PDA

View Full Version : extraculicural activities

paiktis
12-01-2014, 20:34:55
i wonder what people do to fill their time.
it's all work sleep work sleep with the occasional theater etc with the SO.
I'm thinking about doing something else like going to the gym but i'm not a very gymnastics person. then there were two gyms where i live and they both closed.
then i cant have the car parked on the street because it gets broken into.
i don't want to pay for a private parking lot because there's no money.
but then i get the urge sometimes to do something athletic like basketball.
i did manage once to go to a field but i'm not a teenager anymore and most people who played there were young and they kicked my butt. I used to be good but compared to them i'm old. They did have respect for the oldtimer though. But their stamina is off the charts.

tennis? i thought of it as elitist and so i didnt like it but it seems to be more you know, calm.

or i could try and get the car back out in the open again instead of where i have parked permanantly. maybe they won't break into it so much now?

because it's also a need to escape from that cement jungle once in a while. just go to those big parks, but you need a car for that (otherwise you really dont need it, mass transit is very good)

plus there's this money issue. it's getting really really really tight. and that makes me just to want to crawl home and play skyrim.

there are those mountainiring clubs. those sound like a very good deal. you get membership and they organize all sorts of excursions which are affordable and these excursions are at mountains, archaiological sites that are on top of mountains, and also valleys walks etc. There are some that are extreme but there are others that are more accessible.
again how can i go there by myself?
wouldnt that feel a bit... i dont know... strange?
SO has no stamina/will for that.

like maybe on weekends they organize these long climbing walks and there's something of interest at the end. like ancient ruins that are far away up on the mountain and stuff like that. plus they calculate the walk time and also the difficulty so you know beforehand.
i dont know. something that has to do with nature would be very welcomed.

Oerdin
12-01-2014, 22:51:36
I do competitive toilet bowl racing. Watch the bumps though because the splash back can get outrageous.

http://i43.tinypic.com/11v07c3.jpg

Mr. Bas
13-01-2014, 10:38:43
I drink.:beer:

Finn Willi (5)
13-01-2014, 15:10:13
Gaming.
:nerd:

But I might change that, these toilet races look great!

C.G.B. Spender
13-01-2014, 15:24:05
Looks like an activity for your brother

zmama
13-01-2014, 15:45:44
I do Imperialist things

MOBIUS
13-01-2014, 16:07:38
I'm a member of the Tiger Bay Ramblers. They do a similar sort of thing. But I'm too lazy.

Beta1
18-01-2014, 19:09:52
Wake - Look after kids - work (look after kids) - come home (look after kids) - Put kids to bed - Try to remember what I was meant to do that evening - Prepare for looking after kids - Sleep

Repeat.

MOBIUS
20-01-2014, 11:16:32
Wow. Kids sound worse than video games.

Funko
20-01-2014, 14:01:47
It's cool though, if you keep them alive for a year you get to prepare a party for them levelling up.

zmama
20-01-2014, 14:46:14
With icewine for Mum