PDA

View Full Version : Furloughed!

MDA
01-10-2013, 13:47:53
7-ish hour days until our industry user fees run out, probably Friday. :beer:

Government workers, forbidden to do their jobs because Congress doesn't do theirs. Can't have regular bureaucrats making them look bad.

zmama
01-10-2013, 14:31:37
sigh, enjoy I guess? My cousin's family is Air Force, since they won't get paid means he won't have to go on his tour? Yeah I know, no such luck. Like many are saying, I wish the Kahn...gress had to go without pay too!

MOBIUS
01-10-2013, 14:50:27
7-ish hour days until our industry user fees run out, probably Friday. :beer:

Government workers, forbidden to do their jobs because Congress doesn't do theirs. Can't have regular bureaucrats making them look bad.

This is insanity on a whole new level!:rolleyes:

MDA
01-10-2013, 14:53:14
Military and other "vital" government work gets paid, so there's that at least.

I've filled out four timesheets already today. I'm not wasting time redoing more until they figure out what they want and stop wasting what little time I have left to meet my "mandated by federal law" deadlines. :tizzy:

zmama
01-10-2013, 14:55:49
:tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy:

Deserves at least 5 Tizzys!

MDA
01-10-2013, 15:17:54
:lol: I just got a direct order to resubmit my fifth timecard. This time without the "sorry, you're probably going to have to do it again later", warning.

I think our timekeepers have less time left allotted to finish up than the rest of us do, so I'm not sure what burying them in incorrect timecards, both electronic and paper(?!!), is going to do.

The Mad Monk
01-10-2013, 15:17:59
Shutdowns have worked to force issues the past seventeen times they have occurred. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_shutdown#List_of_U.S._government_shutdo wns)

No need to panic just yet. ;)

MDA
01-10-2013, 15:33:12
No panic, I think we can last a couple months before we have to start liquidating our retirement. :p

Wow, 1977 was in interesting year. Plus, Star Wars!

zmama
01-10-2013, 15:45:44
No panic here either, just wanna kick a few inna fork. :tizzy:

The Mad Monk
01-10-2013, 15:52:47
No panic, I think we can last a couple months before we have to start liquidating our retirement. :p

Wow, 1977 was in interesting year. Plus, Star Wars!

Just think, Carter managed that with a friendly Congress. :gasmaske_eek:

Funko
01-10-2013, 16:04:30
The US political system is INSANE.

Carry on.

Funko
01-10-2013, 16:08:52
I can suggest one simple change that will prevent this ever happening again.

All the involved politicans also have their pay stopped until something is agreed.

zmama
01-10-2013, 16:17:13
Or better yet, have um all go on foodstamps :D

The Mad Monk
01-10-2013, 16:17:51
Nobody will disagree with that.

Except Congress.

MDA
01-10-2013, 16:21:49

I should have said "gets paid, eventually". Big difference when there are bills to pay.

zmama
01-10-2013, 16:33:27
Yeah I hope my cousin asks for help if she needs it. None of the family is rich but a couple of bucks might help.

zmama
01-10-2013, 17:10:16
And the definitive answer to the shutdown

http://www.theonion.com/articles/what-a-government-shutdown-means-for-you,34052/

MDA
01-10-2013, 17:20:16
If you pronounce it "furluffed", it feels even more right.

I mean wrong. It feels wrong.

Also, Farscape reference!

Oerdin
01-10-2013, 18:37:46

I've filled out four timesheets already today. I'm not wasting time redoing more until they figure out what they want and stop wasting what little time I have left to meet my "mandated by federal law" deadlines. :tizzy:

Military will not get paid.

MDA
01-10-2013, 19:39:08
My understanding is that they will, but not on time.

I corrected that a few posts back. You aren't hanging on every word I write?

Edit: so on the news tonight, they say the military is flat out getting paid as usual :confused:

zmama
02-10-2013, 13:23:37
Curious, what happens with lab experiments and such?

MDA
02-10-2013, 13:36:30
Resident Evil!

not sure what happens exactly, but here's NIH/CDC info:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57605550/nih-cdc-feeling-government-shutdowns-effects/

looks like clinical research in progress will continue, but nothing new will start

MDA
02-10-2013, 13:43:15
http://www.ibtimes.com/us-government-shutdown-science-curiosity-goes-sleep-flu-monitoring-goes-offline-update-1412850

more good stuff - people researching on government grants won't get new funding, but aren't government employees and can keep working. Nothing stops the enslavement of graduate students.

zmama
02-10-2013, 14:54:42
What are these student things? Oh, the things that set couches on fire and toss them out of windows?

