Note: ALG defender Cadamuro never played, but has -1 as yesterday he got booked from bench :lol:

MoSe
27-06-2014, 08:56:20
105 actually, to include Gonaldo ;)
scores 22+, that is above 7pts average per round

Q NAT Pts Pos Val Player
1 GER 41 DEF 7 Mats HUMMELS
1 MEX 39 DEF 5 Rafael MARQUEZ
1 COL 39 MID 8 James RODRIGUEZ
1 BEL 38 DEF 4.5 Daniel VAN BUYTEN
1 BRA 37 ATT 9 NEYMAR
1 GER 36 ATT 8 Thomas MUELLER
1 ARG 35 ATT 10 Lionel MESSI
1 FRA 34 ATT 8.5 Karim BENZEMA
1 CRC 33 DEF 4 Giancarlo GONZALEZ
1 NGA 33 GK 5 Vincent ENYEAMA
1 FRA 33 DEF 6 Mamadou SAKHO
1 NED 33 ATT 9 Arjen ROBBEN
1 CRC 32 DEF 3.5 Oscar DUARTE
1 ARG 32 DEF 4 Marcos ROJO
1 SUI 32 DEF 5.5 Ricardo RODRIGUEZ
1 NGA 31 DEF 4 Kenneth OMERUO
- BIH 31 DEF 5.5 Emir SPAHIC
- CRO 31 DEF 5.5 Vedran CORLUKA
1 SUI 31 MID 7 Xherdan SHAQIRI
1 BRA 31 DEF 7.5 DAVID LUIZ
- ECU 30 GK 4.5 Alexander DOMINGUEZ
1 MEX 30 DEF 5 Hector MORENO
1 SUI 30 GK 5.5 Diego BENAGLIO
1 COL 30 MID 6 Juan CUADRADO
1 URU 30 DEF 6 Diego GODIN
- CIV 30 ATT 6.5 GERVINHO
- CRO 30 MID 7.5 Ivan RAKITIC
1 MEX 29 DEF 4.5 Andres GUARDADO
1 ARG 29 DEF 5 Federico FERNANDEZ
1 GER 29 DEF 6 Benedikt HOEWEDES
- GHA 29 MID 6 Kwadwo ASAMOAH?
1 GER 29 DEF 6.5 Per MERTESACKER
- ECU 28 MID 4.5 Walter AYOVI
- BIH 28 MID 6 Miralem PJANIC
1 ARG 28 MID 7 Javier MASCHERANO
1 MEX 27 DEF 4 Francisco RODRIGUEZ
- ECU 27 DEF 4.5 Juan PAREDES
1 SUI 27 DEF 4.5 Johan DJOUROU
- KOR 27 DEF 5 KIM Younggwon?
1 ARG 27 DEF 5.5 Ezequiel GARAY
1 COL 27 DEF 5.5 Pablo ARMERO
- RUS 27 DEF 5.5 Sergey IGNASHEVICH?
1 CHI 27 DEF 6 Mauricio ISLA
1 BEL 27 GK 7.5 Thibaut COURTOIS
1 CRC 26 DEF 3.5 Cristian GAMBOA
1 NED 26 DEF 4 Stefan DE VRIJ
1 MEX 26 MID 5 Hector HERRERA
1 NGA 26 DEF 5 Efe AMBROSE
1 COL 26 GK 5.5 David OSPINA
- ECU 26 MID 5.5 Cristhian NOBOA
1 GER 26 DEF 6 Jerome BOATENG
1 BRA 26 MID 6.5 LUIZ GUSTAVO
1 CHI 26 DEF 6.5 Gary MEDEL
1 GER 26 MID 7 Philipp LAHM
1 BRA 26 DEF 8.5 Thiago SILVA
- IRN 25 DEF 1.5 Amirhossein SADEGHI
1 GRE 25 DEF 2.5 Konstantinos MANOLAS
1 NED 25 DEF 4 Daryl JANMAAT
1 NGA 25 DEF 4 Juwon OSHANIWA
- ECU 25 DEF 4.5 Frickson ERAZO
1 MEX 25 DEF 4.5 Miguel LAYUN
1 MEX 25 GK 4.5 Guillermo OCHOA
- CIV 25 DEF 5 Serge AURIER
- ECU 25 ATT 5 Enner VALENCIA
- RUS 25 DEF 5.5 Vasily BEREZUTSKIY?
- ITA 25 DEF 6.5 Giorgio CHIELLINI
- ESP 25 DEF 6.5 Jordi ALBA
1 GER 25 GK 7 Manuel NEUER
1 CHI 25 ATT 7.5 Alexis SANCHEZ
1 BRA 25 MID 8 OSCAR
- IRN 24 GK 1 Alireza HAGHIGHI
1 CRC 24 DEF 3.5 Junior DIAZ
1 NED 24 DEF 4 Daley BLIND
- JPN 24 DEF 4.5 Maya YOSHIDA
1 NGA 24 DEF 4.5 Joseph YOBO
- CMR 24 DEF 5 Nicolas NKOULOU
1 CHI 24 MID 5 Charles ARANGUIZ
1 CRC 24 GK 5 Keylor NAVAS
1 NGA 24 MID 5 Ogenyi ONAZI
1 CHI 24 GK 5.5 Claudio BRAVO
- ENG 24 DEF 6 Gary CAHILL
- ITA 24 DEF 6 Andrea BARZAGLI
1 NED 24 MID 6 Nigel DE JONG
1 SUI 24 MID 6 Gokhan INLER
- CRO 24 MID 6.5 Ivan PERISIC
1 FRA 24 MID 6.5 Blaise MATUIDI
1 GER 24 MID 7 Toni KROOS
- ESP 24 DEF 7 Sergio RAMOS
- IRN 23 DEF 1 Pejman MONTAZERI
1 ALG 23 ATT 2 Islam SLIMANI
1 NGA 23 ATT 4.5 Ahmed MUSA
1 CHI 23 DEF 5 Gonzalo JARA
- IRN 23 MID 5 Javad NEKOUNAM
1 SUI 23 DEF 5.5 Stephan LICHTSTEINER
- JPN 23 ATT 6.5 Keisuke HONDA
1 BRA 23 DEF 7.5 MARCELO
- IRN 22 DEF 1.5 Mehrdad POOLADI
- ECU 22 MID 4 Oswaldo MINDA
1 ALG 22 ATT 4.5 Sofiane FEGHOULI
- GHA 22 MID 5 Andre AYEW?
1 GRE 22 DEF 5 Sokratis PAPASTATHOPOULOS
- GHA 22 ATT 5.5 Asamoah GYAN?
- KOR 22 MID 5.5 KI Sungyueng?
1 FRA 22 GK 6.5 Hugo LLORIS
- POR 22 ATT 10 CRISTIANO RONALDO?

