PDA

View Full Version : Returning forever, NYC

Mr. Bas
10-05-2012, 18:08:36
It was good, and I succesfully avoided MDA. DC isn't too shabby either. Back now in the daily struggle at work, for the last two weeks.

Also, your compromising pictures have done their work in killling off my chances at the Edinburgh position. I still seem to be in the running in Bristol and Norwich, so far. Even if I don't get either, I'll probably be around for a beer at some point in the somewhat near future.

MDA
10-05-2012, 19:06:58
:beer:

I was the guy with the deathgrip on his camera and the hunted look - in the "I'm clearly a clueless tourist" WVU jacket. Mike and Tizzy know the one I mean. Big cities are the exact opposite of my comfort zone, but its usually an adventure to go explore them. The anxiety is exhausting and I just need a couple of days to recover at home.

After the NY subway, I have a whole new appreciation for the cleanliness of the DC metro. Accidents injure or kill dozens of people a year, but at least it's clean.

Provost Harrison
10-05-2012, 19:07:03
Oooh, you're about a month behind me...I was in Washington and New York then...

MOBIUS
10-05-2012, 21:07:05
And about 10 years behind me...:p

Funko
11-05-2012, 07:51:45
Also, your compromising pictures have done their work in killling off my chances at the Edinburgh position. I still seem to be in the running in Bristol and Norwich, so far. Even if I don't get either, I'll probably be around for a beer at some point in the somewhat near future.

Bristol FTW.

Funko
11-05-2012, 07:52:32
I was the guy with the deathgrip on his camera and the hunted look - in the "I'm clearly a clueless tourist" WVU jacket. Mike and Tizzy know the one I mean.

I'd say it was more of a clueless look than a hunted look?

MDA
11-05-2012, 10:45:02
hmm, yes

Provost Harrison
11-05-2012, 14:42:22
And about 10 years behind me...:p

True in the general sense, old man :p

Noisy
11-05-2012, 16:49:49
NYC? DC? I have documented proof I was there in '83 ... not that I remember it.

Mr. Bas
11-05-2012, 20:24:41
PH: good job! However, f you also were in Boston without telling me, you owe me a beer. :beer:

MDA: I've seen plenty of lost people, so I might have seen you after all. And NYC is cool, but indeed pretty dirty with the rat population to prove it.

Mike: I know, but I'll eat my proverbial shorts if Bristol actually hires me. I wouldn't if I were them. Norwich is the more realistic option, but I'm still in the running for a few other places as well outside of the UK. We'll see.