PDA

View Full Version : a stroll

paiktis
09-02-2014, 14:47:33
today I was too fed up with doing nothing yesterday so I took a stroll for 3 hours.
I walked through the carbo bays of human misery, the closets where this city's elite hides its cheap labor force, the worn out pavements, bus living for moldavia and romania, huges churches, neighborhoods "cleared" by the golden dawn.
I saw elderly women and elderly couples walking in broad daylight, the only time this city is theirs too, I saw immigrants scraping a living.
Under the sun, the scared stares diminish. Under the sun everything is less frightening, more open. If it's the athenian sun, it dripples some kind of magic down here too.
I made my way to the old part of town. Where grandpa had his business. The neoclassical buildings and other old, old buildings held a myriad stories inside their bossoms the human misery lifted and was gradually being replaced with tourists from all over the world.
I let the eastern aromas from the nearby stores to fill my lungs. The east is always sweet, comforting.
I kept walking inside the ancient roman agora, then on to the ancient stadiums and finally to the acropolis.
There were fwe athenians here. Most all of them were people from the countryside and tourists. All of them looked awe inspired and happy.
Children were playing on the rocky little hills. Small children. The greek ones extrovert, running around shouting, pushing making a wonderful rockus.
The foreign children were fewer and more reserved.
Then I climbed on top of the hill next to the acropolis and let my gaze shower down athens.
The sun had bleached the city. It was as if all its ugliness was temporarily excused, washed off by the sunrays.
Then I called the SO and she had a negative worrysome discussion with her mom. She didn't tell me more and I didn't enquire.
Then I sat down and had a cup of coffee just watching the people walk by.
Couples walking with their kids. Smart people, dumb people, narcisists, altruists, the sun was so bright, it made room for everybody.
Then I took the bus back home to the bowels of this city's centre.
Even that was beautiful.
back at pnika I saw a mom telling her kid that that's where many people came together and discussed their problems. The kid seemed more interested in catching a butterfly from the branch of some tree.
I also tried to find the hamams that are reportedly there but I failed again.
Someother time.

MDA
09-02-2014, 21:00:08
sorry drunk

MDA
09-02-2014, 21:06:06
sorry drunk

zmama
09-02-2014, 21:15:14
Happy drunk

jsorense
10-02-2014, 00:10:13
Writing forum. :D

Venom
10-02-2014, 03:47:07
Not paiktis enough.

FUCK NIGGERS! FUCK GERMANS! FUCK AMERICANS! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!

The Mad Monk
10-02-2014, 13:05:11
today I was too fed up with doing nothing yesterday so I took a stroll for 3 hours.
I walked through the carbo bays of human misery, the closets where this city's elite hides its cheap labor force, the worn out pavements, bus living for moldavia and romania, huges churches, neighborhoods "cleared" by the golden dawn.
I saw elderly women and elderly couples walking in broad daylight, the only time this city is theirs too, I saw immigrants scraping a living.
Under the sun, the scared stares diminish. Under the sun everything is less frightening, more open. If it's the athenian sun, it dripples some kind of magic down here too.
I made my way to the old part of town. Where grandpa had his business. The neoclassical buildings and other old, old buildings held a myriad stories inside their bossoms the human misery lifted and was gradually being replaced with tourists from all over the world.
I let the eastern aromas from the nearby stores to fill my lungs. The east is always sweet, comforting.
I kept walking inside the ancient roman agora, then on to the ancient stadiums and finally to the acropolis.
There were fwe athenians here. Most all of them were people from the countryside and tourists. All of them looked awe inspired and happy.
Children were playing on the rocky little hills. Small children. The greek ones extrovert, running around shouting, pushing making a wonderful rockus.
The foreign children were fewer and more reserved.
Then I climbed on top of the hill next to the acropolis and let my gaze shower down athens.
The sun had bleached the city. It was as if all its ugliness was temporarily excused, washed off by the sunrays.
Then I called the SO and she had a negative worrysome discussion with her mom. She didn't tell me more and I didn't enquire.
Then I sat down and had a cup of coffee just watching the people walk by.
Couples walking with their kids. Smart people, dumb people, narcisists, altruists, the sun was so bright, it made room for everybody.
Then I took the bus back home to the bowels of this city's centre.
Even that was beautiful.
back at pnika I saw a mom telling her kid that that's where many people came together and discussed their problems. The kid seemed more interested in catching a butterfly from the branch of some tree.
I also tried to find the hamams that are reportedly there but I failed again.
Someother time.

Safety quote!