MoSe
27-06-2014, 11:04:56
these are the OVERALL scores for 3 rounds
this might not be the best scoring SQUAD for the phase, as in single rounds you could have fielded players who didn't then equally excel in other rounds
Van Persie for instance tallied 19 in 2 rounds, then got suspended and got a 0 in 3rd. Or Slimani who got few pts (if any?) in 1st round, for a total of 23
Q NAT Pts Pos Val Player

1 NGA 33 GK 5 Vincent ENYEAMA

1 GER 41 DEF 7 Mats HUMMELS
1 MEX 39 DEF 5 Rafael MARQUEZ
1 BEL 38 DEF 4.5 Daniel VAN BUYTEN
1 CRC 33 DEF 4 Giancarlo GONZALEZ

1 COL 39 MID 8 James RODRIGUEZ
1 SUI 31 MID 7 Xherdan SHAQIRI
1 COL 30 MID 6 Juan CUADRADO

1 BRA 37 ATT 9 NEYMAR
1 GER 36 ATT 8 Thomas MUELLER
1 ARG 35 ATT 10 Lionel MESSI

at equal score, chose the cheaper

The Top Score (always fielding the SAME 11 players in all rounds) would have been 392
Their cost is 73.5 M, with a 5.33ppM yield
Teams: 2 GER, 2 COL, ARG, BRA, SUI, NGA, MEX, BEL, CRC

Maybe a bit surprisingly, the formation is a 4-3-3, not a 3-4-3
they might have revamped a bit the scoring system, but I find top Defenders scores unexpectedly high, and at the same time top Mifielders unexpectedly not so high..
___

BENCH to complete TOP 23 (respecting 3-7-8-5 roster, but Budget regardless)

- ECU 30 GK 4.5 Alexander DOMINGUEZ
1 SUI 30 GK 5.5 Diego BENAGLIO

1 FRA 33 DEF 6 Mamadou SAKHO
1 ARG 32 DEF 4 Marcos ROJO

- CRO 30 MID 7.5 Ivan RAKITIC
- GHA 29 MID 6 Kwadwo ASAMOAH?
- ECU 28 MID 4.5 Walter AYOVI
- BIH 28 MID 6 Miralem PJANIC
1 ARG 28 MID 7 Javier MASCHERANO

1 FRA 34 ATT 8.5 Karim BENZEMA
1 NED 33 ATT 9 Arjen ROBBEN

next Best who didn't make top 23:
GK Courtois 27p/7.5M, Ospina 26p/5.5M, 25p Ochoa 4.5M & Neuer 7M
DEF R.Rodriguez (SUI) 32p/5.5M, 31p Omeruo, Spahic. Corluka, D.Luiz and 30p Moreno, Godin
MID 26p Herrera 5M, Noboa 5.5M, L.Gustavo 6.5M, Lahm 7M
ATT Gervinho 30p/6.5M, then down to 25p (!) E.Valencia 5M & A.Sanchez 7.5M
___

BENCH to complete TOP 23, respecting Budget & Team limits
- IRN 24 GK 1 Alireza HAGHIGHI
- CMR 20 GK 3 Charles ITANDJE

- IRN 25 DEF 1.5 Amirhossein SADEGHI
- IRN 23 DEF 1 Pejman MONTAZERI

- ECU 22 MID 4 Oswaldo MINDA
1 CRC 21 MID 3.5 Yeltsin TEJEDA
1 GRE 20 MID 3 Ioannis MANIATIS
1 ALG 19 MID 1 Nabil BENTALEB
- HON 18 MID 2 Jorge CLAROS

1 ALG 23 ATT 2 Islam SLIMANI
1 ALG 19 ATT 1 Abdelmoumene DJABOU

this is the best combination I found respecting game limits
giving at the same time the best overall score for the 3 rounds

the cost for these 12 players is 26.5M (using up all your 100M with the 73.5 you spent for the Best 11),
and their combined score totals 266pts (10ppM yield, double than Best11! and above 22ppp average!)

it could seem that 4M for the Ecu midfielder bringing "just" 22p it's a bit expensive, but the problem is there aren't viable alternatives:
in midfield to spare 0.5 or 1M only, you'd have to give up 4-5pts, that you can't make up for by investing that meager "extra" budget in other positions

MoSe
27-06-2014, 13:11:34
now you can also sort by points

lotsa toiling and shuffling, squad revamped

I only had left Messi in attack and Cuadrado in the middle, while my whole defense and goalies had qualified. I retained just one per position anyway (Cillessen & Manolas)

for sure, the initial picks which were made in haste without much reasoning, turnd out to be rather lucky
while these on which I spent databasing and sorting and filtering and weighing and rating, will prove to be a complete blunder and failure :D

I won't reveal my tricks yet, till the market closes :ninja:

Funko
27-06-2014, 13:49:28
You should go with haste and no reasoning again, why change a winning formula?

MoSe
27-06-2014, 15:52:56
to prove that I can beat luck :p

Fistandantilus
28-06-2014, 15:38:08
I'll ride luck instead :p

MoSe
28-06-2014, 19:02:43
Penalties!
doubt they count for scores?

MoSe
28-06-2014, 19:25:39
Terribly unluck Jara
Opening OG, then last pen inside post an ball goes out crossing goalmouth...

MoSe
28-06-2014, 19:48:30
Scores so far (if correctly updated)
MAce 317 +10 = 327 +13 = 340 +6 = 346 +37 = 383
noler 294 +17 = 311 +14 = 325 +6 = 331 +0 = 331
Matt 271 +10 = 281 +23 = 304 +16 = 320 +8 = 328
Funko 225 +15 = 240 +28 =268 -1 = 267 +13 = 280
Fist 190 +19 = 209 +32 =241 +15 = 256 +7 = 263

I'll drop tho 5p at once, by moving captaincy :)

Fistandantilus
28-06-2014, 20:34:11
Penalties!
doubt they count for scores?

J. Cesar has an extra 10 points for penalties saved :lol:

That would be hilarous

MoSe
28-06-2014, 23:21:56
The universe is collapsing!
;)

Fistandantilus
29-06-2014, 08:23:34
They removed them :(

MoSe
29-06-2014, 22:21:10
had bet on CRC, GRE 91' goal robbed me 13pt CS :bash:
11 yellows today, 6 went to my team :(
___
edit: actually 6/10
I chose 60% of the bad guys in 4 teams :gasmaske:

Funko
30-06-2014, 08:57:56
I forgot to make the change to make James Rodriguez captain.

MoSe
30-06-2014, 11:25:35
I hope you have valid alternates still to play... :D

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:02:54
why such a fine disaggregation? well, because.... I can! :D

Note, these are based on the running totals taken as soon as the scores stabilised, a while after each match.
Hopefully you didn't rush to make lineup/band changes as soon as a match ended. Of course such moves influence the net increment resulting after next match.

BRA COL NED CRC
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE R16 Total
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 = +66 383
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - = +37 331
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 = +57 328
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 = +55 280
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 = +73 263

of course we're just halfway the round and the above is deeply influenced by how many players you chose, then fielded, in each WC team.
And by how many you have yet to play

my 66 come from 10pl, 57 +9 for the current Captain, which I'll move again (as I hope to get a x2 in the tens, can't content of 9)
Next match I'll bench two with 3pts, with 3 men in my team playing in FRA-NGA
thus 57-6 = 51 are the points I'll start from, +3 players to complete an 11 lineup, plus a hopefully high C bonus.
If all goes well I might already get near the 90s, otherwise I'll barely pass 60s (i.e. eventually going down from 66!)

in last 3 matches I'll furtherly have to field 4 "starters" which I hope can make the bulk of my score :), plus eventually 3 or 4 "chaffs" (of course I mean 1M-costing Algerians :D) who thanks to the formula can get a chance to prove their met, as in case they'd fail I'll still have strong players to take their place

all in all, it's as if I'm starting now from:
32 pts from 4 players, and 7 more to play (to pick out of 10) including Captain
(that is: I'm sure to bench more than half what I sweatingly and nailbitingly stashed so far :nervous: )

