PDA

View Full Version : the impossible

paiktis
23-01-2013, 17:23:28
2/10

why?

because the whole of northenwestern europe and some deranged americans go there for paedophilic puproses yet this film shows a stand up family fightining for survival?

please

who are they fooling

it is a good hollywood action movie though, if you choose to disregard the fact

paiktis
23-01-2013, 17:25:02
should have left the french make the film

it would show the modern day arthur clark crying over the loss of a 5 year old

MOBIUS
24-01-2013, 10:40:47
I don't want to see this because I imagine the families of all those that lost their lives in this catastrophe won't particularly want to hear about the miracle of one family who survived.

It's too soon for this kind of film, IMO.

Mr. Bas
25-01-2013, 10:19:02
So, you're not going to see it because you think other people might be offended? Not that I have any plans to go see it myself, but that's more because it sounds like a crappy melodrama.

BTW paiktis, there's shitloads of families on holidays in that part of the world too, nothing weird about that. And some paedophiles of course.

MOBIUS
31-01-2013, 14:23:02
Not specifically, but I must admit it was the final reason among a number of strong reasons why I didn't want to see it - a suitable excuse if you will.

Basically there is nothing about the film that particularly makes me want to see it, apart from the fact that it's the director's first film since the excellent The Orphanage.