PDA

View Full Version : Conscience in the real world.

paiktis
12-06-2012, 21:28:55
So I was coming home to the jungle after having spend a fabulous 4 days on a mezmerizing greek island clouster that had everything.
Very happy, uplifting and happy because I also managed to reign on expenses, we got off with the SO at the port, caught the last train to the jungle city center and then figured we will take a taxi.

On stepping foot in the jungle again the feeling of suffocation slowly started to return, seeing unchecked criminals doing what they please, neofascist atmosphaire on the air on a slide show of pretence antibiotics to the issue.

I stayed cool though in love but the tension had started to build up.

We go to the taxi station and there a freaking punk taxi driver makes an insult.

If I was alone I could act differently. But that foreign dip shit, I just didn't want to break that lovely feeling I and the SO had after the holidays.
It was midnight, the taxi driver was a scum.
I chose to let go, primarily because I didn't want to jeopardize the good feeling we had. Also I wouldn't want the SO to be in any danger or be afraid.

So I manipulated the fucking little foreign shit (if he were greek I'd have written greek shit - but I wouldn't have been afraid) into letting think he "won" his insult.

I suppose I did the right thing but it bugs me.

Fistandantilus
13-06-2012, 08:08:00
The way to stoicism is a hard one.