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:06:11
now a few tables, as even if they don't post the round scores for the players, they already updated their totals, and as I had saved the group points (see "DB" tables above), I can find out their R16 score by means of subtracion

(this post is actually intended to complete the page and start the tables on a new one :D))

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:18:54
GrP are the scores from Group Phase, new ones are under R16, next to player names.
I don't report the total, which you can find on FIFA site

(I'm sorry for the left-alignment of numbers, copied from xls and too much hassle to add spaces manually...)
NAT GrP Pos Val R16 Player
BRA 26 DEF 8.5 15 Thiago SILVA
BRA 31 DEF 7.5 13 DAVID LUIZ
BRA 23 DEF 7.5 9 MARCELO
BRA 26 MID 6.5 6 LUIZ GUSTAVO
BRA 20 DEF 7.5 6 Dani ALVES
BRA 25 MID 8 6 OSCAR
BRA 9 MID 6 5 FERNANDINHO
BRA 37 ATT 9 5 NEYMAR
BRA 18 GK 5.5 4 JULIO CESAR
BRA 7 ATT 7.5 4 HULK
BRA 18 ATT 8 3 FRED
BRA 1 ATT 5.5 1 JO
BRA 2 MID 6 1 WILLIAN
BRA 4 MID 6.5 1 RAMIRES

CHI 26 DEF 6.5 12 Gary MEDEL
CHI 24 GK 5.5 10 Claudio BRAVO
CHI 25 ATT 7.5 10 Alexis SANCHEZ
CHI 27 DEF 6 9 Mauricio ISLA
CHI 11 MID 4 8 Francisco SILVA
CHI 15 MID 5.5 8 Marcelo DIAZ
CHI 23 DEF 5 7 Gonzalo JARA
CHI 20 DEF 4 6 Eugenio MENA
CHI 24 MID 5 6 Charles ARANGUIZ
CHI 10 MID 4.5 5 Felipe GUTIERREZ
CHI 20 ATT 6 5 Eduardo VARGAS
CHI 7 MID 8 4 Arturo VIDAL
CHI 0 DEF 4 1 Jose ROJAS
CHI 2 ATT 5 1 Mauricio PINILLA

COL 20 DEF 4 14 Cristian ZAPATA
COL 13 MID 5 14 Abel AGUILAR
COL 39 MID 8 14 James RODRIGUEZ
COL 26 GK 5.5 13 David OSPINA
COL 18 DEF 5 12 Mario YEPES
COL 30 MID 6 9 Juan CUADRADO
COL 17 DEF 6 8 Juan ZUNIGA
COL 27 DEF 5.5 7 Pablo ARMERO
COL 17 ATT 7.5 7 Jackson MARTINEZ
COL 11 MID 5.5 4 Carlos SANCHEZ
COL 17 ATT 6.5 4 Teofilo GUTIERREZ
COL 9 MID 4 1 Alexander MEJIA
COL 6 ATT 6 1 Adrian RAMOS
COL 4 MID 6.5 1 Fredy GUARIN

URU 19 DEF 6 9 Martin CACERES
URU 30 DEF 6 7 Diego GODIN
URU 19 MID 5.5 6 Egidio AREVALO
URU 5 DEF 5 5 Maximiliano PEREIRA
URU 4 MID 5 5 Gaston RAMIREZ
URU 11 MID 5 5 Alvaro GONZALEZ
URU 18 GK 6 5 Fernando MUSLERA
URU 19 DEF 3 4 Jose GIMENEZ
URU 13 MID 6 4 Cristian RODRIGUEZ
URU 9 MID 4 3 Alvaro PEREIRA
URU 17 ATT 8.5 3 Edinson CAVANI
URU 6 ATT 5.5 2 Cristhian STUANI
URU 2 ATT 7 2 Diego FORLAN
URU 1 ATT 4 1 Abel HERNANDEZ
URU 2 DEF 5.5 -1 Diego LUGANO

MEX 13 ATT 6 9 Giovani DOS SANTOS
MEX 27 DEF 4 8 Francisco RODRIGUEZ
MEX 0 DEF 4.5 4 Diego REYES
MEX 25 GK 4.5 4 Guillermo OCHOA
MEX 30 DEF 5 4 Hector MORENO
MEX 26 MID 5 4 Hector HERRERA
MEX 18 ATT 6.5 4 Oribe PERALTA
MEX 1 DEF 4 3 Carlos SALCIDO
MEX 21 DEF 4 3 Paul AGUILAR
MEX 25 DEF 4.5 3 Miguel LAYUN
MEX 39 DEF 5 3 Rafael MARQUEZ
MEX 0 MID 3 2 Javier AQUINO
MEX 29 DEF 4.5 2 Andres GUARDADO
MEX 8 ATT 5.5 2 Javier HERNANDEZ

NED 26 DEF 4 12 Stefan DE VRIJ
NED 18 GK 3 9 Jasper CILLESSEN
NED 0 ATT 7 9 Klaas Jan HUNTELAAR
NED 15 MID 8 8 Wesley SNEIJDER
NED 21 DEF 5 7 Ron VLAAR
NED 7 MID 3.5 6 Georginio WIJNALDUM
NED 24 DEF 4 6 Daley BLIND
NED 13 DEF 4.5 6 Bruno MARTINS INDI
NED 5 ATT 6 6 Dirk KUYT
NED 33 ATT 9 6 Arjen ROBBEN
NED 0 DEF 6 4 Paul VERHAEGH
NED 19 ATT 8.5 4 Robin VAN PERSIE
NED 16 ATT 4 2 Memphis DEPAY
NED 24 MID 6 1 Nigel DE JONG

CRC 15 ATT 5.5 13 Bryan RUIZ
CRC 24 GK 5 10 Keylor NAVAS
CRC 13 MID 3.5 9 Christian BOLANOS
CRC 33 DEF 4 9 Giancarlo GONZALEZ
CRC 21 DEF 4 8 Michael UMANA
CRC 26 DEF 3.5 5 Cristian GAMBOA
CRC 21 MID 3.5 5 Yeltsin TEJEDA
CRC 19 MID 4.5 5 Celso BORGES
CRC 24 DEF 3.5 4 Junior DIAZ
CRC 32 DEF 3.5 4 Oscar DUARTE
CRC 19 ATT 5.5 4 Joel CAMPBELL
CRC 4 ATT 3.5 3 Randall BRENES
CRC 2 MID 3.5 3 Jose CUBERO
CRC 0 DEF 4 3 Johnny ACOSTA
CRC 0 MID 3 -1 Oscar GRANADOS

GRE 22 DEF 5 13 Sokratis PAPASTATHOPOULOS
GRE 11 MID 5.5 9 Georgios KARAGOUNIS
GRE 16 DEF 2.5 8 Jose CHOLEVAS
GRE 19 DEF 4 8 Vasileios TOROSIDIS
GRE 25 DEF 2.5 5 Konstantinos MANOLAS
GRE 4 MID 3.5 4 Lazaros CHRISTODOULOPOULOS
GRE 8 ATT 5.5 4 Dimitrios SALPINGIDIS
GRE 18 GK 2 3 Orestis KARNEZIS
GRE 20 MID 3 3 Ioannis MANIATIS
GRE 16 MID 4 3 Andreas SAMARIS
GRE 6 MID 5 3 Konstantinos KATSOURANIS
GRE 4 ATT 5.5 3 Konstantinos MITROGLOU
GRE 19 ATT 6 3 Georgios SAMARAS
GRE 8 ATT 6 2 Theofanis GEKAS

you can draw your own considerations :)
(compare for instance Zapata with James... :bash: )

dunno whether any of you has David Luiz
I doubt he got 10 xtra points without a Goal (although it could be possible, with blocks at +2 each)
More likley they still credit him the +5 for the goal, but I remain convinced that he didn't touch the ball after Jara backheel defelction, it should definitely be an OG