Funko
02-10-2013, 15:07:08
Ah well at least Congress is taking care of the interests of whichever shareholders are profiting from your ridiculous healthcare system.

zmama
02-10-2013, 15:19:27
YAY!

MDA
02-10-2013, 16:52:39
fix hospital group purchasing organizations!

Lurker
02-10-2013, 17:06:30
All I know is that those stupid fools better get this shit sorted out before it fucks with my fishing trip next week to Yellowstone. :mad:

Lurker
02-10-2013, 17:07:26
I thought military was to keep getting paid. Maybe not civilian contractors?

MDA
02-10-2013, 17:27:54
The first thing I heard was they'd get back pay when it was over, then later I heard they were getting paid normally.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/government-shutdown-senate-sends-obama-military-pay-bill-97582.html

The House-passed bill to ensure the military is paid was approved without dissent in the Senate on Monday — a rare bipartisan agreement as Congress stumbled toward midnight when the fiscal year ends and current appropriations expire.

The Mad Monk
02-10-2013, 17:34:31
So, who's watching the WWII Memorial situation, and how hard are you laughing?

MDA
02-10-2013, 18:02:09
no way anyone with a working brain stops those guys from doing whatever they please :lol:

I wonder if any of them would be willing to run for office?

The Mad Monk
02-10-2013, 18:06:24
If anyone doesn't have a working brain, it's these guys. :gasmaske:

-- National Park Officials closed down the educational Claude Moore Colonial Farm near the CIA in McLean, Va., even though the federal government doesn't fund or staff the park popular with children and schools. Just because the privately-operated park is on Park Service land, making the federal government simply its landlord, the agency decided to close it.

A Claude Moore Colonial Farm official said that the privately-funded staff is on the job Wednesday, but barred from letting anybody visit the historically accurate buildings or animals. Anna Eberly, the managing director, sent out an email decrying the decision and rude National Park Service staff handling the closure.

Pointing to Park Service claims that parks have to be closed because the agency can’t afford staff during the government closure, Eberly wrote: “What utter crap. We have operated the Farm successfully for 32 years after the NPS cut the Farm from its budget in 1980 and are fully staffed and prepared to open today. But there are barricades at the Pavilions and entrance to the Farm. And if you were to park on the grass and visit on your own, you run the risk of being arrested. Of course, that will cost the NPS staff salaries to police the Farm against intruders while leaving it open will cost them nothing.”

She added: “In all the years I have worked with the National Park Service, first as a volunteer for six years in Richmond where I grew up, then as an NPS employee at the for eight very long years and now enjoyably as managing director for the last 32 years — I have never worked with a more arrogant, arbitrary and vindictive group representing the NPS. I deeply apologize that we have to disappoint you today by being closed but know that we are working while the National Park Service is not — as usual.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/shutdown-overreach-more-guards-at-wwii-memorial-than-benghazi-park-service-closes-park-it-doesnt-run/article/2536710

MDA
02-10-2013, 19:20:07
it's time for WW2 vets to visit the Claude Moore Colonial Farm!

zmama
02-10-2013, 20:38:22
And have a picnic! Is safe, Yogi was furrlowed. :D

Funko
03-10-2013, 07:51:35
Most succinct summary of the situation:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/02/veep-creator-armando-iannucci-on-making-a-government-shutdown-funny-armando-iannucci-talks-veep-shutdown-plot

"You have a constitution that only works if people compromise. If you decide not to compromise the whole thing grinds to halt and then you have this electorate, this population that feels absolutely left out."

MDA
03-10-2013, 11:41:16
:lol: it's not wrong

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 14:35:19
It gets better. By which I mean worse.

Seven stupid things the gov’t spent money on during the shutdown
9:23 PM 10/02/2013

Michael Bastasch

The government is shut down and thousands of government workers have been sent home. But will it save any money?

The shutdown in during the Clinton Presidency cost taxpayers about $1.5 billion in 22 days. According to IHS Global Insight, the shutdown could cost the U.S. economy $1.6 billion per week — and NBC News reported that the shutdown would cost $12.5 million per hour.

Here are seven things that the government, in all its wisdom, has opted to do during the current shutdown.

