PDA

View Full Version : A dirty Champ Man trick

Sean
25-05-2002, 22:27:06
I just started a new game on CM 01/02, with Use Real Players off. It seems that this generally just changes the names of the players, although as Bolton manager I have an 18-year old centre back who is the Finnish captain, and am having to fight off Man Utd and Arsenal to keep him.

But anyway, if a big club (say PSV) bids for a player you have shortlisted but can’t afford right now, bid at least 20m more, even if you don’t have the money. Obviously the selling club will accept your offer and reject the other. Offer the player the best terms you can, then delay the transfer until they cancel it. Repeat until other would-be-purchaser gives up and loses interest.

Resource Consumer
26-05-2002, 21:56:15
cheating bastard! (I'll try it):D

Sean
26-05-2002, 21:57:19
I just did it again as RKC in Holland. I did 10m for a 100k-rated player.

King_Ghidra
27-05-2002, 12:12:25
Originally posted by Sean
I just started a new game on CM 01/02, with Use Real Players off. It seems that this generally just changes the names of the players, although as Bolton manager I have an 18-year old centre back who is the Finnish captain, and am having to fight off Man Utd and Arsenal to keep him.

But anyway, if a big club (say PSV) bids for a player you have shortlisted but can’t afford right now, bid at least 20m more, even if you don’t have the money. Obviously the selling club will accept your offer and reject the other. Offer the player the best terms you can, then delay the transfer until they cancel it. Repeat until other would-be-purchaser gives up and loses interest.

but they will accept all offers, not just your stupid bid, and then the player will decide which club he joins based on the personal terms offered (which are influenced by your financial power anyway).

Anyway, if this tactic is supposed to help you buy players you can't afford now, how the hell do you make your original super large bid??????

Sean
27-05-2002, 16:29:00
That is 100% wrong. Like I said, I tried it. If you bid 20m against a 2.5m bid, the club will get greedy. After all, it wouldn’t want to risk losing 17.5m because the player doesn’t like your club. You can bid more than you have in 01/02, it is very easy. Just press the plus button.