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:28:18
CRC 24 GK 5 10 Keylor NAVAS
CHI 24 GK 5.5 10 Claudio BRAVO
NED 18 GK 3 9 Jasper CILLESSEN
URU 18 GK 6 5 Fernando MUSLERA
MEX 25 GK 4.5 4 Guillermo OCHOA
BRA 18 GK 5.5 4 JULIO CESAR
GRE 18 GK 2 3 Orestis KARNEZIS

COL 18 DEF 5 12 Mario YEPES
CHI 26 DEF 6.5 12 Gary MEDEL
CRC 33 DEF 4 9 Giancarlo GONZALEZ
URU 19 DEF 6 9 Martin CACERES
CHI 27 DEF 6 9 Mauricio ISLA
BRA 23 DEF 7.5 9 MARCELO
GRE 16 DEF 2.5 8 Jose CHOLEVAS
GRE 19 DEF 4 8 Vasileios TOROSIDIS
CRC 21 DEF 4 8 Michael UMANA
MEX 27 DEF 4 8 Francisco RODRIGUEZ
COL 17 DEF 6 8 Juan ZUNIGA
NED 21 DEF 5 7 Ron VLAAR
CHI 23 DEF 5 7 Gonzalo JARA
COL 27 DEF 5.5 7 Pablo ARMERO
URU 30 DEF 6 7 Diego GODIN
CHI 20 DEF 4 6 Eugenio MENA
NED 24 DEF 4 6 Daley BLIND
NED 13 DEF 4.5 6 Bruno MARTINS INDI
BRA 20 DEF 7.5 6 Dani ALVES
GRE 25 DEF 2.5 5 Konstantinos MANOLAS
CRC 26 DEF 3.5 5 Cristian GAMBOA
URU 5 DEF 5 5 Maximiliano PEREIRA
URU 19 DEF 3 4 Jose GIMENEZ
CRC 24 DEF 3.5 4 Junior DIAZ
CRC 32 DEF 3.5 4 Oscar DUARTE
MEX 0 DEF 4.5 4 Diego REYES
MEX 30 DEF 5 4 Hector MORENO
NED 0 DEF 6 4 Paul VERHAEGH
CRC 0 DEF 4 3 Johnny ACOSTA
MEX 1 DEF 4 3 Carlos SALCIDO
MEX 21 DEF 4 3 Paul AGUILAR
MEX 25 DEF 4.5 3 Miguel LAYUN
MEX 39 DEF 5 3 Rafael MARQUEZ
MEX 29 DEF 4.5 2 Andres GUARDADO
CHI 0 DEF 4 1 Jose ROJAS
URU 2 DEF 5.5 -1 Diego LUGANO

GRE 11 MID 5.5 9 Georgios KARAGOUNIS
COL 30 MID 6 9 Juan CUADRADO
CHI 11 MID 4 8 Francisco SILVA
CHI 15 MID 5.5 8 Marcelo DIAZ
NED 15 MID 8 8 Wesley SNEIJDER
NED 7 MID 3.5 6 Georginio WIJNALDUM
CHI 24 MID 5 6 Charles ARANGUIZ
URU 19 MID 5.5 6 Egidio AREVALO
BRA 26 MID 6.5 6 LUIZ GUSTAVO
BRA 25 MID 8 6 OSCAR
CRC 21 MID 3.5 5 Yeltsin TEJEDA
CHI 10 MID 4.5 5 Felipe GUTIERREZ
CRC 19 MID 4.5 5 Celso BORGES
URU 4 MID 5 5 Gaston RAMIREZ
URU 11 MID 5 5 Alvaro GONZALEZ
BRA 9 MID 6 5 FERNANDINHO
GRE 4 MID 3.5 4 Lazaros CHRISTODOULOPOULOS
MEX 26 MID 5 4 Hector HERRERA
COL 11 MID 5.5 4 Carlos SANCHEZ
URU 13 MID 6 4 Cristian RODRIGUEZ
CHI 7 MID 8 4 Arturo VIDAL
GRE 20 MID 3 3 Ioannis MANIATIS
CRC 2 MID 3.5 3 Jose CUBERO
URU 9 MID 4 3 Alvaro PEREIRA
GRE 16 MID 4 3 Andreas SAMARIS
GRE 6 MID 5 3 Konstantinos KATSOURANIS
MEX 0 MID 3 2 Javier AQUINO
COL 9 MID 4 1 Alexander MEJIA
BRA 2 MID 6 1 WILLIAN
NED 24 MID 6 1 Nigel DE JONG
BRA 4 MID 6.5 1 RAMIRES
COL 4 MID 6.5 1 Fredy GUARIN
CRC 0 MID 3 -1 Oscar GRANADOS

MEX 13 ATT 6 9 Giovani DOS SANTOS
NED 0 ATT 7 9 Klaas Jan HUNTELAAR
COL 17 ATT 7.5 7 Jackson MARTINEZ
NED 5 ATT 6 6 Dirk KUYT
NED 33 ATT 9 6 Arjen ROBBEN
CHI 20 ATT 6 5 Eduardo VARGAS
BRA 37 ATT 9 5 NEYMAR
GRE 8 ATT 5.5 4 Dimitrios SALPINGIDIS
CRC 19 ATT 5.5 4 Joel CAMPBELL
COL 17 ATT 6.5 4 Teofilo GUTIERREZ
MEX 18 ATT 6.5 4 Oribe PERALTA
BRA 7 ATT 7.5 4 HULK
NED 19 ATT 8.5 4 Robin VAN PERSIE
CRC 4 ATT 3.5 3 Randall BRENES
GRE 4 ATT 5.5 3 Konstantinos MITROGLOU
GRE 19 ATT 6 3 Georgios SAMARAS
BRA 18 ATT 8 3 FRED
URU 17 ATT 8.5 3 Edinson CAVANI
NED 16 ATT 4 2 Memphis DEPAY
URU 6 ATT 5.5 2 Cristhian STUANI
MEX 8 ATT 5.5 2 Javier HERNANDEZ
GRE 8 ATT 6 2 Theofanis GEKAS
URU 2 ATT 7 2 Diego FORLAN
URU 1 ATT 4 1 Abel HERNANDEZ
CHI 2 ATT 5 1 Mauricio PINILLA
BRA 1 ATT 5.5 1 JO
COL 6 ATT 6 1 Adrian RAMOS

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:40:41

Total score: 140 +15C =155
Cost: 64M (quite affordable: 36M left - that is 31M for say 3 more *selected* ones and 4 fair backups, +5 for Algerian fillups)
Avg.score in group phase: 23.3 (that is, not all of them "top" ones)

James Rodriguez is NOT the top scorer
Ideal Formation: 5-3-2 (!) and only because 7-2-1 is not allowed!!! :D

Fistandantilus
30-06-2014, 12:51:36
Hopefully you didn't rush to make lineup/band changes as soon as a match ended.

Of course I did :lol:

I'm currently at 73 with 4 to play but could replace low scoring Neymar and Vargas (5 points each) if those starters that still have to play perform worse.