1. Federal agencies created new websites to tell visitors that they don’t have enough funding to run their old websites.

Federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the National Park Service, have created new splash pages to tell visitors that they don’t have enough money or manpower to maintain their normal websites. The Internal Revenue Service website will be active, but won’t be updated — at least they’re not auditing you.

According to USA Today, even Capitol Hill’s Twitter feed will be impacted. The newspaper reports that, “Twitter followers received a message from the architect of the U.S. Capitol proclaiming certain accounts will be inactive. A message posted on first lady Michelle Obama’s Twitter account said tweets would be limited ‘due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government.’”

2. The feds shut down the parking lot of Mt. Vernon, but not the park itself.

In another brilliant move, the National Park Service closed off the parking lot to Mt. Vernon, the home of the country’s first president George Washington. Since Mt. Vernon is privately owned, the NPS can’t shut down the park, so they instead opted to shut down the parking lot at the popular tourist attraction.

The news came from one brave man on Twitter who has been tweeting to the world all day about how the parking lot (well, at least one parking lot at the time this report was being written) was closed, despite Mt. Vernon officials saying it was open.

1 parking lot directly out front of Mount Vernon remains closed in spite of dispute with Park Service pic.twitter.com/8SoKfTllvj— Stephen Gutowski (@collegepolitico) October 2, 2013

3. A D.C-area canal is closed and had all the pumps taken off of it.

The National Park Service has actually had someone remove the handles off all the well pumps along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal that runs 184 miles from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland, according to sources. The NPS has also stationed officers in the park to make sure bikers don’t ride down closed bike paths and that no one can come near the scenic waterway.

Mike Nardolilli, president of the C&O Canal Trust, said in an email: “As you may be aware, our Federal Government has shut down for an indeterminate amount of time. What you may not have realized, however, is that the closure of the Federal Government means the closure of the C&O Canal National Historical Park and all other National Parks.”

However, rebellious bikers seem to be taking matters into their own hands and are using the closed trails due to lax enforcement.

4. Angry moms launch full-scale assault to reopen D.C. turtle park.

According to sources, angry moms near the Eastern Market are of Washington, D.C. have been diligently tearing down barriers erected by the National Park Service around Marion Park, or the turtle park as it is commonly referred to because of the fake turtles that children like to play on.

Sources said that the park was blocked off by park officials, but the source suspected that neighborhood moms have been taking down barriers to the park so their children could play there. In response, park officials keep erecting new ones, which the moms promptly tear down.

The park is extremely small and sort of seems pointless to block off.

5. Not closing parks near Democratic senators’ houses.

Sources tell TheDCNF that Lincoln Park in D.C., which maintained by the NPS, was not closed down, nor were any signs put up that indicated it was closed due to the government shutdown. According to the same source, it’s close to the homes of “quite a few” Democratic Senators, and the source has previously seen Montana Democratic Sen. Max Baucus walking in the park.

While Lincoln Park remains seemingly open for Baucus and other senators to go for a walk, national parks all across Montana have been closed down and thousands of tourists have been turned away.

The NPS did not respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment, probably because no one is working in their press office.

6. Posting park rangers at the WWII memorial to prevent rogue veterans from getting in.

Bus-loads of WWII veterans were forced to storm their own monument after it was blocked off by the National Park Service. A group of lawmakers led by Mississippi Republican Rep. Steven Palazzo pushed aside the park rangers’ barriers and allowed veterans to get into the memorial.

“Some idiot in government sent goons out there to set up barricades so they couldn’t see the monument. People had to spend hours setting up barricades where there are never barricades to prevent people from seeing the World War II monument because they’re trying to play a charade,” Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul said on Fox News’s “Hannity.”

7. The DoD is postponing the Navy-Air Force football game.

USA Today reports that the Department of Defense is postponing this weekend’s Navy vs. Air Force football game due to the government shutdown. The military has also suspended all other armed services athletic events until the shutdown is resolved.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/seven-stupid-things-the-govt-spent-money-on-during-the-shutdown/

The last item has been revised, in that the Navy-Air Force Game has been uncanceled due to outcry.

zmama
03-10-2013, 14:44:07
:lol: comedy is my favorite learning tool. :D

MDA
03-10-2013, 15:06:53
I kind of wonder if some mid-level NPS managers are pulling this crazy closing stuff because it allows them to keep as many employees as they can working "security" type jobs, when they would normally be laid off.

