PDA

View Full Version : Was this ever completed?

BigGameHunter
23-04-2014, 17:07:58
http://cg-lwp.blogspot.com/

I'd like to give it a listen, but can't seem to see any actual links to the music.

Also...I think it may be time for another...!!

Also...Hi!

jsorense
23-04-2014, 17:10:38
Welcome back BGH.
What is new with you? :beer:

BigGameHunter
23-04-2014, 17:24:06
I'd love to say "I'm back" for good. I get such a warm fuzzy when I read old CG threads and have a real fondness for that time/these people...but I'm kind of fucked up right now lol and can't commit to anything!

I got my ass out of retail (was "terminated with prejudice") and have been on "sabbatical" (unemployed and loving it) for just over a year!! How the fuck did that happen?!? Mrs. BGH immediately went out and got a tolerable, good paying job (how the fuck did that happen?!?) so I should have about twelve million posts on here...but don't.

I am struggling with the realization that I have a raging case of ADD and probably some very real anxiety and paranoia/agoraphobia issues. I take Adderall but it just makes me feel like a speed freak and aside from some weight loss (yes! health through drugs!!) I don't see the advantages...and it seems to have set me back even further lol. Oh well...I HAVE managed to organize my vinyl collection, comic collection, CD collection etc. It's just the rest of the house that has fallen completely apart. My boys are doing really well in school, so I take a little credit for that, and my youngest is a budding basketball phenom, which I also take credit for, as I've spent shitloads of money and time on instruction and ferrying him around the city to trainers and such.
Want to start my own business but afraid in my current state my ideas would fall flat and I'd lose what little nest egg I have saved up. Rarely leave the house...

:) How about the rest of you?

zmama
23-04-2014, 18:42:09
Howdy!! *hugs* agoraphobia, been there got the gold star. Took a major health crisis and a very smart nurse that asked the right questions to get me help. I actually go outside and go to concerts now. Yeah doesn't seem like much but it's a biggie when you haven't gone outside for a couple years. Must be something we caught from CG ;)

paiktis
23-04-2014, 18:52:47
Yeah, whatever BGH. You're of the kind of people that are saved.
They are saved from birth. I remember almost 15 years ago you brought up kazantzakis out of the blue.
You're saved. You're alright.
Great for your kids. And great for basketball.
I'm wandering if I ever will get to teach my son how to play basketball, seeing as the SO cannot have children or it might kill her. (weak heart condition)
So I'm kind of caught in the straits, because I really love her.
That's how things are with me.
Good to hear from you :beer:

Venom
23-04-2014, 20:38:03
I"m a huge pile of shit and my life is mess. Same ol' same ol' really.

Koshko
23-04-2014, 21:48:10
I don't have a problem with the outside other than the lack of tv and internet. I just don't want to deal with people.

jsorense
23-04-2014, 23:19:42
Ha! Ha! Other people have problems and my life is, and will ever be, perfect.
See you in the funny farm losers. :)

mr_B
24-04-2014, 07:52:30
come on BGH, don't take credit for Z's bball talent.
That's too much man

BigGameHunter
25-04-2014, 18:18:53
Ok...I will take credit for the CULTIVATION of his talent!! :)
I don't know what is worse...being a total fuck up and not knowing why, or being one and knowing why but not how to go about fixing it??? I volunteered at Zane's school yesterday and had a lot of fun with the kids showing me their science fair projects, but I just can't wrap my head around adult interactions and have always been bad at playing the "passive aggressive" game that goes on in the world of "grownups". I end up being completely, brutally honest with people after I've had enough slap and tickle and it blows their mind and suddenly I'M the crazy one lol. Whatever. Who wants to start a commune where we never interact or our stupid behavior is considered acceptable??
Paiktis--there are TONS of kids needing to be adopted, or, at the very least, coached, taught, mentored etc. You don't have to biologically produce a child to be a parent/mentor...many DO and aren't!!! I know it's not the same blah blah blah but love is where you find it...

BigGameHunter
25-04-2014, 18:22:34
Zmama...you doing this with or without pharms? If that's to personal I understand but I don't think handing somebody 2 bottles of Adderall and saying "experiment!" when they may very well have a combination of issues has been my talky doctor's best move. I can focus and task but not with any real control...I can stack BB's all day long now but prioritization is at an all time low, and the social isolation and periods of depression/anxiety/paranoia seem worse. The cure is worse than the disease it seems!!

zmama
25-04-2014, 18:51:53
I'm doing it with meds and therapy...an anti-depressant (zoloft) and an anti-psychotic (zyprexa). I really could feel the stress melting a bit with the drugs and the talk (with homework!) helps me cope. It could possibly be PTSD from some bad stuff long ago. Taking the huge brain tumor off my frontal lobe helped a bit too ;)

jsorense
26-04-2014, 15:05:45
Drugs and therapy is working for me, after hit and miss, mostly miss, for a decade. :tizzy:

C.G.B. Spender
26-04-2014, 16:23:12
All hail SSRI. :bounce:

BigGameHunter
27-04-2014, 16:15:26
I wonder why my doc is so pro speed and seems disinterested in SSRI's? Typical bullshit western medicine--we'll do one "survey test", label you as ADD and not even bother to dig deeper and see if the ADD symptoms are actually part of something larger. Ugh. If I could write my own scripts I bet I'd get the job done just fine.

Funko
28-04-2014, 10:33:33
Hi BGH - looks like the thing we were using for the tracklist is now dead. 5 years is a long time on the internet.

Mr. Bas
28-04-2014, 10:46:57
Mmmm... drugs.

The Mad Monk
28-04-2014, 18:40:56
Mmmm...OHMYGODTHEBUGSGETTHEMOFFGETTHEMOFFGETTHEMOF F

zmama
28-04-2014, 20:21:09
I think I'll skip what he's having.

mr_B
30-04-2014, 07:04:36
Was this ever completed?