Fistandantilus
30-06-2014, 12:52:31
The bias to balls recovered and blocking shots is absurd tho.

MoSe
30-06-2014, 12:55:24
Note, these are based on the running totals taken as soon as the scores stabilised, a while after each match.
Hopefully you didn't rush to make lineup/band changes as soon as a match ended.
Of course such moves influence the net increment resulting after next match.
Next match I'll bench two with 3pts, with 3 men in my team playing in FRA-NGA
thus [66-9C=]57-6 = 51 are the points I'll start from, +3 players to complete an 11 lineup, plus a hopefully high C bonus.

I see Matt & Funko already prepared for next match :)
their totals went down respectively by 5 and 16

BRA COL NED CRC FRA
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE NGA R16 Total
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 = +66 383
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 - 5 = +52 323
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 -16 = +39 264

Fist, who do you play? how many players? how many pts to bench? :D
(*) I see you already answered while I was completing this post :)

I must REMEMBER to make my announced subs, within, say, 3 hours!
:) I have to show some result for the day, here at worjk I mean, hope it won't make me late! :cute:

Walrus Feeder
30-06-2014, 13:02:31
I'm relying on my big guns to come in and do the business as the cheap Mexican, Costa Rican and Greek players I've used haven't done much so far.

MoSe
30-06-2014, 13:03:42
The bias to balls recovered and blocking shots is absurd tho.
Yes, I was noticing how the scoring system was reflecting the actual influence a players has on game and result, or anyway the perception of well-playing we get from TV, or not.
Some forwards do a lot of action, help the team raise and the opponent defece open, but apart scoring, if they don't actaually bring/pass the ball into the box *several* times, they get practically no xtra (i.e. my Dzeko vs Nigeria)

Blocks and recovers greatly favor defenders, who indeed scored comparativley high so far, while some forwards get just average scores even when... scoring!

Funko
30-06-2014, 13:08:26
I seem to be putting kids to bed between matches, and working before the first match, so I have to do changes for the day in the morning.

MoSe
30-06-2014, 13:19:44
I'm relying on my big guns to come in and do the business as the cheap Mexican, Costa Rican and Greek players I've used haven't done much so far.

don't even tell me....
I had at last minute decided to buy Rafa Marquez for this round...

till 88', he had 6pts, and was heading to reach 10 (=20 as Capt) with Clean Sheet
then at 88' byebye CS,
then at 92' -1 Penalty foul & -1 Yellow,
finally at 94' -1 for 2nd goal conceded
:shoot:
he ended with bare 3, and he'll soon hit my bench

MoSe
30-06-2014, 13:21:14
kids

ummm.... did I miss something?

MoSe
30-06-2014, 15:10:21
here... what an effort! mind over heart
BRA COL NED CRC FRA
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE NGA R16 Total
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 -15 = +51 368
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 - 5 = +52 323
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 -16 = +39 264

zmama
30-06-2014, 15:37:07
ummm.... did I miss something?

yep

Funko
30-06-2014, 15:44:10
kids++

MoSe
30-06-2014, 16:06:14
trying to put an all-Funko football team together??? ;)
:beer:

you'll update me separately :)

MoSe
30-06-2014, 16:43:13
Enyeama just denied Pogba... Fist do you still have him? :)

so far I just "lost" 2 assists, apparently
hope they'll sum up for deliveries, at least

MoSe
30-06-2014, 17:17:12
following that match from office PC, will try to update scores "real-time" :)
BRA COL NED CRC sub FRA
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE = 4/8 R16 chg NGA Running Total
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 = +66 383 -15 +22 390
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - = +37 331 - + 9 340
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 = +57 328 - 5 +11 334
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 = +55 280 -16 +16 280
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 = +73 263 - + 0 263

hmmm... I'm afraid it's not really RT...
...here, halftime should be updated

so far only Matt's changes have fully repaid him
_
damn, 7th yellow.... radio says he's lucky it's not a red (see Marchisio and Defour)
and it's his 3rd foul too :( (and I was almost giving him the armband)
_
3rd pt for >60' kicked in for me, yet to be seen in league table
_
goal-line save vs Benzema!
_
after much pushing in last minutes, Pogba finallay scores (GK fault they say)
and apparently the GK deflection nullifies the Assist for who sent the ball in :(
_
hey, they docked 1pt for recovered balls which was previously awarded :confused:
can balls be "unrecovered"? did they miscount or miscredit it earlier? all is going wrong...
_
maybe a coincidence, but from score leaps I'd say that nolers & Funko have Pogba, while Fist not :)_
_
Yobo OG, whistle
now will have to wait they sum in the Clean Sheets for french players
I should get further +2 for two midf (although one will be scornfully benched)

MoSe
30-06-2014, 18:27:54
from 3 players I got 10-4-4
of course the tenner is the one I less considered for captaincy...
I decided to gamble with the forward, who didn't score
oh well, now I'll have no regret to move the armband to big guns playing next
___

anyway...:

assist cross - shot - denied! - no assist
assist corner - header - saved! - no assist
assist corner - header - missed! - no assist
assist corner - goalie defelcts it bad - header and goal - NO assist bc of deflection
assist cross - def anticipates fwd and kicks in OG - NO assist bc of OG

:shoot:

MoSe
30-06-2014, 18:36:16
BRA COL NED CRC FRA sub GER
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE NGA R16 5/8 chg ALG TOT
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 + 7 = +73 390 -21 - 369
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - +10 = +47 341
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 + 6 = +63 334
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 + 0 = +55 280 -10 - 270
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 + 0 = +73 263

lol, Funko too quick!
I assume the 280 I saw earlier didn'g go down bc of last minute deductions, but bc he already made subs for nect match :)

I benched three 4p, and that's OK, and a 5p too (audacious!) to bring in 4 players
3 thereof are Algerians.... I have 3 more for tomorrow, hopefully reliable
so I dropped back to 369... just 1 more than I started with before last match... call me Penny ;)

now I gotta get out b4 they close me in ;)

Funko
30-06-2014, 21:26:39
Most of my changes were for the Germany Algeria game. I only changed out 1 player from the France Game, Benzema who I then swapped for an Algerian.

Fistandantilus
30-06-2014, 21:28:06
Enyeama just denied Pogba... Fist do you still have him? :)

No :/

Funko
30-06-2014, 21:30:54
2 of mine aren't playing, dunno why. I miss the thing on Fantasy Premier League where it tells you when players are suspended/injured, didn't have time to look.

Funko
30-06-2014, 21:31:08
Got another chance with them tomorrow though.

MoSe
30-06-2014, 22:37:47
Grotesque
cant believe Mueller only has 3p for minutes
where is the assist?????

MoSe
30-06-2014, 23:51:20
Djabou entering at 100' and scoring ay 121'
turned a terrible day into a just bad one
does not compensate Muller scoring just 3

small adjustments in the league
Matt climbed to 2nd!

MoSe
01-07-2014, 06:45:00
Djabou entering at 100' and scoring ay 121'
turned a terrible day into a just bad one
does not compensate Muller scoring just 3

but a wonderful night! :D

I went to sleep almost 2 hours after the match with
Halliche 3p
Belkalem 10p
Djabou 6p
Muller 3p x2
= 25pts for my 4 players in the match

and now I get at the office (only 6hrs later) and find
Halliche 3p => 5p (3, +3p recov, +1 Pass Bonus, -1 fouls,-1 yellow)
Belkalem 10p => 16p (3, +10 blocks!, +4 recov, -1 goals conceded)
Djabou 6p => 7p (1, +5 goal, +1 recov)
Muller 3p x2 => 7p x2 (3, +3 assist!, +1 deliveries)
= 42pts
:beer: for breakfast!