We've got a new employee that's due to have her first baby in less than a month. We just offered her husband a job on a related team, and there's no way to know if/when his paperwork will be processed and he can be given a start date.

Funko
03-10-2013, 15:32:23
"If it turns out that President Barack
Obama can made a deal with the most
intransigent, hardline, unreasonable,
totalitarian Mullahs in the world, but
not with Republicans, maybe he's not
the problem" - Jon Stewart

zmama
03-10-2013, 15:40:28
:lol:

Funko
03-10-2013, 15:42:30
1. Federal agencies created new websites to tell visitors that they don’t have enough funding to run their old websites.

Federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the National Park Service, have created new splash pages to tell visitors that they don’t have enough money or manpower to maintain their normal websites. The Internal Revenue Service website will be active, but won’t be updated — at least they’re not auditing you.

According to USA Today, even Capitol Hill’s Twitter feed will be impacted. The newspaper reports that, “Twitter followers received a message from the architect of the U.S. Capitol proclaiming certain accounts will be inactive. A message posted on first lady Michelle Obama’s Twitter account said tweets would be limited ‘due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government.’”

That one is totally sensible.

Splash pages != New Websites

And Splash Pages take up tiny fractions of the amount of hosting and server power of full websites, however they host stuff that'll also mean it takes a fraction of the cost to run. Either because they need fewer people maintaining servers/fewer servers or their hosting costs will be minimal.

I don't know enough about the other ones but wonder if there might be equally sensible reasons behind some of those.

I find it hard to believe someone in Obama's office is cherry picking what to close, the number of things run by the US government is too big and the risk of being found to have meddled is too high. And I'm not sure they are competent enough.

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 15:57:03
totalitarian Mullahs in the world, but
not with Republicans, maybe he's not
the problem" - Jon Stewart

Which mullahs are those?

MDA
03-10-2013, 15:58:11
I managed to use google to bypass the splash page for the US Capitol and look at their cafeteria menu. Cafeteria is closed, o/c. :nerd:

Funko
03-10-2013, 16:00:52
Which mullahs are those?

The Mad Mullahs

(I'm assuming he's referring to recent stories about potential negotiations with Iran over nukes but maybe he meant the Taliban - we haven't had that episode here yet for context.)

Dyl Ulenspiegel
03-10-2013, 18:54:46
totalitarian Mullahs in the world

Totally lost me from there on, I thought he was talking about the tea party reps.

Dyl Ulenspiegel
03-10-2013, 18:58:23
Did they furlough their own security, too? Or is it now "every one bring his own gun"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/10/03/shots-fired-at-the-capitol/

Lurker
03-10-2013, 18:59:17
I took it as a reference to the recent "diplomacy" with the Iranians.

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 19:35:07
Did they furlough their own security, too? Or is it now "every one bring his own gun"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/10/03/shots-fired-at-the-capitol/

Shots fired at U.S. Capitol, one in custody
October 3, 2013 - 02:25 pm
Capitol is on lockdown after shots were fired.

There are unconfirmed reports of an officer injured. ABC News reports one woman is dead.

The incident reportedly started when an unidentified woman tried to drive through a barricade at the White House. She had a baby in the back seat of her vehicle. The woman fled the area and ended up at the Capitol, where she tried to drive through another barricade.

Authorities opened fire on the vehicle, killing the woman, authorities say.

People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.

In a notice distributed by email, the U.S. Capitol Police advised everyone to "close, lock and stay away from external doors and windows.The notice said gunshots have been reported on Capitol Hill.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/10/u-s-capitol-on-lockdown-94855.html

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 19:37:34
One of the first reports I saw was this tweet:

Chris Moody ✔ @Chris_Moody
Cops were chasing a black car near the Capitol building. They cornered the car and that's when shots rang out.
1:29 PM - 3 Oct 2013

Dyl Ulenspiegel
03-10-2013, 19:42:15
"Bizarre" or "insane" quite fail to catch that....

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 19:54:30
Radio now says she collided with the balustrades the block vehicular access to the mall (?), was pursued a mile when she collided with balustrades at capitol.

No identification or weapons found in car, which was an out of state lease.

Anybody care to wager she was a DUI who panicked?

MDA
03-10-2013, 20:38:40
They put a dozen bullets into her car. Now they're saying they found a baby on board. :( No word on the baby's condition, but the woman is dead.

