PDA

View Full Version : the beach

paiktis
20-07-2013, 09:31:19
the beach at the island, one of them had huge waves.
aegean had like 8 bofor of wind. That's borderline for ship travel ban.
So there I was at the beach watching these huge waives.
blasting at the coast, foaming, white color more prominent than blue.
i say freck it, i'm going in.
there were three others, most families, none went there except for a couple who did brave the waves.

Just going in a depth suitable to start swiming was a challenge.
The waves thrusted at you, threatening ti literally lift you up, swirl you inside them, then crush you with force at the bottom of the sea which was filled with stones (large pebbles?)

I went in sideways to try and lessen th impact blow of the large waves.
My feet got damaged in two or three places and there was some little blood (very little, healed quicqly, sea iodium and sun are natural dissinfectants).

I went in and started swimming. The one wave after the other hid the sun again and again. You had always to be on the lookout for the big ones.

After some time, I decided to get out of the sea. That was more dangerous than going in. I let the waves carry me very near the coast. Sure as rain the last huge wave took me in its arms, swirled me in its body and thrusted me down on the rocks sea floor, damaging my lower foot (very minor injury, healed as fast, although I still have a bruise/medal :D)

Then there was clapping on the beach by all the frenchies and some greeks, that was fun :D

paiktis
20-07-2013, 09:34:21
I should add that the SO went in first (she's a great swimmer) and of course left without any injuries at all :D

paiktis
20-07-2013, 09:50:52
and once again i was left speechless by the sheer wild beauty of the cyclades. the way the blue of the sky embraces the blue of the sea and the mountains like fists pointing to the sky. a powerful beauty.
i also went overboard with expences but hell I'm not going to condemn the SO (who is not so stringent like me) of a nice experience of eating all the island delicious food recipies and having drinks at awesome places.
what the hell, we only live once. i get those pair of shoes next month.

paiktis
20-07-2013, 09:53:00
also i'm a nice chocolate color

MOBIUS
22-07-2013, 10:59:11
I've been at the beach the last two weekends running - you simply can't beat Welsh beaches when the weather's awesome!:beer:

Last weekend was Oxwich Bay on the Gower and this weekend was Llansteffan, with the obligatory awesome castle thrown in...

zmama
22-07-2013, 14:55:18
I don't like the beach...sand gets places it should never be!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQspVfIJCad6ZvXQ6ZbTDgBi_ASufnHV A4or8wM07XvY6IBmqSbqA

RedFred
23-07-2013, 05:18:22
I did not go to the beach.

But I had a nice chocolate coloured chocolate. mmm.

jsorense
23-07-2013, 22:59:46
I walk the beach almost every day.
It is good for my sorry old sagging ass. :mr_b:

zmama
23-07-2013, 23:47:59
You have a specially made walker to hold up your ass?

jsorense
24-07-2013, 01:54:35
Balloon tires.