I rightfully whined! :)

as the Rules page says:
Please note that scores may be updated as and when FIFA official match reports are processed and/or corrected.
No further updates will be made to the data after midnight (local time Brazil)
what were the game scouts doing during the match?
they overlooked 13pts! luckily they review the match afterwards
it took them a while, but now yesterday scores should be finalised

MoSe
01-07-2014, 06:52:16
I only changed out 1 player from the France Game, Benzema
he scored 4pts yesterday...
going by that, as before the Germany game you were back to 270, should I then count as if you ended the France game with 274?
Or maybe he was Captain, and you thus dropped 8....
anyway, progressive match by match scores are just indicative (mainly for my own amusement! :D)

MoSe
01-07-2014, 07:02:38
I miss the thing on Fantasy Premier League where it tells you when players are suspended/injured, didn't have time to look.

I find the small red (suspended), grey (injured/unavailable) and yellow (suspension risk) dots in the lineups
Unfortunately these are available <1hr before a match
for suspensions, you could check the team *previous* match and see who got cautioned there and was at risk :)
for injuries, you might go with the news, from other sources of course as FIFA is not that hot on the news...
otoh, once the lineups are out you just go with the actual 11 you see there, but you can't take decisions in advance... that's why I wait till the last moment to perform the switches in the game lineup (I'm lucky I can afford it, barring forgetfulness or mobile connection problems)

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 07:34:28
I find the small red (suspended), grey (injured/unavailable) and yellow (suspension risk) dots in the lineups

Wow, didn't notice that

MoSe
01-07-2014, 07:49:59
Most of my changes were for the Germany Algeria game.
... Benzema who I then swapped for an Algerian.
2 of mine aren't playing, dunno why
I had 5 Algerians too, all costing 1M (that didn't prevent me to invest the spared Ms on the wrong assets...)

after the Matuidi and Musa counterperformances in the afternoon, I had a few spots where I felt I could still improve the score, and I had still 3 "reliable subs" to bring in in today matches

As I felt "covered" enough with the current GK score (and no safety parachute left there), I ruled out Mbolhi
( who incredibly despite the -1 for two goals conceded, ended with a record 14p! 11 saves and +1 Saves Bonus too!!!)

had Djabou as Fwd (Slimani costed 2M and in the market I decided I couldn't afford him...) who had played 150' in 2 matches with a goal
then Bentaleb in midfield who had played 3 full group matches with overall 19pts (6+ avg)
finally Hallice (3 full matches too with a goal and 21p)
and Belkalem (only last match vs Russia for 8p, and one minute vs Korea

so had decided to field Djabou, Bentaleb & Hallice in a 3-4-3, leaving Belkalem on the bench

then I get home 10' before kick off, and find out that Halilodzic decided to change module and reorganise the defense
Bentaleb wasn't reported as injured and didn't perform bad in the group, but was left on the bench
3 fullbacks were brought in defense, with Belkalem confirmed from Russia
so I hastily moved out Bentaleb, switched to 4-3-3 and fielded Belkalem
Djabou started from bench, I though I have Messi anyway, and maybe someone else injury, underperformance, or the final rush will give him a chance to get in
I thought 2 defenders vs Germany.. not much chances, but who knows...
... and approaching 90' I was shouting for Algeria winning 1-0 so the game wouldn't extend into extra time and I could secure a double CS! :lol:

I though all was turning bleak, CS vanished, Ger goal not by Muller who wasn't evevn awarded the assist...
what a thrill!
Germany clearly deserved, but their defense was rather shaky and got exposed several times
Mbolhi got 14p and Man of teh Match,
Neuer just 7p (Algeria had far less shots on target), but he saved the goal at least 3 time by rushing out of the box and anticipating the forwards break claring like a sweeper. He saved the match for Germany!

MoSe
01-07-2014, 07:50:36
Wow, didn't notice that

it took me 3 rounds to realize it as well! :D

MoSe
01-07-2014, 08:45:48
enough mosebabble :D
back to data

BRA COL NED CRC FRA GER sub ARG
team Grp CHI URU MEX GRE NGA ALG R16 6/8 chg SUI TOT
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 + 7 +21 = +94 411 -17 - 394
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 + 6 +30 = +93 364 - 4 - 360
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - +10 - 7 = +40 334 - - 334
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 + 0 +11 = +66 291 - - 291
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 + 0 +12 = +85 275 - - 275

Matt had best returns from yesterday matches, and leapfrogged nolers who stopped in his tracks (did he leave all his players for today?)

I won't keep mysteries at this point, with just 2 matches to go for the round
I still only have 3 men to play:

ARG Messi and Di Maria*
BEL Van Buyten

(*suffered decision in the market: I had at one point Kroos & Lahm, both 7M. Decided at last moment to switch to 7.5M Di Maria, and having to fall back by 0.5M, amongst the 6.5M midf I picked Matuidi who then only scored 4.
I hope Di Maria won't flop either, he didn't shine in the group matches, this might be his moment to step up vs Sui. Lahm got 10p and Kroos 6p... would need a 12 to make my switch even at least, lol)

Barring any last minute surprises (like group phase top scorer Hummels who was out with a flu), before next match I will have to drop:

-5p moving out Neymar (:p) for Messi, who'll get the band too
-7p for moving Captaincy from Muller to Messi indeed
-5p to make room for Di Maria

I have three 5-pointers in the 11 now: 1 in Midfield (Borges) and 2 in Defense (Manolas & Halliche).
If I drop the midfielder, and then Di Maria gets less than 5, I'd be stuck with 4-3-3 and with him as my last sub is a Def. So I'll drop one defender, switching to 3-4-3 again.
This will allow me the flexibility to keep 3-4-3 if both Argies get >5 as I hope, or to switch to 4-3-3 or even 4-4-2 should either get <5 :nonono:

thus -17pts before today match starts
(changes to take place not earlier than 1 hour in advance, albeit already reported in the table above)

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 09:22:09
So you think 5 pointers are to swap out?

MoSe
01-07-2014, 09:48:16
Just to add a little chat about injured players, and matches to come.

Belgium had Kompany and Vermaelen unavailable in defense for last match vs Korea 5 days ago.
Heard in tv match previews that they doubt to recover Kompany, and probably Vermaelen neither. Van Den Borre is definitely out too for the WC (broken ankle IIRC)

This would leave them with Van Buyten, Vertonghen, Alderweireld & Lombaerts in the back (plus someone Ciman ...who?).
VB is the only one who played 3 full matches, so there should be no surprises there :)

He's not cautioned, as are instead 2 of the others
He didn't score nor record assists, whereas Vertonghen scored the winner vs Korea.
In career tho VB has 10g/82caps (1 in 8.2) whil Vert just 5g/59caps (1 in 11.8).

