Funko
22-04-2013, 08:58:06
NOM NOM

mr_B
22-04-2013, 09:09:39
he has long teeth

MOBIUS
22-04-2013, 09:48:27
Isn't this something he's done before in Dutchieland?

The guy is unrepentant. Yet another blatant handball in the game as well, though at least this one was spotted...

mr_B
22-04-2013, 11:57:21
yes he was suspended for 8 matches when he played for Ajax, he directly moved to Liverpool after that

MOBIUS
22-04-2013, 12:06:23
Serves Liverpool right for buying him then. They would have known about that and the World Cup handball against Ghana.

Funko
22-04-2013, 13:00:31
WTF?!

This season he's got 23 league goals and 10 assists. That means he's directly responsible for over half Liverpool's league goals. Well worth the odd scandal even if he doesn't play again all season.

Rodgers reaction this time was spot on. Much better than the ridiculous response from Kenny Dalglish after the racism accusations.

I'm not saying it's ok to go around biting people, but I'm sure they knew he was a player with a tempestuous history when they bought him. It's not like there are hundreds of players that good around.

MOBIUS
22-04-2013, 13:44:22
Also true. All I'm saying is that they're going to have to regularly do without his services for long stretches at a time: Evra racism was 8 games. The precedent for his last biting incident was 7. I know it was a different league, but clearly he hasn't learned, so it wouldn't be too unlikely to expect more this time around? No, it's the FA, they'll chicken out from being properly tough as usual...

But it is true, football teams generally do turn a blind eye to their players being tossers if they're as good as Suarez...

Funko
22-04-2013, 13:55:10
OTOH the last premier league biting incident Jermaine Defoe got a yellow card from the ref who saw it.

MOBIUS
22-04-2013, 15:56:04
Christ, I wouldn't want to get bitten by those teeth!:eek: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22246344)

MOBIUS
25-04-2013, 09:39:18
WTF?!

This season he's got 23 league goals and 10 assists. That means he's directly responsible for over half Liverpool's league goals. Well worth the odd scandal even if he doesn't play again all season.

Rodgers reaction this time was spot on. Much better than the ridiculous response from Kenny Dalglish after the racism accusations.

I'm not saying it's ok to go around biting people, but I'm sure they knew he was a player with a tempestuous history when they bought him. It's not like there are hundreds of players that good around.

Banned for 10 games! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278258)

So how many goals and assists is that Liverpool are going to miss out on? Not to mention the expense of having an extra quality player (or liability) to cover for him every time he decides to go AWOL...

The point about the guy is that he is unrepentant. He only cares when he gets caught, like the blatant handball where he gave away a penalty in exactly the same game. The guy is a serial cheat.

Even after the biting incident, he should have learned to shut his mouth (seeing as that's what got him into trouble in the first place), but no he went on record as saying that he should only be banned for 3 games - if I was on the panel I'd make an example of him just for that. Well, it seems they did and now it looks like Liverpool will be without their star player for the first 6 games of next season...

Anyway, if Liverpool are fine with that...

MOBIUS
25-04-2013, 09:42:47
OTOH the last premier league biting incident Jermaine Defoe got a yellow card from the ref who saw it.

Because of the dumb rule that if the ref sees something then the player only gets whatever the ref decides at the time - the ref is hardly likely to convene his own panel and decide to punish a player for more than the penalty of a red card, or yellow in Defoe's case, in the heat of the action?

No, for proper justice to be done in the form of a retrospective punishment, the ref has to have failed in his job on the pitch in the first place!:clueless:

Funko
25-04-2013, 10:08:41
I'm sure Liverpool aren't fine with that and want him to play every possible game for them, but I bet they are going to desperately try to keep hold of him in the summer.

It isn't necessarily the right thing to do, their great rivals in Manchester have notoriously sold important players at their peaks when they became perceived to be a problem. Maybe Liverpool don't have the courage, strength in depth, confidence in finding a replacement or belief in the strength of a unified/undistracted group that Fergie does.

Fistandantilus
26-04-2013, 08:05:29
10 game ban is way harsh for an involuntary bite

The Mad Monk
26-04-2013, 20:02:25
In what way was that involuntary?