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 20:49:45
Chase from White House to Capitol ends in gunfire
By BRADLEY KLAPPER and LAURIE KELLMAN / Associated Press / October 3, 2013

WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman driving a black Lexus tried to ram through a White House barricade Thursday, then led police on a chase that ended in gunfire outside the Capitol, witnesses and officials said.

Tourists watched the shooting unfold on Constitution Avenue outside the Capitol as lawmakers inside debated how to end a government shutdown. Police quickly locked down the entire complex for about an hour, and both houses of Congress went into recess.

The pursuit began when a car tried to ram a security barricade blocking the stretch of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House, according to a law enforcement official who was not authorized to discuss the case by name and insisted on anonymity.

Witnesses said at least 20 police cars chased the Lexus toward Capitol Hill, where the car crashed outside the Capitol.

Tourist Edmund Ofori-Attah said he walked toward the scene, curious about what was going on.

‘‘Then I heard the gunfire’’ and hit the ground, he said.

Senate Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer said a woman was driving the car and had a child with her. Ofori-Attah said the child appeared to be about 2 to 3 years old.

Gainer said the child was taken to a hospital.

Capitol Police Chief Kim Dine said the driver was in custody. He did not disclose her condition.

A police officer was injured in the traffic accident but Gainer said the injuries were not life threatening.

‘‘We heard three, four, five pops,’’ said Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., who was walking from the Capitol to an office building across the street. Police ordered Casey and nearby tourists to crouch behind a car for protection, then hustled everyone into the Capitol.

‘‘There were multiple shots fired and the air was filled with gunpowder,’’ said Berin Szoka, whose office at a technology think tank overlooks the shooting scene.

The shooting comes two weeks after a mentally disturbed employee terrorized the Navy Yard with a shotgun, leaving 13 people dead including the gunman.

Before the disruption, lawmakers had been trying to find common ground to end a government shutdown. The House had just finished approving legislation aimed at partly lifting the government shutdown by paying National Guard and Reserve members.

People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.

The White House also was briefly locked down after the incident at Capitol Hill and the stretch of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the compound was closed to pedestrians. Secret Service said the procedures were precautionary.

___

AP writers Mark Sherman, Philip Elliott, Jesse Holland, David Espo, Alan Fram and Donna Cassata contributed to this report.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/2013/10/03/shots-heard-capitol-building-under-lockdown/1UdgOdhP0Kbad7IrFbnMrJ/story.html

Interesting phrasing.

I know the barriers they set up to close Pennsylvania Avenue -- they're not the sort of thing you could reasonably expect to breach with a Lexus.

The Mad Monk
03-10-2013, 21:06:28
Witnesses say driver "ran the barricade down"

David Nakamura reports from near the White House:

B.J. and Susan Campbell of Oregon, who were touring Washington, said they saw a black car driven by a woman tear through the security checkpoint at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW heading west on Pennsylvania. The car went about 20 yards before rapidly turning the car around at the concrete security barriers.

“The Secret Service guy was just having a cow,” B.J. Campbell said. “Yelling at her and banging on the car.”

Secret Service officers pulled a black metal gate into the woman’s path, and she slowed the car to try to go around it, the couple said. But an agent moved the gate in front of the car again. At that point, “she just gunned it,” Campbell said. “She ran the barricade down” and knocked the officer up onto the hood of the car,” he said. “He rolled off into the street, and she tore off down Pennsylvania Avenue.”

The whole scene lasted about 20 seconds, they said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog-live/liveblog/shots-fired-at-capitol/?hpid=z2#46b4260c-93d8-4e6f-9f97-98b7ba7cb09f

Funko
04-10-2013, 07:49:10
Just a crushingly sad story. :(

Venom
04-10-2013, 12:51:05
So apparently the story is a crazy (legitimately) black lady with possible post partum depression thinks obama is stalking her. So she tries to get past the white house gate to say "damn dude, stop stalking me." Naturally the secret service and police say no, so she rams her way out of the gate at the whitehouse and flees, in the process hitting a secret service agent with her car (injury 1).

SS agents (see what I did there) fire off about a half dozen shots and give chase as she flees. While in pursuit, another cop car plows into a barrier injuring himself (injury 2).

Crazy lady makes her way to the Capital Building in a high speed chase and goes for the barriers whereupon the cops fire off another 8 or 10 shots hitting her multiple times and killing here. Afterwards they find a baby in the car.