I had Vertonghen in the groups squad (as did Funko), and he scored 20 overall, but unevenly distributed: just 1p in 1st match, then 4, then 15 when he scored.
VB tallied 38pts, I don't know the disaggregate, without G nor A I figure his scores might have been evenly distributed.
3x 3p for playing, plus 2 CS makes 9+8=17 ...the remaining 21pts should then all come from defensive play extras
his profile reports 24 recovers and 4 blocks, with only 1 foul committed (Vert. 12, 0 and 3) this means you can expect a match average of 8 recovers (+4p) and 1 block (+2p); on top of that he always got Passes % bonus for another +1 (Vert. got none); these estimates are in line with the +7ppm xtras average

all this talk to say that I wonder why I overlooked VB for 4.5M in my first picks and took 5.5M Vertonghen instead
and that his "expected value" base should be 10pts...
Belgian defense only conceded 1 in 3 matches, USA scored 4 (2 vs GHA and 2 vs POR)
even if they don't hold americans goalless, benching 5 poingts to put in VB shouldn't be too high a risk... I hope... :D

Funko
01-07-2014, 10:28:37
Yeah, I wish I could do last minute player change outs. :( 4pm or 7pm kick offs I probably could.

MoSe
01-07-2014, 10:32:23
So you think 5 pointers are to swap out?

my current squad

pts pos player

9 GK Cillessen

16 DEF Belkalem
9 DEF Gonzalez
5 DEF Manolas
5 DEF Halliche
??? DEF Van Buyten

10 MID Valbuena
9 MID Cuadrado
5 MID Borges
??? MID Di Maria

??? ATT Messi
7 ATT Mueller
7 ATT Djabou
5 ATT Neymar

on my bench I also have two who scored 3, three with 4 and another one with 5 (who got subbed to bring in Matuidi who scored 4...)

if you mean "in general", I know thus all too well there's the risk to score less than 5
5 is a score you can "content" of without being "too" sad, if you haven't alternatives - of course a 5 from Neymar makes you angry

consider that if all your 11 score 5, your team score is 60 (with x2 C bonus), and that's rather disappointing

then in the specific case, you have to weigh the 5p against the sub you'd bring in, your hopes he scores better and the risk he brings less

with Messi, who also scored 10-11-14 in the groups I'd risk to bench even 7p :)
of course, both Neymar and Mueller scored 4 goals in teh groups, then flopped in R16. There's the risk Messi won't score either, but hopefully he'll get assists or points from other extras. And if his good spell goes on, the rewards can be higher than the risk.

Is Di Maria worth benching a 5?
that's more borderline... I said in one of the above posts in little print
I took a bit of a gamble with him in the market. He averaged almost 7 in the groups. (*)

Is Van Buyten worth benching a 5?
so far, this should be a little "safer" investment; he might not peak, but he shouldn't fall.
(*)And he's my last fail-safe, in case Di Maria gets <5 which is a possibility, I can always bench the Argie for VB, see above

of course they might all fail, but then I wouldn't even play :D
should I content of the 94 I got in the round so far? that's the same score I got in 1st round after all
what I'm here for tho if I have Messi and leave him on the bench

if I get 3 1s, well, I'll whine a bit about bad luck and stick with 80p
if instead thing go just a bit as they should, the 94p can turn into 105 or more
that's not the record 126 I got last round, but seeing how this round started, it would be a score I'd be happy with, some satisfaction for the effort
after all nolers got a 110, and Matt a 103 and 104 in previous rounds, I'd be in their league ;)

MoSe
01-07-2014, 11:38:19
taking another approach, let's see what happened in previous rounds

my final 11 on the field

1st round
Def: 5p Lichtsteiner, 4p Manolas, 1p Vertonghen who I coud not sub anymore (6p Bouguerra left on the bench)
Mid: 3p Iniesta (no other playng midf in the squad)
Att: 5p Choupo (3p Dzeko & Eto'o on the bench)
pitch-points breakdown: 14C-12-11-9-8-8-5-5-4-3-1

2nd round
Def: 2p Bouguerra (on bench: 5p Medjani, 4p Vertonghen, 3p Lichtsteiner, so I subbed for worse here, but wouldn't have got >5)
Mid: 6p Iniesta & Pjanic
Att: 5p Choupo (3p Dzeko on the bench)
pitch-points breakdown: 13-12-11-11-10C-10-7-6-6*-5-2
(*I played in 10 men by benching Pjanic for a misclick, but he'd got 6)

3rd round, no 5-pointers on the pitch
GK: 8p Cillessen so I didn't risk benching him (Lloris left on bench then got 10p vs Ecu)
Def: 6p Torosidis (5p Medjani left on bench, OK here)
Att: 6p Choupo (didn't risk/trust Dzeko to get more, but he did: 8p)
pitch-points breakdown: 15-15-14-14-12C-9-8-8-7-6-6

1st: 2 5ers, 3 worse, 1 >5 on bench
2nd: 1 5er, 1 worse, no >5 on bench
3rd: all >5, still I could have got twice +2 by risking to swap >5 based on reasonable assumptions

so yes, 5-pointers are often swap candidates if you have the chance

current R16: 16-10-9-9-9-7C-7-5-5-5-5

Walrus Feeder
01-07-2014, 11:49:53
I'm glad i've waited until noon today to inspect last night's scores. Muller (or Mueller as he now seems to be called) has been credited with the assist and after being disappointed Mertesacker was denied a clean sheet in the final minute i see he got 12 points so happy with him as captain getting 24. Strange though as i selected Bentaleb and he didn't play and i see i had Medhi Lacen (didn't hear him mentioned during game) who got 10!

How about this for my keepers too:

Cillesen: 9pts
Lloris: 10pts
Mbolhi: 14pts

I didn't change Cillesen as thought 9 was good enough.

Just Vertonghen and Rojo to come in for me today.

Walrus Feeder
01-07-2014, 11:53:54
I know my friend Nolers has been in Paris over the weekend celebrating his first wedding anniversary. He texted me last night to say he didn't get round to doing any transfers after the group stages. Talk about getting your priorities right!

MoSe
01-07-2014, 12:14:50
:beer:

similar choices with the team and the keepers, I see :)

MoSe
01-07-2014, 12:19:59
Muller (or Mueller as he now seems to be called)

he's Müller :)
if you don't have the ü, in german you can substitute it writing ue
if you're not german and you can't bother, you just write u :D

MoSe
01-07-2014, 12:42:27
as we learned to notice, defenders get higher scores than goalscorers themselves

FRA 15 DEF 5.5 14 Mathieu DEBUCHY
FRA 19 DEF 6 14 Raphael VARANE
FRA 13 MID 6.5 11 Paul POGBA
FRA 22 GK 6.5 11 Hugo LLORIS
FRA 17 MID 5 10 Mathieu VALBUENA
FRA 13 DEF 6 9 Laurent KOSCIELNY
FRA 13 MID 6 9 Yohan CABAYE
FRA 14 DEF 5.5 8 Patrice EVRA
FRA 24 MID 6.5 4 Blaise MATUIDI
FRA 34 ATT 8.5 4 Karim BENZEMA
FRA 13 ATT 6 3 Olivier GIROUD
FRA 11 ATT 6 2 Antoine GRIEZMANN
FRA 19 MID 5 1 Moussa SISSOKO

NGA 31 DEF 4 8 Kenneth OMERUO
NGA 18 MID 5 7 John Obi MIKEL
NGA 33 GK 5 6 Vincent ENYEAMA
NGA 3 ATT 6 6 Victor MOSES
NGA 26 DEF 5 5 Efe AMBROSE
NGA 0 MID 3.5 4 Ruben GABRIEL
NGA 25 DEF 4 4 Juwon OSHANIWA
NGA 16 ATT 4.5 4 Peter ODEMWINGIE
NGA 23 ATT 4.5 4 Ahmed MUSA
NGA 24 MID 5 4 Ogenyi ONAZI
NGA 24 DEF 4.5 3 Joseph YOBO
NGA 16 ATT 6 3 Emmanuel EMENIKE
NGA 1 ATT 3.5 1 Uche NWOFOR

