PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep - greek citizenship

paiktis
31-01-2013, 22:54:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwff6fgNjpE&feature=player_embedded

today this video circulated advocating for greek citizenship for the children of immigrants.

its very cute

now thinking that 85% of all EU immigration passes through greece and it nears 20% i'd say that as usual the politicians slept through lisbon 2.

but anyway.

i went to the iminsitry of internal affairs and it says for a child to get greek citizenship he/she needs to

have both parents living LEGALLY (nearly impossbile unless you're albanian) for a period of 5 years in greece and the child born here.

thats a very slim chance.....

OR

the child is born here and has attened at least 6 years of greek school.

that easy as hell.

as schools are completely public completely free and every child in this country has automatic rights to education, all children go to school period.

so i guess there's no problem.

although i've been seeing a documentary there was a black kidk at 18 years old and he said he was born here and raised in my neighborhood, and it really was apparent because he was speaking EXACTLY like we do here.
same words, same expressions same humour. one of the guys. very cool guy.

but he said that all was well untill he turned 18.
he had red the greek cosntitution about equality and justice for everyone and was really thinking that was the case.

untill he became 18 years old.
then it seems all his rights were vanished.

he was stopped by police and was thrown to jail(????????????????????????????????????????) as not having papers(?????????????????????)
it was obvious he was greek though. just the way he talked.
and from the cool guys of the neighborhood.

i guess i need to do more searching

Poison Arrow Frog
02-02-2013, 06:18:59
It's all Greek to me.

paiktis
06-02-2013, 14:57:01
aaaaahhhhhh
now i see why there is this campgain.
they changed the law!

yes, know it is not enough to have 6 years of greek school, you also have to "prove your link to the nation"
which propably means to give a hefty sidekick kickback illegal pay to the clerk responsible for judging that (then you would truely be greek)
aint greece great

paiktis
06-02-2013, 19:58:22
ancient quotes:

Everyone who is not greek, is a barbarian. (uknown ancient dweller)

Greeks are those who have partaken in Greek coulture. (isocrates)

(and the killer line: )

All Good foreigners are greeks and all bad greeks are foreigners (alexander the great)

“IT IS MY WISH, NOW THAT WARS ARE COMING TO AN END, THAT YOU SHOULD ALL BE HAPPY IN PEACE. FROM NOW ON, LET ALL MORTALS LIVE AS ONE PEOPLE, IN FELLOWSHIP, FOR THE GOOD OF ALL. SEE THE WHOLE WORLD AS YOUR HOMELAND, WITH LAWS COMMON TO ALL, WHERE THE BEST WILL GOVERN REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE. UNLIKE THE NARROWMINDED, I MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GREEKS AND BARBARIANS. THE ORIGIN OF CITIZENS, OR THE RACE INTO WHICH THEY WERE BORN, IS OF NO CONCERN TO ME. I HAVE ONLY ONE CRITERION BY WHICH TO DISTINGUISH THEM VIRTUE.

FOR ME, ANY GOOD FOREIGNER IS A GREEK AND ANY BAD GREEK IS WORSE THAN A BARBARIAN. IF DISPUTES EVER OCCUR AMONG YOU, YOU WILL NOT RESORT TO WEAPONS BUT WILL SOLVE THEM IN PEACE. IF NEED BE, I SHALL ARBITRATE BETWEEN YOU. SEE GOD NOT AS AN AUTOCRATIC DESPOT, BUT AS THE COMMON FATHER OF ALL AND THUS YOUR CONDUCT WILL BE LIKE THE LIVES OF BROTHERS WITHIN THE SAME FAMILY. I, ON MY PART, SEE YOU ALL AS EQUAL, WHETHER YOU ARE WHITE OR DARK-SKINNED. AND I SHOULD LIKE YOU NOT SIMPLY TO BE SUBJECTS OF MY COMMONWEALTH, BUT MEMBERS OF IT, PARTNERS OF IT. TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY, I SHALL STRIVE TO DO WHAT I HAVE PROMISED. KEEP AS A SYMBOL OF LOVE THIS OATH WHICH WE HAVE TAKEN TONIGHT WITH OUR LIBATIONS”.

mr_B
06-02-2013, 21:53:40
was was

paiktis
06-02-2013, 22:11:30
"HOWEVER, IF A DUTCHIE ARCHITECHJE EVER SHOWS UP, MAKE SURE TO SURROUND HIM WITH GINGER PEOPLE AND CLOSE THE DOOR"

Fistandantilus
06-02-2013, 22:19:42
I heard ginger people are great at explaining with ample details the joy of vasecomy.

Make sure they don't forget to do that to entertain the dutchie.

MDA
07-02-2013, 01:33:27
If you're lucky, the doctor will let you watch him cauterize your wobbly bits in an overhead mirror!