Funko
04-10-2013, 12:56:55
Exactly, crushingly sad.

MDA
04-10-2013, 13:08:05
I could wish someone had spike strips out to limit what she could do with the car. Hindsight, I guess.

MOBIUS
04-10-2013, 13:57:36
That's the first thing I thought too and neither of us are law enforcement types. They're regularly deployed to good effect here in the UK, but then we don't have guns to shoot cars to a standstill, because apparently that's more effective in the US...:(

The Mad Monk
04-10-2013, 15:01:39
They're used a lot here, too. It's not like we don't have them.

The Mad Monk
04-10-2013, 15:16:20
Meanwhile, back at the memorials...

They have wired the WWII memorial barricades together...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVvCkmPCIAIunjR.jpg:large

...and kept the WWI memorial as-is.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVkshNuCMAA8yza.jpg:large

...yeah.

Venom
04-10-2013, 15:36:55
They're used a lot here, too. It's not like we don't have them.

They should have been used. Only reason they weren't is because she was threatening the political class so they probably jumped right to "assassination attempt, terminate with extreme prejudice" mode, which is pathetic.

Venom
04-10-2013, 15:38:47
Meanwhile, back at the memorials...

They have wired the WWII memorial barricades together...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVvCkmPCIAIunjR.jpg:large

...and kept the WWI memorial as-is.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVkshNuCMAA8yza.jpg:large

...yeah.

Ah yes, the memorial built with private funding that has no staff and is regularly open during all the other times the government is closed down for holidays because it's, oh yeah, OUTSIDE.

MDA
04-10-2013, 15:44:48
it's not exactly barbed wire, bet you could snap it with somthing on a swiss army knife

Funko
04-10-2013, 16:16:45
The FBI are on their way to your house MDA.

zmama
04-10-2013, 16:35:42
Never fear, the way the beltway traffic is, MDA has days till they get to his house. :gasmaske:

MDA
04-10-2013, 17:17:17
I'm closer to... another government installation that may or may not exist and also Camp David, which exists, but no one officially knows where it is.

The Mad Monk
04-10-2013, 17:26:51
Camp David remains open. :provost:

Dyl Ulenspiegel
04-10-2013, 17:28:11
So the National Security State keeps getting paid, I assume.

The Mad Monk
04-10-2013, 17:45:20
I'm closer to... another government installation that may or may not exist and also Camp David, which exists, but no one officially knows where it is.

Waddayamean? It's right here! (https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=camp+david&fb=1&gl=us&hq=camp+david&cid=0,0,12802005469401905774&ei=t_tOUu6lFsTErQHJ3YAw&ved=0CIoBEPwS)

MDA
04-10-2013, 17:53:18
I can't believe that's not greyed out.

...maybe the head Google redactor is furloughed.

Venom
04-10-2013, 18:28:16
it's not exactly barbed wire, bet you could snap it with somthing on a swiss army knife

It's more defense than he's put on on the border.

MDA
04-10-2013, 18:42:12
streamline immigration (because honestly, it's a horrible process), and lock down the damn border

see, compromise!

side benefit is it gets harder to smuggle drugs

Lurker
07-10-2013, 03:25:11
Camp David remains open. :provost:

Huh? Really? Outrageous. :mad: :rolleyes:

Jesus god almighty.

MDA
15-10-2013, 13:40:26
I'm still working 90% time! :eek:

jsorense
15-10-2013, 13:46:35
Pretty soon you will have to pay for the privilege to go to work. :clueless:

Funko
15-10-2013, 16:36:32
We have that, it's called Income Tax.

Funko
15-10-2013, 16:37:00
Plus fuel tax, and VAT on public transport tickets.

zmama
15-10-2013, 18:19:15
Who's feeding the lab rats?

jsorense
15-10-2013, 21:17:46
King Rat

zmama
16-10-2013, 15:52:49
All hail King Rat!

The Mad Monk
17-10-2013, 06:29:05
AWRIGHT, VACATION'S OVER!!!

Back to work, schlubs!

MDA
17-10-2013, 17:08:44
at least until January! :nervous:

zmama
17-10-2013, 17:43:32
shhh...they'll hear you!
:nervous:

MDA
17-10-2013, 22:42:25
if you know who should hear you, you know what you'll get
they'll take you off to you know where for you wouldn't want to know how long...