GER 26 DEF 6 12 Jerome BOATENG
GER 29 DEF 6.5 12 Per MERTESACKER
GER 15 MID 8 11 Mesut OEZIL
GER 2 ATT 6.5 10 Andre SCHUERRLE
GER 26 MID 7 10 Philipp LAHM
GER 29 DEF 6 8 Benedikt HOEWEDES
GER 25 GK 7 7 Manuel NEUER
GER 36 ATT 8 7 Thomas MUELLER
GER 24 MID 7 6 Toni KROOS
GER 10 MID 7.5 6 Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER
GER 10 MID 6.5 5 Sami KHEDIRA
GER 14 ATT 7.5 4 Mario GOETZE
GER 3 DEF 5 3 Shkodran MUSTAFI
GER 0 MID 4.5 1 Christoph KRAMER

ALG 9 DEF 1 16 Esseid BELKALEM
ALG 19 GK 1 14 Rais MBOLHI
ALG 2 MID 1.5 10 Medhi LACEN
ALG 22 ATT 4.5 10 Sofiane FEGHOULI
ALG 4 DEF 4.5 9 Faouzi GHOULAM
ALG 19 ATT 1 7 Abdelmoumene DJABOU
ALG 3 MID 2 6 Mehdi MOSTEFA
ALG 21 DEF 1 5 Rafik HALLICHE
ALG 8 DEF 2 5 Madjid BOUGUERRA
ALG 11 DEF 2 5 Aissa MANDI
ALG 5 ATT 3.5 4 El Arabi SOUDANI
ALG 4 MID 4.5 4 Saphir TAIDER
ALG 23 ATT 2 2 Islam SLIMANI
ALG 16 MID 3.5 2 Yacine BRAHIMI

MoSe
01-07-2014, 12:58:30

Total score: 140 +15C =155
Cost: 64M
Avg.score in group phase: 23.3
Ideal Formation: 5-3-2

ALG 19 GK 1 14 Rais MBOLHI

ALG 9 DEF 1 16 Esseid BELKALEM
FRA 15 DEF 5.5 14 Mathieu DEBUCHY
FRA 19 DEF 6 14 Raphael VARANE

FRA 13 MID 6.5 11 Paul POGBA
GER 15 MID 8 11 Mesut OEZIL

revenge in the midfield

total score: 150 +16C = 166
Cost: 59M
Avg.Group score: 18.5
Ideal Formation: 5-4-1

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 15:31:38
consider that if all your 11 score 5, your team score is 60 (with x2 C bonus), and that's rather disappointing

You're mocking me, arent' you?

MoSe
01-07-2014, 16:16:13
:p I didn't intend to rub salt... :cute:
I'm sure your own ambitions were higher too :beer:

MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 + 7 +21 = +94 411 -17 +13 407
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 + 6 +30 = +93 364 - 4 + 3 363
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - +10 - 7 = +40 334 - +15 349
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 + 0 +11 = +66 291 - + 5 296
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 + 0 +12 = +85 275 - 5 + 6 276

this round for instance, when you could do tranfers, you improved to 80pts currently, and you'll probably grow even higher: who do you still have to play?
with latest swaps I dropped back to 77pts, so atm you're scoring better than me in the round

I'm fielding Messi & Di Maria, and Van buyten later
Matt said above Rojo now, and then Vertonghen

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 16:24:05
Still 3 free spots.

Rojo and Gago this afternoon.
Tonite Brooks? Fellaini Origi

MoSe
01-07-2014, 17:25:33
remember 2p is the basic score for minutes played

ARG 21 GK 6 6 Sergio ROMERO
ARG 27 DEF 5.5 5 Ezequiel GARAY
ARG 29 DEF 5 5 Federico FERNANDEZ
ARG 28 MID 7 4 Javier MASCHERANO
ARG 35 ATT 10 3 Lionel MESSI
ARG 7 ATT 6 3 Ezequiel LAVEZZI
ARG 19 MID 4.5 3 Fernando GAGO
ARG 13 ATT 8 2 Gonzalo HIGUAIN
ARG 20 MID 7.5 2 Angel DI MARIA
ARG 20 DEF 6 2 Pablo ZABALETA
ARG 32 DEF 4 2 Marcos ROJO

SUI 32 DEF 5.5 6 Ricardo RODRIGUEZ
SUI 30 GK 5.5 6 Diego BENAGLIO
SUI 27 DEF 4.5 4 Johan DJOUROU
SUI 14 ATT 6.5 3 Josip DRMIC
SUI 24 MID 6 3 Gokhan INLER
SUI 17 MID 6 3 Valon BEHRAMI
SUI 23 DEF 5.5 3 Stephan LICHTSTEINER
SUI 21 ATT 5 3 Admir MEHMEDI
SUI 31 MID 7 2 Xherdan SHAQIRI
SUI 17 MID 6 2 Granit XHAKA
SUI 9 DEF 5 2 Fabian SCHAER

update:Messi just up to 4p :)
more: Di Maria up too to 3p
- Rojo denied! :D

MoSe
01-07-2014, 17:42:50
3p for >60' kicked in for me (waiting yours to update...)
MAce 317 +10 +13 + 6 +37 + 7 +21 = +94 411 -17 +23 417
Matt 271 +10 +23 +16 + 8 + 6 +30 = +93 364 - 4 + 4 364
noler 294 +17 +14 + 6 - +10 - 7 = +40 334 - +28 362
Funko 225 +15 +28 - 1 +13 + 0 +11 = +66 291 - + 8 299
Fist 190 +19 +32 +17 + 5 + 0 +12 = +85 275 - 5 +10 280

Messi 6p (Cx2=12), shot just high
Di Maria is getting butchered by swiss landsknechts! how many fouls did he suffer yet?
just broke even for this match 2 swaps

Palacio in for Lavezzi, in time to waste a Messi assist ;)
...should match go to extra time, more chances for the scores to increase...

PENALTY! ...NOT! :(
___
as it happened yesterday, Di Maria had got up to 5p with a +2 for balls recovered, now he's back to +1...
"unrecovered" balls again? are they "reviewing" credits real time? :(

Rojo booked :cute: and misses next (eventual) match
___
EXTRA TIME
for Fist & Matt having Rojo: he got subbed (by Basanta),
his 4p score is final, of course he'll get a further +4 if Arg keeps the Clean Sheet till 120'

in Biglia too, out Gago with 6p (+1 for the eventual midf CS)
changes over for Sabella, this means tired Di Maria will play till the end
now he has 5p, hopefully he won't gat a -1 for a caution, or 3 fouls...
damn, he almost scored!

in the meanwhile, nolers almost caught back Matt in the table

Last sub Dzemaili... beware last-gasp long-distance missiles... :nervous:

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 18:13:09
As long as he gets a damn clean sheet it's ok being booked :p

Fistandantilus
01-07-2014, 18:33:01
for Fist & Matt having Rojo: he got subbed (by Basanta), his score is final, of course he'll get a further +4 if Arg keeps the Clean Sheet till 120'

He should get +4 even if the Swiss score. In the fantasy premier League works that way if you're subbed before conceding.